Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#683164 11/16/21 05:28 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi everybody,

the big data companies - are they the good ones? I have some reservations..

I wrote / we produced this song in late 2019 and for the first time I wrote a very detailed script for the video (thus causing cold sweat attacks with my family and friends when I told them what was coming up to them).

When I had all props ready we scheduled the video shooting for a certain day in early March 2020. Well, fiddlesticks - Covid-19 struck us, lockdown and all that crap. Meanwhile we’re facing the 4th wave and I really don’t seee when the video will be even started.

So here’s the X-RAYED audio. The lyrics may be funny, but the issue is even more serious now than two years ago, I think.

X-RAYED (audio + lyrics)

Technical stuff

This is the only song left in our pipeline that has been eq-ed and mixed by Maha - we still don’t know if she will ever be able to do it again. But believe me: I do hope that so strongly!

Like almost always the song was designed im BIAB, and then transferred to RealBand where I worked on the arrangement, added the horns etc. After that Maha took over and polished and mixed it also in RealBand. I think at that time she only used some built-in plug-ins and mastered it using Ozone 8. Like alwayss I really like what she did.

These are the absolutely fantastic musicians who had no chance to escape playing with me. I was especially happy to find these soloist RealTracks, which needed just a little editing to make them meet my needs.

On the X-Rayed page of my website you will find links to infos and musical examples of each of them.

Back Line:

Craig Scott, dr (BIAB RD HipHop)
Dow Tomlin, b (BIAB RT579)
Mike Durham, g (BIAB RT3442)
John Jarvis, p (BIAB RT 2157)

Awesome solos:

P. J. Perry, as (BIAB RT1333)
Brad Turner, tp (BIAB RT 1335?
Ian McDougall, tb (BIAB RT1334)

Vocals and BGV: Me

Add. MIDI:

Horns (tb, ts, tp): arr. & progr. by me -> Big Fish Vintage Horns

Hope you will enjoy the lsten - any comments are highly welcome.

Maha sends her love to all of you; stay safe, guys,

Stefan

Crossroads #683166 11/16/21 05:45 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Stefan
This is a very elaborately made song
I like very well
Especially the background sound is very good
Vocals and solos fit exactly
Really great made
Viele Grüße
Andi ;-)

Crossroads #683292 11/16/21 03:24 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan,
this is a really good fun, great sounding examination of a VERY serious issue.
Pity about the vid but I have the audio and the lyrics (not essential as your vocal & diction are ace).
That rhythm guitar is a treat isn't it?
The horn lines are ace too.
Thanks for the joy.

All the best to Maha.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Crossroads #683540 11/17/21 02:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool rocker Stephan. Super vocal and lyric. Horn section was smokin. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Crossroads #683680 11/18/21 05:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Your videos are always so excellent, Stefan & Maha. Your songs are always the star of the show. Man, you do such an amazing job on those horns. Genius. Your lyrics are always the driver, and the whole station wagon full of bandmates really enjoy the ride. A very clever mind and a brilliant show of talent. Love and hope back to you both.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
Crossroads #683794 11/18/21 01:09 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Super lyrics delivered with great vocals. Horns are very good. What a package!!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
Crossroads #683839 11/18/21 08:19 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Stefan

Great song and clever lyrics to get the message across.

Always love your horn sections - great work.

Excellent vocal.

Peter

Crossroads #683849 11/18/21 11:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefan,

Good song!

Very well written, arranged, and performed, I especially like what you did with the horns.

Maha did an excellent job on the mix as per usual.

Best to both of you!

Crossroads #683854 11/19/21 12:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan ...

Super cool rocker! Too bad so much of the lyric is probably true. But man ... you know how to put a song together! As always, your vocal is tops. I also love the horns. And the chord progression. And ... well, everything!!!

Di and I hope Maha's health improves.

Great son g - great listen!

Both of you take care.

Alan & Di

Last edited by Al-David; 11/19/21 09:06 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Crossroads #683905 11/19/21 05:05 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Funny lyrics, although based on scary truths about the current new world. Server farms and dolby surround in the same song, very clever and skillful writing smile And very good ending line.

Excellent sounding soulful rock. Good work on the arrangement and mix, you have made horns great again! I really really wish to see the video one day, maybe "they" have it all ready!?

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Crossroads #684041 11/19/21 07:47 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Stefan,
Sorry, late for the party. I wanted to sit down without kids running around in the background to listen to it.
Ohh my. How do you come up with those lyrics? Mind boggling good. They read so easy as Shel Silverstein, but only for adults.
Excellent performance and musical arrangement. A+ to Maha for mixing. Hope she feels better and starts doing creative stuff soon.
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

P.S. Had a guest over last week. A musical friend since school days... I put on a couple of tracks from your "SF" stash from 1970s . He liked it a lot.

Crossroads #684053 11/19/21 10:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Fun lyrics, clearly (as well) sung. Good arrangement - the brass is a blast to listen to.

The swells on the horns were a bit slow, but that's how they're recorded in Vintage Horns, so there's not really anything you can do about that.

I really enjoyed this - even without the video! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
PROJECT M #684055 11/19/21 10:26 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Stefan
This is a very elaborately made song
I like very well
Especially the background sound is very good
Vocals and solos fit exactly
Really great made
Viele Grüße
Andi ;-)

Hi Andi,

thanks a lot for your kind comment on our song - I'm glad you liked it.

Ein schönes Wochenende und herzliche Grüße

Stefan

rayc #684056 11/19/21 10:36 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: rayc
Stefan,
this is a really good fun, great sounding examination of a VERY serious issue.
Pity about the vid but I have the audio and the lyrics (not essential as your vocal & diction are ace).
That rhythm guitar is a treat isn't it?
The horn lines are ace too.
Thanks for the joy.

All the best to Maha.

Hi Ray,

I was pretty sure that at least the lyrics would meet your kind of humour, and I'm really delighted to read that you enjoyed the rest, too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and comment in such a kind and supporting way. And one thing's for sure: One day I will post the corresponding video, so just hang on a ... year (or so)...

Thanks for your good wishes for Maha - she is always very grateful for them. She's making slight (!) improvements (that's why I could return to the forum), but is still lightyears away from who she used to be. And we're still sceptical that the next setback might already be hiding around the corner.

Have a great weeken, Ray.

Stay safe,

Stefan

Scott C #684057 11/19/21 10:36 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool rocker Stephan. Super vocal and lyric. Horn section was smokin. Well done

Thanks a lot, Scott - I really appreciate your kind comment.

Take care,

Stefan

BabuMusic #684058 11/19/21 10:48 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Your videos are always so excellent, Stefan & Maha. Your songs are always the star of the show. Man, you do such an amazing job on those horns. Genius. Your lyrics are always the driver, and the whole station wagon full of bandmates really enjoy the ride. A very clever mind and a brilliant show of talent. Love and hope back to you both.

Hey Marty,

so good that I do not have to reply orally - your very generous comment would make me stutter like a kid caught stealing a candy.

You're way too kind I think - I'm so happy that you enjoy our stuff and I am very grateful for your words. But there is definitely nothing ingenious with the horns - it's more or less sheer patience (or even pigheadedness) and a lot of trial and error. Any 'real' arranger would break out in tears of compassion if he saw me fighting with the piano roll...

Most of all: Thanks a lot for your good wishes, Marty.

All the best to you and Barb,

Stefan

Crossroads #684101 11/20/21 04:53 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a clever song about a very serious issue!

This masterpiece has it all. A great vocal, a superior band, all mixed to perfection. Loved the lyrics!

A super groove augmented with a super horn section.

Loved it.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Crossroads #684108 11/20/21 05:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan & Maha,

EXCELLENT.

A very clever write. And very well written (your best, It think).

Killer horns! You are so good at that!!

The mix is superb. Everything sits right. Everything is crisp and clear. Vocals are right where they should be. A treat for the ears. I do hope that Maha can continue working her magic in the future...

Good Music.

fj

Crossroads #684225 11/20/21 02:12 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The Stasi of free society.

You are a clever fellow. Those are a fine set of lyrics.

Love the horns.

I enjoyed the listen (again grin)

MarioD #684336 11/21/21 03:38 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: MarioD
What a clever song about a very serious issue!

This masterpiece has it all. A great vocal, a superior band, all mixed to perfection. Loved the lyrics!

A super groove augmented with a super horn section.

Loved it.

Wow, Mario, if that ain't a comment that mahes one blush...

Thanks a lot for it - I'm absolutely glad you enjoyed it.

Stay safe,

Stefan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195