Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68702 04/03/10 02:13 PM
Off-Topic
WienSam Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Folks

This may come as a bit of a surprise, considering my level of involvement on this forum, but I have been out of work for far too long and my generous girlfriend/sponsor has offered me the opportunity for some new education to boost my morale, give me something to do and help me become more 'qualified'. At first, we were talking about adding qualifications to my existing skill set in the field of psychotherapy that would be recognised in Austria (my qualifications are professionally recognised in the UK but not here in Austria) but it proved (to me) to be far TOO expensive and to take far too long to end up with knowledge I already have. So, I suggested that I might look for something that might actually enhance my employability whilst, at the same time, adding to skills that I could use (emphasis on 'I').

I am living in Vienna.

I asked an experienced pro bass player friend of mine about Sound Engineering courses here and he suggested the SAE. Now, I have no intention of technologically designing new audio instruments or re-inventing the wheel and I am already 50, so I found an online course in Music Production (3 months duration online) at Audioaction here and I thought that a 1 year Diploma course at SAE in Digital Journalism here could be very useful. I have over 19 professional qualifications in a wide range of useful subjects (Sports, Education, Business, Computing Systems, the Arts, Psychotherapy, NLP, Hypnotherapy, etc but can't find work with any of them) and I really do NOT want to waste my time with education that proves worthless anymore in terms of finding employment. From now on, my education has to benefit ME first. That said, if I can use that education to find regular paid work, I would be DELIGHTED!!!

So, does anybody on the forum have any experience with either SAE or Audiocation? I would very much appreciate some input prior to giving them a commitment.

BTW, I know that the two most important tools in Audio Engineering are (1) your ears; and (2) knowing how to use your equipment (which, in terms of PG software, I do) BUT I NEED WORK!!!

Many thanks for any input you have to offer

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
Sam, I don't know these 2 institutions but if it is what we have here, some of ours don't provide the academics that an employer values . Ask them to provide a list of jobs that the students have gotten then call those firms and ask if the students were qualified and are still working and advancing with the firms. If they can't or won't then walk away.
Also go to different production studios and ask them where they hire from and what their min qualifications are.
Since I am not the world traveler that you are, I ask this in ignorance but is the culture in Vienna accepting of an English transplant in this field of work. Here sometimes it's the "Good Ole Boy" system that prevents some from entering a narrow economic field.
Plan B write a hit, sell it to a star and live well. BTW I'm still trying to figure plan "B" out
Wyndham

Off-Topic
WienSam Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
So am I (looking for Plan B), Wyndham! Hence, the search...

Really, I think my benefactrice thinks it would keep me motivated and keep my hopes alive

Good advice, though. I put it out on FaceBook and a couple of my muso friends here have already replied stating that there are no good audio engineers in Austria and that there are too many sound guys here in too few locations. Which is why I want to study something that would be useful to ME.

Over 50? I doubt very much that I will ever find useful employment again in any case with my health today and my past record of primarily self employment!

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I really do NOT want to waste my time with education that proves worthless anymore in terms of finding employment. From now on, my education has to benefit ME first. That said, if I can use that education to find regular paid work, I would be DELIGHTED!!!

Sam, I feel like I know you I've read your posts now for several years. Of course, this is only an internet forum so I could be way off base so please feel free to ignore what I'm about to say. You seem like a good guy, very emotional and your signature line says it all "follow that dream". Time to get real, buddy. You're 50, I'm 64 and I've been there and done that. The difference is I made this decision when I was about 35. I was a full time musician up to that point and was actually barely making a living at it. Believe me, that's a major victory in the music business. You have to bite the bullet and take real solid business and accounting courses. They're not too hard, not like the hard science stuff like nuclear engineering or something. Companies want accountants to keep the book and figure their taxes. Forget the "fun" stuff like trying to be an engineer in a music studio. Let me tell you a story about that. I met a guy at my attorney's house two years ago who just sold his sound design business for something like 3 million to Disney, my attorney negotiated the deal that's why he was invited to the party. I'm pretty good at being friendly and conversational and gaining somebody's confidence and I got him talking about how he got started and it's the same old story. His family owns a thousand acre or so horse ranch in Manitoba Canada, worth millions. He's a sound engineering grad and then went to Hollywood. After many months of pounding the pavement and meeting people he finally got in a studio as a unpaid intern. His duties were to come in for the graveyard shift as a janitor and gopher. Six months he did this and got to know one of the engineers who finally let him sit in the control room during some 3am sessions and he began to get some hands on experience, still unpaid mind you. How was he living? Three guesses and the first two don't count.
Did I mention he's a coke freak? That and his parents my friend. When people talk about networking in Hollywood that's the unspoken way they network. Sam, colleges all over the US turn out graduates by the thousands every semester in all aspects of film and music and all of them are chasing maybe 10 jobs?
Another brief one just to rub it in. Another guy I know is a graduate of the Berkelee School of Music in Boston as a piano performance major. He's a fabulous, monster player, he can read and play any style plus he's a pretty decent singer. Killer studio musician. He was absolutely starving in New York for 4 years and came out here thinking he would have better luck. I happened to talk to him a few weeks ago. He now has 45 music students, is making a living and does a 2 night a week restaurant gig for $75 a night. He never got even one studio gig anywhere around here in the last 5 years. Nada, squat, nothing. As far as I know he's pretty straight, that's probably why no studio work. I doubt it's any different in Europe but I've never been there so I don't know for sure.
It really pains me to be a big wet blanket because I had that dream too for many years but you can't follow it any more. Don't waste your time and effort taking anything that's remotely connected with the entertainment business in any form except maybe law school.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
WienSam Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That is sound advice, Bob, and I would say the same to somebody else too. However, I did that earlier. I was accepted to 2 good English universities and a drama school to study performance arts but decided instead to go to another university specifically dedicated to courses that would lead to good jobs in the city - City University, London. There I studied and worked hard for a Bachelor of Science with Joint Honours in Business Computing Systems. It was effectively 2 degrees in 1: Business Management and Computer Science and normally takes 4 years but I managed to complete it in 3. I graduated in 1992 with an Upper Second (recognised in England as the 'professional' standard) but I was already over 30 and not one single employer would take me on because thay all stated that I was 'too old to be a graduate entry level' and because I did not have 6 years prior experience in a blue chip company so was 'not qualified for fast track'. I spent the next 4 years or so working full time at trying to find a job using my qualifications, with no success at all. So, I went back to university and took a full time one year course in education that would normally lead to a job as a teacher in further and higher education. I did find some work after that but only occasional and part time - I lectured at 6 universities (3 in London and later 3 in Austria) over the last 12 years or so, as a visiting lecturer, on a number of business areas including marketing, finance, human resource management and business computing but I could never find anything permanent or full time because I was not an academic as such and did not have a PhD. I also studied for a Master's degree in Arts Management and graduated in 2002 but that has never produced any work whatsoever. Furthermore, I already have professionally recognised qualifications in: Hypnotherapy, NLP, Psychotherapy and English language teaching among others. Sad to say, these have never produced enough work either.

So, as you can see, I already have more than enough business qualifications but the jobs just aren't there. That is why I am now looking at finally studying something that would be useful to me first but could also possibly lead to employment somehow and I figure that, as there are no really good sound engineers in Austria (they really do NOT know how to mix, either live or in the studio), that I could finally be in demand and they would be skills that would help me personally too. Therefore, the two courses I am considering are: 'Music Producer' online at Audiocation and 'Digital Journalism' at SAE

I hope that clarifies it a bit

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I know several people who graduated SAE. It is known to be a good educational institution.

Apart from that:

1: What would you like to do with your knowledge after you graduate. Live sound engineer or studio sound engineer?

2: Are there jobs on the market in the field you would like to work in?

3: If you want to be a live SE: Do you realize that means hauling heavy equipment around and working mostly (really) late at night?

4: Don't expect big paychecks as an SE (like Bob already said); there are some who get paid nicely, but those are the ones who made a name for themselves.

These are important things to consider before you start your education. Perhaps you could use your previous education and the knowledge and experience you already have and build from that to find a new career.

Whatever you decide, I wish you success. Keep us posted.

Mike

BTW: what happened to the home brewery business?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sam looks to me like you've got enough education but aren't learning anything. It'll just be one more feather in your cap that you do nothing with.
The next sentence I'm just joking around with you. From what I've read from you in the years I've been here you do pretty well as a Jigalo.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
WienSam Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks very much for the input Mike and John.

@Mike:
(1) I would enjoy both studio and live. I enjoy anything to do with music but, with my health (a hernia plus a back problem and a gut problem, both of which have been operated on already plus high blood pressure and a thyroid problem), studio would probably be more suitable and possibly more useful
(2) Are there really any real jobs anywhere these days? Hence, I want to study something I can use for myself and which could lead to possible employment. At 50, I really have virtually given up the thought of finding permanent full-time work and I am not sure my health would take it anyway.
(3) Time of day is not a problem but maybe the lifting would be
(4) Long term the pay is not too important. I am lucky enough to have 2 independently wealthy parents from whom I potentially stand to inherit enough to see out my days and I have no pension rights to date anyway. I am even considering working the cruise liners eventually as a nightclub singer or taxi dancer. The most important thing is to be doing something that contributes to this world rather than just rotting away in my flat (for which my 80 year old father is currently paying)

Quote:

These are important things to consider before you start your education. Perhaps you could use your previous education and the knowledge and experience you already have and build from that to find a new career.

That is what I thought too and have racked my brains for months plus networked to hell and back trying to find something but no joy, sadly.

As to the home brewery business, it is still there in the background but at the moment it is taking longer to build than originally projected and at the moment I am not even officially involved. It may take off in due course... or not

@John: I do indeed have more than enough education but some training in something I would enjoy could well prove useful in the long run. I can't see that either of the two courses I have outlined above would go amiss and I would enjoy doing them and they could prove useful to me as a recording artist in my own right and possibly as a freelance journalist on the music scene in Vienna (or elsewhere). As to being a gigolo, it has its complications and can be rather tricky at times - you try running 3 girlfriends at the same time

BTW, the SAE in Vienna are actually starting this course in 'Digital Journalism' for the first time this autumn which might be an indicator that there is actually a market demand that at the moment is not currently being met. I would be one of the first on the market with a diploma in it. Just a thought

Mentioning my health, I have recently finished reading 'The King and Dr Nick', all about Elvis Presley's health problems and the story behind his death. Seems I have more in common with him than vocal talent and a love of music. Great book and I highly recommend it

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Sam,
I'm a firm believer in "it's never too late to start over".
God knows I've done so many times myself.
I would encourage anyone who wants to try something new to go for it.
However, some of the things offered in schools only make the schools rich.
Every student sitting beside you is your competition. If the niche is already crowded, the sheer number of competitors makes your chance of employment go down. Employment is the goal, am I correct?

If you want to work...find a need and fill it.
It's a simple philosophy. If the need already exists...the job is already open!

Mick

Off-Topic
WienSam Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

If you want to work...find a need and fill it.
It's a simple philosophy. If the need already exists...the job is already open!

That, my dear friend, is the underlying concept behind Marketing.

Thanks very much for the understanding and support, Mick

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sam,

You have a PM.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
From what I have read the SAE seems to be a respectable outfit with a good reputation, so you could do a lot worse. If the studio market in Austria is just starting then you would be in the right place, (and hopefully) at the right time. When the pop/rock music college started in Mannheim Germany, those in at the beginning made the grade, the ones who came late didn't. That means that the course will be just another diploma on your wall if you don't network and build contacts from the word go. In another post regarding some pc problems you mentioned that you couldn't understand the German settings on the pc. If this means that you can't compete in German, then you have a problem. A German course would be vital to enhance your chances of success. Best of luck.

Chris
Off-Topic
WienSam Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks very much for the feedback, Chris.

I do understand German. I just hate reading and writing it (which, strangely enough, Austrians and Germans do too - the spoken language is totally different to the written one)

And I network HEAVILY...

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sam,
Can I take a bus to Austria ? I want to try it.
I'm in the same boat as you are. Lots of credentials and no job 'cause I don't really like any of the things I'm qualified for. Now at 58.......
Try to find something you know you'd like, are in the age category that you'd be likely to be hired and move to a place were you can do it.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
SAE is well recognized.

Unfortunately, the kind of jobs that graduates have to accept are usually internships, with no pay and long and crazy hours. SAE prepares students to work in professional studios; but the problem is those are becoming less and less common.

With your long list of educational credentials, are you stating that none of these seem enjoyable? What makes you think that obtaining a degree from SAE would guarantee happiness in a job?

I actually know someone who attended one of the SAE schools in Germany. For awhile, he had a job at BMW in their noise & vibration reduction department (I actually know his father very well - haven't had an update in awhile).

Since you came looking for advice on the internet, Sam, here's hoping you'll take this as advice.

Pick one of your 10 or so backgrounds - make use of it NOW. Find the good in whatever job you can find using one of those credentials, and capitalize on it and expand that good. Reduce and eliminate the negatives in that job to the best of your abilities. Save your current girlfriend some money while you are at it.

Then take that nice dog for a walk each night after you get home from work, with the satisfaction of putting in a good day's work.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well Sam, if you've got money in your family and you're not hurting for support then you could do it. When I got out of the Air Force in 1968, I paid $285 in initiation dues to the NABET film union in Hollywood in an attempt to get work on a film crew. That was a lot of money in 1968. The union did nothing to help members get work except give you their union membership card, after that you're on your own. I drove about 20 miles each way, paid for parking and walked miles around Hollywood to all the producers offices putting my name in. In 3 months I got maybe 7 days work. The deal is networking, networking and more "who you know". When you see the film credits rolling along at the end of a movie all the production people like "Best Boy", Key Grip", "Gaffer" etc are all department heads and they personally pick their crew for the shoot. Good luck getting to know them if you don't already have an in somehow. Still, if I had enough money in my family to support me for maybe a year or so, I may have been able to do it with enough perseverance but alas, I didn't I was completely on my own and had to give it up. Since you do, this could work for you just like the guy I met at the party. Get your degree and do the intern thing for free for a year or so, it might work out eventually. There's still the drug angle though. A lot of times the contacts are made because you become somebody's dealer. I hate to say it but I saw it and it's true at least in Hollywood. Maybe not in Europe but the music biz is the music biz the world over I think.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Sam,
I`ve graduated SAE in 1992. After that I worked in the "Reigen" (Hadikgasse) as an live audio engineer and I mixed all the great Jazz players like Don Cherry, Mike Stern, Bob Berg, Archie Shepp, John Scofield, Billy Cobham, ...
SAE can give you a real good education if you work hard enough. It`s not like school, though, you have to be self-responsible.

But to be honest, I don`t think it would change much, Sam. Now, I really do not want to offend you, and I mean that! But I think you`re having a problem with your "Selbsteinschätzung" (self-evaluation?). I think reality passes your eyes. There must be something that keeps you off from doing anything with all you 19 degrees. Ask yoursef why that is and be honest to yourself. In many posts of yours you told us what a great musician and lyricist you are - then again you feel too ashamed to post any music or you haven`t finished any (Your webpages has been announcing songs now for how many years and there still aren`t any).

Well, as I said, I do NOT want to make you feel like a loser. You are not. But I think you must be more honest to yourself and estimate what you can do and what you cannot. Find out what your STRENGTHS are. And don`t listen to your friends. They all tell you what you want to hear.

I think you`re really good with that karaoke stuff. So why not make that a big business thing. And please don`t lament about Austria is not appreciating your skills. I am a pro muso here and earn enough money to live. And I do not have rich parents or a rich husband. And you are a cosmopolite anyway. You can travel wherever the best music scene is. If you want something put all your energy into that and just do it. Don`t search for excuses.

My friend, forgive my harsh words. I want you to be successful, I really which you all the best.
Good Luck,
Sandra

"GuitarVersum" YouTube Channel: Jazz Chord Melody Tutorials
Jazz Guitar Lessons | Jazz Guitar Gear Reviews
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT05N04ICdHgmDZrGYz-5A

Lesson Shop:
https://guitarversum.com/shop

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thank god I invested, and turned one year of university into a permanent pension. The investments are almost 100 percent back. The land is all worth more. And retirement at 52 game me time to go back to photography, family, and consulting, taking only the jobs I want, unless I think it's going to ruin the relationship.

I admit to melting down on one business owner yesterday, who'd building I manage, he sent a guy to pull wires for a new security system on Easter Sunday. Well I'm cooking for the clan, 18 people for supper, and he want's me to drive downtown? At first I blamed it on the both of them being Orthodox, but I found out it's their easter this year too, which is 'abnomal'. So, due to the fact I get free Hotel rooms from this chain, I let the guy in.....

Lots of guys I meet are in their 50's and driving school busses. They meet for coffee at the same time. Of course being part Scottish I would NEVER buy coffee out except 2 or 3 times a year, it costs like 3 cents to make, not 3 dollars like at Starbucks. The bucks part means. Should have been Starpounds for penny wise and pound foolish, though being a colonist still have no idea if yer southern fried types use the penny wise pound foolish thing, I know it's going to die out, my 2nd son asked me how that made any sense...

I'd say market the Karoke thing, lots of very cheap cool new digital lights, DMX software for a laptop has dropped to very affordable, and make a setup no can ignore. Offer multiple levels of it, lighting, lasers, haze machine, make the person feel like a rock star. They you end up in your comfort zone, and look for gigs a big fairs etc. We have 4 festivals a year that pack over 1500 people into the karaoke tents for the 'so you think you can sing' judging. That's a good one, cause you find a panel of prominent people who want to do that for 'political' exposure and they pay you to be there and keep saying there name..."Und Herr Koo, vants to thank everyone for using his laundry..vat did you think...???" LOL

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sam,
Listen to the lady.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
WienSam Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I've just called Sandra and we have had a chat on the phone, John

Just to clarify, it is NOT that I don't like using the skills and knowledge I have but that I cannot find the opportunities. Things have been very tough for me since my major gut operation in 2006 and, what with my health and other problems (financial, emotional and psychological) life has been getting harder and harder for me. I do enjoy teaching, lecturing, DJing, giving hypnotherapy and NLP training, if only I could find the work!

Hence, considering investing in some retraining that would be interesting and useful

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,582
Posts734,689
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200