As I began to progress to more complex ideas in songwriting and playing guitar, I am experimenting with chord inversions more and more. Also using chord fragments on guitar.

It only recently occurred to me that first and second inversions are less "stable" and in most cases need to be resolved to the root position.

This brings up some serious memory issues for me on guitar. Not only remembering how to play the chord in three or four places on the guitar neck but now learning the 1st and 2nd inversions. Tripple the work...lol

This also brings up the question of how BIAB is going to handle the slash chords. C/E for example. Obviously, if midi is used things can be moved around pretty easily. I have no idea what will happen with Real Tracks. Trying to use Melodyne to move things around has proven to be pretty difficult.

Real Tracks appears to be the direction BIAB is putting most of its efforts into. I looked at buying the 2022 version. I was not impressed with the continued use of Brent Mason. Please don't misconstrue what I am saying. I like Brent and he is a good country guitar player. He just does not do everything well.

For me, BIAB has a nasty habit of "uncommanded actions" or to put it another way does not do what I expected it to do.

I am not 100% sure what style of music the future will bring for me. I am starting to interact with new people who are introducing me to music I never listened to before.

I listen to Floyd do some pretty complex things with BIAB but I also understand that BIAB is not the only software he uses.

I would like to hear from others here who are progressing in their musical knowledge and or expanding their musical horizons and what effect that is having on the use of BIAB and other software.

Thanks,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo