Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#686830 12/01/21 02:13 AM
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm

Generate all pages
The [Generate] button now generates tracks in all pages, not just the pages displayed on the screen.

-----
I saw the generate button change. In the past, only the current page was generated, but now all pages are generated.
I don't think this change is good. Why?
1. Increased generation time
2. I'm very satisfied with the style. On the extra page, I just want to generate a realtrack. As a result, all the styles have been updated. I can't find what I was satisfied with before
You might say that you can click the separate generation under custom, but isn't that troublesome? I'm used to clicking to generate the current page. Why do you want to click generate on the current page to generate all pages?
Or where there is a setting, you can set Click to generate all pages or only the current page.
I don't like this unnecessary update. Lengthening the generation time is the most annoying. I only wanted to generate one, but it turned into generating all.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
swingbabymix #686906 12/01/21 07:10 AM
A
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
A
Thanks for the feedback swingbabymix! This button was changed in order to support the new utility tracks in the plugin. Like in Band-in-a-Box, the utility tracks may contain tracks from a recently loaded style which is why the button should generate all pages. However, there are a few options I can suggest for you. If you'd like, you can change your workflow so that you are selecting all the tracks you want before generating. That way, pressing the GENERATE button will generate all your tracks at the same time. If you prefer to keep your workflow the same, then I would recommend using the Custom... menu to generate "This Page". That will do exactly what the GENERATE button used to do. If you have a single utility track that you would like to generate you can also use the right-click menu on that track to generate just that track. If you have multiple utility tracks on page 2 that you would like to generate at the same time, you can also select all the tracks and use the right-click menu to generate the tracks that are selected. I hope this helps!

swingbabymix #686924 12/01/21 08:33 AM
Expert
Expert
Perhaps each track of the mixer should have an option to generate that track only, with the central Generate option being "generate all tracks".

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Gordon Scott #686946 12/01/21 09:39 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
Perhaps each track of the mixer should have an option to generate that track only, with the central Generate option being "generate all tracks".

That is kind of the way it works.

The top generates button is for global or page-based things.
You can right mouse click to generate just that track.

Studio One (latest version), Win 11 23H2 , i9 -10940X 3.3 GHz, 32GB Mem, a 4K 40" monitor, PreSonus Studio Live III Console as interface/controller. secondarily test on Reaper, Cakewalk, and S1 on Surface Pro 3 Win 10 (latest versions).
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Adar - PG Music
then I would recommend using the Custom... menu to generate "This Page". That will do exactly what the GENERATE button used to do.

I still think this modification is meaningless.
Click the generate button to generate only the current page.
If all pages are generated, more time and wrong operations will be wasted, and the wav satisfied with other pages will be regenerated. The generate button is so large that it is very easy to click the wrong button.
I've never seen anyone in the forum suggest turning generation into generating all pages.
Even if you need to generate all pages, you can add a new button. In other words, all pages could have been generated in custom. This can avoid mistakes.. grin

Last edited by swingbabymix; 12/01/21 02:05 PM.

swingbabymix #687045 12/01/21 02:10 PM
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
This generate button used to mean to generate the current page. Clicking it is very convenient and will not affect other pages.
Now it has become to generate all pages. Who will continue to click the track to generate all pages? If you click generate, all will be regenerated, which means that all the satisfied contents just now are denied.
This generate button has become all destruction and all negation. Is there anyone else to click?

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Adar - PG Music
Thanks for the feedback swingbabymix! This button was changed in order to support the new utility tracks in the plugin. Like in Band-in-a-Box, the utility tracks may contain tracks from a recently loaded style which is why the button should generate all pages. However, there are a few options I can suggest for you. If you'd like, you can change your workflow so that you are selecting all the tracks you want before generating. That way, pressing the GENERATE button will generate all your tracks at the same time. If you prefer to keep your workflow the same, then I would recommend using the Custom... menu to generate "This Page". That will do exactly what the GENERATE button used to do. If you have a single utility track that you would like to generate you can also use the right-click menu on that track to generate just that track. If you have multiple utility tracks on page 2 that you would like to generate at the same time, you can also select all the tracks and use the right-click menu to generate the tracks that are selected. I hope this helps!

This generate button used to mean to generate the current page. Clicking it is very convenient and will not affect other pages.
Now it has become to generate all pages. Who will continue to click the track to generate all pages? If you click generate, all will be regenerated, which means that all the satisfied contents just now are denied.
This generate button has become all destruction and all negation. Is there anyone else to click?

swingbabymix #687376 12/02/21 01:01 PM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Swing, as Adar and JPettit explained you can generate any part you want. Under the custom button directly below the generate button is a menus that allows you to chose any page, or any single track.

The drop down menu offers these options.

Page generation

Preview 4 bars
Preview Bars. (Utility tracks)
The page (utility tracks)
This a page (utility tracks) (selected region)
All pages
All pages (midi only)

Style generation

All style tracks
Style mix
Individual tracks
Style tracks. > this one allows you to chose any one style track

Utility tracks

All Utility tracks
Utility tracks > this one allows you to chose any one utility track
Audio harmony from WAV file

Multiriff generation

Riff of entire song
Riffs of selected regions

So with the above options there is no reason to generate all the tracks just choose and go for it.

Last edited by Rob Helms; 12/02/21 01:02 PM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Rob Helms #687396 12/02/21 01:55 PM
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
Swing, as Adar and JPettit explained you can generate any part you want. Under the custom button directly below the generate button is a menus that allows you to chose any page, or any single track.

The drop down menu offers these options.

Page generation

Preview 4 bars
Preview Bars. (Utility tracks)
The page (utility tracks)
This a page (utility tracks) (selected region)
All pages
All pages (midi only)

Style generation

All style tracks
Style mix
Individual tracks
Style tracks. > this one allows you to chose any one style track

Utility tracks

All Utility tracks
Utility tracks > this one allows you to chose any one utility track
Audio harmony from WAV file

Multiriff generation

Riff of entire song
Riffs of selected regions

So with the above options there is no reason to generate all the tracks just choose and go for it.

thank you!Let me learn a lot, I also need to slowly adapt to the new changes. Thank you.

swingbabymix #689507 12/09/21 03:05 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have been using BAIB VST plugin in FL Studio for a while with The 2021 edition for quite a while with absolutely no hassle. I bought the 2022 upgrade, now the The plugin crashes when I try to go to the style picker. It even crashes even before I get this far. I have just bought a new computer with windows 11. The same problem happens. There was N Update to ver. 905.this made no difference. After contacting the support team I was told to reload FL Studio with Administration. this still made no difference. Is anyone else having the same or similar problems with FL Studio and the BAIB VSt Pligin. I would be most grateful for any advice on the matter. Thank you all in advance. I really love using the program. Looking forward to have this resolved quickly.

Robert1752 #689512 12/09/21 03:34 AM
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Robert1752
I have been using BAIB VST plugin in FL Studio for a while with The 2021 edition for quite a while with absolutely no hassle. I bought the 2022 upgrade, now the The plugin crashes when I try to go to the style picker. It even crashes even before I get this far. I have just bought a new computer with windows 11. The same problem happens. There was N Update to ver. 905.this made no difference. After contacting the support team I was told to reload FL Studio with Administration. this still made no difference. Is anyone else having the same or similar problems with FL Studio and the BAIB VSt Pligin. I would be most grateful for any advice on the matter. Thank you all in advance. I really love using the program. Looking forward to have this resolved quickly.

I have the same experience.
I have a suggestion that you can use VST standalone. In other words, do not use BB VST in Daw for the time being
X:\BB\BBPlugin\Files\Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin Standalone. exe

There will be no explosion, no collapse. There is only one problem that BPM cannot be synchronized. You can modify it yourself. Everything else is the same.

swingbabymix #689515 12/09/21 03:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Robert, sorry to hear your problems with the BIAB-VST. Wish I had the fix but I can only offer the following thoughts. The BIAB-VST v4.0 is in a transition state right now ( ya, I know, a bad time for this). While BIAB 2022 has been getting lots of love to stamp out the bugs following launch, the BIAB-VST has seen little to no updates since launch. On top of that, many of the planned feature updates have not yet been implemented. But I believe it is just a matter of time.

The BIAB-ST has always been challenged by mutiple DAWs, so if the prior version was working in FL Studio, there is a good bet they will get it back. So hang in there.

One thing I have experienced with Reaper, which in the past was always well behaved with BIAB-VST, is unusual crashes and poor performance when working with V4 of the VST. But I was able to remedy this with special attention to system setups. For example, a fresh computer boot before the days DAW activites. Also, careful scrutiny of my ASIO audio drivers (even a reload) to be sure they are all tuned up proper. As soon as I took these precautions, the Reaper/VST v4.0 began to perform well together.

Good Luck
Dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #689562 12/09/21 06:42 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
thank you very much for your response. I will persevere with the stand alone for now, and wait to see if there will be an update. or a fix in the very near future :-)

Robert1752 #689700 12/09/21 03:43 PM
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Robert1752
thank you very much for your response. I will persevere with the stand alone for now, and wait to see if there will be an update. or a fix in the very near future :-)

I also asked many questions about BB VST before. Finally, I found that I'd better use the VST independent version directly
Then, after another half month, I don't even use the stand-alone version now
I began to learn BIAB main program...
Because the BIAB main program is more convenient

swingbabymix #689816 12/10/21 03:16 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
It depends. Sometimes I start in the main program because it has more tools. Then save the song and open in the VST. Other times I find the VST quicker and start there. It just depends on what type of project I do. At work I have a van full of tools they all do different things. Some cross over and give me options.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
swingbabymix #690045 12/11/21 03:18 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have resolved the problem by reinstalling BAIB from 2921 to 2022 from scratch. A very drastic measure I took. However it seems to have worked. I have received a few response from The support team. Of which their last response has left me wondering, If I had waited and followed their instructions I would have arrived at the same conclusion!..... But I am very grateful for them to have taken their time to look into this situation.

swingbabymix #690095 12/11/21 05:32 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Glad you have it working, now go make a really cool song for us to listen to.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,608
Posts735,037
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186