Page 1 of 2 1 2
#691873 12/17/21 10:35 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Dancing After Dark

Let me try to explain this one.

Di was watching a pretty bad movie on one of the streaming services several months ago. It was a terrible movie but I loved the visuals just before and as the credits rolled. Three kids, perhaps 7 thru 10 years of age, were frolicking and dancing as they slowly ventured down a gravel road in a rural setting, the sun setting in the background. They were black-silhouetted against the sky as they made their way. The setting was similar to the graphic I posted on Soundcloud. But, it was an action clip, rather than a still image.

I told Di, "Pretty bad movie, however the ending visuals were great. But a deranged goat could have written a better musical piece to go with the visual." She said, "Well, do it and quit complaining about it!".

So I did. This is where I ended up. Took me about three days to complete. Let me know if it works for you.

Note: For some reason, the piano and rhythm guitar on the left channel arbitrarily drop out for a measure or two a couple of times. Not so on my master. After 3 uploads, it still had the problem. But, ironically, the dropouts occur at different places each time I play the song. I have no idea why! I might redo it in BIAB and reupload sometime in the near future and see if I get better results. Anyway ...

Update this morning (Saturday): I just listened to two other songs, by two different artists, on Soundcloud and had the same "drop out" issue a couple of times. Thus, I have to assume it's either a Soundcloud issue or my generic sound card is going bad. My guess is it's a Soundcloud issue.

The Music Stuff:

File:Dancing After Dark.SGU
Key=Am , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=3:20

Style is _PLAYFUL.STY (Playful Uplifting Acoustic Pop)

RealTracks in style: 3122:Bass, Acoustic, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1262:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~522:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1877:Fiddle, Soloist CountryRob Ev 120
RealDrums [in Song:NashvilleBrushesBalladPushEv16: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes

Last edited by Al-David; 12/18/21 06:32 AM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Deat Alan,

this is so beautiful. And yes, it does represent that picture and my imgaination perfectly. Don't have tzhe slightest idea how a guy can come up with such different stuff like you do - and they're all so good...

Very nice chord progressions - and those soloist tracks again and again seem miraculous to me. Did you have to do a lot of cutting and pasting?

I think you should encourage Di to watch more of those bad movies ;-))..

All the very best to Di and you,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

Excellent instrumental, excellent mix. No surprise there, of course...

(No drop outs on this end...)

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Frolicking kids sounds like a great way to end a movie, especially a bad one. A "deranged goat" --that's great, Di. And this is too, Alan. I had no drop-outs either, and I'm glad. This is superb!! Love how you find inspiration from even the worst places.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,
I am glad Di 'forced' you to stop complaining and make a good song.
That's what you did. I loved that violin / fiddle in it. Really my taste!!

I haven't heard the problem you discribed with the guitar. But I am glad you faced some of the problems with a computer like I had. So I'm not allone on this ;-)

Yes, a lovely song and beautiful violin. I liked it, though it was instrumental...

Nice weekend,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
If I ever make a bad movie, I'm call you to save it with a closing piece of music.

Nice and frolicky smile

moto

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Everyone .

Will answer each of separately this evening - headed to Tennessee for the rest of the day. First, thanks for all the very nice comments. I appreciate them very, very much.

I just listened to the song - and three others- on Soundcloud and there were no dropout issues. Thus, I'm guessing they were doing some minor site maintenance while the site was live last night. Thankfully, everything seems okay now.

See yas this evening.

Alan

PS: Di says "Hi guys!" to everyone and appreciates the kind words many of you have offered her regarding her health. Quote from her: "Those are some damned nice folks. All them seem like they could be best friends." I think she's right. Thanks from me, too.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al,

You are a such a natural when it comes to songwriting and mixing. This is so pretty.
I don't hear any dropouts.
Sometimes my interface (new Motu) "farts" around for no reason at all.
Best to Di,

Josie

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Deat Alan,

this is so beautiful. And yes, it does represent that picture and my imgaination perfectly. Don't have tzhe slightest idea how a guy can come up with such different stuff like you do - and they're all so good...

Very nice chord progressions - and those soloist tracks again and again seem miraculous to me. Did you have to do a lot of cutting and pasting?

I think you should encourage Di to watch more of those bad movies ;-))..

All the very best to Di and you,

Stefan

Stefan ...

As always, your comments exceed my talent. But I sure do appreciate them!

Of the several hundred songs I've recorded using BIAB, I've never once done a copy & paste. Even mine and Di's vocals. Everything is a single pass from beginning to end. We might do several passes, but we never copy & paste.

I'm delighted to hear the music and graphic imagine reflect each other nicely. I was hoping for that!

As for the variety in my styles - I really like almost all genres of music and I'm pretty good at picking out chord progression and musical inflections. The bad part of that is it doesn't give me steady voice (musical & otherwise) in any one area, which is usually necessary for any appreciable recognition. But that's okay. I enjoy what i do. I've had my 15 minutes of "glory" and made a very good living doing it. So, it's all good!

Thanks so much m y dear friend. Give Maha a big hug from both of us.

Alan & Di

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

Excellent instrumental, excellent mix. No surprise there, of course...

(No drop outs on this end...)

fj

Hello Floyd ...

It seriously makes me smile when I read your comments on my musical. It's just so dang nice to know that my efforts are appreciated and that I'm doing something reasonably good. May thanks!

Take care ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Frolicking kids sounds like a great way to end a movie, especially a bad one. A "deranged goat" --that's great, Di. And this is too, Alan. I had no drop-outs either, and I'm glad. This is superb!! Love how you find inspiration from even the worst places.

Het Marty ...

Tis always a great pleasure to hear from you. You have to watch out for those deranged goats - they're tough hombres! Just not so good at writing musical scores.

Inspiration is all around. I just try to keep my eyes and ears open in order to notice some of them. I've gotten ideas from highway billboards, back pages of the newspaper (some of those quirky little back-page stories are are great song fodder!), TV commercials, want ads, lunchroom conversations - even YouTube stuff. I', the family genealogist and I've even got a few ideas from some of my long-gone ancestors!

Thank you so much for the nice words! Merry Christmas ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Alan,
I am glad Di 'forced' you to stop complaining and make a good song.
That's what you did. I loved that violin / fiddle in it. Really my taste!!

I haven't heard the problem you discribed with the guitar. But I am glad you faced some of the problems with a computer like I had. So I'm not allone on this ;-)

Yes, a lovely song and beautiful violin. I liked it, though it was instrumental...

Nice weekend,
Hans

Hello Hans ...

Hope all is well with you. I'm very happy you liked the song, even though it's an instrumental. And Di forces me to do a lot of things - but always in the nicest of ways. BY my definition, she watches a lot of "bad" movies! We have different tastes and preferences in almost everything - except music and mutual loyalty.

Thanks so much for listening and commenting so nicely.

Merry Christmas ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
If I ever make a bad movie, I'm call you to save it with a closing piece of music.

Nice and frolicky smile

moto

Howdy Cap'n!

I'd be more than happy to score any movie you might make. You might know that I'm also an author. I've actually scored two of my novels. I've never released the tracks as such, but I did accomplish the goal.

Glad you liked the song - thanks for letting me know. I'm just an old fart who does what makes me happy in my musical life. Take care.

Merry Christmas ...

Alan

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice work. It has a Gaelic feel to it. Nice production.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Nice work. It has a Gaelic feel to it. Nice production.

Thanks a bunch! Agree with you re the Gaelic feel. It wasn't intentional, but as the project unfolded, it leaned more and more that way.

Merry Christmas ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This'd improve any movie...and there're a lot that need it.
Well done..I enjoyed it.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
rayc #692361 12/19/21 08:50 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
This'd improve any movie...and there're a lot that need it.
Well done..I enjoyed it.

Ray ...

Thank you very much. And yeah, there are some movies out there that could use a review of their musical score. Again, thanks a bunch.

Merry Christmas ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,

You are one of the best on this site for using the full potential of BIAB to create interesting instrumentals, and this is no exception.

Nice composition and arrangement, and the mix sounds good.

Best to you and Di for the holiday!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Frolics to you too!
A really happy piece and perfect for the kids to leap around to.
I enjoyed this so much I'm off to have another frolic.
Bests
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Al,

You are a such a natural when it comes to songwriting and mixing. This is so pretty.
I don't hear any dropouts.
Sometimes my interface (new Motu) "farts" around for no reason at all.
Best to Di,

Josie

Hi Josie ...

Somehow I passed right over yours as I was responding comments the other day. DUH! Please accept my apology.

You are very kind with your comments. I appreciate that so much. I've not had any dropouts since the 2nd day it was posted. I'm guessing it was a temporary Soundcloud issue.

Again, many thanks and Merry Christmas.

Alan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195