Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
maybe reduce display size in chrome

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture d’écran 2021-12-20 175642.png (32.02 KB, 312 downloads)

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
Mr. Mix, I'm not sure this is what you're describing, but the online manual search function does seem to be buggy.

I can reproduce this on both Mac and Windows systems:

- Go to https://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbm2021full/index.htm
- Click magnifying glass / "Search Manual" button to bring up search box
- Click in text field, type in search term, click magnifying glass
- Search box closes, but no results are displayed
- Click magnifying glass / "Search Manual" button to bring up search box again
- Results of previous search are displayed

Thanks! I was able to duplicate the problem myself with your instructions, so I've reported it to our web admin - they'll have a look.

I work here
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: MoultiPass
maybe reduce display size in chrome

Zoom in and zoom out, it won’t work

I recorded a video, remove the suffix .mp3

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
1221002.mp4.mp3 (6.14 MB, 2 downloads)

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
<< However, I think there are two problems. >>

<< First: Choose the guitar 2501, 3351, whether it matches the style perfectly, this test sounds more troublesome. >>
I chose these RealTracks for demonstration only and not due to their compatibility with the song. They are just different recordings of the same baritone guitar being played by the same artist, Brent Mason. That being the case does not mean they were sufficient choices stylistically for the song. In a Medley, any RealTrack the user thinks is appropriate can be selected and used.

<< Second: He can only play in the order of the insertion list, but cannot choose by himself. >>
No, that's not correct. I only detailed instructions for one use of the RealTrack Medley Maker and there are many other options to choose and create different variations of the playing order. As I also stated, the demonstration I outlined these steps is only a single method from several other ways to achieve variations of the playing order of the instrument. The MultiRiff option is another but Medleys can also be entered manually from the Bar Settings Page and custom settings placed at any bar determined by user input.

<< So, I think it is more appropriate to directly use the latest 2022 function multiriff instead of this function? >>
Yes. that's another way to accomplish the same thing.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff

Thanks. This is fixed. Note online manual search for 2022 manuals is limited at the moment, will take a couple of days to be indexed fully.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

but Medleys can also be entered manually from the Bar Settings Page and custom settings placed at any bar determined by user input.

How to set in subsections? Is it convenient to talk about it? Or is there any official video? I only learned this today. Thank you teacher!

Last edited by swingbabymix; 12/20/21 02:05 PM.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music

Thanks. This is fixed. Note online manual search for 2022 manuals is limited at the moment, will take a couple of days to be indexed fully.

Well that was fast! Many thanks.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

but Medleys can also be entered manually from the Bar Settings Page and custom settings placed at any bar determined by user input.

How to set in subsections? Is it convenient to talk about it? Or is there any official video? I only learned this today. Thank you teacher!

You select the RealTrack with the RealTrack Button in Bar Settings and you set the bars for the RealTrack to start and end with the bars button in the Bar Settings. Very easy.

Charlie

Screenshot 2021-12-20 212741.png (32.22 KB, 221 downloads)

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S

You select the RealTrack with the RealTrack Button in Bar Settings and you set the bars for the RealTrack to start and end with the bars button in the Bar Settings. Very easy.

Charlie

But three new paragraphs have been set in Medleys. How to control any paragraph in Medleys here?

2021-12-21_103934.jpg (111.46 KB, 214 downloads)

C
Expert
Expert
C
Swingbabymix, with all respects, I highly recommend you to relax and not trying to learn all BIAB features at once. BIAB is a complex program with a high learning curve, and while learning how to use its most basic functions is easy, mastering the program (like mastering any other complex subject) can take years.

It looks like you're trying to learn all aspects of the program at the same time, and as result you're mixing a lot of unrelated concepts; That happens because you're not really assimilating the huge amount of information you're being exposed to.

You won't master BIAB in a few weeks (the same way you won't learn to speak a foreign language or to play an instrument in a few weeks) simply because your brain needs time. So please, read the manual, watch the videos, try to learn the program gradually, enjoy what you can do with it, experiment by yourself, and the most important thing: use the search button, you will see that many of the questions you're doing have been answered in the forum many times before.

Last edited by Cerio; 12/20/21 09:40 PM.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
Cerio you begin to understand that this hyperactive tackles too many problems head-on. As if he had to take the exams when he barely knew how to write. Time is really useful in understanding Biab, you have to learn AND have fun with the program, that there are learning phases followed by the creation phase to be able to assimilate this marvel of the program. And when he doesn't find the answer to his taste, from nice forumers, he starts up a new thread in a slightly different form. Exhausting but cute, after all.

C
Expert
Expert
C
Well, I think he genuinely loves the program, but is just a little bit anxious to learn EVERYTHING. smile

BIAB 2024, latest build.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Well, I think he genuinely loves the program, but is just a little bit anxious to learn EVERYTHING. smile

thanks grin
I have almost mastered it now.I didn't know what Medley was before.
I can master the playback of all parts of Medley, and I want to see how it works.
I didn’t find any relevant introduction on youtube.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Cerio you begin to understand that this hyperactive tackles too many problems head-on. As if he had to take the exams when he barely knew how to write. Time is really useful in understanding Biab, you have to learn AND have fun with the program, that there are learning phases followed by the creation phase to be able to assimilate this marvel of the program. And when he doesn't find the answer to his taste, from nice forumers, he starts up a new thread in a slightly different form. Exhausting but cute, after all.

Allow me to be active for a few more days, I am currently at the climax of learning grin

Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert

thanks grin
I can master the playback of all parts of Medley, and I want to see how it works.
I didn’t find any relevant introduction on youtube.

Don't forget to tell us your method for the Medley, it interests a lot of people. Make us some nice videos that show the steps.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S

Don't forget to tell us your method for the Medley, it interests a lot of people. Make us some nice videos that show the steps.

Haven't mastered it temporarily. I have been waiting for teacher Charlie Fogle's reply cry

Veteran
Veteran
thanks grin

If you've almost mastered it, you are doing much, much better than me. I've been using it since almost its inception. Yet I don't even come close to mastering it. You'll be helping me soon grin

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

If you've almost mastered it, you are doing much, much better than me. I've been using it since almost its inception. Yet I don't even come close to mastering it. You'll be helping me soon grin

I just mastered it in my spirit. grin
Actually, I still have a long way to go.

P
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
swing mix or who ever you are.

Please dont stop asking questions.
I am actually learning a lot of stuff from the questions you ask and the generous answers given by the usual good guys in the forums, the guys who unselfishly go out of their way to give answers.
Your enthusiasm is undeniable and no doubt you will master every aspect of bb.
Top man(along with the usual helpful forum guys)

Please keep going.
Paul.

P.S
I find myself following your posts for the information given in most replies and also for the slight humour in the translation which can be be quite humourous to the english speaking person(in a good way) laugh

Last edited by paulpaul; 12/21/21 01:02 AM.

rebuilt styles,songs and real tracks.
win 10...amd a10 radeon r6 4c+6g 1.8ghz
64 bit hp envy
biab 2023 with 1004 build. styles 1 to 429 plus extras 1,2,3,4 and 6.
running as admin,cleaned up returned to factory settings.
Journeyman
Journeyman
I am learning a lot also.

I have things that I use in BIAB that I am happy with. When someone asks a question it opens up something new that I had not thought of.

...Deb

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199