Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Nice Dan, you can't go wrong with Toontrack stuff, Enjoy!

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This next little present is something that only a few of us here in the forum will recognize. It has been on my shopping list for well over a year. This was demoed by my friend Simeon on Youtube were I first heard it. To my ear, this is the best Trumpet VI out there. I have already found a place for it as the melody instrument in a cover of Elvis Costello's She that I worked on all day today. OK, enough of a build up, without further ado grin

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Blue Street Brass.JPG (31.31 KB, 225 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan, that is on my wish list also.

Last edited by MarioD; 12/29/21 12:51 PM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Mario, the Trumpet, along with several mutes, is everything it is claimed to be! Right out of the box. No messing with EQ or articulations or mics needed. The rest of the horns have not yet inspired me, but they may. I just bought it this morning. This thing never has gone on sale, but this trumpet at $79 plus tax is worth it.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Nice Dan, you can't go wrong with Toontrack stuff, Enjoy!

And you would be on of the best to know that. I have seen your library collection. grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Mario, the Trumpet, along with several mutes, is everything it is claimed to be! Right out of the box. No messing with EQ or articulations or mics needed. The rest of the horns have not yet inspired me, but they may. I just bought it this morning. This thing never has gone on sale, but this trumpet at $79 plus tax is worth it.

Super!

Do me a favor if you would please. Determine if you can use a wind controller with it, i.e. CC2.

Thanx

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Super!

Do me a favor if you would please. Determine if you can use a wind controller with it, i.e. CC2.

Thanx

I think, No. Unless, Dynamic Controls, Key vel CC24 and MOd Whl CC25 work for you? Here is the user guide.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Blue_Street_Brass_User_Guide.pdf.txt (2.46 MB, 4 downloads)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
...in a cover of Elvis Costello's "She" that I worked on all day today.

Elvis Costello's "She"?

Charles Aznavour wrote that song. I know Elvis sang it, as did man singers, but writing props is writing props...

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
...in a cover of Elvis Costello's "She" that I worked on all day today.

Elvis Costello's "She"?

Charles Aznavour wrote that song. I know Elvis sang it, as did man singers, but writing props is writing props...

OK, I stand corrected. Google agrees with you "Written by Charles Aznavour and Herbert Kretzmer and was first released by Charles Aznavour in 1974." How did I miss this from 1974??

Wait, apparently it was not in English. My French is not so good. So Elvis covered it in English and now I have covered it my spare room. grin It is a beautiful melody.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
More likely you missed it because you weren't born yet.... One advantage of having been around so long I voted for Lincoln is a long music history.

This is just one of my annoying features is that I ALWAYS research who wrote songs. There are still people who think The Monkees wrote "I'm A Believer" because that is who they first heard sing it. I had bandmates think ELP wrote Hoedown because they heard it on Trilogy, somehow ignoring the existence of Aaron Copeland. A music professor I had in college got me started on the practice of researching songwriters. And as a younger man, before music history courses in college, and 30 years before the internet, did it myself when I stupidly thought The Beatles wrote "Til There Was You". When I saw The Music Man I was all like "Wow. That's not a Beatles song???" Felt like a total moron.

I also, since the internet was born, adopted the practice of reading who a band's influences were, and then researching them to see who THEIR influences were. I have learned a lot by listening to the original original songs, seeing how the bands doing the covers treated them.

I play in a Southside Johnny tribute band, and his biggest hit, Without Love, was written by Carolyn Franklin, and sung by her big sister Aretha, and was a minor hit as a ballad. Southside "popped" it up and added the power horn parts and had a big hit with it ands it turned out to be the highest charting song he ever had in what is now what, a 50 year career.

But that's just me being a music nerd.

Last edited by eddie1261; 12/29/21 04:29 PM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
How's your OCD today Eddie? (VT heads for the hills as he presses 'Submit' grin grin grin)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Expert
Online Content
Expert
I had bandmates think ELP wrote Hoedown

My brother was thrilled by their "innovative" piece "Nut Rocker", so I played him the Bee Bumble and the Stingers version from a decade or two earlier. :-D

As an aside, years ago I lived in South London and one evening was listening to someone playing that album on what must have been a very meaty Hi-Fi. It wasn't until it started to get dark and I could see the lights and lasers an Kennington Oval, that I realised is _wasn't_ someone's Hi-Fi, it was a concert.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
How's your OCD today Eddie?

Sheldon Cooper has nothing on me!!

Actually, Trev, I don't have OCD.

I have CDO.

With the letters in order.

Like they should be.

(I have that t-shirt and it's one of my faves.)

The hardest thing is that I am both OCD AND anal retentive. I mean, every day I understand why I am single! If I was living with me I would drive me crazy! I prefer to think I am just hyper organized, but nah. Great example. I got a new tempered glass floor mat for under the computer chair up in the studio. I didn't used to need one because the old carpet was so old it was worn as flat as tile, but the new carpet wasn't going to let me roll a chair on it. I have moved that glass mat now SIX TIMES because it wasn't perfectly centered between that legs of the work table. I honestly ended up taking a tape measure up there and doing fractional math to figure out EXACTLY the center point of the desk and the center point of the mat. (Let's all ask together...) WHY??? One inch off center isn't going to hurt a thing.

It's seriously crazy. My keys and wallet MUST be in a tray sitting on a baker's rack by the back door when I turn in or I will get out of bed and put them there. Bills in my pocket must be in order, 1s together, 5s together, and all facing the same way. There can NEVER be a dirty plate, bowl or glass in my sink overnight, The 2 dog leashes hang in the same place threaded through the lattice panel outside my back door. My mouse pad has to be exactly square to the edge of my desk. My clothes hang grouped by color. I have a lot of black t-shirts with writing on them. They hang in alphabetical order. It's crazy. And I guess by logical progression of thought, I'M crazy too.

PS I'm calling that on topic because I mentioned my music room redo. As you can see by how I write I am also a little ADD. I am truly a man of letters. CDO, ADD, PTSD...

Last edited by eddie1261; 12/30/21 03:36 AM.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Now that we all recognize there is a bit of Eddie in all of us, I can only add he is a bit clarivoyant! You will understand that later.

There is just one more final clue before the big reveal.

Never thought I needed these until I got them. These are the perfect touch to add to my final xmas gift to myself. Stop by New Years eve for the big reveal. grin

Monitor Stands.JPG (25.01 KB, 178 downloads)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Super!

Thanx

I think, No. Unless, Dynamic Controls, Key vel CC24 and MOd Whl CC25 work for you? Here is the user guide.

Thanx Dan. My guess is that the mod wheel controls the volume. But no problems, even though it does not support CC2 natively I can get it to work via getting into the guts of Kontakt. I have to do that to some instruments to get CC2 to control volume/expression.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Nice Dan, got a set of stands like those with a pair of Behringer 2030A monitors on them.

Looks like we are going to be in for some classy mixes!

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Those stands are great because they take up so little floor space. I don't know what kind of room you work in but I know I am always fighting space issues. I think all of the "spare bedroom studio" tribe shares that concern.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I don't know what kind of room you work in but I know I am always fighting space issues. I think all of the "spare bedroom studio" tribe shares that concern.

Patience, Oh Nostradamus wink

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Most excellent choice of stands, Dan. Why? Because I've got the exact same ones wink

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That triangular base would drive me crazy deciding if the right orientation is with the long side parallel to the wall or a point aimed at the baseboard. I would probably put them one way then the other like 25 times before I decided.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195