Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#70035 04/16/10 06:55 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Has anyone heard from Russ lately? I haven't seen him post in awhile.

Thanks,

Trax

Muzic Trax #70036 04/16/10 07:01 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
His last posts were the third week in March, during beta testing.

Russ, hope you're OK!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Muzic Trax #70037 04/16/10 07:56 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Russ is the main man. Consequently, in great demand.

just looking for clues...
Oren.
http://www.masteringmatters.com
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
He's probably off somewhere flying his model airplanes.

Go on Russ,give us a wave,and don't fly into the Ash that's
over the UK.

Alan

Last edited by guitarman; 04/17/10 01:54 AM.
guitarman #70039 04/17/10 02:07 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hurry back, Russ, we miss you.

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
guitarman #70040 04/17/10 07:53 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I heard he was contemplating Arizona, which just passed a concealed-carry-n0-permit-needed law...

I might move back to Sun City, despite the possibility I'll contract Valley Fever....the Mexicans have been running thousands of illegals over the border in jitney cabs with false i.d.'s

Russ, we need help at the border!!

Yamaha...Motif ES-8, Motif Rack, CS6X
Korg...Karma,Triton Classic, PA-80, M-1+
AkaiSampler-S5000, Roland.. X5080 Rack/G-1000 Arranger
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3
GDaddy #70041 04/17/10 08:37 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
i too have noticed the void. please check in russ, we miss you.

Don Gaynor #70042 04/17/10 08:54 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Where are you, Russ? What are you up to?

Come back now, please!

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what
WienSam #70043 04/17/10 08:56 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
He's alive and well.

He'll pop up for air soon.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
rharv #70044 04/17/10 10:40 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pop! GASP! GASP! (Popping up for air)

Hey y'all I'm fine. As has been mentioned I'm busy flying my RC planes. (Or should I say crashing 'em. ) Anyway I lurk around here a good bit too to see what's going on with my mates.

I'll be posting a tune soon. Keep yer eyes out for it.

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
RC planes always intrigued me.
Russ being that you're a country boy give a listen to some covers I've done and give me your FB.
Thanks

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ok, Thanks Russ.

Great to see you buddy.

Trax

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
To anyone who hasn't done so yet, goto Johns web page and listen to the work he's done. He has one fine voice. Thanks for pointing that out to me John.

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Russ.
A little background as you weren't around when I first posted them.
These are my live tracks. Except of course the bass and vocals. Mixed in mono. I use a harmonizer for harmonies.
Secret Agent Man was just a little fun to show the versatility of RB. An old R&R song written in a minor key with a blue grass fiddle.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
E
Expert
Expert
E
Hey Russ,

Good to know you are fine. I fly RC Heli's. Just wanted to know what you are flying? Here is a funny video of me flying a Electric Heli off a cruise ship in Cabo san Lucas, Mexico. I got some good altitude, considering the wind.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqeeJJibGA

Ed

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Russ,
RC airplane flying is FUN! I have a Hobbico NexStar, but it hasn't flown in five years. I've been considering upgrading it to electric and see if that's a little better, but out here, there isn't too many places to fly.

Ed, if you like RC Heli, you'll LOVE this. A friend of mine, when I was back on the east coast, built it.

http://www.catsmeowcafe.com/video/jetcopter.wmv

It's a VERY big file

http://www.catsmeowcafe.com/video/jetcopter2.wmv

A much bigger file.

I never saw the final product, as I had moved.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
* Re: Russ DeMussel

You guys are nuts. Crazy planes? What you should do is hook up with the Homie Seecurity guys (I hope that doesn't hit their computers..) and fly over the commie nation to the north. We are cutting generic drug prices by another 60 percent or so...dangerous stuff. And it goes generic after only a few years. You could help catch those seniors smuggling Acid reflux meds into the US. I heard we get them made out of draino in china and ...well.

The Canadian music awards are on tonight the Junos don't juo know. All the perfomances are available for download on CTV. Google it..Buble did a nice opening and won the first award.

Warning, opening act was the BareNaked Ladies, who played here in London last night and flew out to Newfoundland for the show right after. If you don't like bare naked, don't go there...LOL

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here is an amateur brit fellow who switched from RC Helicopters to weather balloons for altitude photography. Pretty impressive results.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/balloon...ory?id=10210658

James Chandler Jr
http://www.errnum.com/
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
"Flying the RC 'copter is easy enough, it is exactly like balancing two steel balls on knives while riding a bicycle." -- Anon

LOL

--Mac

Mac #70054 04/19/10 05:33 AM
Off-Topic
C
Expert
Expert
C
Russ,

Great to know all is well with you.....speaking of RC 'copters, check out the "MikroKopter" (also call the "HexaCopter" for the obvious reason):

http://vimeo.com/groups/5484/videos/6194911

From what I can tell, it sells for around $1,500, but, I haven't found a site where one can order it just yet (although I haven't looked around aggressively in the past few days)....does anyone know more about its cost and a source for purchase?

We're want to change it to WiFi controlled for some experimental purposes. How about the onboard GPS....one could probably read water meters (cough, cough) with this puppy and have it do many other fun thingys as well (since you can put in waypoints as well).

cchallum

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,513
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195