Go To
#711503 04/01/22 05:00 AM
PowerTracks Pro Audio
P
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
P
I have found a sample library that comes with kontakt player engine and is NKS (?) compatible. I could really use this, it is rather expensive so I want to make sure I can use it with powertracks. I have never set up anything like this. Is there a tutorial on using something like this or can someone help me out setting it up. Any info would be appreciated.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Pan.
What is your version of ptw …2022 ??

As to sample libs i would read up in ptw about plug ins on a trak. ie useing a midi keyboard to trigger samples.

Be aware that some sample libraries can require heavy cpu usage. thus i would suggest conducting tests to see how well your pc will run.
And lots of disc space. is often needed.
What pro studios do fyi is often use powerful pc’s
With multiple ssd’s and including windows on its own ssd. Thus ensuring that a Windows task doesnt impact the sample lib access task. there can be problems on low power pc's...eg a laptop with one drive where everything is being crammed onto the one drive. processor power and amount of ram can also be an issue.

Thus i would find out what the pc requirements are of the sample lib your looking at.
cos on a low power pc , there might be problems.
What is the config of your pc ? desktop or laptop ? amount of ram ?
Processor ? how many drives ? only one or more than one ?
Ssd ? or older drive(s )?
Best
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/01/22 07:33 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
PowerTracks Pro Audio
P
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
P
Powertracks 2022
16 gigs RAM
AMD FX 832CE Eight Core 320hz
windows 10
2 TB harddrive (1.61 TB Free) 7200 rpm

Library requirements:
Windows 10 or 11 (latest Service Pack)
Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU
4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
Required disk space: 8 GB
So I assume I am good. Don't know any more about the inner workings of a computer then i do about how my spleen works.
I have watched videos on using Kontakt but can't find much on installing in powertracks. Thanks for the info. this is the library I am looking to use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMBvp_xoi4&t=817s

Last edited by panworks; 04/01/22 10:58 AM.
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
FWIW others have got Kontakt to run in recent versions.
I used Advanced Search on this forum with the keyword 'kontakt' and see the issues others have had and if/how they resolved them ..

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=550443&Searchpage=1&Main=77955&Words=Kontakt&Search=true#Post550443

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=709423&Searchpage=1&Main=95685&Words=Kontakt&Search=true#Post709423

There are many more if you perform the search

Wish I could answer more accurately. My guess would be you can get it to work .. but I don't have it to test.

Last edited by rharv; 04/01/22 12:07 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
PowerTracks Pro Audio
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Pan.
My reply follows.
Do you mean 8320 processor rather than 832 ?
1. Your running a desktop not a laptop ?
If a pc desktop, if were me , i would get a qualified pc tech to install a second drive…but SSD not the older tech and install the drums on that.. Assuming desktop allows that.
I stated the reason before ie stop windows wanting to do something and thus possibly interrupting the recording/playback process/tasks at the technical level.
Also ssd’s are dirt cheap under 100 buks. …and very fast.
It is important to understand that putting everything but the kitchen sink on one drive
opens up possible problems. If you doubt me do your own research on pro recording forums like gearspace.com.
2. I would contact mannette support and review your pc config just to be on the safe side.
does mannette have a free trial so you can try on your pc ?

Ps re “spleen”...the truth of it is if one wants to run a recording studio , the more tech you know the easier it will be for you.

Best
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/01/22 12:23 PM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran

Kontakt by Native Instruments is a Virtual Instrument Audio Plugin and a Standalone Application for macOS and Windows. It functions as a VST Plugin, an Audio Units Plugin, a VST 3 Plugin, an AAX Plugin and a Standalone Application.

PowerTracks claims to be compatible with VST so you should be good to go. However, I suspect the links Rav provided will tell the tale. By the way, the Kontakt VST runs well in BIAB.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Neither Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or PowerTracks Pro accept VST3 plugins. You will need to use the VST2 plugin.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
PowerTracks Pro Audio
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Musicstudent.
Some of my thoughts.

Uppermost in my mind often is how much ‘gear/stuff’ do i need to do a song. And how much to spend given, as i read the other day. lots of musicians are lucky to make 67 bucks a year from their songs !!.
This is a sad state of affairs.
A few years back i had an interesting discussion with a big studio AE bout my thoughts put here.
He told me at the time, i had enough gear to do good songs.
As a result any song i do (as i’m not wealthy) has to use budget/free plug ins.
It would be different if i had a big studio budge.
but my thought is all those great hits of
Bygone decades were done pre-plug in tech.
Thus ive concluded after deep thought that if a song of mine sucks…then i’m at fault.

Re instrument plug ins/instrument sounds let me say i have more than enough... Tween PG RT’s and midi supertraks and free instruments included with the uk
Computer music mag ive got enough to sink a battleship.
Let me give an example…i wonder how many people have ever checked out the free Synth and other vsti’s included with cm mag. An overwhelming number of sounds.

Plus the nice pg user mario turned me onto some pretty neat freebies eg the “beeb” spitfire.
Theres a ton of great stuff out there. And this can create a problem ie with so many choices one can get confused as to which ones to use/overwhelmed.
In conclusion i use KISS approach. I only use low cpu use plug ins both fx and instruments. Ie thus not needing a super power pc…/i9/threadripper.

Yes many paid plug ins are great, but as i said at the start how much is needed to do a song ? particularly as musicians are making so little each year.

In the reaper stash and js btw is some pretty neat stuff.
All songs ive put on user showcase so far used bb/rb/reaper/cm mag gear.
Whether the songs are any good…? …lol…only the listener can decide.
I’m about to put up a crazy rocker. Had a ton of fun using pg 2022 free pg dx plug ins and RT’s. and other bits from cm mag.

in closing what i find amazeing is the quality/inventiveness/brilliance of pg users songs in the showcase compared to various song awards shows...many commercial songs i hear on radio these days just dont crank me up. many in the pg showcase do.

Just my perspective.

Every happiness.
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/04/22 04:39 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,510
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195