Print Thread
Go To
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Hmmm......doesn't do much for me, not my type of music coming out of that. And $500? Could use that for something that works better for me.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Veteran
Veteran
I dunno, seems like a fun tool to me, but not sure how you could use it in BiaB (see topic)
In RB though, yeah .. I could see that

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
Lol Jeff. Of course you can use the machine for any genre of music --

<< ... not sure how you could use it in BiaB >>

Rharv, it would work equally well with BIAB or RB. My version of BIAB has over 3,000 hours of audio and more than 2,500 instruments. That's a lot of material for sampling and also the amazing drum sounds don't you think?

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Expert
Expert
Quote:
Carefully refined through feedback from the beatmaking community…

Nothing there for me.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Quote:

Nothing there for me.

BIAB early development was heavily influenced by the Jazz community but it's quite efficient and versatile in many other genres. With over 3,500 hours of RealTrack audio and more than 2,700 instruments, you should be able to find something to sample don't you think?

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Quote:

Nothing there for me.

BIAB early development was heavily influenced by the Jazz community but it's quite efficient and versatile in many other genres. With over 3,500 hours of RealTrack audio and more than 2,700 instruments, you should be able to find something to sample don't you think?

You quoted my remark while missing my point completely.

Quote:

I don't "make beats" in the modern music sense. For that matter, I don't "mak(ing) modern pop".

There are plenty of other ways to make a living in music and BIAB is an important tool in my arsenal.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
No problem. In fact, I thought your post was spot on.

Here's the context of the original post:

The post wasn't directed toward any individual making beats or modern pop but but was questioning can the Roland device be an effective tool combined with the BIAB program to not only make unique beats from BIAB's library of drums, percussion and synths but other instruments and styles to sample as well.

Further context: There was a long discussion in 2021 that BIAB did not have adequate material and styles to make pop music songs the same as it does for jazz, country or oldies, etc. PG staff became involved in that online discuss and the 2022 BIAB release included new modern music styles. The original post points to how that fits in with BIAB raw content, instruments and styles. I think there's lots of potential and I interpreted your response to be the same as what a majority thought last year, there's not enough content or instruments.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 04/30/22 01:41 PM.

Expert
Expert
I'm still waiting for BIAB 2022 for the Mac. I like what the PC version has brought to the table even if a lot of it will never be used by me.

Veteran
Veteran
FWIW Charlie, I thought your original question was can the sampler be used inside BiaB to make modern pop music, not the other way around.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
I would think it would work either way. Source the samples where ever they're found. CD's, Purchase a package, RealTracks, SuperMIdi, VST's, YouTube. The finished and processed product could very well be the foundation and a VSTi used in BIAB as a loop or sample. Certainly in RealBand don't you think?

In a recent Make Modern Pop tutorial video featuring Austin Hull, he played a simple acoustic guitar riff and then morphed and processed into a unique sound that was completely unrecognizable as a guitar. As a tool, that seems to be something the Roland is capable of.

Veteran
Veteran

In a recent Make Modern Pop tutorial video featuring Austin Hull, he played a simple acoustic guitar riff and then morphed and processed into a unique sound that was completely unrecognizable as a guitar. As a tool, that seems to be something the Roland is capable of.

Charlie, you have proven what I have been saying for years! Its not the tool it is the person using the tool.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
C
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
C
< "Charlie, you have proven what I have been saying for years! Its not the tool it is the person using the tool." >

And using the right tool for specific results doesn't hurt either.

Veteran
Veteran
< "Charlie, you have proven what I have been saying for years! Its not the tool it is the person using the tool." >

And using the right tool for specific results doesn't hurt either.

I agree.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199