Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Let me try one more... Perhaps my musical taste is beginning to move away from the PG Retirement Village. grin

These sounds remind be of DAMAGE by Heavyocity which is a monster VST. But these 2 libraries are free.

PERCUSSION ELEMENTS 2
KONTAKT Library
$FREE

Combination of 4 microphones’ positions (Close / Overhead / Room / Hall) gives you an essential sound that suits your creative ideas. From close and dry sound to long massive hall.

21 built-in rhythmic phrases with auto project time stretch that were added to motivate your creative process.

All required effects (Eq, Compressor, Revrb, Punish) are included in library’s interface and get quickly change essential characteristics of sound.

3 Instrument patches Made for KONTAKT 5.6.8 or higher (not compatible with free KONTAKT PLAYER)

https://splashsound.org/percussionelements.html

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for posting this.
For novices like me with BiaB and computer generated music in general, does this free library work directly with BiaB without any other software from Kontakt?
If so, how do you tell BiaB to find this library on your hard drive?

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You need to load a Kontact library into Kontakt application. While there is a free Kontakt player, this specific Percussion Libray (like so many of the really good stuff) will run only in the paid full version of Kontakt.

So you first need to load Kontakt application as a plugin into BIAB. Then open Kontact and load any Kontakt library. I have inserted many Kontakt libraries into BIAB 2022. They can work well.

However, this free percussion library is much more suited for use in a DAW. The cool rhythm patterns are actually playable loops which you trigger from a midi file and/or your midi controller. So while this library does have static individual percussion sounds the real exciting part is the "performance rhythms". These are best Played from your controller (keyboard) as you record.

IF you are new to Kontakt and its libraries you are in for an exciting discovery period, if you choose to go down this path. Good luck.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (128.95 KB, 173 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hmmm,
I'm not that interested now in paying for and learning a new application. My hands are full with learning BiaB and other things.
You mention use in a DAW. What if I told you that I am transitioning away from Audacity and learning Studio One?
Would I need the full Kontakt application to use the free percussion library inside Studio One?

I also recently figured-out how to use my Korg keyboard to play and record simple drum patterns. MIDI is a whole new world and I'm beginning to see its usefulness.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
MIDI is a whole new world and I'm beginning to see its usefulness.

^^
MIDI (old as it is) still has a lot of value and uses
Explore it; every device is different, but the potential is amazing
Using MIDI I've been able to change settings in synths, guitar/bass FX, lighting etc, (live realtime) besides sending basic MIDI data to a synth
It is indeed a whole new world well worth exploring

Last edited by rharv; 04/10/22 09:31 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Hmmm,
...transitioning away from Audacity and learning Studio One?
Would I need the full Kontakt application to use the free percussion library inside Studio One?

BT,

ALL Kontakt instruments require either the Full Version of Kontakt OR the Kontakt Player.
The specs for an instrument will generally say if it runs in the Player (or requires the Full version)
So you need to load Kontakt into Studio One to use any Kontakt instrument. (provided your Studio One version allows third-party VSTs)

You can get the Kontakt Player from Native Instruments - it's free.
It comes with a few free instruments.
That would be a good place to start - to learn how to use the Kontakt Player inside S1.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-6-player/free-download/

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Percussion Elements 3 is FREE. It is a small sampling of what is in the paid version. I find Percussion Element 3 content of exceptional sound quality - think drums of war or Damage from Heavyocity. But it is clearly limited in amount of content.

So the full version is EPIC PERCUSSION 2 and is on sale for $18.00

-------
KONTAKT Library
$99.00 on sale for $18.00
( Offer is valid until May 23 )
EPIC PERCUSSION 2 - gives you 14 cinematic percussion instruments. From hand percussion to massive ensemble. From low drums to twang tambourine. From exotic Taiko to classic Snare.

Combination of 4 microphones’ positions (Close / Overhead / Room / Hall) gives you an essential sound that suits your creative ideas. From close and dry sound to long massive hall.

70 built-in rhythmic phrases with auto project time stretch. More than 100 additional midi loops and more than 40 sound FX Samples (Hits, Transitions, Risers), that were added to motivate your creative process.

All required effects (Eq, Compressor, Revrb, Punish) are included in library’s interface and get quickly change essential characteristics of sound.

Off-Topic
P
Paj Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
Ferrum Free: A Kontakt Free Player library that's a little wilder:

https://keep-forest.com/store/libraries/225185

The Engine Walkthrough video applies.

Paj
8^)

Last edited by Paj; 04/15/22 02:39 PM.
Off-Topic
P
Paj Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
Here's another free library for Kontakt Retail/Full:

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kontakt-instruments/ecliptiq-audio/vita-solo-percussion-kontakt

This one has flown under the radar for a while. This used to be one of the developer's paid libraries.

Paj
8^)

BTW, if you ever see Ecliptiq's Hexa Rhythm Designer go on sale (I got it for under $20), do check it out (there's a free demo available. It's a little monster and a lot of fun.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I do reallly enjoy these big percussion sounds. Just wish I know what to do with them in terms of incorporating them into my music. On top of that there are so many of them to choose from. Each one seems to be bigger and badder than the next. I have played with Damage 1 and Damage 2 at a friends studio. They are awsome, but the cost is crazy considering other options are free.

There seems to be a flood of sales and giveaways going on with sound libraries at this time.

Thanks for the heads up.

Off-Topic
P
Paj Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
Yeah---the Ferrum engine is full-featured but with a very limited sample set. The engine can do a lot with those few samples.

Just got this link in an email from Native Instruments:

https://blog.native-instruments.com/5-free-percussion-kontakt/?

Paj
8^)

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Paj
Yeah---the Ferrum engine is full-featured but with a very limited sample set. The engine can do a lot with those few samples.

Just got this link in an email from Native Instruments:

https://blog.native-instruments.com/5-free-percussion-kontakt/?

Paj
8^)

I pulled the trigger on SplashSound's EPIC PERCUSSION 2 for $18.00 earlier today crazy . I am hoping I did my homework right. What this product has, that I think many of these other Epic Percussions do not have is:

Quote:
70 built-in rhythmic phrases with auto project time stretch. More than 100 additional midi loops

I want to play the rhythmic phrases not play just the drums. I had downloaded the free examples of this library and really loved this feature, even made a song with them, but I needed more. Which is what the $18 got me.

Otherwise, what is going on these days with the freebees?? Could it be SoundWide?? grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
I want to play the rhythmic phrases not play just the drums. I had downloaded the free examples of this library and really loved this feature, even made a song with them, but I needed more. Which is what the $18 got me.

Otherwise, what is going on these days with the freebees?? Could it be SoundWide?? grin

You may want to look at the Brio Percussion Ensemble:

https://www.indiginus.com/brio-percussion-ensemble

It is my go to percussion program.

Note you will need the full version of Kontakt.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
P
Paj Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
Free for the Free Kontakt Player: Thunder Drums from Soniccouture, available again for as long as the new batch of serial numbers are available.

https://www.soniccouture.com/en/free-stuff/

Paj
8^)

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

No Taiko, how can I go to war with my orchestral percussion without Taiko grin

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Paj
Free for the Free Kontakt Player: Thunder Drums from Soniccouture, available again for as long as the new batch of serial numbers are available.

https://www.soniccouture.com/en/free-stuff/

Paj
8^)

Thanks for all the great links. These are incredible days with all the high quality free stuff avialalbe. A virtual candy store with everything free! By the way, I am loving my Percussion Elements purchase.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

OK if you want to go to war then the war is on:

https://vstwarehouse.com/instrument-type/taiko/

It is free!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

OK if you want to go to war then the war is on:

https://vstwarehouse.com/instrument-type/taiko/

It is free!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Proves my point - a virtual candystore for the taking.
Thanks Mario, I am a sucker for Taiko and Toms! I got more music coming which includes these. My wife is already screaming though the closed studio door, "... what is going on in there?" grin

Hold it, .... that has to be the name of my next project "Taiko and Tom"! laugh

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Question to the experts:

How many free libraries, VSTs and programs does a person need to purchase in order to write a song?

I was wondering how much I should save and approximately how long I should wait before I post anything.

Is $150,000 and ten years about the average?

Should I wait for the free Kontakt player upgrade before I do it?

Also, do I need to know any chords or will Kontakt do that for me?

If I have 50 real instruments could I play one of those instead while I am waiting?

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Question to the experts:

How many free libraries, VSTs and programs does a person need to purchase in order to write a song?

I was wondering how much I should save and approximately how long I should wait before I post anything.

Wow, that hurt. Were you really intentionally dissing us?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,455
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195