Go To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
Tried ver 423, same result with error message:
"Biab track injector GUI.lua:153: attempt to call a nil value (field 'BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString')"

Artur
Veteran
Veteran
It just sets Reaper Media > Video to use wmf for wma as priority, the latest version of Reaper my set that as default any way
wmf ffmpeg vlc qt:mov,qt,m4v,mp4 dshow:!mov,!mp4,!m4v,!qt

Have a look in Options > Preferences > Media > Video and see if the priority is set with windows media format (wmf) first

if not you can copy the above or just move the wmf to the start.

You can select the injector script then select Edit
go down to line 153 and comment it out by putting -- in front then ctrl+s to save and run
Code:
--reaper.BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString( "reaper", "video_decprio", "wmf ffmpeg vlc qt:mov,qt,m4v,mp4 dshow:!mov,!mp4,!m4v,!qt", inipath )

If it's in red it's means it's not installed (sws)

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Artur VC
Thank you, musocity, I'll give it a try... I think Injector is an awsome tool, I cannot wait to get it working.

Yes it is, you just need to stick with it and you will get it sorted.
It may be a bit scary for some Biab users that are not used to Reaper.
Again, if PG implement this it will work straight out the Box.
Let's see what next month brings.

A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
Hi musocity
Thank you so much for your feedback.
I managed to get the injector runing, with latest SWS and biab installations;
when I try to import the track and I get the following message in the console; I cannot find a way to find the trackdata.txt, is there a methodology to generate it?:

"Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:1316: cannot open file 'C:\bb\Data\trackdata.txt' (No such file or directory)

Stack traceback:
ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in function <...rs\avc5z\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:84>
[C]: in function 'io.input'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:1316: in function 'read_lines2'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:2471: in function 'import_sel_mid_trk_btn_click'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:1546: in function 'import_all_chk_tracks_btn_click'
Class - Button.lua:138: in method 'onmouseup'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:887: in field 'Update'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:440: in field 'Main_Update_Elms'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function <...rs\avc5z\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:303>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function <...rs\avc5z\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.8
Reaper:
6.69/x64
Platform:
Win64"

Artur
Veteran
Veteran
Did you put the Track menu in the 923 when you went back to it from 926
make sure you are running the right version if running 2 versions rename bbw64 - 923.exe
The selected track in the floating mixer will give you the C:\bb\Data\temp.txt for Audio RT/RD/UT data and trackdata.txt for Midi track data if you have BB installed on C:\

EDIT: It's version 923 not 423

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-TI-Data-Txt.png (70.6 KB, 361 downloads)
Last edited by musocity; 11/11/22 04:57 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
It's actually version 923 not 423 I listed it as, don't know where I got that from !

A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
When I clic "Track / Get track info", a "Choose a Debug function" window appear, is it intended to work that way?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Track menu.jpg (96.9 KB, 314 downloads)

Artur
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, that's good, Reaper will access it via AutoHotkey to read temp.txt and trackdata.txt that Biab creates from the menu selections. This will read the current Biab audio track sections (temp.txt) or midi track data (trackdata.txt) into the Reaper track.

If these 2 functions were put into Help > Utilities by PG it would save a lot of trouble.

Expert
Expert
I'm installing on Linux trying to interpret the Windows install instructions to suit, but I get an error about which you may be able to advise.
This is as I try to Run "Script: Biab track injector GUI.lua"

T-Inj-Error.jpeg (124.07 KB, 262 downloads)
Last edited by Gordon Scott; 11/29/22 12:54 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
I'm installing on Linux trying to interpret the Windows install instructions to suit, but I get an error about which you may be able to advise.
This is as I try to Run "Script: Biab track injector GUI.lua"

Sorry, Gorden. Would like to help, but over my pay-grade.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musocity
https://www.sws-extension.org/

Install SWS Extensions for:
ReaScript

Added functions:
- BR_GetMidiTakePoolGUID
- BR_GetCurrentTheme
- BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString
- BR_Win32_ShellExecute
- BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString

Also
In Reaper menu Extensions > Reapack > Browse packages.. in Filter paste js_ReaScriptAPI
right click > Install > Apply

It just sets Reaper Media > Video to use wmf for wma as priority, the latest version of Reaper my set that as defafult any way

See if you have wma option in Linux else you will need to use wav or flac, wv, aiff, mp3, ogg

You will need to change the paths, there is a replace all command in the script editor to replace all occurrences.

Code:
drive = {"C","D","E","F",

filetxt = drive[letter]..[[:\bb\Data\temp.txt]]

reaper.ExecProcess([[cmd.exe /C " cd ]] .. [[C:\\Program Files\\AutoHotkey & AutoHotkey.exe]]..

filetxt2 = drive[letter]..[[:\bb\Data\trackdata.txt]]

EDIT: also what version of Biab are you using ?

Last edited by musocity; 11/29/22 08:41 AM.
Expert
Expert
Hi Musocity,

I didn't get far with this today.
I've dropped all the SWS files in the relevant places in ~/.config/REAPER I'm not sure where to check if the extensions for ReaScript are installed. I'll have to explore. I was able to Install->Apply.

I can import .wma files OK, but have no option to render .wma. I think that's sane enough.

I've still to look at the paths. I'm guessing I can remove the drive part and point at the Linux directory. I'll try that out and let you know what happens. Tomorrow (Thurs) will be a bit busy, so I may not get around to any of this very quickly.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2022 (923)
64 bit application

Expert
Expert
OK, I finally got back to this.

I changed all the path definitions that used drive letters to a literal path, e.g.
Code:
[[\var\BiaB_etc\bb\..whatever..]]

and running the script now open the Biab Track Injector window, which appears fine ... time to explore.

On thing I was uncertain about in this was whether the backslash delimiters in paths would work. It seems they do, so presumably something within LUA(probably) understands that. I did wonder, though, if paths should really be written with forward slashes, which is the more usual convention.

Hmm ... or maybe it does. It's just crashed trying to open \var\BiaB_etc\bb\Data\temp.txt but that may also be because that file actually doesn't exist. I note a number of bits of code that look like they may be doing slash translations.

FWIW it used to be that Windows was perfectly happy 'under the hood' to use forward slashes for file paths. It appeared that only the command line demanded a backslashes for paths and forward slashes for command-line switches. I don't off-hand know if that's still true, but I suspect so.

I started through the "Basics 1" section of the video "Band In A Box Track Injector for Reaper", importing chords form an MGU file. At present going on to they Export chords to Biab, gives the log, but fails to transfer any data. This is, of course, pushing some fairly outrageous tasks though this chain ... running in Reaper for Linux a large script written for Reaper on Windows trying to communicate with a Windows program running in Wine on Linux. What could possibly go wrong :-D

Suspending for a while ... I have some work to do.

Edit: Oh yes, I have not so far tried to do the "Add track menu to Biab".

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 12/03/22 05:29 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
\var\BiaB_etc\bb\Data\temp.txt
yes you need the track menu for that to get Biab to make the txt also for midi data \var\BiaB_etc\bb\Data\trackdata.txt

You copy paste the chords from the log console window to Biab Ctrl+Shift+V or Edit Paste Special. It can be made to do it automatically but this gives more control.
Yes most scripts use / or \\ so they work on Mac to but didn't bother as I don't think I can edit that function on the Mac menu to give the track data ? haven't looked into it, will be easier if PG just give menu function to give these temp trackdata txt like it gives with all drum txt all realtrack txt all styles txt etc..

Expert
Expert
Ah ... copy & paste. Yes, OK. I didn't register that in the video.

Do let me know whether you're OK with me continuing with this as we could be chasing bugs for ages for just me or just us.

Following on in the video I reached only to "Import selected tracks" before getting an error:

Code:
Stack traceback:
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in function </home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ReaTrak_Core.lua:84>
		[C]: in function 'io.input'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:1334: in function 'read_lines'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:2694: in function 'gen_cur_track_sec_btn_click'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:2617: in function 'import_sel_trk_btn_click'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:1545: in function 'import_all_chk_tracks_btn_click'
	Class - Button.lua:138: in method 'onmouseup'
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:887: in field 'Update'
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:440: in field 'Main_Update_Elms'
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function </home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ReaTrak_Core.lua:303>
		[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function </home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ReaTrak_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:
	v2.16.8
Reaper:
	6.71/linux-x86_64
Platform:
	Other

That presumably means that function io.input failed. I had a look in the local scripts for the function itself, but didn't find it.

An aside to this, which may be related; if I try to run the BiaB VST, in Reaper or the BiaB standalone, I get an error dialog that just says "I/O error 103.".

FWIW, I changed the generic paths to use / in case that was an issue, but it appears not. All the windows commands I left with backslashes.

Veteran
Veteran
Not sure why the Plugin is not working as I don't have a linux install to try at the moment.

Do you have the C:\bb\Data\temp.txt trackdata.txt
temp.txt
or for midi track
trackdata.txt

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: musocity
Not sure why the Plugin is not working as I don't have a linux install to try at the moment.

Do you have the C:\bb\Data\temp.txt trackdata.txt
temp.txt
or for midi track
trackdata.txt

I did think I'd previously had the plugin working. I'll do some more exploring, maybe I'll find something.

I seem not to have either text file, not in in C:/bb/Data, nor in F:/bb/Data where I'd probably expect it on my setup.

Something I have discovered is that something has gone slightly awry with the Resource Hackered change, because instead of a "Track" menu I have an additional "Help" menu before the real one. I'll explore that tomorrow. I'm pretty I put in the correct text as I still have the text in a file. Maybe I didn't put it in quite the right place or some such. Resource Hacker doesn't seem to offer the data to modify on Wine, so I had to change to Win10, which has long been a nuisance on this machine. :-(

Veteran
Veteran
That track menu was for 923, so edit that menu out first and add another.
This will add as an item in the Help > Utilities so it's out of the way without making a new Main menu item "Track"
In Resource editor in TBANDWINDOW search Tag = 2759
You will see
Code:
        object RunDownloadInstallManagernow1: TMenuItem
          Tag = 2759
          Caption = 'Run Download/Install Manager now...'
          OnClick = RunDownloadInstallManagernow1Click
        end

paste this directly under that item by hitting enter after "end"
Code:
        object TrackMenuItemID1224: TMenuItem
          Tag = 1224
          Caption = 'Get Track Info'
        end

so you have
Code:
        object RunDownloadInstallManagernow1: TMenuItem
          Tag = 2759
          Caption = 'Run Download/Install Manager now...'
          OnClick = RunDownloadInstallManagernow1Click
        end
        object TrackMenuItemID1224: TMenuItem
          Tag = 1224
          Caption = 'Get Track Info'
        end
      end
      object TMenuItem
        Caption = '-'
      end

replace these in the ahk\scripts folder
bb_track_info.ahk
bb_midi_track_info.ahk

Expert
Expert
Hmm,

My Get track Info menu is now in the right place.

When I try to use "Get track info"->"0 Save all ....", I get an message dialog: "Files are written to c:\a\trk"
That path doesn't appear to exist on my setup, which is likely a clue.
I searched the Scripts directories for things that might match that path, but found nothing that looked useful.

FYI, I created empty files temp.txt and trackdata.txt in the likely locations, but they remain untouched.

Expert
Expert
That save path appears embedded in BiaB:

Code:
$ strings -f *.exe | grep 'c:.a.trk' |more
bbw2_32.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw2_64.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw3.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw4_32.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw4_64.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw64.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw64_original.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw.exe: 	c:\a\trk\

It seems to have been in several .exe files since at least 2019.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195