Go To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
There was an issue with Reaper not handling wma files well as it was using ffmpeg decoder but the very helpful guys over at Reaper implemented the Windows Media Foundation codec to fix this issue after I asked them and I did some testing, now Reaper plays wma direct accurately on old or new hardware.
You will need the latest version from 6.57
It now plays fine on a 1.9GHz Celeron Win7 laptop with a 5400rpm HD.
Thanks to the incredibly helpful guys at Reaper this shows what I have been saying about Biab/BBPlugin/RealBand playing source files direct that seemed to fall on deaf ears around here.
All this would allow Biab to be used as a Live Arranger that will be a game changer, the Reaper guys saw this, I just hope the Biab guys will also now see.

Band In A Box Track Injector for Reaper
See Easy Install Guide

It will give you way more control of what you need as it's loading the source files directly (wma or wav) into Reaper without waiting and creating wav files.
You can easily add multiriffs to any section of Reaper's track instantly without having to render a lot of wav files.
You can change any section at anytime.
Any item you click on will show what RealTrack section it is allowing you to see what instruments changes there are on any track instantly.
Any items can be extended either way to give custom variations as you don't have one consolidated wav file.
Shots and Holds for RealDrums can be custom selected by extending/shortening the Hold/Shot section for another variation.
Shots and Hold for the RealTracks can be adjusted easily in timing or volume level.
RealTracks can be changed from Direct Input <> FX version with one click keeping the same playing.
RealDrums can be split to stems (where available) instantly after you have made any custom adjustments to the stereo drums track like adding fills where you want.
I don't know why the Stems don't have the shots n holds at the end of the file same as the stereo files ???? so any shot, holds or pushes you have changed you will have to copy from the stereo drum track.
The Tracks from Biab will adjust to any decimal tempo map in Reaper.
It can have 4/4-3/4 time signature changes.
With so many pre made Styles in Biab this allows you to create you own unique Style or pick a RealTrack instrument or Drum randomly that will match the Feel, Time Signature and tempo range it is set to.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Here's your Biab Live Arranger playing wma direct
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g28fd8zss4me8h8/Biab-Live-Arranger-WMA.mp4?dl=0
you just need to put it in an easy programmed crossplatform language so you don't spend half the year on Win and the other half on Mac.
It just needs to be basic without all the Biab features.
When the user loads a style it just loads all the track data for those RTs and plays the user's chord input back direct from the wma/wav source file sections that are referenced in the data.
Or you can just wait till Yamaha do it.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Changing a track from FX to Direct Input instantly while keeping the same playing sections:

Watch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ck8nr6mar3x42l/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-DI-FX-Change.mp4?dl=0

Download: Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-DI-FX-Change.mp4

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Easy Installation Guide:
Have Biab running when you create the RT RD List in Reaper.

Watch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g784mqib8bpz1r7/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Installation.mp4?dl=0

Download: Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Installation.mp4

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This is a very quick way to export tracks, even if the song is 255 bars it will still be quick without having wait for it to render down to a consolidated wav.
You can then easily edit and tweak the solo track or adjust the level or timing of a hold, change the drum shot, hold or push level or timing, add fills where you like. Nothing is cast in stone, it's all editable to exactly what you want.

This is the simplest way to use it:
Just select the BB or Util track in the floating mixer
and hit "Import Selected Mixer Track" or "Import Selected Mixer Midi Track"

Watch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqm12d31zovnp7q/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Quick-Export.mp4?dl=0

Download: Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Quick-Export.mp4

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Re-Generate any section on a Reaper track, adjust the end or start of any solo item in the track that you can't do with a consolidated wav file:

Watch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbuz200ym5matan/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-11.mp4?dl=0

Download: Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-11.mp4

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Chord Sheet Display options. There are 2 chord view options, Biab type and Studio One type, both are resizable windows.
SGU MGU etc can be imported to Reaper regions or Reaper region injected into Biab:

ReaTrak region chord sheet editor.zip
Current and next region name color display.zip

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Any item you select will give the name and number of the RealTrack or Drum showing any instrument changes on the track.
So if you have F5 instrument or Style change they will all show exactly what instrument change is on the track that you can't see with a consolidated wav file.
If you are sending the tracks to another party you can actually write cue markers with the instrument change name into the rendered wav file.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This shows again how easy it is to switch from the original FX guitar RealTrack to the Direct Input version adding a VST FX like Amplitube.
You don't need to regenerate the track in a DI version giving you different riffs, this will change instantly keeping the same riffs.
You can't do this with a consolidated rendered wav file from Biab.

Watch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j47asnagkbunmup/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-DI-FX-Change-2.mp4?dl=0

Download: Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-DI-FX-Change-2.mp4

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This is a video demo for fitting a soloist to your tempo mapped live recording session with varying decimal tempos:

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybszmz6tmgbtk4x/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-04.mp4?dl=0

Download Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-04.mp4

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Super Easy Drum Editing:
You can easily edit the drum track how you like as every section will contain the whole drum track, you can select whatever shot, hold or push you want and adjust it's vol level or timing/position or put any fill anywhere, you can use A/B Endings anywhere in the song. You can copy the hits from the end of the track and add them wherever you like, let them bleed, adjust vol level as you don't have a consolidated rendered wav file.
It can the be instantly made into stems once you get it how you like without rendering and dragging a whole lot of stems, the only issue being is when they made the stems they did not add the shots, holds and pushes that are at the end of the stereo file, as you can see below in the pic, so you will need to copy them to the stem track from the stereo track wherever you have a hold etc... hopefully there will be an update to fix these.

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/rj3xsgdacivjjis/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-05.mp4?dl=0

Download Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-05.mp4

Turn Auto Crossfade Off to allow bleed

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Multiple variations:
One button click will give you multiple variations of the one instrument without creating any wav files in the Reaper project.

Veteran
Veteran
INSANE.
I've not had a chance to read/watch these vids n graphics let alone read and understand but this is impressive stuff from Reaper & YOU Pipeline.THANK YOU.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Here's all the vids in one

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
After Drums Stems this video will show how you can use different Direct Input guitars on the one track using the same Amp VST to change rhythm patterns during the song, easily adjusting the levels to match. Rather than having a choice of A or B pattern playing you can create custom rhythm changes keeping the same guitar sound.

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/603w9u7j8rbttz0/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-03.mp4?dl=0

Download Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-03.mp4

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
228 Bar Import Time
I made up a 228 bar SGU for a Live Arranger demo (see below) this is how quick the tracks are injected:

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwxnc8qsztzquxx/Inject-228-Bars-Reaper.mp4?dl=0

Download Inject-228-Bars-Reaper.mp4

Live Arranger
Here's Live Arranger playing Biab tracks direct from the wma source files.
So as the midi chord is inputted each track will go to that chord in each source file.

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap6d0ttuidsperv/C-Chords-Reaper-BB-Tracks-Arranger.mp4?dl=0

Download C-Chords-Reaper-BB-Tracks-Arranger.mp4

All of these shows what Biab/RealBand/BBPlugin would be able to do.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Here's a video using BBPlugin as a Live Arranger.
The song has 228 bars of 14 chords in C, 8 bars each so it will loop the 8 bars unless another chord is enter with the midi keyboard.
You can have 2 or 3 BBPlugins to give more chords and endings.

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgybno1v1xg9j2r/C-Chords-Reaper-BBPlugin-Arranger.mp4?dl=0

Download C-Chords-Reaper-BBPlugin-Arranger.mp4

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Pipeline,
It's great to see you posting again, and I hope you are keeping well.
Thanks for the great suggestions.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Thanks Peter, yes going good. Love you guys and Biab, I hope there's some ideas there that will help Biab grow and be loved even more.
It's a shame Apple have to stuff up developers every five minutes by changing things so apps don't work anymore causing developers to spend so much extra time on the Mac apps for every different Mac OS, Windows aims to keep all apps working on the rare occasion of the release of a new OS, not on a weekly basis.
It would be a miracle of miracles if Apple fixed it so apps keep working, maybe Elon needs to get on it.

Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm really enjoying playing with these features Pipeline.
I'm not finding things always working right, but its a wonderful tool, many thanks for your hard work.

Andrew Lloyd
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Thanks Andrew, you will get used to it, it uses a few workarounds using AutoHotkey. Hopefully we can get this integrated into the BBPlugin, it will be even quicker then. For Reaper users it could also inject the tracks directly into the Reaper tracks as the BBPlugin has access to the Reaper API to do all the things that can be done with scripting like getting the tempo map, reading/inserting chord markers/regions, insert the Biab source media files etc...

Nova Scotia, I remember that great film "Maudie" about the folk artist from there, my Mum is from Toronto.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
With a consolidated wav file you don't have the control like the individual track segments. Below you can adjust the timing, volume or length as well as stretching it so it plays a slow strum. You have total control of what is played and where.
Sure if you are up on stage with Biab backing or don't use a DAW it won't help but if you are just creating up songs/tracks then this will give you the control that you need.

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xqixqq7uvj3wbu/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Pushes-3.mp4?dl=0

Download Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Pushes-3.mp4

The Pushes use a 4 bar Hold so you can adjust to what length you like.

C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C
With just a quick look I can see the potential here. Perhaps it's time for another look at Reaper!

Chuck Wiggins

BIAB 2023 Win UltraPak, Cakewalk, Windows 10 Pro
Custom AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, Focusrite Scarlett 4x4 interface

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chuckwigginsmusic
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1cGfP_abwQWwhX6TRcYsg
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
For sure, and if you don't have Reaper it's free to try n try n try...

If you have an instrument using the "Held" option you can easily adjust the strum levels to even out the track:

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/98077kme7kyfifb/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Held-Instruments-Levels.mp4?dl=0

Download Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Held-Instruments-Levels.mp4

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I added some buttons to set/del take markers with item names where you have RT changes on the same track:

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Now again, if you select the "Held" option for a RealTrack it will play the Holds. You can also easily adjust the strum speed by selecting all the items on the track then right click Item properties and change the Playback rate.
You can't do this with a consolidated wav file.

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec12rtzjibw67j7/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Held-StrumSpeed.mp4?dl=0

Download Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Held-StrumSpeed.mp4

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Segmented sections vs Consolidated
When the Biab track data is injected directly into Reaper it's lot quicker than rendering and you can adjust any track segment or delete and replace with a new section but the consolidate rendered wav file you can't do much with it.

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mnmpr864pb133a/Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Inject-Consolidate.mp4?dl=0

Download Reaper-Biab-Track-Injector-Inject-Consolidate.mp4

P
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
Pipeline.
im trying to install track injector.

I have proceeded as the video tells me.
when i open track injector in reaper and try to create rt list
reaper stalls and track injector shows not responding.

running 923 biab.
biab is open ,mixer is floating and rt list is open in biab.

could you give me any advice please.
i would really love to get working with track injector.
Thanks for any advice you may be able to give.

rebuilt styles,songs and real tracks.
win 10...amd a10 radeon r6 4c+6g 1.8ghz
64 bit hp envy
biab 2023 with 1004 build. styles 1 to 429 plus extras 1,2,3,4 and 6.
running as admin,cleaned up returned to factory settings.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Here's your Biab Live Arranger playing wma direct
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g28fd8zss4me8h8/Biab-Live-Arranger-WMA.mp4?dl=0
you just need to put it in an easy programmed crossplatform language so you don't spend half the year on Win and the other half on Mac.
It just needs to be basic without all the Biab features.
When the user loads a style it just loads all the track data for those RTs and plays the user's chord input back direct from the wma/wav source file sections that are referenced in the data.

The "Realtracks inside a keyboard" concept, now a reality(?)
Originally Posted By: Icelander
It does seem that they've now all but perfected the implementation of the very concept which many on here have been suggesting PG could've (should've!) done ages ago. It even promises to include 'Unique' Soloists! shocked

KETRON 'EVENT'

And for some proper audio examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKuAXBlnQeQ

I have seen so many posts posted here for years showing PG clearly how this can be done, but the response from PG has been "we can't do this with Biab because of old users with old computers" or zero response at all that is most of the time, so the technology must not surpass that of old user's hardware, so basically stay 20 years behind ?

Other companies come here to get ideas that are posted here and they implement them long before PG ever get around to it, I have seen this over n over.
I have seen PG delete posts that clearly outline issues where users are trying to help to make it better.
So if you tell the truth you get cancelled.
You don't get this on the Reaper forum where users can openly criticize and not get cancelled.
You need to appreciate constructive criticism, so speak up and "engage" with users and not take them for granted.
As been stated there is so much info that has been posted here clearly showing how well it works way better in speed and ease giving way more control, way ahead of how Biab has been working and is currently working but just seems to fall on deaf ears with zero engagement from PG, I can see how this can be very discouraging for users.
PG needs to spend time away from Biab on other software, see how it works, how smooth and easy things are etc.. rather than being stuck in a bubble.
Other users need to study whats been posted and try it out for themselves and not wait years for PG to hold their hand and give them the OK.

This may well be another post that gets deleted frown

S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
Hello paulpaul,

Did you find any solution for the problem with the BIAB injector hanging/crashing in Reaper?

I am just trying to install the Reaper BIAB Injector.
I have gone through all steps in the instructions and the instruction videos several times but I still can't get it to work. It looks like it behaves in a similar way as in your description above.

I have my BIAB on another disk not the C disk. I wonder if that could be a problem.
The BIAB Injector GUI starts fine in Reaper.
But when I am going to settings and trying to “browse folder for reapeak”s or “create RT list or RD list” Reaper hangs and crashes.

Veteran
Veteran
"“browse folder for reapeak”s or “create RT list or RD list” Reaper hangs and crashes."
You shouldn't need to batch create the reapeaks it should do it as you go, it's just a bit quick if you have the peaks already, but I think you just browse for the RealTracks then Drums folder then it should scan all sub directories and create reapeak files for the audio file type you are using that it is set to in the dropdown.
The create list you can do that manually by clicking the button in the RT and RD pickers, the Copy List button at the "Copy List" bottom of RT & RD picker windows, the text file will save to c:\bb\Data\RealTracksList.txt c:\bb\Data\RealDrumsList.txt or whatever drive you have BB set on in the injector settings tab.
It probably freezes because the little notice that BB gives to say it's finished creating the txt file list goes behind the picker window as it will take a while to create the list.
Remember you can end task autohotkey that is running in the system tray if you get a lockup.

**Make sure you have all the tracks showing with no filters set so you get a complete list of tracks and drums.

Veteran
Veteran
Here's the fix update for the Biab track injector GUI.lua
just replace the Biab track injector GUI.lua only.
https://stash.reaper.fm/44058/Biab-track-injector-GUI.zip

It was just the reapeak button was on the wrong tab after an update.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
create-reapeaks-injector.gif (108.52 KB, 324 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
The list creation works, but as I said any issues just do a manual list creation.
The RealTracks do take a while to create as there are many.

**Make sure you have all the tracks showing with no filters set so you get a complete list of tracks and drums.

Veteran
Veteran
Another thing I can't remember if it was mentioned, is before you create reapeaks move the Data folder out of x:\bb\RealTracks\Data to the root directory then move it back after the peaks are made else it will make up all peak files for the wma demos.

S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
Thanks for the help. I have checked all the points above.
I have got a bit further on way now.

It seemed to be the AutoHotKey that got stuck in the “User Account Control”.
So now I am able to create the RT & RD lists.
And to communicate between BIAB and Reaper for some functions eg. Start, stop, regenerate… works fine.

But I still have problems trying to import the tracks.

It worked once for one style (RT & RD) but not for another styles and only when I imported the tracks one by one.
Then I was able to import each track both audio and midi to reaper. If I use only midi styles (midi instruments) it works fine.
But when I try it again with the same song same style (RT & RD) it no longer works and it is the same problem with other styles.

Reaper hangs/crashes when trying to import the track from BIAB. It gets quite a bit on the way, I can se the audio wave building up in Reaper, but then it crashes with the message... It works fine with the drum track but not for any of the other RT tracks.

... “Building Peaks (no response)”

Also when I am trying to "Browse folder for Reapeaks" it still crashes with the log:

---------
Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:3015: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Dialog_BrowseForFolder')

Stack traceback:
ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in field 'JS_Dialog_BrowseForFolder'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:3015: in function 'reapeaks_folder_btn_click'
Class - Button.lua:138: in method 'onmouseup'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:887: in field 'Update'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:440: in field 'Main_Update_Elms'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function <...rs\hakan\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:303>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function <...rs\hakan\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.8
Reaper:
6.68/x64
Platform:
Win64

Veteran
Veteran
I think JS_Dialog_BrowseForFolder should be in the SWS Extension pack
https://www.sws-extension.org/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auheo1kfzpahrdv/BB-track-injector-tracks.mp4?dl=0

You may have to run Reaper as administrator also so it can run the Autohotkey script if you have Biab running as administrator you will need autohotkey and reaper to run as admin.
I'm not using UAC.

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/FAQ.htm#uac

I think the building peaks may take a very long time so maybe go away and come back later.

Last edited by musocity; 10/24/22 03:11 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
With the reapeaks try it on just one realtrack instrument folder only and if it's working you know it will just take a while to do all.
Also try and disable UAC just while you try the injector then enable it after to see if it solves issues.

S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
I have turned off the UAC so that stopped the problem with the AutoKey to hang.

The problem with reapeaks is that I can't select a folder, it crashes (Reaper no response) directly when I select "Browse folder for ReaPeak".

I have the latest versions of Reaper & BIAB 64B installed as per date 24 Oct 2022. Windows 11. I have gone through the installation instructions and videos several times. I have BIAB installed on a separate drive K: and Reaper on C: and the both run as admin.

I can start the Reaper BIAB track injector GUI. And I have some communication between Reaper and BIAB e.g. start/stop build and create RT & RD lists.

But Reaper crashes in several cases:

1. When I am trying to send chords from Reaper to BIAB

Crash log: ----------------------------------

[Song]
[Key C] [Tempo 120] [Form 1-16*1]
[Chords]
|a) C \ \ \| C \ \ \| Dm \ \ \| Em \ \ \|
| F \ \ \| F \ \ \| G \ \ \| G7 \ \ \|
|b) C \ \ \| Am \ \ \| Dm \ \ \| Em \ \ \|
| F \ \ \| F \ \ \| G \ \ \| C \ \ \|
|a) G7|
[ChordsEnd]
[SongEnd]Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:1685: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Window_Find')

Stack traceback:
ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in field 'JS_Window_Find'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:1685: in function 'send_chords_biab_btn_click'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function <...rs\hakan\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTra k_Core.lua:303>
ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function <...rs\hakan\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTra k_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.8
Reaper:
6.68/x64
Platform:
Win64

------------------------------------------------------

2. Reaper also crashes when I am trying to import tracks from BIAB. A few times I have got one track imported ok (mostly the Bass track no 1). But mostly it fails even if I am trying to reproduce exactly the same steps a second time.

Crash Logs: (two different crashes and logs) ------------------

Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:2487: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (global 'ppqpos')

Stack traceback:
ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in metamethod '__add'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:2487: in function 'import_sel_mid_trk_btn_click'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:1546: in function 'import_all_chk_tracks_btn_click'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function <...rs\hakan\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTra k_Core.lua:303>
ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function <...rs\hakan\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTra k_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.8
Reaper:
6.68/x64
Platform:
Win64

--------------------------------------------------------------
Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:2487: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (global 'ppqpos')

Stack traceback:

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.8
Reaper:
6.68/x64
Platform:
Win64
-------------------------------------------------------------------

3. It also crashes when "Browse folder for ReaPeaks"
But I can't get any logs from this one.

Veteran
Veteran
If you edit the script then do a search for:
reaper.JS_Dialog_BrowseForFolder

just copy that text then on the script window Ctrl+F Ctrl+V Enter

if you have that function installed the text should be all yellow.

Biab track injector GUI.lua:1685: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Window_Find')
go the line 1685 and check the text "reaper.JS_Window_Find" is yellow that the function is installed via SWS Extensions.

Biab track injector GUI.lua:2487: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (global 'ppqpos')
it should be reading "x:\bb\Data\trackdata.txt" to get the midi info to insert in the reaper track.

there should be text in trackdata.txt like:
Code:
Paste into a spreadsheet. List of Events in the track=	147
Status	Channel	Stamp	Bar	Beat	Tick120	NoteNum	Name	Vel	Duration	
NoteOn	3	1080	1	2	0	69	A 5	84	240	
NoteOn	3	1320	1	4	0	69	A 5	84	60	
NoteOn	3	1380	1	4	60	72	C 6	84	60	
NoteOn	3	1440	2	1	0	71	B 5	84	360

Veteran
Veteran
Are you getting the green button that is now in the new script as it was previously showing on the Style tab.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaper is the most popular DAW with Biab users so Biab box can be made to do all this directly as it has access to Reaper's API to communicate directly with Reaper, it could send a whole track or a track section to a selected track or new track. It would be very simple to implement.
https://www.extremraym.com/cloud/reascript-doc/

S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
They are both RED.
I have scrolled through the whole script and there are 5 red items:
reaper.JS_Dialog_BrowseForFolder
reaper.JS_Window_Find
reaper.JS_Window_Destroy
reaper.JS_Window_ChildByID
reaper.JS_Window_GetTitle

I find it strange that they are not installed! I have followed the steps in detail. I have also just tested the latest Beta pack for SWS Extensions with no change.

So how do I find them and how do I install them? (never done this before).

Veteran
Veteran
In Reaper menu Extensions > Reapack > Browse packages.. in Filter paste js_ReaScriptAPI
right click > Install > Apply

S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
Thanks for all the help.

It solved some of the issues. I do not have any Red items left in the script. And sending chords to BIAB and browse folder for reapeaks work.

But there are still problems importing the tracks. Reaper still crashes and it does not matter which track I select it only tries to import track nr 1 the bass track, It imports the track then crashes. If I select another track it import track 1 the bass track..
It is another crash this time. Log: --------

Stack traceback:
ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function <...rs\hakan\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:303>
ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function <...rs\hakan\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:302>

I will rest with this for some time now.
Thanks again.

Expert
Expert
Really great "injector".

But what a hassle to implement. I tried too, but I stopped: this stuff was driving me crazy.

The videos are splendid and really make you want to do it, but you need a certain level to succeed in running it...

Congratulations to Pipeline who manages it so well. I haven't seen anyone else with it yet.

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Veteran
Veteran
"I have the latest versions of Reaper & BIAB 64B installed as per date 24 Oct 2022"

I had 422 running but tried 426 and it did not work.
Use the 423 or 422 as 426 won't allow you to have the Track menu tweak to use the injector.
Just install the 423 and make a copy of bbw64.exe and rename bbw64 - 423.exe and run that without 426 running to use the track injector. Then you can install the latest version but still have the injector version for Reaper to use.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-Track-Menu-426-423.png (70.2 KB, 342 downloads)
BB-Track-Menu-426-423-files.png (8.14 KB, 340 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
"If I select another track it import track 1 the bass track.."

That's because it would be the same text file that was originally created with the earlier version because you don't have the Track menu in 426 now to write the temp/trackdata to a new text file.

You will see in the video the text files being created, read then closed
Video Text Files

This it what Biab RB and BiabVST need to do to give incredibly quick generate and play times rather than writing all the sections into RAM then rendering that down to a consolidated wav file that you can't tweak and change sections in.
Reaper will play these while Biab is still writing them into RAM let alone render down to wav.

trackdata.txt for midi file
Code:
Paste into a spreadsheet. List of Events in the track=	141
Status	Channel	Stamp	Bar	Beat	Tick120	NoteNum	Name	Vel	Duration	
NoteOn	3	1080	1	2	0	69	A 5	84	240	
NoteOn	3	1320	1	4	0	69	A 5	84	60	
NoteOn	3	1380	1	4	60	72	C 6	84	60	
NoteOn	3	1440	2	1	0	71	B 5	84	360	
NoteOn	3	1800	2	4	0	71	B 5	84	120	
NoteOn	3	1920	3	1	0	70	Bb 5	84	420	
NoteOn	3	2340	3	4	60	72	C 6	84	60 

temp.txt for realtrack
Code:
Riff #	Summary	RiffHasData	SourceWAVFileName	SourceWAVFileTempo	SourceBarNumber	SourceBeatNumber	SourceTimeSig	SourceStartTimePPQ1200	*SourceBar	*SourceTick(120)	SourceTickOffsetPPQ1200	SourceEndTimePPQ1200	*Tick Duration120(calc)	*Beats Duration (calc)	SourceEndRiffStretchAmountPPQ1200	SourceEndRiffTransitionAmountPPQ1200	DestinationStartTimePPQ1200	*Chord	*Bar Destination 	*Beat Destination 	*Tick Destination120 	TranspositionSemitonesRequired	ThisRiffIsaPush1200	ThisRiffNumber	RiffNoneHoldShot	RiffHoldsLibraryNumber	ThisIsaPush	ThisisDrums	RiffdbOffset	RiffSoloistNumber	RiffThisRiffStartShouldBeMergedWithEndOfPreviousOne	RiffIsUnknownMonoStereo	RiffIndexFromMultipleRT	RiffMultipleRealTracksNumber	AnyLoopActive	AnyLoopRestartLoopWhenWavEnds	AnyLoopBaseTempo	AnyLoopNumberOfBeats	AnyLoopTransposeAmount	AnyLoopStretchTempo	AnyLoopTranspose	AnyLoopOriginalKeyMod	ChordLoopActive	ForceUsePlusMinusRealtracks	RiffPanning	RiffInstructionFutureBytes
0	Riff 1:1:116 to 3:4:41, dur=1246, beats=10, ticks=+46,leadin120=116	1	D:\bb\RealTracks\Flugelhorn, Background BossaPads Ev 110 (1TrackHornSection)\tp1019.WAV	110	1	1	4	10768	1	116	0	23232	1246	10.39	0	0	10768		1	1	117	0	0	12835	0	0	0	0	0	3448	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,	
1	Riff 3:4:51 to 5:4:45, dur=955, beats=7, ticks=+115,leadin120=-69	1	D:\bb\RealTracks\Flugelhorn, Background BossaPads Ev 110 (1TrackHornSection)\tp1004.WAV	110	30	1	4	148115	29	411	0	157667	955	7.96	0	0	23315		3	4	52	0	0	3450	0	0	0	0	0	3448	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,	
2	Riff 5:4:60 to 7:1:81, dur=622, beats=5, ticks=+22,leadin120=-60	1	D:\bb\RealTracks\Flugelhorn, Background BossaPads Ev 110 (1TrackHornSection)\tpt998.WAV	110	51	1	4	249000	50	420	0	255229	623	5.19	0	0	33000	Fdim	5	4	60	0	0	20015	0	0	0	0	0	3448	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,	
3	Riff 7:1:116 to 7:4:107, dur=352, beats=2, ticks=+112,leadin120=116	1	D:\bb\RealTracks\Flugelhorn, Background BossaPads Ev 110 (1TrackHornSection)\TP1013-1.WAV	110	42	1	4	207563	42	116	0	211083	352	2.93	0	0	39563	C7	7	1	116	0	0	10005	0	0	0	0	0	3448	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,	
4	Riff 7:4:49 to 8:4:92, dur=524, beats=4, ticks=+44,leadin120=-71	1	D:\bb\RealTracks\Flugelhorn, Background BossaPads Ev 110 (1TrackHornSection)\tp1014.WAV	110	4	1	4	23293	3	409	0	28541	525	4.37	0	0	42493		7	4	49	0	0	10904	0	0	0	0	0	3448	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,	
5	Riff 8:4:117 to 11:4:103, dur=1427, beats=11, ticks=+107,leadin120=-3	1	D:\bb\RealTracks\Flugelhorn, Background BossaPads Ev 110 (1TrackHornSection)\TPT998+2.WAV	110	15	1	4	76773	14	477	0	91051	1428	11.90	0	0	47973	Dm7	8	4	117	0	0	19361	0	0	0	0	0	3448	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,	
6	Riff 11:4:50 to 12:4:95, dur=526, beats=4, ticks=+46,leadin120=-70	1	D:\bb\RealTracks\Flugelhorn, Background BossaPads Ev 110 (1TrackHornSection)\tp1016.WAV	110	26	1	4	128905	25	410	0	134171	527	4.39	0	0	61705		11	4	50	0	0	12207	0	0	0	0	0	3448	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,	
7	Riff 13:1:0 to 13:4:106, dur=467, beats=3, ticks=+107,leadin120=0	1	D:\bb\RealTracks\Flugelhorn, Background BossaPads Ev 110 (1TrackHornSection)\TP1007-2.WAV	110	1	1	4	9606	1	0	0	14285	468	3.90	0	0	67206	Am7b5	13	1	1	0	0	5468	0	0	0	0	0	3448	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,	

Veteran
Veteran
Here's opening a frozen SGU without decompressing wma to wav generating into RAM or playing or rendering down to wav, it's just written straight into the Reaper track.
That's what could be done with Biab Connecting to Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Here's a video using Flac directly from frozen SGU without decompressing wma to wav then writing to RAM then rendering down to wav, it's just written directly into Reaper's track as Flac.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/moobjjwo1x29lt9/BB-Injector-Flac-Files.mp4?dl=0

There is a pic show files sizes of Flac Wav and Wavepack, wavepack will encode to more than 10 channels ideal for drums. Compressed format ogg will encode to more than 10 channel also.
So Biab could generate, import or render all it's tracks to/from a multichannel format.

Veteran
Veteran
I took the 10 16bit 44.1khz wav files in the Realdrums folder and encoded them to 24bit 48khz multichannel wavepack file that injects directly into Reaper.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt2bg5l614g8nx7/BB-Wavepack-Multichannel-Drums.mp4?dl=0

See in pic below file size of the 10 16/44.1 drum stems and the file size of the single 10ch 24/48 wavepack file that's 100meg smaller.

Veteran
Veteran
I'm waiting to see what is released at the end of this year in the way of instant gen/play in the BiabVST/standalone, if not I will look at putting some more work into this.
Rather than having to add a Track menu with a tweak to use the two debug options of writing the WAVinstruction RT/RD track data and Midi track data to a text file this could be added Biab Connecting to Reaper to send the tracks direct to Reaper, if not at least these two functions should be added to the Help > Utilities menu so users don't have to manually add this to menus to get instant tracks without masses of wav files.

A lot of work went into this injector to show the previous theory suggested to PG actually working so if this or even Live Arranger mode is implemented at the end of the year it will be worth all the time spent on it and I won't need to spend any more time on it, maybe retire to Hawaii and say Aloha to Tulsi smile

BB-Help-Utils-Menu.png (52.93 KB, 307 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
VERY useful.

Cheers
rayc
Veteran
Veteran
Reaper has a similar injector for Musescore to inject the midi into Reaper (see video below)
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=233412

Musescore 4 Beta and Nightly builds.
https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/musescore-nightlies/

Muse Hub (this runs in the system tray to download sounds and the app)
https://musescore.org/en/node/336003

Just been trying Musescore 4 with the ReWireVST but Musescore is not sending ppqpos, tempo or time signature to the VST, when they get that sorted you will be able to ReWire Musescore to Reaper or other ReWire slaveable apps.

A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
Does anyone know about this one error?

"Biab track injector GUI.lua:153: attempt to call a nil value (field 'BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString')"

latest versions of both reaper and biab, windows 11

Artur
Veteran
Veteran

Install SWS Extensions for:
ReaScript

Added functions:
- BR_GetMidiTakePoolGUID
- BR_GetCurrentTheme
- BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString
- BR_Win32_ShellExecute
- BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString

Also
In Reaper menu Extensions > Reapack > Browse packages.. in Filter paste js_ReaScriptAPI

It just sets Reaper Media > Video to use wmf for wma as priority, the latest version of Reaper my set that as defafult any way
wmf ffmpeg vlc qt:mov,qt,m4v,mp4 dshow:!mov,!mp4,!m4v,!qt

Reaper-Set-Codec-Config.png (58.03 KB, 401 downloads)
Last edited by musocity; 11/07/22 12:55 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Artur VC
..latest versions of both reaper and biab, windows 11

EDIT: It's version 923 not 423
I had 422 running but tried 426 and it did not work.
Use the 423 or 422 as 426 won't allow you to have the Track menu tweak to use the injector.
Just install the 423 and make a copy of bbw64.exe and rename bbw64 - 423.exe and run that without 426 running to use the track injector. Then you can install the latest version but still have the injector version for Reaper to use.

All of this was from many hours of work to show PG how it could be done. It would be a lot easier if a few function were added to Biab to send the tracks/section to Reaper, it would be a lot easier I know than install these tools with Reaper, but until PG do something it's the only way there is at the moment.
I will wait until the end of the year to see if they implement something like this in Biab as Reaper is the most popular DAW by Biab users, or implement direct play/gen in the BiabVST and a Live Arranger mode.
If not I'll put some more work into this and put the track info in an existing menu if they don't have the 2 functions to get the audio and midi track data it uses in a menu.

Last edited by musocity; 11/11/22 02:58 PM.
A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
Thank you, musocity, I'll give it a try... I think Injector is an awsome tool, I cannot wait to get it working.

Artur
A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
Tried ver 423, same result with error message:
"Biab track injector GUI.lua:153: attempt to call a nil value (field 'BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString')"

Artur
Veteran
Veteran
It just sets Reaper Media > Video to use wmf for wma as priority, the latest version of Reaper my set that as default any way

Have a look in Options > Preferences > Media > Video and see if the priority is set with windows media format (wmf) first

if not you can copy the above or just move the wmf to the start.

You can select the injector script then select Edit
go down to line 153 and comment it out by putting -- in front then ctrl+s to save and run
Code:
--reaper.BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString( "reaper", "video_decprio", "wmf ffmpeg vlc qt:mov,qt,m4v,mp4 dshow:!mov,!mp4,!m4v,!qt", inipath )

If it's in red it's means it's not installed (sws)

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Artur VC
Thank you, musocity, I'll give it a try... I think Injector is an awsome tool, I cannot wait to get it working.

Yes it is, you just need to stick with it and you will get it sorted.
It may be a bit scary for some Biab users that are not used to Reaper.
Again, if PG implement this it will work straight out the Box.
Let's see what next month brings.

A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
Hi musocity
Thank you so much for your feedback.
I managed to get the injector runing, with latest SWS and biab installations;
when I try to import the track and I get the following message in the console; I cannot find a way to find the trackdata.txt, is there a methodology to generate it?:

"Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:1316: cannot open file 'C:\bb\Data\trackdata.txt' (No such file or directory)

Stack traceback:
ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in function <...rs\avc5z\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:84>
[C]: in function 'io.input'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:1316: in function 'read_lines2'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:2471: in function 'import_sel_mid_trk_btn_click'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function <...rs\avc5z\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:303>
ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function <...rs\avc5z\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.8
Reaper:
6.69/x64
Platform:
Win64"

Artur
Veteran
Veteran
Did you put the Track menu in the 923 when you went back to it from 926
make sure you are running the right version if running 2 versions rename bbw64 - 923.exe
The selected track in the floating mixer will give you the C:\bb\Data\temp.txt for Audio RT/RD/UT data and trackdata.txt for Midi track data if you have BB installed on C:\

EDIT: It's version 923 not 423

BB-TI-Data-Txt.png (70.6 KB, 361 downloads)
Last edited by musocity; 11/11/22 04:57 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
It's actually version 923 not 423 I listed it as, don't know where I got that from !

A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
When I clic "Track / Get track info", a "Choose a Debug function" window appear, is it intended to work that way?

Track menu.jpg (96.9 KB, 314 downloads)

Artur
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, that's good, Reaper will access it via AutoHotkey to read temp.txt and trackdata.txt that Biab creates from the menu selections. This will read the current Biab audio track sections (temp.txt) or midi track data (trackdata.txt) into the Reaper track.

If these 2 functions were put into Help > Utilities by PG it would save a lot of trouble.

Expert
Expert
I'm installing on Linux trying to interpret the Windows install instructions to suit, but I get an error about which you may be able to advise.
This is as I try to Run "Script: Biab track injector GUI.lua"

T-Inj-Error.jpeg (124.07 KB, 262 downloads)
Last edited by Gordon Scott; 11/29/22 12:54 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
I'm installing on Linux trying to interpret the Windows install instructions to suit, but I get an error about which you may be able to advise.
This is as I try to Run "Script: Biab track injector GUI.lua"

Sorry, Gorden. Would like to help, but over my pay-grade.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musocity

Install SWS Extensions for:
ReaScript

Added functions:
- BR_GetMidiTakePoolGUID
- BR_GetCurrentTheme
- BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString
- BR_Win32_ShellExecute
- BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString

Also

It just sets Reaper Media > Video to use wmf for wma as priority, the latest version of Reaper my set that as defafult any way

See if you have wma option in Linux else you will need to use wav or flac, wv, aiff, mp3, ogg

You will need to change the paths, there is a replace all command in the script editor to replace all occurrences.

Code:
drive = {"C","D","E","F",

filetxt = drive[letter]..[[:\bb\Data\temp.txt]]

reaper.ExecProcess([[cmd.exe /C " cd ]] .. [[C:\\Program Files\\AutoHotkey & AutoHotkey.exe]]..

filetxt2 = drive[letter]..[[:\bb\Data\trackdata.txt]]

EDIT: also what version of Biab are you using ?

Last edited by musocity; 11/29/22 08:41 AM.
Expert
Expert
Hi Musocity,

I didn't get far with this today.
I've dropped all the SWS files in the relevant places in ~/.config/REAPER I'm not sure where to check if the extensions for ReaScript are installed. I'll have to explore. I was able to Install->Apply.

I can import .wma files OK, but have no option to render .wma. I think that's sane enough.

I've still to look at the paths. I'm guessing I can remove the drive part and point at the Linux directory. I'll try that out and let you know what happens. Tomorrow (Thurs) will be a bit busy, so I may not get around to any of this very quickly.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2022 (923)
64 bit application

Expert
Expert
OK, I finally got back to this.

I changed all the path definitions that used drive letters to a literal path, e.g.
Code:
[[\var\BiaB_etc\bb\..whatever..]]

and running the script now open the Biab Track Injector window, which appears fine ... time to explore.

On thing I was uncertain about in this was whether the backslash delimiters in paths would work. It seems they do, so presumably something within LUA(probably) understands that. I did wonder, though, if paths should really be written with forward slashes, which is the more usual convention.

Hmm ... or maybe it does. It's just crashed trying to open \var\BiaB_etc\bb\Data\temp.txt but that may also be because that file actually doesn't exist. I note a number of bits of code that look like they may be doing slash translations.

FWIW it used to be that Windows was perfectly happy 'under the hood' to use forward slashes for file paths. It appeared that only the command line demanded a backslashes for paths and forward slashes for command-line switches. I don't off-hand know if that's still true, but I suspect so.

I started through the "Basics 1" section of the video "Band In A Box Track Injector for Reaper", importing chords form an MGU file. At present going on to they Export chords to Biab, gives the log, but fails to transfer any data. This is, of course, pushing some fairly outrageous tasks though this chain ... running in Reaper for Linux a large script written for Reaper on Windows trying to communicate with a Windows program running in Wine on Linux. What could possibly go wrong :-D

Suspending for a while ... I have some work to do.

Edit: Oh yes, I have not so far tried to do the "Add track menu to Biab".

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 12/03/22 05:29 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
\var\BiaB_etc\bb\Data\temp.txt
yes you need the track menu for that to get Biab to make the txt also for midi data \var\BiaB_etc\bb\Data\trackdata.txt

You copy paste the chords from the log console window to Biab Ctrl+Shift+V or Edit Paste Special. It can be made to do it automatically but this gives more control.
Yes most scripts use / or \\ so they work on Mac to but didn't bother as I don't think I can edit that function on the Mac menu to give the track data ? haven't looked into it, will be easier if PG just give menu function to give these temp trackdata txt like it gives with all drum txt all realtrack txt all styles txt etc..

Expert
Expert
Ah ... copy & paste. Yes, OK. I didn't register that in the video.

Do let me know whether you're OK with me continuing with this as we could be chasing bugs for ages for just me or just us.

Following on in the video I reached only to "Import selected tracks" before getting an error:

Code:
Stack traceback:
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in function </home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ReaTrak_Core.lua:84>
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:1334: in function 'read_lines'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:2694: in function 'gen_cur_track_sec_btn_click'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:2617: in function 'import_sel_trk_btn_click'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:1545: in function 'import_all_chk_tracks_btn_click'
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function </home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ReaTrak_Core.lua:303>
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function </home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ReaTrak_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:
	v2.16.8
Reaper:
	6.71/linux-x86_64
Platform:
	Other

That presumably means that function io.input failed. I had a look in the local scripts for the function itself, but didn't find it.

An aside to this, which may be related; if I try to run the BiaB VST, in Reaper or the BiaB standalone, I get an error dialog that just says "I/O error 103.".

FWIW, I changed the generic paths to use / in case that was an issue, but it appears not. All the windows commands I left with backslashes.

Veteran
Veteran
Not sure why the Plugin is not working as I don't have a linux install to try at the moment.

Do you have the C:\bb\Data\temp.txt trackdata.txt
temp.txt
or for midi track
trackdata.txt

Expert
Expert
Not sure why the Plugin is not working as I don't have a linux install to try at the moment.

Do you have the C:\bb\Data\temp.txt trackdata.txt
temp.txt
or for midi track
trackdata.txt

I did think I'd previously had the plugin working. I'll do some more exploring, maybe I'll find something.

I seem not to have either text file, not in in C:/bb/Data, nor in F:/bb/Data where I'd probably expect it on my setup.

Something I have discovered is that something has gone slightly awry with the Resource Hackered change, because instead of a "Track" menu I have an additional "Help" menu before the real one. I'll explore that tomorrow. I'm pretty I put in the correct text as I still have the text in a file. Maybe I didn't put it in quite the right place or some such. Resource Hacker doesn't seem to offer the data to modify on Wine, so I had to change to Win10, which has long been a nuisance on this machine. :-(

Veteran
Veteran
That track menu was for 923, so edit that menu out first and add another.
This will add as an item in the Help > Utilities so it's out of the way without making a new Main menu item "Track"
In Resource editor in TBANDWINDOW search Tag = 2759
You will see
Code:
        object RunDownloadInstallManagernow1: TMenuItem
          Tag = 2759
          Caption = 'Run Download/Install Manager now...'
          OnClick = RunDownloadInstallManagernow1Click
        end

paste this directly under that item by hitting enter after "end"
Code:
        object TrackMenuItemID1224: TMenuItem
          Tag = 1224
          Caption = 'Get Track Info'
        end

so you have
Code:
        object RunDownloadInstallManagernow1: TMenuItem
          Tag = 2759
          Caption = 'Run Download/Install Manager now...'
          OnClick = RunDownloadInstallManagernow1Click
        end
          Tag = 1224
        end
      end
      object TMenuItem
        Caption = '-'
      end

replace these in the ahk\scripts folder
bb_track_info.ahk
bb_midi_track_info.ahk

Expert
Expert
Hmm,

My Get track Info menu is now in the right place.

When I try to use "Get track info"->"0 Save all ....", I get an message dialog: "Files are written to c:\a\trk"
That path doesn't appear to exist on my setup, which is likely a clue.
I searched the Scripts directories for things that might match that path, but found nothing that looked useful.

FYI, I created empty files temp.txt and trackdata.txt in the likely locations, but they remain untouched.

Expert
Expert
That save path appears embedded in BiaB:

Code:
$ strings -f *.exe | grep 'c:.a.trk' |more
bbw2_32.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw2_64.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw3.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw4_32.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw4_64.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw64.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw64_original.exe: 	c:\a\trk\
bbw.exe: 	c:\a\trk\

It seems to have been in several .exe files since at least 2019.

Veteran
Veteran
"When I try to use "Get track info"->"0 Save all"

it's not 0, it uses 40 for Audio data (temp.txt) and 38 for midi data (trackdata.txt).

...replace these in the ahk\scripts folder
bb_track_info.ahk
bb_midi_track_info.ahk

I corrected the path ahk > ahk\scripts
This is the ahk script that gets BB to make the temp.txt that is in C:\bb\Data or wherever you have it. The ; just comments the line out.
bb_track_info.ahk
Code:
#NoEnv
#SingleInstance Force
;MsgBox, Track Data to Text
Winactivate, ahk_class TBandWindow
WinMenuSelectItem, ahk_class TBandWindow, , Help, Utilities, Get Track Info
Send, 40
Send, +{Tab}
Send, {DOWN}
Send, {ENTER}
Send, {ENTER}
;Sleep, 3000
WinWait, ahk_class NOTEPAD.EXE, temp.txt,3
WinSet, Transparent, 100, ahk_class Notepad
Sleep, 50
;MsgBox, Pause
WinMenuSelectItem, ahk_exe NOTEPAD.EXE, , File, Exit
WinClose, ahk_class NOTEPAD.EXE, temp.txt ;close notepad

Expert
Expert
"When I try to use "Get track info"->"0 Save all"

it's not 0, it uses 40 for Audio data (temp.txt) and 38 for midi data (trackdata.txt).

I think we may have a crossed line there ... I'm refering to the first image below.

...replace these in the ahk\scripts folder
bb_track_info.ahk
bb_midi_track_info.ahk

I've moved them to there, replacing files that existed.

I corrected the path ahk > ahk\scripts
This is the ahk script that gets BB to make the temp.txt that is in C:\bb\Data or wherever you have it. The ; just comments the line out.
bb_track_info.ahk
Code:
#NoEnv
#SingleInstance Force
Send, 40
Send, +{Tab}
Send, {DOWN}
Send, {ENTER}
Send, {ENTER}
;Sleep, 3000
Sleep, 50
;MsgBox, Pause

I think my file is equivalent ... I have a few more commented-out lines:
Code:
#NoEnv
#SingleInstance Force
Send, 40
Send, +{Tab}
Send, {DOWN}
Send, {ENTER}
Send, {ENTER}
;Sleep, 3000
;Winactivate, ahk_class NOTEPAD.EXE, temp.txt
Sleep, 50
;MsgBox, Pause

;Winactivate, ahk_class TBandWindow
;WinMinimize, ahk_class TBandWindow

At present I still get the same write path.

0-Save-all.jpeg (96.87 KB, 305 downloads)
FilesWritten.jpeg (11.5 KB, 304 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
Send, 40

BB23-Function-40.png (11.53 KB, 298 downloads)
BB23-Function-40-Set.png (4.74 KB, 298 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
To check that Autohotkey is running the script and sending, put a pause in it, if it sends 40 then it should work, so then take the MsgBox line out and try again.

Code:
Code:

#NoEnv
#SingleInstance Force
Send, 40
MsgBox, Paused

It would be good if you get it all working on Linux.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2kRlouBtpc

Last edited by musocity; 12/06/22 04:20 PM.
Expert
Expert
I've eliminated a few things, but still get the, (like RTs with no notation) but still get the fail. I'm increasingly thinking that it's a failure to run AutoHotKey properly.

If I comment out import_sel_mid_trk_btn_click() it doesn't crash.

I've tried several variations on a theme of running AutoHotKey, but I'm very unclear at present which is the culprit.
At line 37 in "Biab track injector GUI.lua" I have enabled the Msg and appended another thus:
Code:
Msg("script_path "..script_path)
Msg([["/bin/sh -c cd ']] .. [[~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/AutoHotkey'; ./AutoHotkey.exe]]..[[ ']]..script_path..[[ahk/scripts/Select track number.ahk'"]],0) 		-- GLS

Which gives a console output:
Code:
script_path /home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/
"/bin/sh -c cd '~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/AutoHotkey'; ./AutoHotkey.exe '/home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ahk/scripts/Select track number.ahk'"

which looks sane but may very well not be.

Some earlier things I'd tried that may give clues where I can debug...
I deleted the temp.txt file and ran the track import again.

I have a MsgBox at the line you suggested and also enabled to one right at the start. I don't get either dialog, which implies I'm not even getting to the code in biab_track_info.ahk

temp.txt has not been created.

This is the console output:
Code:
Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:1334: cannot open file '/var/BiaB_etc/bb/Data/temp.txt' (No such file or directory)

Stack traceback:
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in function </home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ReaTrak_Core.lua:84>
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:1334: in function 'read_lines'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:2694: in function 'gen_cur_track_sec_btn_click'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:1545: in function 'import_all_chk_tracks_btn_click'
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function </home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ReaTrak_Core.lua:303>
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function </home/gordon/.config/REAPER/Scripts/ReaTrak_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:this is the console output
	v2.16.8
Reaper:
	6.71/linux-x86_64
Platform:
	Other

If generate an apparently sensible temp.txt file from BiaB, so that something does exist and then try to import tracks, this is the console output:
Code:
Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:2485: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value (global 'ppq_set')

Stack traceback:
	ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in metamethod '__div'
	Biab track injector GUI.lua:2485: in function 'import_sel_mid_trk_btn_click'

Lokasenna_GUI:
	v2.16.8
Reaper:
	6.71/linux-x86_64
Platform:
	Other

The "Attempt to perform arithmetic..." error suggests a further problem where perhaps the code and a field type don't match as they should?

If it's useful, a temp.txt I generated is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkj43q0fs564yai/temp.txt?dl=0

Expert
Expert
BTW, I wonder if we should continue this out of the thread as most BiaB users won't be interested it. If you presently don't have a Linux system, I may be the only person on the planet trying to do this.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I have been wondering that for a while. I do Linux but I don't do REAPER. Might be more of an an off-topic thread or private. No worries either way.

...Deb

Veteran
Veteran
Yes just PM.

Veteran
Veteran
The Track Injector was made to show how quick things can work rather than waiting for renders. This was a bit complex for most users not too familiar with Reaper to implement.
I simplified this into one script to make things easier:

This is just one script to get Biab tracks instantly into REAPER.
Download: Insert new track import bb temp txt data.zip

Watch Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsob90idrig2e2u/Biab-Track-Transfer-Reper.mp4?dl=0

If PG put the BBoutput.txt in C:\bb\Data this will contain all the track data for all current tracks so all tracks could be transferred with one click this will then work on Mac also:

Zoom++

Also:
Inject BBPlugin Tracks into REAPER (Simple Script)

Zoom++

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
When I try to import from Biab to Reaper selected Mixer Track (or what ever other actions) I get following error messages:

==================================
Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:1335: cannot open file 'C:\bb\Data\temp.txt' (No such file or directory
Stack traceback:
ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in function <...o Talvio\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:84>
Biab track injector GUI.lua:1335: in function 'read_lines'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:2693: in function 'gen_cur_track_sec_btn_click'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function <...o Talvio\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:303>
ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function <...o Talvio\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.8
Reaper:
6.80/x64
Platform:
Win64
-----------------------------------------------------

What I can do? Can somebody help smile?

Veteran
Veteran
Have you got AutoHotkey installed along with the scripts.
Is AutoHotket set to Run As Administrator.
Did you edit the menu in bbw64.exe so Reaper can access the Biab commands.
Are you using Biab ver up to 1003

So when you click "Import Selected Mixer Track" in the Reaper Injector GUI
it will run bb_track_info.ahk that will access the Biab menu >
Help, Utilities, Get Track Info
this will write the C:\bb\Data\temp.txt with the track data that Reaper will import.

Last edited by musocity; 06/21/23 12:30 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
This is what you should get, you should see notepad popup then close, I have it set to import wav as I have the Audiophile version:
this is the temp.txt for 388 Bass in C:\bb\RealTracks
right click Save Link/Target As
Bass temp.txt
out it in C:\bb\Data\ then try, if that works ok when you click Import Selected Track then it's just not accessing the Biab menu.

Last edited by musocity; 06/21/23 01:47 PM.
T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
>> Have you got AutoHotkey installed along with the scripts.
I have installed version AutoHotkey_1.1.36.02_setup. I don't understand what you mean by "along with the scripts"

>> Is AutoHotket set to Run As Administrator.
Yes it is.

>> Did you edit the menu in bbw64.exe so Reaper can access the Biab commands.
Yes by this commands:

object Track: TMenuItem
Caption = 'T&rack'
Tag = 1224
end
end

>> Are you using Biab ver up to 1003
My Biab version is 1011 (Audiophile). I noticed that if I open bbw64.exe after compile, save and close the Resource Hacker window again nothing has been changed?? Might there be in new Resource Hacker session the text above ( object Track: ... end)?

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
>> This is what you should get, you should see notepad popup then close
I can't see this at all

>> I have it set to import wav as I have the Audiophile version
I have Audiophile version 1011 also. Where I can set to import wav??

When I try to "Import Selected Mixer Track" I get following error message:

-----------------------------------
Oops

Biab track injector GUI.lua has Crashed!
Would you like to have a crash report printed to the Reaper console? Yes/ No
-----------------------------------

Error: Biab track injector GUI.lua:1335: cannot open file 'C:\bb\Data\temp.txt' (No such file or directory)

Stack traceback:
ReaTrak_Core.lua:93: in function <...o Talvio\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:84>
Biab track injector GUI.lua:1335: in function 'read_lines'
Biab track injector GUI.lua:2693: in function 'gen_cur_track_sec_btn_click'
ReaTrak_Core.lua:307: in function <...o Talvio\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:303>
ReaTrak_Core.lua:303: in function <...o Talvio\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTrak_Core.lua:302>

Lokasenna_GUI:
v2.16.8
Reaper:
6.80/x64
Platform:
Win64

Veteran
Veteran
You need to run 1003 or earlier for the menu to work.
Even a 2022 version will open a frozen SGU of 2023 you can run an old version along side the current just to use track injector.
This way you will get the exact same track sections in Reaper as in Biab, you can even convert the track to DI or from DI.

That temp.txt is set to look for the tracks on C:\
it's good you are using Audiophile, just edit the temp.txt all Replace all C:\ with your drive letter for Audiophile eg: F:\

Veteran
Veteran
For those that don't have the Audiophile you just select wma in the settings.
You can also batch convert your RealTracks & Drums to any format you want to use in Reaper, so you will have original wma or wav and also FLAC WavePack MP3 OGG M4A AIFF etc...
You can have a frozen SGU with 255 bars and the tracks will be injected into Reaper instantly without Biab even having to generate them up into RAM.
If you have a 255 bar Biab song with Util tracks it can take a very long time to generate up then render but with the track injector you don't need to as they are instantly in Reaper.
Any section of track in Reaper can be replaced at any time giving total user control of a song build being able to replace FX RT's with DI RT's or vice versa keeping the same notes.
The tracks are fitted to any decimal changing tempo map allowing you to easily add extra instrument tracks/sections to a live recorded session.

Zoom ++

Veteran
Veteran
Here is a very simple way, these are 2 simple Reaper scripts that will import selected Biab mixer tracks directly into Reaper instantly.
Insert new track import bb temp txt data.zip
Import bb temp txt data section to selected track.zip
To insert new section of track into Reaper, delete the section you don't like then in Biab on an empty track use Alt+F8 to generate up the RT section you need then run the script to transfer to selected track in Reaper.
This allows you to change any section you like as you don't have a consolidated wav file, it uses your source wma or wav files.
**DON'T use the "move" option when saving in Reaper, it will load the files direct from the RealTracks and RealDrums folders same as Biab will do.
If you open a frozen SGU in Biab it will import the tracks without having to generate them up first.

Zoom++

S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
S
Just spent several hours following the install instructions to the letter for both the injector and the two scripts recently posted in this thread. No joy. Much frustration. But alas, it's more complicated than I was hoping for. Having to run AutoKey in "no-UAC" mode is a show stopper for this security conscious musician.

That said, I don't easily give up but I have run out of time and patience in trying to get this to work, let alone have it be something that makes my workstream easier, faster, etcetera. While I can appreciate that dragging and dropping RealTracks from BIAB to Reaper has limitations, I personally don't mind waiting the few seconds it takes to generate a track.

The main issue I had was decimal point tempos, and was hoping the injector could improve upon my process. Specifically: how to get a RealTrack generated at 90bpm in BIAB to play in Reaper at the 90.8 tempo my project is set for? The answer is Real Band. BIAB doesn't allow decimal point tempos, but Real Band does. This means I'm setting up tracks in BIAB, then open the SGU in RealBand, and RealBand will put the 90bpm tracks at 90.8 after which you then drag and drop from Real Band to Reaper. I'm waiting on average 3 or 5 seconds for RealBand to adjust the tracks to the decimal tempos and then I am good to go.

In summary, this injector is a fantastic idea and it would really give us users a great deal of control creatively without having to change the underlying architecture. Autokey, SWS, editing scripts, and compiling executables ain't for the faint of heart or the non-technical musician, at least not this one.

Thanks for letting me share.

Bruce Hook - Soprano, Alto and Tenor Saxes
BIAB 2023 UltraPak | Intel i7 | Mackie ProFX10v3 Audio Interface | 1TB SSD | Reaper DAW
| Akai EWI 5000 | M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
In summary, this injector is a fantastic idea and it would really give us users a great deal of control creatively without having to change the underlying architecture.

It would all just work so easy to give users this ease of use, I have asked PG to write the track data for all tracks by default to to C:bb\Data as a text file each time Biab generates to save having to hack into menus just to get what you need, BUT PG have blocked this from working in newer versions and have even blocked the BBoutput.txt in the BBPlugin from working to give track section data to allow users to import the track data direct to Reaper as wma or wav, this is craziness as I went to so much trouble creating something to give Biab users a quantum leap in total control of creativity that I have been looking for 14 years for.
Reaper implemented wma to be played from disk and this works really well, and PG are the ONLY company to use WMA for this whole purpose.
PG don't seem to want to give this control and creativity to Biab users, they would rather users wait for Biab to take ages rendering to a consolidated wav. I can't work out why Biab has to be behind rather than out front leading the way ?
The whole idea of Reaper like it's predecessor WinAmp is to give control to the users and not wait for years and years and years for something to be implemented like PG do, then they get it wrong because they don't listen and we have to wait yet another year in hopes that it will be fixed, users actually die waiting.

I have been at this for 14 years (I could be next) because when I first used Biab/RB back then to add tracks to artist recorded sessions it was the most frustrating piece of software to get what you needed. It has been such an incredibly slow year in year out process to try and get it there. I know PG hate me saying the obvious and usually delete these post rather than acting on constructive criticism and understanding that I have stayed the long haul.
Maybe it's a slow drip-sell thing so that it keeps users coming back every year to buy Biab again for drip feed features rather than buying it for the great new content added each year ! it's a creativity killer frown

This is all got too much so what I'm thinking about looking into now is having Reaper access a server that will give all the txt track data to the user from Reaper chords or SGU they upload, all the tracks or sections will just go instantly into Reaper from the user's source RT RD tracks.

Veteran
Veteran

This is all got too much so what I'm thinking about looking into now is having Reaper access a server that will give all the txt track data to the user from Reaper chords or SGU they upload, all the tracks or sections will just go instantly into Reaper from the user's source RT RD tracks.

That reads like a cool thing.
Lots of work, lots of time & lots of frustration for you but you're doing excellent work.

Last edited by rayc; 06/26/23 12:42 PM.

Cheers
rayc
Veteran
Veteran
15 years ago RealBand should of been Reaper Track Injector as I would not be here now half dead from it all.
I know they have said they have big plans for RealBand but I just have a felling they will go off half cocked with it.
Whereas with Track Injector for Reaper you get instant tracks in a quality DAW.
The main issue users have with Track Injector you have to hack into the menu and use AutoHotkey to get what you need. If Biab had track data text file Reaper would read that direct and get the tracks even faster without having to get Biab to write the track data for 1 track it will already have the track data for all current tracks as C:\bb\Data\BBoutput.txt.

This could not possibly cause any problems but sell more Biab or Audiophiles packages to Reaper users, and how many Reaper users are there compared to Biab or other DAW's users ??. Long term Biab users will still be able to render down to consolidated wav files and drag into their DAW but those that want total instant creative control will use Reaper direct.

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
I refer this reply to text:
>Here is a very simple way, these are 2 simple Reaper scripts that will import selected Biab mixer >tracks directly into Reaper instantly.
>Insert new track import bb temp txt data.zip
>Import bb temp txt data section to selected track.zip

I would like to ask if the text in script ReadMe.txt file is valid:
>This works with Band in a Box 2022 to 2023 version 1003
>You can still use your newer version to build the song up,
>rename the get Track Info version bbw64 - 927.exe or bbw64 - 1003.exe

If feel this is guite remarkable restriction if one can not update Biab to have plenty of bugs corrected.

I don't understand at all what you mean by

Would you like to explain in detail what I have to do to follow

That will be creat to have this feature because by partial regeneration in 2023 (that not works if one use multiple style in same song on version 1011) one can do all modifications on Biab side and then transfer wav files to Reaper.

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
I refer this reply to text:
>Here is a very simple way, these are 2 simple Reaper scripts that will import selected Biab mixer >tracks directly into Reaper instantly.
>Insert new track import bb temp txt data.zip
>Import bb temp txt data section to selected track.zip

I would like to ask if the text in script ReadMe.txt file is valid:
>This works with Band in a Box 2022 to 2023 version 1003

I feel this is guite remarkable restriction if one can not update Biab to have plenty of bugs corrected.

I don't understand at all what you mean by

Would you like to explain in detail what I have to do to follow

That will be creat to have this feature because by partial regeneration in 2023 (that not works if one use multiple style in same song on version 1011) one can do all modifications on Biab side and then transfer wav files to Reaper.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I feel this is quite remarkable restriction if one can not update Biab to have plenty of bugs corrected.

Go here BBoutput.txt and +1

Use bbw64.exe version 1010+ to work on my_new_song.SGU
Freeze my_new_song.SGU and Save
Close bbw4.exe

Open my_new_song.SGU with bbw64 - 1003.exe
transfer tracks to Reaper

You can use Alt+F8 in 1003 to create section for Reaper tracks

Zoom++

Veteran
Veteran
If you had BBoutput.txt in C:\bb\Data
this would have all the track data for every current track in Biab
when I run the Reaper script it will read BBoutput.txt and INSTANTLY import all the tracks !
I could have another script that could choose what tracks to import or to update any track instantly with new sections or new track.

This way ANYONE could use the track injector with zero hacking and NO AutoHotkey needed.
NO waiting to render consolidated wav files.
It could also import the midi data directly.

Zoom++

Veteran
Veteran
Having the BBoutput.txt will allow this then to work on Mac also.

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
I am so sorry that I can't follow your fine expalnations for my last reply but if we concentrate your last post

------------------------------
>If you had BBoutput.txt in C:\bb\Data
>this would have all the track data for every current track in Biab
>when I run the Reaper script it will read BBoutput.txt and INSTANTLY import all the tracks !
>I could have another script that could choose what tracks to import or to update any track instantly with new sections or new track.

>This way ANYONE could use the track injector with zero hacking and NO AutoHotkey needed.
>NO waiting to render consolidated wav files.
>t could also import the midi data directly.
-------------------------------

Would you like to explain step by step (without any references to other posts) what I have to do to get wav-tracks from Biab to Reaper easy way (of course drag and drop is one possible way) as you explained above. I would like to use always latest version of Biab (Audiophile) and Reaper and not use any old version concurrently with latest version of software. Sibelius is my most important enviroment enhanced by many contact libararies working with Reaper. Biab is nice to have for bacis band instrument on background.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I would like to use always latest version of Biab (Audiophile) and Reaper and not use any old version concurrently with latest version of software.

PG said you are not allowed to use the latest version of Biab, you are only allowed to use version 1003.

Using Script: Biab track injector GUI 2.lua

Run bbw64.exe

create your song

Freeze all tracks

Save song

Close bbw64.exe (or leave open but minimize)

Run bbw64 - 1003.exe

Open saved song SGU

Run Reaper

Run Script: Biab track injector GUI 2.lua

Select a Track in Biab Mixer

In Biab track injector GUI select Settings Tab > Set File Type to "wav"

In Biab track injector GUI press "Import Selected Mixer Track"

You can also have version 1003 and 1010 running at the same time,
if you are working in Biab 1010 freeze tracks then save,
now open song in Biab 1003 and minimize 1010
now you can transfer tracks without having to generate in 1003

See 1010 & 1003 Video

You can also use the Rewire Plugin:
Rewire Plugin Video

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
Thank you very much. I will try this later today. How I can install two version of Biab? Is it so easy as to select two different path for two versions? Why PG will not allow us to use latest version with this customizations???

Veteran
Veteran
You can install 2 versions by
installing an older version
then make a copy of bbw64.exe
then rename the copy to bbw64 - 1003.exe
now install the latest version.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Why PG will not allow us to use latest version with this customizations???

???? I don't know, they might just want you to only drag consolidated wav files into Reaper to make it hard and frustrating rather than easy after 15 years.
They think they may have good ideas but they don't give it much thought and look to see how modern software works to make things easy for the user not hard and frustrating.

You have the BBPlugin that will hopefully be made to play/generate files direct soon but there are many users that want all the features and function of the main Biab app.
I have spent so many years showing PG how to make things much better but it's has been an incredibly slow process year in year out try to bring them into the modern age. There is so much resistance.

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
I did everything according to you clear list. I get the following info:

1) First notepad opens with different column header and in the end of files is written "Guitar 1 track has empty WAV instructions".
2) Next small dialog opens: "No RT List, In RT Piccker select Copy List"

In laptop every realtrack files are in wma form.

What I should do next?

Last edited by TTa59; 07/03/23 02:12 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
Generate track first

then

then

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
Thank you very much! Now I can transfer the track from Biab to Reaper. I will also go through other options in main menu. Without your help it has been impossible to get things working.

Veteran
Veteran
"Thank you very much! Now I can transfer the track from Biab to Reaper. "

Hallelujah !

I am glad you stuck with it and got it all working, now things will be so easy because you put in a bit of hard work and determination.

To stop Notepad popping up in the way each time, open any text file, make the window small and move most it off the screen then save the text file and close.
So next time it will open in a small window off to the side out of the way.

Just as TTa59 stuck with it and was determined to get it working, so to should PG step out of their comfort zone and make some quantum leaps.

It would be good if PG allowed this to work easy without users having to go through this process, of hacking menus and AutoHotkey, PLEASE.
I pray to God they see the light and the prosper into what Biab should be, an industry standard GOTO for any studio big or small.
AMEN.

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
It's true and I agree that your view and ideas can accelerate the song making process in Reaper very much. Thank you very much that you have delivered the code for us to use it free. I am just starting to do arrangements for our next cospel recordings. The time schedule for your help is perfect. I am so happy.

I understand why PG is worried if the development is too Reaper orintated (only one Daw) but locking some important ports for free coding is strange because ports are open for every other Daw's also. I hope we find good solution and agreement on this issues as soon as possible.

I have tested Plugin according to summary video of Biab Track Injector and I have noticed following issues:
1) "Import All Selected Tracks" imports always same track (many times) which has selected from mixer. It works proper way only if one track has selected from "Biab Track Injector". If I mark five tracks by blue icon I get five times the track which has been selected from mixer with midi data. At the end Biab dialog disappears and can't use anymore.
2) "Generate Current Track Section Custom" tab will jam up "Biab Track Injector" dialog and Reaper. Nothing happens. Have to restart Reaper.
3) "Generate Current Track Section" tab will jam up "Biab Track Injector" dialog and Reaper. Nothing happens. Have to restart Reaper.
4)”Set BB to Blank Style” on ”Style”-sub page of ”Biab Track Injector” will show the pop up dialog:
”An older instance of this script is already running. Replace it with this instance? Note: To avoid this message, see #Singleinstance in the help file.” I answer Yes => Style sub dialog will jam up "Biab Track Injector" dialog and Reaper. Nothing happens. Have to restart Reaper.
5) When I press Random Tab of different instruments => all instruments are situated on third track of Biab’s mixer (overrides each other)
Some questions:
1) How the ”Insert Region” works?
2) When ”Timebase” and ”Track Options” might use?
3) Alla tracks tranfered from Biab to Reaper are divided parts according to chord division of song? That is evidently brilliant idea. Why this has done this way? Of cource the tracks can be glued in Reaperi ff needed?

Last edited by TTa59; 07/05/23 04:50 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
Yes I just noticed that when using 2023 as it was made for Biab 2022 and some dialogs and menus have changed so I'm just going through it at the moment to update the AHK scripts for 2023. Will upload the update when done.
In Reaper when you Save a project just remember NOT to use the "Move" source files option.

If Reaper is not responding just close the "H" in the System Try to close the AHK script, if not go to Task Manager and end task Autohotkey.exe.

1) How the ”Insert Region” works?
where you have the cursor on Reaper time line it will insert a region

2) When ”Timebase” and ”Track Options” might use?
This will set these option in the RealTrack Picker.

3) Alla tracks tranfered from Biab to Reaper are divided parts according to chord division of song? That is evidently brilliant idea. Why this has done this way? Of cource the tracks can be glued in Reaper if needed?
Yes all sections are in chord sections from the source files. The solo instruments are in the key so these can easily be adjust because you can lengthen them to add more notes or shorten, this gives a lot more creative control. Same with drum sections you can easily make them just how you like and then create the same drum stems from thoes sections arrangement. PG just need to still add the shots, holds & pushes to the stem source files that have been forgotten. With User Tracks you can manually add the shots & holds that are missing as a lot of the User Tracks I made with them because I thought PG would fix the issue but they have never got around to it.

As I said if RealBand worked the same way as Reaper 15 years ago we would not need all this. They plan to do some things with RealBand after showing Reaper working so well but I don't think it will be much (I could be wrong but it would need a lot of work) as it should of been a crossplatform language from the start like JUCE so you would get a Mac version at the same time as Win.
Where as giving the BBoutput.txt will give Reaper users on Mac the same Injector.
The only thing it would do is sell more Biab packages to Reaper users on Win and Mac as Reaper being one of the most popular DAWs. Studio One has scripting but only works with wav and not wma.

Zoom++ This is how RealBand should of worked from the start. If it worked like this 15 years ago I would not have been here now for all these years frown

You have the internal code to generate RealDrums in PT rather than using bbw2 in the background, if you had the RealTrack code also and non destructive editing.

Biab wav track sections Studio One

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
I managed to kill AutoHotkey session by closing the "H" in the System Try. Thank you for explanations for my questions. I am waiting your info of upload upgrade for Biab Track Injector. Thank you very much.

Veteran
Veteran
If you can't exit the Autohotkey script in the system tray go to Task Manager and end task Autohotkey.exe

Biab-track-injector-GUI-1003.zip
Because you already have the ReaTrak GUI elements you should only have to copy the ahk2 folder and Biab track injector GUI 1003.lua then install the new script and run it.
I think I got most issue sorted, just give it a try as things may need to be tweaked if not working.

Video: BB23-Injector-1003-Random-Style-Creator.gif
Video: BB23-Injector-1003-Generate-Section.gif

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
Thank you fast reply. I come back as soon as possible smile.

Veteran
Veteran
A simple way of transferring a track is select it then run bb_track_info.ahk
then run one of the Reaper scripts from the post above
Insert new track import bb temp txt data.lua
or
Import bb temp txt data section to selected track.lua

Zoom++

Veteran
Veteran
Any Instrument that also has a DI source can be changed instantly from FX > DI and DI > FX keeping the same notation.

Zoom ++

Veteran
Veteran
If I want to change an instrument on the same track like another soloist or a different guitar pattern I can mark it with take markers so I can see instantly where a change occurs:

Zoom++

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
I have tested "Biab-track-injector-GUI-1003" according to summary video of Biab Track Injector and I have noticed following issues:
1) "Import All Selected Tracks" sometimes jam up the process. If "H" is killed the process continues and result is evidently correct. Very harmful is that Biab dialog has disappeared after process is finalished. I don't know how to refress the dialog to see it again. Also If many styles and utility tracks have been used in Biab the final result is unsure.
2) "Generate Current Track Section Custom": If first generate tracks by "Import All Selected Tracks" and after this try to "Generate Current Track Section Custom" the result is whery unstabile or process will jam up depending what have been done before. Sorry but I can't explain more clear way what can happen.
3) "Generate Current Track Section" will behaviour wrong way if many different styles have been used on Biab (which is more than normal in my case). Wrong instrument will be selected to section which have been selected to be modified.
4) What might commands ”Set BB to Blank Style”, BB - , BBmix - ,BBmix, to do? Only first one select style "BLANK.STY "
5) When I press Random Tab of different instruments and many styles are used in Biab the result is unsure? I am not sure if I use this part of program right way.

I hope that you can utilize this test info to develope the program further.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TTa59

1) "Import All Selected Tracks" sometimes jam up the process. If "H" is killed the process continues and result is evidently correct. Very harmful is that Biab dialog has disappeared after process is finalished. I don't know how to refress the dialog to see it again. Also If many styles and utility tracks have been used in Biab the final result is unsure.
It was minimizing Biab, I took that out of the script. You can edit the .ahk scripts in notepad most of the time they just need a longer delay
Sleep, 100 > Sleep, 300
You can do everything you need with just a few buttons, so you can manually select a track in Biab Mixer then click an Import button
see button pic below.

2) "Generate Current Track Section Custom": If first generate tracks by "Import All Selected Tracks" and after this try to "Generate Current Track Section Custom" the result is whery unstabile or process will jam up depending what have been done before. Sorry but I can't explain more clear way what can happen.
You can do this manually and use Alt+F8 in Biab, this was added this year to make things a lot easier.
3) "Generate Current Track Section" will behaviour wrong way if many different styles have been used on Biab (which is more than normal in my case). Wrong instrument will be selected to section which have been selected to be modified.
The script will read the RT number of the instrument in the Reaper track name then select that from the list, you can do this manually also with Alt+F8 in Biab.
4) What might commands ”Set BB to Blank Style”, BB - , BBmix - ,BBmix, to do? Only first one select style "BLANK.STY "
BB- BBMix- will minimize/maximize Biab or Mixer, you can use BLANK.STY to create new style using random chosen instruments.
5) When I press Random Tab of different instruments and many styles are used in Biab the result is unsure? I am not sure if I use this part of program right way.
The Random will randomly choose an RT or RD by Feel, Time Signature and tempo from C:\bb\Data\RealTracksList.txt

You really only need to use these Buttons and Alt+F8 in Biab to do all things, this was one of the best features added as you can leave the window open and still do everything giving you more control, the other things were just experimental. I have updated the scripts again but I think you are best to stick to these buttons. You can use Set Riff Range to Time Selection if you are using F8 dialog to set Biab to Reaper time selection:

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
Thanks for fast reply and updates. I noticed also that I can use F8, Ctrl+F8 and Alt+F8 concurrently with "Biab-track-injector-GUI-1003" script. That's absolutely fine. Based your great help and software I can now speed up my song writing process remarkable. It is much more convenient to carry out.

I have discussed with PG support why partial regeneration destroys all info from track but not that part which have been selected to regenerate if many styles have been used in song. They have asked me explain that many times more and more but I feel that PG still not understood what's is going on. Good medication for that is use "Import riff to track section" and change the process more on Reaper side.

Thank you very much of your help and have a great music!

Veteran
Veteran
"Based your great help and software I can now speed up my song writing process remarkable. It is much more convenient to carry out."

Thanks, I never had this 14 years ago when I was creating up tracks for artist, all I had was stress frown but the RealTracks were great and just needed a users friendly frustration free way of getting what you want quickly.

You can put different riffs on different tracks, each riff audio item can be made longer to give more notes or different sections of different riffs piece together on another track easily without a consolidated wav.

In the long run hopefully the BBPlugin/BBPlugin Standalone will be able to do all of this, be released at the same time for Win and Mac with crossplatform audio in crossplatform installers.
We still need the BBputput.txt for Reaper Win/Mac and to transfer the exact same tracks and sections from Biab main to BBlugin or RealBand.

24bit 48k source audio and RealTimeSignatures !!

PG will then be in the modern age leading the way with an industry standard goto for any studio big or small.

Rather than just:
Quote:
"Band In A Box, "old program for old people""

Veteran
Veteran

J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
hi, my BIAB 2023 is Version 2023 (1011). Does it mean I cannot use this injector?

The reason is I was able to install and open the injector, but it has always crashed and Reaper automatically shut down.

Thanks for your help.

Veteran
Veteran
You need 1003, you can run it alongside 1011 just rename it bbw64-1003.exe
Biab-1003-Basic-Scripts.zip
Try it with these 2 basic scripts first, one is an Autohotkey script and the other a Reaper.
Select a track in the Biab 1003 Mixer then run bb_track_info.ahk (make sure Autohotkey.exe is set to run as administrator if Biab is set to that)
Run Insert new track import bb temp txt data.lua ( this is set to look in filetxt = [[C:\bb\Data\temp.txt]] you can change in script if your bb folder is not on C:)
I'm working on an easy way to do it all at the moment but you can try this for now.

Veteran
Veteran
You can try this with Reaper if you just work in the main Biab program only and tired of dragging files over all the time.
This is just 1 Reaper script that works on any version of Biab frozen SGU/MGU, no modifications needed.
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums.zip

Just simply open a frozen SGU/MGU to instantly import the tracks into Reaper.
If you don't have the peak files already it will have to build them but once you have the reapeaks files it will be instant.
You can use Script: Create reapeaks in folder.lua

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

This will import new sections: Import single frozen track or section SGU MGU to selected track.lua (included with script above).

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,620
Posts735,174
Members38,517
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185