You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#716046 - 05/08/22 07:31 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Expand drum features of realband.
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

Subject. Expand drum features in realband. A wish.

BACKGROUND.

A lot of us , myself included cant afford fancy drum plug ins and expansion packs etc etc.
It can get very expensive. AND given that pg has recorded oodles of real drum tracks, heres some ideas. And i would propose that the following would attract more users to pg and rb.

One of the big hassles in a studio is getting drums down. Twas always thus.
Therefore i suggest expanding rb by an added 12 ‘special traks for drums’.
So 60 traks total. Given pc’s are now getting soo powerful i see no problem.

Lets look at the features of each drum trak.

FEATURES OF EACH TRAK.

..each trak could be audio or midi.
..each trak would ONLY contain ONE INSTRUMENT/sound. In the case of midi say a rb genned kick trak or whatever midi drum user chooses. In the case of audio rb genned kik or whatever drum trak. Eg kik or snare or whatever. A single drum sample. I stress no interspersing of various different samples. Each trak would be one audio or one midi drum TYPE.
Even percussion. Each trak would only have one type of percussion.
..if a chord sheet existed , then the genre of the 12 drum traks would follow the chord sheet style selected. Eg chord sheet is a jazz or rok or whatever style then the 12 traks genned would follow that style/tempo obviously. BUT if no chord sheet, maybe user just wants drum traks then there would an ‘override’ so user could build custom drum traks using individual rd drum sounds…or midi drums.
..as an option lets say a user wants to override a pg drum type with their own , they could STILL plug in a trigger plug in or a sample plug in to override. Eg lets say i dont like the rb genned sound of the crash cymbal…just use a plug in. …vst new crash cymbal.
..heres a neat idea. Lots of users might create their own samples in a studio or on their home drum kit. THUS an added feature on each drum trak would be to allow override on each drum trak. Let me explain. Lets say i like the sound of my wifey clanking a spoon...on a water glass.....lol..then i can replace the drum sound on that trak with a clanking spoon..ie file open over trak select sound etc…then press gen and a spoons trak gets genned.
The WHOLE CONCEPT being a complete flexible drum trak creation/generation environment.
Please note, a part or whole trak can be regenerated…and finally…
..a very interesting drum fills feature to replace the way bar markers are used currently.
Which, is kinda a fudge. I havent completely thought this out yet, but the idea would be to put fills anywhere one wanted…maybe using the top time line in traks view. Ie put a F wherever you want a fill.
..maybe another idea might to provide 12 cels in a display whereby users could load up to 12 drum samples…one in each cel…then the user would press the gen button and rb creates a drum trak for each of the 12. Different each time gen button was pressed. Either following (with overrides) the style/tempo selected , or not.

Well thats it for me. Other pg users please contribute your own feature ideas.
the overall idea being a very flexible drum trak creation environment. similar how i might have recorded drums in the past in a big studio. eg a drum trak on a 2 inch 24 trak for each seperate drum sound type.

all i want for realband is a looong product life, and i see so many possibilities to broaden rb's appeal.

best/happiness
oldmuso (who isnt a drummer..lol.)

Edited by justanoldmuso (05/08/22 07:58 AM)

#716137 - 05/08/22 07:31 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Expand drum features of realband. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Sydney NSW
Keith44 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sydney NSW
but the idea would be to put fills anywhere one wanted[u][/u]

This makes allot of sense to me, like a type (a) fill in a type (b) section without changing the type (b) pattern.

Keith

Edited by Keith44 (05/08/22 07:34 PM)

PG Music News
Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

Getting together and playing music and writing songs is a wonderful way to spend some free time!

Recently, a few of our Forum members did just that... and they made a video to prove it!

Check out what Charlie Fogle, Eddie, Herb, Pat Marr, David Snyder got up to - and how they did it: Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

...hopefully it inspires you to keep the fun in making music!

How to: Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®

Starting with a RealStyle in Band-in-a-Box®, and want to make one of your tracks a MIDI track? See how this is done using the MIDI Track Picker dialog with our video How to Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Band-in-a-Box® Tuba RealTracks

Today (May 6) is International Tuba Day!

Celebrate your love for the Tuba today - add one of our Tuba RealTracks (available in Sets 143, 162, and 248) played by either Brad Muirhead or Philip Santner.

Already have a Band-in-a-Box® song with a Tuba? Share it here!

How to: Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Looking for a specific RealTrack for your song? See how easy it is to search by keyword or file name when you watch our latest video, How to Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Great news! We've released a free update that enhances many of the MIDI features and Drum Stems tracks, updates the program manual and documentation, and resolves a few user reported issues.

This free update includes additional enhancements to the DAW Plugin, and updates it to version 4.5.33.

Make sure you download this free update today!

Learn more...

How to: Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to the PG Music Forums

The PG Music Forums is packed with an incredibly active community, always happy to discuss and share Band-in-a-Box tips, help with any questions other users have, and of course share their songs!

Want to know how to add a screenshot to your forum post? Follow the steps in our helpful video tutorial.

Band-in-a-Box® Utility Tracks User Tip

#TipTuesday

Utility Tracks were added to Band-in-a-Box® with version 2021. With this feature, there are now 16 editable Utility tracks in Band-in-a-Box®, which can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks, RealDrums, MIDI tracks, and you can even record or import existing Audio or MIDI files to these tracks!

See how forum user justanoldmuso utilizes this feature to streamline their workflow with their recent post, Side benefit of biab added utility tracks.

Forum Stats
36037 Members
64 Forums
74392 Topics
652809 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
cornbread, ivova61, revnev, robertjohn5814, crm88

36037 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 131
MarioD 120