Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#716931 05/14/22 09:28 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I wrote this one mostly just for fun. My Uncle is getting older now and told me that he wants me to speak at his funeral when the time comes. That's something I've never done before. I teased him that when the time does come, we're not going to just have a funeral, but we'll have something they're now calling a "celebration of life", with balloons and music, and that I intended to put the "fun" back in the word "funeral." He just laughed and said to do whatever I wanted. He didn't care because he'd already be dancin' on streets of gold ... and then the ideas started to come.

Kickin' Up Gold Dust

Don’t you worry about me when it comes my time to leave
‘cause you know that I’ll be kickin’ up gold dust.
Yeah, I’ll be dancin’ in the streets with the angels around me
and you know that we’ll all be kickin’ up gold dust.
Yeah, we’ll all gather up around the throne
in a place where the streets are paved with gold.
So, when I die, don’t you cry. Don’t you make a fuss
‘cause you know that I’m just kickin’ up gold dust.

Oh, I’ll be sailing crystal seas with walls of jasper around me
singing praises to the King and kickin’ up gold dust.
The pearly gates will open wide to my new home in the sky,
so, you know that’s where you’ll find me kickin’ up gold dust.
‘Cause the angels and the saints and I will be
praisin’ his name for eternity.
They can put me in the ground, but I’m still heaven bound
so, you know you can trust I’m just kickin’ up gold dust.

No, the world will never be my home.
‘Cause life is just a journey to a place I know
where treasure will never fade or rust,
so, shout hallelujah because I’m kickin’ up gold dust.

No, the world will never be my home.
‘Cause life is just a journey to a place I know
where treasure will never fade or rust,
so, shout hallelujah because I’m kickin’ up gold dust.
I said, shout hallelujah because I’m kickin’ up gold dust.
When I die don’t you cry, I’m kicking up gold dust.
I’m kickin’ up gold dust.
No when I die, please don’t cry because I’m kicking up gold dust.

Everything on here except the vocals and the lead guitar are BiaB tracks. I probably could have found a better lead guitar than what I put on, but I got lazy and laid one down myself.

BiaB tracks:
Drums - Brian Fullen _PUSHY.STY
Bass - Byron House _PUSHY.STY
Piano - Blair Masters _PUSHY.STY
Rhythm guitars - Dave Cleveland _PUSHY.STY
Organ - Chris Nole _Cookin.STY
Banjo - Scott Vestal _CARGO.STY
Pedal Steel - Dave Hinson =GEORGPG.STY

Please feel free to let me know what y'all think, and thanks for the listen -

Brad

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
A very cool song... Your productions are steadily improving...
I'd bring up the drums a bit, and tighten up the ending...

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Brad
Cool song
Top sung
Very good song structure
The use of the slightly distorted rhythm guitar is perfect !
Great work Brad
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really cool how you took on the idea and made it flower into this beauty, Brad. Man, I'm getting older too and would really like you to plan my FUNeral. haha I prefer you guitar in there, too. Those guys are good --real good, but knowing the song is like kicking up gold dust.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good song, well written and performed, and good production too.

And I agree with Marty, I would prefer hear you on guitar than a BIAB realtrack, nice job.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brad, this is most joyous indeed!

The happy lyric, the tight BiaB band, your fine guitar and vocals all wrapped up in a good mix made this an enjoyable listen.

We’d say you’ve “done your uncle proud” as our Mama’s would say!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Good tune & concept. Clear mix. Easy listen. I double to what BH said on drums. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Brad,

Really cool song.

As others have noted, your mixes are getting better all the time.

smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Sounds great! I like both concept and execution. The guitar playing is just fine, and fits in well - no need to worry :-) Well done!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brad,

Fun.

Nice job with BIAB. Gettin' tighter all the time..

Enjoyed.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Well done Brad, steady and catchy tune!

Solid vocals (lead vocal could probably be slightly less hot here and there, but that's just a small nit).

The pedal steel works a charm in the mix, you've managed it well. We never really got the Dave Hinson RT to work, we usually grab the ones from Eddy Dunlap.

Rob

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
This is an amazing hook and angle, Brad! This goes into my list of the ones I wish I wrote. Great job!!

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks for the suggestion Bloc Head and Misha. In my first attempt (prior to posting) I had the drums too loud and it was drowning out the rhythm guitars. Looks as though I may have over-corrected.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks a bunch Andi - isn't cool that we can listen to each others music from so far away?! I love BiaB, been having a great time with it. And this forum is really cool.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Gosh, thanks a lot Marty, Dave, Janice and Bud, and musician17. Sure glad you liked it. I'm humbled. I've not been playing lead guitar very long, and I know I often hit things out of scale or don't have a very good tone, so I'm easily intimidated by what I hear from the stuff you folks are putting out. So thanks for encouragement and the vote of confidence.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Bloc-Head, David and Floyd, thanks for the listen and for all the input you've been giving me. Most of my learning is coming from you guys and others on the forum. I've got a long way to go yet, but I'm having fun trying and learning thanks to you all.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Rob and Ann-Marie, producers/mixers extraordinaire! Thanks so much for your input. My personal favorite steel picker on BiaB is Paul Franklin, but I've had difficulty with his BiaB tracks because they are so busy. I've been lucky with Dave Hinson. Just in searching the different styles he seems to be the one I use the most.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Wow, that's quite a compliment Dewey, thank you.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brad

Nicely done a very pleasant listen.

Good vocals, and melody.

Peter

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I enjoyed this Brad. Everything works: the song, the lyrics, your vocal, the band and your guitar solo.
I like the "putting the fun back into FUNeral" concept.
Cheers,
Mike

Mike Garry
BIAB 2022 (Build 927)/RealBand (5) (64bit), UltraPak, Kontakt, EZmix, Ozone 9 Elements, Hybrid 3, Audacity, Acer Predator, Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB ram, CPU: Intel i7.

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Brad,

I like the story about your uncle. It (and he) came to life in your very nice song!
Nice lyrics and a good band. I only agree with Marty, Dave and Misha about the drums.
But I bet you already working on that now...

I enjoyed your song a lot, Brad!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brad,

Super job on a joyful song! I totally agree with you about the fact that such a somber occasion by most folks can actually be a celebration! Enjoyed the tune!

Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Peter, Mike, Hans and Torrey,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to listen and give me your input and comments - it's appreciated.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very coo lyric Brad. I am sure your Uncle is dancing to this tune. Super vocal and backing band. Super mix. Loved the panning on the call back.. Guitar was excellent as well.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hey thanks for the listen and encouragement Scott. I have a lot of learning to do, but gosh it sure has been fun learning.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195