Page 1 of 2 1 2
#721284 06/17/22 12:40 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
S
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
Realtracks show N/A!! I bought the pluspak upgrade!! They play when I choose a style. I solo each track. Please help , thanks!

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
First make sure that everything from the PlusPAK is installed over top of your previous UltraPAK (or higher) 2021. Then open the Style Picker and click the Rebuild button at the bottom; do a Fast rebuild. Does this help? If not, please contact us directly for assistance either through live chat or email support@pgmusic.com.

Best,
Chantelle
S
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
I am noticing that I am missing a lot of Realtraks even though I have been back through and reinstalled , starting all over with 2021 and reinstalling everything in order. going through and running the installer starting with 1-39, etc. they are not showing even once I rebuild... What is going on??

S
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
Noticed that I get an error saying I am missing 2886 xt2 or st2 files. This is an absolutely fresh install. I am installing to a usb drive. What am I doing wrong??

D
D
same problem ????

S
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
Same. also I am missing the 1st 100 RT and others. I have installed everything twice.

S
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
S
I fixed it by installing the app onto the drive where I had the tracks.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Stephan327
I fixed it by installing the app onto the drive where I had the tracks.

Thanks for letting us know that the problem is solved! Would you mind marking your original post as Resolved?

This problem happened due to some limitations in how macOS handles it's installers, and because of this doing a manual install would require that you install the Realtracks and the app to the same location. This is why we recommend using the new Install Manager to get everything set up, as it is capable of installing the program and the Realtracks to separate locations.

I work here
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
here is a screenshot of all the missing elements after upgrading 2022.

getting very, very sick of PG music.

have ordered the USB audiophile drive.

two weeks now and zip, nothing in the mail.

robbo.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB N:A.jpg (599.91 KB, 10 downloads)
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
i'd send PG a bill for all the screwing around.

last year, it took me two eight-hour days to get all the files working properly.

robbo.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Robbo, those styles are from the Bonus 49PAK.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
Robbo, 2 solutions are available to you: ask BIAB not to display the N/A (easy) or buy the packages you are missing (easy too). Good luck! All that wasted time....

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: MoultiPass
Robbo, 2 solutions are available to you: ask BIAB not to display the N/A (easy) or buy the packages you are missing (easy too). Good luck! All that wasted time....

Indeed! The easiest way to get the Stylepicker to not show you unavailable styles is to simply click on the Clear button at the top of the Stylepicker - that will reset the search filters to show every style you currently have installed, which with a 2022 Audiophile edition should be a bit over 7000 Styles.

In your case though, you'd be best off installing the Bonus 49-PAK to get those particular missing styles, or simply wait and use the external hard drive.

I work here
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Simon.
thx.
it was running very well b4 I did this install.
I'm actually waiting on the USB Drive to show up before I go any further.
will keep you informed.
how do I track the USB drive's shipping? no details have been sent.
robbo.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: robbo
Hi Simon.
thx.
it was running very well b4 I did this install.
I'm actually waiting on the USB Drive to show up before I go any further.
will keep you informed.
how do I track the USB drive's shipping? no details have been sent.
robbo.

We are starting to ship out the Mac 2022 physical copies now. You should receive an email with a tracking number soon once yours leaves the warehouse.

Best,
Chantelle
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
I've been a loyal BIAB customer for a number of years now. Love the product, love the company...if you were to search my posting history, you'd be hard pressed to find anything I've ever said remotely negative about the program or PG Music as a company.

That said, in my unsolicited opinion, this has been handled badly. I ordered (and paid for) my audiophile version nearly two weeks ago, and it still hasn't shipped. I understand there are actually real-world problems that have caused that, and I'm patient about delays...when I'm communicated with.

There is the rub. There's no communication. I had to reach out to learn this information. No offense, but I shouldn't have to get on the phone, send an email, or go to an online chat to find out that the shipments have been delayed. A simple update from PG Music would have alleviated my concerns.

It was suggested to me that I could download the program. That would provide me (as I understand it) with MP3s of the realtracks as opposed to the WAV files in the physical audiophile version. No offense, but if I wanted MP3s that's the version I would have purchased.

I purchase music-related products online all the time. Guitars, recording equipment, gig bags, etc. - you name it. On many, many occasions a product I've ordered is on back-order, or out of stock, or otherwise unavailable to ship right away. 100% of the time I'm notified by the company I've purchased from that there's going to be a delay in shipment/delivery. It's just good business to do so...avoids misunderstandings and upset customers.

I would respectfully suggest that this is a practice that PG Music considers implementing in the future.

Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
The longer the better. It's not a loaf of bread that you buy that will last 1 meal, but a program that will last you for years and years.
Waiting a bit for a 2 gigabyte disc filled by small craftsmen is largely bearable. But I understand your impatience, this software is so good....

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
I'm not impatient. Re-read my post.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Thank you - good suggestions.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I think that all in all PGM does a great job under the yearly cycle of release for two platforms. There is a lot that goes into it. With the world still in the throws of a pandemic, a materials shortage, and certainly everywhere i look a labor shortage. I firmly believe especially with Mac users, that the 6 months of waiting after reading all about the new features and adventures there in with the Windows release makes thinks just seem, well Long!

One suggestion i would make to PGM is to find a way to pull the releases into the same time slots. No Idea what it would take to do that, but having the release of both platforms would be a huge success and a big win each year. It would also allow for far more development time for each and more time to develop new content.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199