#722911 07/03/22 01:57 PM
Beginners Forum
W
wish Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
W
Just thinking of purchasing some add ons.
Are the Xpro packs more suited to those who have that particular edition and am I better to continue buying the Xtra packs.
Appreciate your thoughts.

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK
Xtra packs 1,2,3,4,5,6,13
2019 and 2018 49pak
Asus Zen Book UX533F 1TB ssd
Windows10 pro, 16g i7 64bit
Allen and Heath Z10fx mixer
Alesis V25 controller

wish #722918 07/03/22 05:13 PM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
The XPro Paks will work with all versions of BiaB including the Pro (entry level) version. They are really designed for users who only have the Pro version.

The Styles in the Xtra Paks will work with higher level versions (e.g. Ultra Pak) but not necessarily the Pro version, as they need specific Tracks that may not be available in the Pro version.

As you have the Ultra Pak, you can get a benefit of new Styles from both Paks. Each offers their own unique styles, and I don't believe that there is any duplication between the Paks.

I purchased both.

Hope this helps.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
wish #722928 07/03/22 08:21 PM
Beginners Forum
W
wish Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
W
Thanks for that, much appreciated. Will work through the options.
Cheers

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK
Xtra packs 1,2,3,4,5,6,13
2019 and 2018 49pak
Asus Zen Book UX533F 1TB ssd
Windows10 pro, 16g i7 64bit
Allen and Heath Z10fx mixer
Alesis V25 controller

wish #723062 07/05/22 03:02 AM
Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Any user with the current version of Band-in-a-Box is eligible to purchase the XPro Styles PAKs. They are not just for the Pro users. The Xtra Styles PAKs are only for users with the UltraPAK or higher.

Best,
Chantelle
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
Any user with the current version of Band-in-a-Box is eligible to purchase the XPro Styles PAKs. They are not just for the Pro users.

Yep, just like I mentioned:
Quote:
The XPro Paks will work with all versions of BiaB including the Pro (entry level) version.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
AudioTrack #723070 07/05/22 05:01 AM
Beginners Forum
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
Any user with the current version of Band-in-a-Box is eligible to purchase the XPro Styles PAKs. They are not just for the Pro users.

Yep, just like I mentioned:
Quote:
The XPro Paks will work with all versions of BiaB including the Pro (entry level) version.

Though I still find very confusing PGM's this PAK, that PAK, ProPAK, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, PlusPAK EverythingPAK(?), OmniPAK, Audiphile Edition(?), meaning of RealTracks vs RealBand, numerous Add-Ons that my or may not be included in various bundles. That confusion dissuaded me for quite a long time from upgrading.

The fact that so many other music software/media/resource/etc. vendors are just as confusing is no excuse, IMHO.

More than a few times I've just thought "Oh, I just can't be [redacted] with this!"

I doubt it's just me.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
wish #723163 07/06/22 01:19 AM
Beginners Forum
Apprentice
Apprentice
It is very confusing. I usually message PGM and ask them to see which add on(s) I do not have. Then of course I buy them all, I can't help it, it's like musical pawn.

Last edited by TRYUK; 07/06/22 01:20 AM.
TRYUK #723176 07/06/22 02:50 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I, and I'm sure many others, find the naming terminology confusing.

This is especially so for the 'Pro Pak', which actually has the minimum feature set. The base software is the same for all versions, and the Pak name describes the added features in terms of included RealTracks, RealDrums and available Styles.

The term 'Pro-Pak' signifies that it is the 'Professional' edition, which it certainly isn't.

In my view, it should be named 'Essentials', 'Lite', 'Beginner', 'Entry', 'Starter' or something similar.

Quote:
It is very confusing. I usually message PGM and ask them to see which add on(s) I do not have.

Quote:
Though I still find very confusing PGM's this PAK, that PAK, ProPAK, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, PlusPAK EverythingPAK(?), OmniPAK, Audiphile Edition(?), meaning of RealTracks vs RealBand, numerous Add-Ons that my or may not be included in various bundles. That confusion dissuaded me for quite a long time from upgrading.

Based again on some of the content of this thread, a more realistic naming convention would save a huge amount of ongoing confusion, hesitation, and user frustration.

AudioTrack #723180 07/06/22 03:03 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
I, and I'm sure many others, find the naming terminology confusing.

This is especially so for the 'Pro Pak', which actually has the minimum feature set. The base software is the same for all versions, and the Pak name describes the added features in terms of included RealTracks, RealDrums and available Styles.

The term 'Pro-Pak' signifies that it is the 'Professional' edition, which it certainly isn't.

Based again on some of the content of this thread, a more realistic naming convention would save a huge amount of ongoing confusion, hesitation, and user frustration.

I also find PGMusic's nomenclature very confusing. Every year there are many questions about that each Pak is and what it includes.

But it goes beyond just the Pak terminology. Micro chords? Micro means extremely small so are micro chords are very small chords. Same with virtual tracks. I could go on and on but you get the picture.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
wish #723189 07/06/22 05:09 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I agree this could be improved and the term Pro is the cause of the most confusion.

But things could be worse: the most creativity in the marketing industry now is the naming of drugs. Where do they get those names!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
But things could be worse: the most creativity in the marketing industry now is the naming of drugs. Where do they get those names!

I think they have a computer randomly select letters and those letters are placed one after another based on when they were selected grin

Ducking and running for cover!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
wish #723204 07/06/22 08:32 AM
Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Thank you all for your input! We do list everything that is included with each Band-in-a-Box package on their respective product pages on our site. If ever there is any confusion, please feel free to reach out to use and we'll be happy to clarify.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Jerry
TRYUK #725087 07/22/22 03:14 PM
Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: TRYUK
It is very confusing. I usually message PGM and ask them to see which add on(s) I do not have. Then of course I buy them all, I can't help it, it's like musical pawn.

Under the Help menu in Band-in-a-Box, there is a "What Add-Ons Do I Have" window. For UltraPAK and higher users, this is a great tool for seeing what optional add-ons one doesn't have. There is a spot for things like the XPro and XtraStyles PAKs in there.

Cheers,
Ember
Beginners Forum
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Originally Posted By: Jerry - PG Music
Thank you all for your input! We do list everything that is included with each Band-in-a-Box package on their respective product pages on our site. If ever there is any confusion, please feel free to reach out to use and we'll be happy to clarify.

Hope this helps!

I'm fairly sure you do, but navigating it and making sense of it is not so easy as there's duplication, repetition, different names and names that have changed over time.

On that neat versions and upgrades table here (https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm), is lists the numbers of each of the types of content against the version, but find out which of those numbers are in any particular pack is not so easy. I think it's all there, but it's a bit of a hunt and the focus tends to be more on demonstrating them than identifying them. I can understand why that is ... it's a sales pitch ... but it makes hard work. A similar more detailed table that listed the packages and against them listed RealTrack sets and so on by number range would be helpful.

The UltaPAK list them near the bottom of the page (https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.ultrapak.htm#rtlist)... why not put that list at the top and link each group, including the 1-50 group, to the contents of those groups. Oddly to me, each of those blocks of 50 RealTracks also seem to be on the same page, though something clearly controls the content.

Another example of why it gets confusing is on the Pro page:
https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.pro.htm

where it says "over 550 RealTrack instruments", but does not list the RealTracks. In addition to that, how can one tell if the 550 refers to "tracks" or "instruments"? I guess 550 instruments is pretty unlikely so it has to be the former.

The MegaPAK is very similar.

The UltraPAK and the UltraPAK+ both list all the RealTracks in the same way ... index blocks right near the bottom after loads of demos. Same arguments. What I really need to know is "all the stuff from the UltraPAK plus the songs and lessons PAK" with a hyper link to that pack.

OmniPAK ... why not in the list of packages. I know it contains stuff other that BiaB, but then so do they all ... RealBand.

Oh, I could go on and on. Enough already.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,552
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199