Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#722924 07/03/22 05:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Unforgiven

I've not been around for the past 5 or 6 weeks - 2 surgeries and Di now has dementia. My days are long and exhausting. But that's what it takes. Sorry to have missed out on so much good music by all you talented folks. I'll visit as many of you as I can as often I can.

This is a quick (about 3 hours) throw-together from one afternoon a few months ago - just now got time to post it.

Song Summary

File:Unforgiven.SGU

Key=Am , Tempo 65, Length (m:s)=3:11

Style is _STAGGER.STY (Stagger Dramatic Sw16 Folk Bal)

RealTracks in style: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 3321:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopDblBrent Ev 055
RealTracks in style: 3058:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking SongwriterAlternating8thsQuinn Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 2779:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SongwriterSwingBalladBrent Sw16 065
RealDrums in style:NashvilleSwing16^2-a:Sidestick, Hihat , b:Snare, Ride

The acoustic rhythm guitars have a small amount of reverb applied, the drums and lead acoustic guitar have more reverb applied as an effort to add the perception of depth. By that I mean, as though the two rhythm guitars are physically 20 or so feet in front of the lead guitar and drums. It just sounded better that way to me as I listened with various adjustments to tone and spatial separation.

And yes, there is a mix of EV and SW tracks. But, in my mind, it seems to work.

Hope you enjoy it.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/03/22 06:02 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Al-David #722933 07/03/22 10:14 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Alan, I'm so sorry to hear about your and Di's health news. I'll do one of the few things I know how to do in these circumstances, which is to send good thoughts and pray. Regardless, I hope the difficulties of your days ease, at least a little, somehow. I'm here to help in any way I can, so don't hesitate to write, for whatever reason, if you need to.

Your song. You are one of the most amazing composers on here, someone whose new songs I always go immediately to listen to, when you do post them on here. And this is, true to form, a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful song to listen to. The sound of the guitar is hypnotizing, to my mind, and here we have these guitars guiding us, with gentle melodies, into a sad but uplifting journey. I loved it.

The other thing: I usually take notes as I listen, and then post. With this song, I found I couldn't take a single note whilst listening ... I just had to stop and just listen and listen. Which is a big, big compliment, from me.

On my second listen, now ... HOW do you find those chord progressions? SO relaxing, so sad, and yet ... as I already said, "uplifting". Best word I can find.

God bless you and thank you so much for finding the time, somehow, to share your work with us - I'm so happy and enriched, spiritually, for it. Thanks again - take good care :-)

Al-David #722940 07/04/22 12:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one Alan,
Sad to hear of your circumstances and thanks for putting the effort in all day, every day to makes Di's life better.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Al-David #722950 07/04/22 02:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hello, Alan. You two smile forever in my heart with your music. Glad you are making the most of your situation, my friend. On my 3rd listen now. The first one I couldn't type because my eyes were closed taking in all the musical magic you can coax out of a guitar. The second was like James said trying to take notes as to what to write say it. Sorry. Nothing more to say. I think I'll start it over and just listen with my eyes closed again. Such feeling, Alan.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
Al-David #722969 07/04/22 05:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,

So sorry to hear about all the worries. So sorry for Di.
But the music is beautiful and expresses the way (we think) you feel.
Wish you a lot of courage and strength!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Al-David #723008 07/04/22 10:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

Love is the best medicine - y'all got that covered....

Nice track, well mixed. Enjoyed the listen.

fj

musician17 #723018 07/04/22 11:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
Alan, I'm so sorry to hear about your and Di's health news. I'll do one of the few things I know how to do in these circumstances, which is to send good thoughts and pray. Regardless, I hope the difficulties of your days ease, at least a little, somehow. I'm here to help in any way I can, so don't hesitate to write, for whatever reason, if you need to.

Your song. You are one of the most amazing composers on here, someone whose new songs I always go immediately to listen to, when you do post them on here. And this is, true to form, a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful song to listen to. The sound of the guitar is hypnotizing, to my mind, and here we have these guitars guiding us, with gentle melodies, into a sad but uplifting journey. I loved it.

The other thing: I usually take notes as I listen, and then post. With this song, I found I couldn't take a single note whilst listening ... I just had to stop and just listen and listen. Which is a big, big compliment, from me.

On my second listen, now ... HOW do you find those chord progressions? SO relaxing, so sad, and yet ... as I already said, "uplifting". Best word I can find.

God bless you and thank you so much for finding the time, somehow, to share your work with us - I'm so happy and enriched, spiritually, for it. Thanks again - take good care :-)

James ...

You are always so kind with your words. I appreciate you very much. I'm delighted you enjoyed the piece.

As far as chord progressions, they just com e to me pretty easily. I am not music literate, but I guess I have a God-given ability to decipher what does and doesn't work. Same thing with cord structure. I can't always explain why certain patterns work and how or why I structued a chord as I did, but I can usually figure out how to do it.

Anyway, many thanks. It's always a true pleasure to have you in my audience. And I equally enjoy being a member of your audience. Take care,

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

rayc #723019 07/04/22 11:23 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Nice one Alan,
Sad to hear of your circumstances and thanks for putting the effort in all day, every day to makes Di's life better.

Thanks as bunch, Ray! If you love truly someone, it's not a burden or a task - it's just what you do. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

BabuMusic #723020 07/04/22 11:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Hello, Alan. You two smile forever in my heart with your music. Glad you are making the most of your situation, my friend. On my 3rd listen now. The first one I couldn't type because my eyes were closed taking in all the musical magic you can coax out of a guitar. The second was like James said trying to take notes as to what to write say it. Sorry. Nothing more to say. I think I'll start it over and just listen with my eyes closed again. Such feeling, Alan.

Hi Marty!

You are such a kind person (and marvelous musician). I'm more than delighted the music speaks to you. There's not much more a composer/musician could want to heart. Di and I still smile and laugh a lot. we often have the conversations several times a day as she forgets what we'd spoken about earlier. I just try to pretend it's the time, every time.

I appreciate everything youo said, Thank you so much. Wishing you everything good ...

Alan

RnAM #723021 07/04/22 11:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Alan,

So sorry to hear about all the worries. So sorry for Di.
But the music is beautiful and expresses the way (we think) you feel.
Wish you a lot of courage and strength!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi You Two!

Thank you so much! I'm very happy the music works well for you. And yes, it comes close to expressing a lot of my internal feelings. Again, many thanks. Wishing you both the very best.

Alan

floyd jane #723022 07/04/22 11:33 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

Love is the best medicine - y'all got that covered....

Nice track, well mixed. Enjoyed the listen.

fj

Hi Floyd ...

Yeah, we got that love part covered pretty dang good! I'm glad to hear everything about the music works for you. Thanks for letting me know. Best you & yours ...

Alan

Al-David #723084 07/05/22 07:43 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Alan...this is a beautiful and well constructed track...showing what a marvelous tool like BiaB could and should sound like in the hands of a master arranger...I'm so sorry to hear of the circumstances you and Di are facing...I hope it's a comfort to know that there is a community of folks who care and hold you both in high esteem with thoughts and prayers...again such a beautiful melody!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2023, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12, Wavelab 11.1, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
Al-David #723105 07/05/22 09:48 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

This lovely track has a beautiful melancholy feel to it! I love your arrangement! You are one of the best arrangers of the BIAB RealTracks! Prayers for blessings of strength and perseverance for you! Keep using BIAB and the forum for some encouraging therapy! My best to you and Di!

Thanks, Torrey

Al-David #723110 07/05/22 10:10 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Firstly, Ray well expressed our feelings:
"Sad to hear of your circumstances and thanks for putting the effort in all day, every day to makes Di's life better."
Absolutely.

It's been oft said by us and others but your ability to create all BiaB tunes is a showcase in the showcase forum. We love it and we agree that the EV/SW mashup works well.

Welcome back and we look forward to more!

J&B

firesong #723236 07/06/22 10:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: firesong
Alan...this is a beautiful and well constructed track...showing what a marvelous tool like BiaB could and should sound like in the hands of a master arranger...I'm so sorry to hear of the circumstances you and Di are facing...I hope it's a comfort to know that there is a community of folks who care and hold you both in high esteem with thoughts and prayers...again such a beautiful melody!

Hi Dan ...

Thank you so much for those very kind words. I appreciate them very much. BIAB does all the heavy lifting - Just give it the load. PG Music deserves much of the credit i get for my songs. Nonetheless, your comments are so very nice. Ands thanks for the well wishes. Faith and positivity go a long way when the road gets rough. We're hanging on tight for the ride. wishing you all the very best ...

Alan

Torrey Bliss #723238 07/06/22 11:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Alan,

This lovely track has a beautiful melancholy feel to it! I love your arrangement! You are one of the best arrangers of the BIAB RealTracks! Prayers for blessings of strength and perseverance for you! Keep using BIAB and the forum for some encouraging therapy! My best to you and Di!

Thanks, Torrey

Torrey ...

You are much too kind. But I sincerely appreciate all that you said. And you are correct ... these forums and BIAB are great therapy. Again, I thank you so much. Wishing you everything good ...

Alan

Janice & Bud #723240 07/06/22 11:05 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Firstly, Ray well expressed our feelings:
"Sad to hear of your circumstances and thanks for putting the effort in all day, every day to makes Di's life better."
Absolutely.

It's been oft said by us and others but your ability to create all BiaB tunes is a showcase in the showcase forum. We love it and we agree that the EV/SW mashup works well.

Welcome back and we look forward to more!

J&B

Janice & Bud ...

So nice to hear from you. And thank you the encouragement. I give BIAB most of the credit. PG Music has given many of us a chance to offer our efforts to a wonderful and caring group of ears and hearts. Your words are most encouraging. Many thanks!

Alan

Al-David #723267 07/06/22 03:30 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful song Alan. Very soothing piece of music. My heart goes out to you in these troubling times.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Al-David #723284 07/06/22 10:38 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,

Very sorry to hear about yours and Di's ongoing problems.

Wonderful piece of music, no one does this type of instrumental quite as good as you IMHO.

My best wishes to the both of you!

BlueAttitude #723379 07/07/22 02:01 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I was very sad to hear of your health issues and I know you are doing your best to help Di

I agree with Floyd, love is the best medicine

An outstanding song and mix

Loved it

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195