You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#723096 - 07/05/22 11:51 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230
Loc: Denmark
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

HI,

does anyone have an idea of which type of Amp, dials and Pedals have being used to create 3230, Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin EV16 080?

Since I own a Variax Standard - I can play around with various guitar models and pick ups

Kind regards

Peter

Peters' Garage is available on all major streaming services

#723122 - 07/05/22 02:57 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Wauconda
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda
Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
HI,

does anyone have an idea of which type of Amp, dials and Pedals have being used to create 3230, Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin EV16 080?

This actually sounds pretty nice. The RT memo give a bit of info but of course not the detail you are asking.

Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin Ev16 090
This background electric guitar is playing a low held Cinema style with an even feel at a slow tempo. Playing long low held notes this background RealTrack partners with the high Cinema electric guitar to blend together in a ethereal sound which evoke an intense emotional feeling. There is a slight echo and some distortion added to the guitar tone to add to the overall tone of the guitar.

Tempo Range: 70 - 120

#723250 - 07/06/22 03:21 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 [Re: MusicStudent]
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

I read the back ground description, but wondered if anyone could come up with some tips or tricks to get as close to the sound as possible.

I did an attempt with my Line 6 Firehawk and me Variax Standard, but the sound I get is a little too full

#723251 - 07/06/22 03:54 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mi., USA

I did an attempt with my Line 6 Firehawk and me Variax Standard, but the sound I get is a little too full ...

Quote:
There is a slight echo and some distortion added to the guitar tone to add to the overall tone of the guitar.
- description

If it is 'a little too full', back off on your FX .. work it a bit and experiment with EQ

'a little too full' could easily be a bit ambiguous, but that was my first hunch anyway

#723322 - 07/07/22 07:47 AM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 [Re: Peters Garage]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I took a listen to the track in solo mode. It sounds like a clean guitar with some reverb, echo, and the slightest hint of distortion. Very mild..... However, I noticed there's almost no pick attack at the start of the notes/chords so it seems they are using a volume pedal with a really quick attack so you don't hear a fade in but more of a no attack at the start of the notes.

Very dreamy and mellow style sound. It has a distinct steel guitar sound to it. I added it for grins to a new song project I'm working on and it certainly added a steel sound in the background but more like a pad or subtle string section vs an outright steel.

The description by PG is apt.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#723367 - 07/07/22 12:52 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 [Re: Guitarhacker]
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I took a listen to the track in solo mode. It sounds like a clean guitar with some reverb, echo, and the slightest hint of distortion. Very mild..... However, I noticed there's almost no pick attack at the start of the notes/chords so it seems they are using a volume pedal with a really quick attack so you don't hear a fade in but more of a no attack at the start of the notes.

Very dreamy and mellow style sound. It has a distinct steel guitar sound to it. I added it for grins to a new song project I'm working on and it certainly added a steel sound in the background but more like a pad or subtle string section vs an outright steel.

The description by PG is apt.

The delayed attack could be the use of a Slow Gear Boss pedal (used a lot by Mark Knofler in his early days) or as it's called in my Firehawk a Swell (if you overdo that effect the guitar will have an almost violin "attack".

I really like the sound, but for the composition I'm working on - it plays 50% of sour notes, since I'm using chords outside key, and the Real Track tries to stay inside or very near the key - even if I turn off Natural Arrangement.

#723368 - 07/07/22 12:53 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 [Re: rharv]
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: rharv

I did an attempt with my Line 6 Firehawk and me Variax Standard, but the sound I get is a little too full ...

Quote:
There is a slight echo and some distortion added to the guitar tone to add to the overall tone of the guitar.
- description

If it is 'a little too full', back off on your FX .. work it a bit and experiment with EQ

'a little too full' could easily be a bit ambiguous, but that was my first hunch anyway

Off course!!
Why didn't I consider working with the EQ.

Thank you for that hint :-)

#723538 - 07/09/22 11:33 PM [Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production] Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Edge of break up amp setting with the guitar vol rolled back a tiny bit after that so that digging a little harder, when desired, will offer some harmonic richness. Soft pick or fingers, Super fast attack, long decay/sustain...Slow Engine or one of the cheap imitations would work...or volume knob twiddling. Combining delay & a long tailed reverb too. ALL of which tend to get muddy so it'd be some de-mudding EQ. Extra layer of reverb when mixing.

Edited by rayc (07/09/22 11:38 PM)

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by Endorsing Artist Gabriel Mark Hasselbach: https://youtu.be/86DOXpAbf7I

"I have been using Band-in-a-Box since my Atari days and the program has grown and blossomed like a hothouse flower! My history of 10 Billboard hits, 14 albums, Juno awards, Album of the Year Award, and JazzWeek charting has all been interwoven with Band in the Box. A great tool for songwriting, arranging, preproduction, and even finished projects. Visionary work PG Music!"
- Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Learn more about Gabriel Mark Hasselbach.

Forum Stats
36538 Members
64 Forums
75703 Topics
667093 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ChrisKarabas, Jeffreylowy, juenemas, Vermist, Menique57

36537 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 162
MarioD 131