User Showcase
D
Deej56 Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
D
Hi, all:

It’s been quite a while since I’ve done a collaboration with Carroll Kiphen. He sent me these lyrics some time ago and it took me a bit to find the sound I was shooting for. For better or worse, here’s what we settled on . . . hope you enjoy! And thanks in advance for all feedback and suggestions.

Stay well, all—

Deej

Here’s the song:

THE INVISIBLE MAN

Here are the lyrics:

You look through me
You look past me
You don’t see me standing here
You’re so unaware
With that vacant stare
When did I disappear

Clearly you can’t see me
Clearly you can’t hear me
You don’t know I’m alive

I’m invisible
The invisible man

What will it take
For me to make
You know that I’m alive
What can I do
What can I say
For you to see the light

Are you blind
Are you too blind
Or am I made off of glass
See me, see me, see me
Is that too much to ask

And here’s the band:

RealTracks 1717: Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockStraight
RealTracks 1830: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopModernGroove
RealTracks 802: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SouthernSnappyGritty
RealTracks 3736: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm GrungeSlowDistPower8ths
RealTracks 3445: Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryRockJohnny
RealDrums: RockHardKick^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare

Last edited by Deej56; 07/09/22 08:05 PM.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I know the invisibility feeling only too well, haha. Great song! Deej in "power song" (is that even the right term?) mode. The lyrics are to the point, too - great collaboration, really enjoyed it. Love this kind of relentless, driving rhythm ... it adds a certain determination (again, the right word?) to the song. Well done, both.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Our original animal brain is designed for self preservation; the forebrain is there to help us notice that we need each other to do that. Unfortunately we still don't really "see" each other yet. Enough of the philosophy; now on to music appreciation. Man, there is so much in this gem to appreciate, Deej. I see you guys for sure. Hearing this strong song it's easy to see how much you enjoy what you're doing. Thanks for sharing. Wow, I got this far in my comment and still haven't once mentioned how much I really like your vocals, Deej. Great idea Carroll has here and the lyrics are perfect. I'm always impressed when someone can write a song from a poem. The mix is very pleasurable with every piece perfectly placed.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice simple lyrics easy to relate to. The rocking rhythm has a classic 60's vibe in the modern outfit. Very nice selection of the band. The solo is bit short and the bass has some boominess in my ears, but that's probably because of the ear fatigue after mixing whole day smile Another excellent vocal performance, nice backing vocals, too.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Loved the intro Deej! That bass and guitar, then adding the rest really grabbed me. Janne may have a point about the boominess of the bass, but I thinks it adds a lot and wouldn't change it at all. A straight to the point lyric, but with a driving rhythm behind it. It's got that rock drive, but a country lyric - think. The best of both worlds. Nicely done!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! Is this ultimate professionalism or not? You're sure raising the bar with your songs.

Enjoyed the Hipgnosis style artwork too.

Rob

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Deej,
THAT VOICE...& your melodic sense always work for me.
Nice band too...not a fan of the country solo but that's a minor matter.
Good lyric to launch THAT voice.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Deej,

This is a killer track! The bass in this is devastating in a good way...it really gives the track such a solid sound! The vocals are great as they always are on your tracks! Great work with bgv also. Love the panning on them! Great lyrics and sound!

Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Deej...great concept and lyrics...love the vocal (of coarse) and harmonies...I love these mid-tempo tunes...and I agree with Torrey about the track...top-notch at every level!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2023, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12, Wavelab 11.1, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Deej,

Love that BAND! Cool guitars. Cool Bass.

Excellent vocals and BGVs.

I thought the drums were a bit too dry (compared to the rest of the mix).

I agree with ray about the solo - it did not seem to "fit the tone" of the song itself (and the rest of the tracks).

Very catchy. Enjoyed the listen.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Deej that was fantastic

Super band and mix

Outstanding vocal and lyrics,

"Are you too blind
Or am I made off of glass" - what a great line

Loved it

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Deej, you are super vissible with this swell song!

I certainly enjoyed all of it. And you kept your promise to make a lighter song too... :-)
I can imagine how a whole crowd is singing along with your chorus. Here, in some places in the Netherlands, if they enjoy a song they throw beer to the performers (a lot), but you would end up soaking wet. And that is a huge compliment!
But I don't live in those places. I believe Rob and Anne-Marie do...
I keep the beer for myself and enjoy what I hear. And it's good!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool intro Deej. Loved the groove to the song. Drums and bass really drive the song. Excellent lyric. One can relate to the lyrics. Super vocal. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great lead and background vocals, Deej, and the counterpoint harmonies work very well.

Excellent thought provoking write and mix.
The guitar solo sounds fine to us.

You and Carroll make a great team!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Man,

If I had my eyes closed, I would think I was at an R.E.M. and dBs songwriting jam back in 1984.

It sounds identical.

smile

And trust me, I have given you the highest praise I know how to give!

How did you get those guys to come to your house???

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Cool song......captures a feeling I think we've all felt at times!!! I like the vibe you chose for the music, and your vocals always rock!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
D
Deej56 Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
D
James, Marty, Janne, Brad, RnAm, rayc, Torrey, firesong, fj, Mario, Hans, Scott, J&B, David and Greg:

Thanks much for stopping in. After a few heartbreak ballads it was fun to turn it up a notch . . . and Carroll always seems to bring out the rocker in me. Glad you all seemed to like what you heard. A few thoughts on some of the comments:

Re the bass: I didn’t strike me until after I posted it, hearing it on the car speakers, that, yes, the bass was a bit more boomy than perhaps intended (though sounded better over the studio speakers—go figure). I may still dial them back, but for now will keep as is. I do think it helps drive the song—appreciate the feedback.

Re the guitar solo: I’ll confess I had to warm up to it a bit, but it captures the sound I was looking for. A southern rock type vibe with a bit of flavor. The reality is I auditioned pretty much every guitar solo for this tune and nothing delivered. I get the comment, but am happy enough with what it does.

Re the drums: Floyd . . . totally agree they could be a bit more wet. I’ve made an adjustment in the mix, and hopefully that gets it to a better place.

Thanks all for the listens. Stay safe and well.

Deej

Last edited by Deej56; 07/14/22 05:06 PM.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Sounds good to me Deej.
I had a thought that maybe it could use a break for a build once or twice but it sounds fine as is.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good tune. I was looking away from the screen when you sang SEE ME SEE ME SEE ME and it triggered a flash of Tommy by the WHO See me Feel me..... a song that is essentially about the very same topic.

From Avatar " I see you "

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Hi David
Great rock song with very cool sound
Fits perfectly to your voice
The chorus is absolutely top class
You should do more in this direction
I would find it cool ;-)
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200