Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
I bought BIAB UltraPak+ laster year (2021), and later on purchased Xtra Styles Pack 12 on sale, but now I am confused a little bit about what I would need to upgrade with 2022 out now.

I see I can update the program itself for $49

For $99 I can upgrade to what I presume must be the same as if I bought 2022 UltraPak+ today, which has the 222 more real styles.

Then I am being prompted about the 49 add on pak and Xtra styles and Xrtra Pro styles...more money more money... I guess maybe when I bought the UltraPak+ last year I didn't actually get "everything". but what did I get? what would I need to potentially purchase today if I wanted to have absolutely "everything"?

And what exactly are these Xtra Styles and XtraPro styles, compared to whatever is in the UltraPak+?

Yea its confusing...

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Since you already have the 2021 version of Band-in-a-Box, you qualify for the upgrade from 2021/2022 pricing on our site here: https://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm The $99 option is for the PlusPAK, which will include the new program as well as all the newest RealTracks. This option is only for customers who have a 2021 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, PlusPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

None of the Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs are included with any of the Mac Band-in-a-Box packages.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Jerry
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
I see. So... If I wanted to have ALL the Xtra and Pro style packs...I'd need to buy 1-11, and 13, since I apparently already bought 12 earlier this year?

But one question, why are these broken out as seperate packages...are they better in some way or just additional ones?

I guess that 49pak also has to be purchased separately...same question...is it better in some way then the included ones...or just "more of"??

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Last edited by Dewdman42; 06/16/22 05:43 PM.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
What you have:

2021 UltraPAK+
2021 49-PAK
Xtra Styles PAK 12

Upgrade options:

If you're downloading your upgrade again, I recommend:

2022 PlusPAK $99 (add to cart)
2022 49-PAK $49 (add to cart)
(The 49-PAK includes Bonus RealTracks and other Add-ons that are not available in any other Band-in-a-Box packages/purchase)

(^^this purchase path will complete your existing UltraPAK+ with all of the new RealTracks Sets!)

...and if you want to complete your Xtra Styles PAKs collection, the best way to do it (even though you already own Set 12) is our 1-13 bundle, which is on sale right now for $199 - add to cart

--------

The Xtra Styles PAKs are broken down due to a PAK or two being released every year (typically 1 with the Windows release and 1 with the Mac release) using the newer RealTracks included in the UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. Some people prefer to purchase a specific genre, which is why you see a further breakdown of those for purchasing within each PAK.

At $29 a PAK during a release, purchasing the 12 PAKs you don't have currently would cost $348, so the $199 is a great purchase option if you want them all.

I hope this helps!

-Callie

D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Thanks Callie... I am just trying to wrap my head generally around the way BIAB is divided up to understand the future upgrading also... Please correct me if I'm wrong

UltraPak+ basically includes the program, a bunch of misc midi stuff..and then a large collection of RealTracks. Then there is the 49 pak.. is this a new pak every year or what? you said I already have 49 pak from 2021, so the 2022 version is $49 more on top of that and contains a few new things...or is it a completely new pack that I should kind of plan on buying every year (if I want to have everything)?

Then I see there are the XtraPaks and XProPaks... The XtraPack appears to be a bunch of styles, which use mainly existing RealTracks from UltraPak....but just greatly expands the number of styles to make use of all those RealTracks. Do I have that right? And it appears you make one one of those every year...

Then it also appears you are making new XProPaks which are both styles and some new RealTracks recorded by pros...and expand further with distinct sounding styles, etc..and looks like probably a new two of those each year yes?

So if I wanted to basically keep up to date with all possible styles, etc.. I would need to upgrade BIAB+PlusPak..which keeps me up to latest UltraPak, plus the latest XtraPaks, latest XProPak and latest 49Pack..which is all $240/year.

Do I have that right? The 49Pak is not really clear to me what that is or why it exists or whether I really need to pay $49 a year to update it.

Also what about the MultiStyles pak....is that included in ultraPak or is it a completely seperate add-on also?

Last edited by Dewdman42; 06/17/22 01:22 PM.
N
N
I am glad that I am not the only one to find the various BIAB offerings confusing. Long time users who have grown with BIAB may find navigating the sales page a piece of cake but, as a relative newcomer, I find it opaque in the extreme.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Dewdman42
Thanks Callie... I am just trying to wrap my head generally around the way BIAB is divided up to understand the future upgrading also... Please correct me if I'm wrong

UltraPak+ basically includes the program, a bunch of misc midi stuff..and then a large collection of RealTracks. Then there is the 49 pak.. is this a new pak every year or what? you said I already have 49 pak from 2021, so the 2022 version is $49 more on top of that and contains a few new things...or is it a completely new pack that I should kind of plan on buying every year (if I want to have everything)?

The UltraPAK+ upgrade will include RealTracks sets 1-400, the Songs and Lessons PAK add-on, and all other content listed on the product page here: https://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.ultrapakplus.htm . None of the current Band-in-a-Box packages include any of the Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro PAKs add-ons. The 49-PAK is new each year, so if you are looking to purchase everything for the current year, you would want to add the 49-PAK.

Then I see there are the XtraPaks and XProPaks... The XtraPack appears to be a bunch of styles, which use mainly existing RealTracks from UltraPak....but just greatly expands the number of styles to make use of all those RealTracks. Do I have that right? And it appears you make one one of those every year...

This is correct. The Xtra Styles PAKs are for customers that have an UltraPAK or higher and contain addtional Styles.

Then it also appears you are making new XProPaks which are both styles and some new RealTracks recorded by pros...and expand further with distinct sounding styles, etc..and looks like probably a new two of those each year yes?

XPro Styles PAKs are the same in concept as the Xtra Styles PAKs, in that they are just additional Styles. The only difference between the two are that the XPro Style PAKs are designed to work with the RealTracks that come with the Band-in-a-Box Pro Package and higher.

So if I wanted to basically keep up to date with all possible styles, etc.. I would need to upgrade BIAB+PlusPak..which keeps me up to latest UltraPak, plus the latest XtraPaks, latest XProPak and latest 49Pack..which is all $240/year.

If you wanted to stay current, you could purchase the PlusPAK, which is the new Band-in-a-Box program and all the newest RealTracks Sets to that version year, the newest 49-PAK, newest Xtra Styles PAK, and newest XPro Styles PAK, as well as any other additional add-ons that may have been released (which we would advertise).

Do I have that right? The 49Pak is not really clear to me what that is or why it exists or whether I really need to pay $49 a year to update it.

We list the contents of the 49-PAK each year on our site. You can view the current one here: https://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2022.htm

Also what about the MultiStyles pak....is that included in ultraPak or is it a completely seperate add-on also?

That is not included in the UltraPAK or any Band-in-a-Box package for Mac. It may be helpful to think of it this way: anything that is on the Add-Ons Page is not included with any Band-in-a-Box package unless stated on the product page.

Hope this helps clarify!

Best,

Jerry
C
C
Are the previous years 49-PAKs included in the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ and Audiophile editions?

Or does the 2022 49-PAK include all the previous years 49-PAK contents?

From what I’ve read, the 49-PAK is new every year and I’m wondering whether previous years 49-PAKs would still be available or whether you would miss the opportunity to have them in your collection, if you were a newcomer to BIAB in 2022?

Last edited by cubasis; 06/21/22 02:43 AM.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The content in each 49-PAK are specific to that year. We only sell the 49-PAK for the current year.

Best,

Jerry
C
C
Thanks for clarifying Jerry!

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Your're not alone. I am a long time BIAB user and I still don't understand their pricing scheme. Just upgraded BIAB 2022 pro and not sure if I really should have upgraded to ultra. I saw it for $149 but they told me that was for the MAC. I'll wait for the Christmas sales and see what shows up...... JD

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: donojazz
Your're not alone. I am a long time BIAB user and I still don't understand their pricing scheme. Just upgraded BIAB 2022 pro and not sure if I really should have upgraded to ultra. I saw it for $149 but they told me that was for the MAC. I'll wait for the Christmas sales and see what shows up...... JD

Please contact us directly and we would be happy to help. We could then look at your account and give more individualized advice than here on the forums. You can go to Live chat on the website or email sales@pgmusic.com

Best,
Chantelle
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
[img]https://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm[/img]
I already talked to the chat line about my upgrade from 2021 to 2022 pro. They kept insisting to do what I was asking was another $279.

I told them I found this page and, as I read it, it states that if you have a 2021 or 2022 Biab you could upgrade to Ultra for $149. I had a 2021 BIAB but then ugraded to 2022 for $69. I asked if I could I revise my purchase to pay $149 vice my $69 and get the ultra version? THey said no, it would be $279.

This is always very confusing when I upgrade and I have been using BIAB since at the '90s ... JD

Last edited by donojazz; 06/21/22 11:19 AM.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This pricing information is listed on the Band-in-a-Box for Mac Packages page only, found here: https://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

You can reference the Band-in-a-Box for Windows Packages page here for the Windows pricing: https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Hope this helps clarify!

Best,

Jerry
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
It does. They did say they were MAC prices. I told them I will wait til Christmas.

If I had a MAC, would the upgrade price to ultra version be $149?

Thanks.... JD

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
It does. They did say they were MAC prices. I told them I will wait til Christmas.

If I had a MAC, would the upgrade price to ultra version be $149?

Thanks.... JD

At the moment yes, that would be the upgrade price if you had a Mac version and were upgrading to Ultra. However, looking at your account you're a Windows-only user so subsequently switching to the Mac version would fall under the Crossgrade price of $169 for the UltraPAK.

This is always very confusing when I upgrade and I have been using BIAB since at the '90s ... JD

I understand. This may help - as you're a Windows-only user, if you never upgrade to a Mac then you can completely ignore any Mac-specific pricing and only focus on the Windows pricing, which is always available on this page: https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

I work here
K
K
Just a quick tip if you are interested in the Artist Performance Sets 11 & 12 Songs with Vocals and you have the UltraPAK or above.

You will need several of the Xtra Styles PAKs and one of the XPro Styles PAKs in order to load and play several of the songs as intended. I just went through all of this and hopefully this will help someone else going forward.

_3HEARTS - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Rock & Pop 12 - If You Only Knew (Male) AP Set 11
_ASTOUND - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Rock & Pop 12 - Believe (Female) AP Set 12
_DANCE4U - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Rock & Pop 12 - She's Hangin' On (Male) AP Set 12
_FAMILY - Xtra Styles PAK 8 - Rock & Pop 8 - Save A Thought For Me (Female) AP Set 12
_GOLDRSH - Xtra Styles PAK 8 - Country 8 - Emmaline (Male) AP Set 12
_GRANDE - Xtra Styles PAK 8 - Jazz 8 - Una Vez Mas (Male) AP Set 12
_HANOVER - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Rock & Pop 12 - Lonely Once Again (Male) AP Set 12
_LOWAVES - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Country 12 - Can't Get Hold Of You (Female) AP Set 12
_MUDLAKE - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Blues 1 - My Oh My (Male) AP Set 12
_NSOMNIA - Xtra Styles PAK 11 - Country 11 - Texas On My Mind (Male) AP Set 12
_PONYUP - Xtra Styles PAK 10 - Country 10 - The School Gymnasium (Male) AP Set 12
_SPIT_IT - Xtra Styles PAK 7 - Rock & Pop 7 - Hang On (Duet) AP Set 11
_STRANDS - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Rock & Pop 12 - My Love Is Yours (Male) AP Set 11
_SOBRO - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Blues 1 - Good Love Is Hard To Find (Male) AP Set 12
_SLOWAGN - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Country 12 - Emmaline (Female) AP Set 12
_TRNTRAX - Xtra Styles PAK 12 - Blues 1 - Emmaline (Male) AP Set 11
_YIELD - XPro Styles PAK 1 - Country Styles - Texas On My Mind (Male) AP Set 11

Veteran
Veteran
Unfortunately, every time there is a new release, a new pak, or an upgrade, it is accompanied by user confusion. So much to choose from, but generally not enough PG Music online advice to users on how to select what-from-what.

A single table that shows all of the options and describes all of the prerequisites would be a great addition. E.g. Do all of the 2022 Bonus Paks work with the Pro version?

It would be a big improvement if you had a Single, one-page lookup table that stated:

"If you want this" : "You need to have this"

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,585
Posts734,718
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 196