#724658 07/19/22 11:03 AM
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
Been wanting to get Biab for a while but wasn't sure if it's the right fit

Just want it to make jazz backing tracks that don't sound too robotic and maybe record with it

Does the omnipak have more jazz stuff on it the descriptions are kinda vague and fluff

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
The music produced by each is the same. The audiophile version just has better sound quality. EDIT: this is not the appropriate answer. I was thinking UltraPak, not OmniPak, and talked about quality. I think the right answer is Yes, since the OmniPak appears to be the Audiophile version, plus other add-ons including the Piano Series, which alone is some really excellent "more jazz stuff".

Great tune, Nica’s Dream.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 07/20/22 06:50 AM. Reason: Correction

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
The music produced by each is the same. The audiophile version just has better sound quality.

Great tune, Nica’s Dream.

Wes mo version!!

Expert
Online Content
Expert
According to PGM's website the OmniPAK is audiophile, but with possibly all the add-ons.
I say 'possibly all' because I so often struggle to fully understand what is or is not included in any particular package.

The content is listed in outline here: https://www.pgmusic.com/omnipak.features.htm

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Nicasdream
Been wanting to get Biab for a while but wasn't sure if it's the right fit

Just want it to make jazz backing tracks that don't sound too robotic and maybe record with it

Does the omnipak have more jazz stuff on it the descriptions are kinda vague and fluff

Any of the versions are good. Unless you are doing high quality recordings.... you are fine with any of the non-audiophile versions. Of course, the further up the line you buy, the more styles and real tracks you get. Audiophile uses wave files so you get the highest quality with that version.

The way to get real sounding tracks is to use REAL TRACK styles. THese tend to sound absolutely amazing.

This is an old track I recorded with BB real tracks. I play a bit of the lead guitar. Everything else is BB real tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/guitarhacker/one-for-the-lady?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

It's a very cool program.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Journeyman
Journeyman
UltraPak+ would get my vote.

+1 on RealTracks.

Unless you've made the investment (time and money) to be a midi master, Real Tracks allow you to quickly put together stuff that sounds like a real band.

The link on my stuff is all real tracks except the guitar.

biab2023(Mac)
Logic Pro X
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
As I understand it, and I don't claim that I do fully understand all these Paks, the UltraPak+ will get you everything they make but not in WAV file form. The Audiophile version has all the styles and RealTracks and RealDrums in WAV file form. The Omnipak is the Audiophile version plus all the other stuff they make such as the Piano Series. Something like that. And any of these that you buy has the same base program functions.

If the question is whether or not to get the quality of the Audiophile or OmniPak version version versus the other choices (Pro, Mega or UltraPak), then I suggest you might like to read the article I wrote on this subject, here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=378939#Post378939

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
Online Content
Expert
... I don't claim that I do fully understand all these Paks,

I feel a little better for that :-)

the UltraPak+ will get you everything they make but not in WAV file form.

I think it doesn't, but again it's hard to be sure ... the link fromUltra+ to OmniPAK suggets it adds "Xtra Style PAKs, XPro PAKs and more!", and I think the 'more' is artist sets and the like, but it's so hard to know!

I'm fully prepared to be corrected, partly because then I'd hopefully have a better grasp of the content. As it is, I(we) waste hours trying to work it out and it's so frustrating.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
You nailed it (twice) by saying it’s hard to be sure. We are fellow users and only PG Music can say for sure.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
... I don't claim that I do fully understand all these Paks,

I feel a little better for that :-)

Same here!

FWIW - the Ultra-Pak, Ultra-Pak+, and audiofile edition all contain the same amount of styles, melodists, soloists, Relatracks, etc. The difference is:
1-Ultra-pak = Realtracks are in compressed form - usually OK for many users including myself
2-Ultra-Pak+ = Realtracks are in compressed form AND included are Band-in-a-Box songs and lesson paks
3-Audiofile Edition = Realtracks in uncompressed form (Wav files) AND included are Band-in-a-Box songs and lesson paks

Nowhere does any of the above say anything about including the extra paks that have been offered every year, thus I don't think they are included.

I know this is as clear as mud.

I hope someone from PGMusic would respond to this thread and tell us exactly what extras, if any, are included in the Ultra-Pak+ and the Audiofile Edition that is not listed in their all package page.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

I know this is as clear as mud.

I hope someone from PGMusic would respond to this thread and tell us exactly what extras, if any, are included in the Ultra-Pak+ and the Audiofile Edition that is not listed in their all package page.
And then make that answer a Sticky post to which we can refer.

Expert
Online Content
Expert
FWIW, the impression I get is that the OmniPAK really does include everything PGM produce ... it even includes PowerTracks Pro Audio and other stuff from the "Other Products" page.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
FWIW, the impression I get is that the OmniPAK really does include everything PGM produce ... it even includes PowerTracks Pro Audio and other stuff from the "Other Products" page.
I thought so, but I would surely like to see a table with checkmarks for what is and is not in each pak.

Part of my problem that shows in my lack of knowledge here is that we users who have been around for decades bought what we have before the nomenclature changed. We just bought the yearly upgrade and had a chance to buy whatever separate packages they were selling. It was simpler in those olden days...

Expert
Online Content
Expert
I thought so, but I would surely like to see a table with checkmarks for what is and is not in each pak.

Part of my problem that shows in my lack of knowledge here is that we users who have been around for decades bought what we have before the nomenclature changed. We just bought the yearly upgrade and had a change to buy whatever separate packages they were selling. It was simpler in those olden days...

I agree entirely with the first part and fully understand the second part. Any lack of knowledge on your part is not, IMHO, any fault of yours.

I fail to see any good reason why the OmniPAK does not appear under BiaB packages and I fail to see why they list the contents of so many other add-ons there when they could simply give a very short precis and a hyperlink to the detailed content of each component. Only things that are exclusive to any package need to be listed with the package. As it is, to try to establish what's where, I find myself searching the text of the omnipak_features page to see if the component or feature is mentioned. That's perverse.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 07/20/22 07:55 AM. Reason: (changed "add-on" to "component"

Expert
Online Content
Expert
Whilst on OmniPAK, there also doesn't seem to be any upgrade path, at least not from my UltraPAK and add-ons ... it's just buy it outright.

That might be the best argument so far for choosing it over the standard Audiophile version.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
For that particular question, I would recommend Live Chat with Sales. I'm reasonably sure you would get some amount of credit.

Veteran
Veteran
Maybe someone who has purchased either the Ultra-Pak+ or the Audiofile Edition can chime in and tell us what is included with the Pak.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Expert
Expert
Mac users can ignore this thread. Nothing here for us:

OmniPak System Requirements

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5
Veteran
Veteran
I thought it was pretty clear in regards to the original question.
OmniPak will not really increase your Styles/Reatracks/Realdrums .. but it will give you other bells and whistles

Audiophile gives you the Ultrapak in higher definition though not more Styles/Reatracks/Realdrums .. just higher bitrates

My suggestion; start with the Ultrapak, if you think you here sound quality issues upgrade to Audiophile

Omnipak seems to include 'everything' (including lessons etc) which is not why I'd buy the program nor pertinent to the original question.

Quote:

I don't think OmniPak has 'more jazz stuff' (at least for generating in BiaB).
I used to get the 'EverythingPak' back when it was available, which seems close to the 'OmniPak' .. and it included a lot of stuff I checked out, but didn't need personally.
Stuff like piano lessons, and some kind of ear training game, etc .. not really related to the core use of BiaB, but could be valuable to some.

Like I said. I'd start low and upgrade as the need arises, but do start with the package (UltraPak) with all the Realtraks/Styles and such.. It'll save $$ down the road.
If you feel the need to upgrade for sound quality later it is pretty affordable. Maybe even beneficial.
Cheaper than adding Styles/Realtracks individually for sure if you get a lesser Pak. Get them all initially in your first package and upgrade as needed.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Expert
Online Content
Expert
It's worth being aware that it sometimes is cheaper to buy and entry-level package and then upgrade, than to buy the top package at the start. As I read the chart at the moment, one can but Pro for $129 and then upgrade to Audiophile for $499, so $628 rather than $699.

Matt, Talking to PGM is a definite if I do decide to go to an OmniPAK. Maybe they don't show that as an option because of allowing for the various other add-ons one may already have. I've clicked the buy via the "My Products" page, but perhaps the online software is limited in what it can do. It may be complicated to handle and a talk likely makes more sense.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
It's worth being aware that it sometimes is cheaper to buy and entry-level package and then upgrade, than to buy the top package at the start. As I read the chart at the moment, one can but Pro for $129 and then upgrade to Audiophile for $499, so $628 rather than $699.

Actually, I thinks it's a little cheaper than that again.
Pro first time purchase (2022 version): $129
Then purchase the Audiophile upgrade from 2021/2022: $479
Total: $608

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Expert
Online Content
Expert
I'm unsure whether that's OK, or whether one has to crossgrade.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 07/21/22 12:20 PM.

Veteran
Veteran
I'm unsure whether that's OK, or whether one has to crossgrade.

Hmmm, you may be correct. I understood that crossgrade was from one platform to the other (Win to Mac).
There's a post here with some discussion on the same subject.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Expert
Online Content
Expert
I'm definitely correct that I'm unsure. laugh

Veteran
Veteran
I'm definitely correct that I'm unsure. laugh

Me too. I call it precision guesswork grin

Expert
Online Content
Expert
I guess something else that may be worth adding is that one could get the Pro version now, live with it's far fewer styles and RealTracks, etc., whilst you learn your way around, and then update to a full package of whatever standard with the new version that's normally(always?) released just before Christmas and sells at an advantageous price.

A caveat is that that the new program is normally a bit 'buggy' for a while and it may be worth keeping the 2022 program in use until the worst of the early bugs are resolved. Even if you update to Audiophile or OnmiPAK, the 2022 program will work OK with most of the new data, as the program itself is the same for all versions.

I upgraded to an UltraPAK a couple of years back and the bugs that year were a bit of a struggle. Last Christmas-ish, I updated to 2022 earlier than I'd intended, as there were good changes and far fewer bug issues. I now have the feeling that my first exposure to that process was very unlucky and that most years the early bugs are fixed reasonably quickly.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I think that ‘normally’ is accurate, and the question mark after ‘always’ is wise.

While you ‘can’ load new material into an older version of BIAB, the difficulty is finding it. You have to know the names and numbers because the new styles and RealTracks won’t show up in the indexing.

Expert
Online Content
Expert
Indeed; and there's no guarantee new material will work, either, as it might rely on new features. But new material is a modest amount of the whole.

I didn't realise BiaB wouldn't even find it.

N
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
Finally purchased the Biab audiophile version

And it asked me to buy some Xtra styles packs
Or some other stuff so who knows lol

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,468
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195