#725214 07/23/22 08:51 PM
Beginners Forum
W
wish Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
W
Hi, there has been a few recent posts about missing real tracks.
Having purchased Ultra Pack 2022 thought I would have all that is available but hopefully this screen shot will open for you and show I am missing quite a few.
Any thoughts
Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ya5w4jxel1fqih/Screenshot%202022-07-24%2016.33.35%282%29.png?dl=0

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK
Xtra packs 1,2,3,4,5,6,13
2019 and 2018 49pak
Asus Zen Book UX533F 1TB ssd
Windows10 pro, 16g i7 64bit
Allen and Heath Z10fx mixer
Alesis V25 controller

wish #725215 07/23/22 10:01 PM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Have you updated to the latest build of 2022?

The most recent version download can be found on this page.

Then do a Rebuild of the StylePicker.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
wish #725228 07/24/22 12:32 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Dead link.
Pretty sure that no matter what spec BB you have inc Ultra etc it will NOT include any Extra styles packs or XPro packs (you buy them separately as Extras) and any Bonus packs issued annually with earlier versions.
HYH
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
wish #725233 07/24/22 01:20 AM
Beginners Forum
W
wish Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
W
Sorry sixchannell, are you sure or just pretty sure that your assumption is correct.
I thought there I purchased all the real tracks available.
If you know for sure, let’s know.
Cheers

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK
2019 and 2018 49pak
Alesis V25 controller

wish #725234 07/24/22 01:24 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Here's a working copy of the link

As has been correctly mentioned, many of the Xtra Styles and Xtra paks are just as they state: 'extras', and not necessarily included in the main product purchase (Pro, Mega, Ultra, Audiophile etc).

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
wish #725235 07/24/22 01:26 AM
Beginners Forum
W
wish Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
W
Thanks Audio Track …will try that update, but have had this 2022 version since it was released.
Cheers

Last edited by wish; 07/24/22 01:28 AM.

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK
2019 and 2018 49pak
Alesis V25 controller

AudioTrack #725236 07/24/22 01:32 AM
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Here's a working copy of the link

As has been correctly mentioned, many of the Xtra Styles and Xtra paks are just as they state: 'extras', and not necessarily included in the main product purchase (Pro, Mega, Ultra, Audiophile etc).

... though I believe they are in the OmniPAK.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Gordon Scott #725238 07/24/22 01:50 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
... though I believe they are in the OmniPAK.

I'm pretty sure you are correct Gordon. But with so much ongoing user confusion with the paks and contents and extras and what's in and what's out, I didn't feel safe to go that far wink
Thanks for your bravery! grin

wish #725239 07/24/22 02:07 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I’m not sure. Aren’t there some purchases, as mentioned, that appear as a one-time bonus? Are they available if you didn’t buy them at the time? Has that question ever been answered?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Matt Finley #725245 07/24/22 03:37 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I’m not sure. Aren’t there some purchases, as mentioned, that appear as a one-time bonus? Are they available if you didn’t buy them at the time? Has that question ever been answered?

That's another good question of which I do not know the answer. Previously, some items have certainly been promoted as having limited availability (I think).

AudioTrack #725248 07/24/22 03:59 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

That's another good question of which I do not know the answer. Previously, some items have certainly been promoted as having limited availability (I think).

I wish a representative of PGMusic would answer these questions once and for all. This topic has come up a number of times and I think PGMusic owes it to its customers to answer these question and to put that answer on the package page.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
wish #725253 07/24/22 04:19 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
It's generally a good idea to update from the factory fresh version to get the first couple of updates. This is especially true if you are experiencing any kind of issue that seems abnormal.

There's no need to update if your version is doing everything you want and expect from it. But if you have weird things going on or a missing something or other, do the updates.

This has fixed more than on issue with my copy.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
MarioD #725263 07/24/22 05:57 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
FWIW I think PGMusic has indeed spoken on this issue.
Various extras offered in a given year may or may not be included in the next year's product.

So knowing that, it's a definite maybe. smile

/I didn't like the answer either
// but I do think the list should be accessible/available
/// I also think the 'missing' list should account for the version you have, as in 'you have all the stuff that came with your version, but here's some other stuff you might be interested in' type of approach .. plus I made it to three slashies!

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
wish #725276 07/24/22 07:27 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Well, thanks for clearing this up, Bob!

You and I have been here among the longest, and we aren’t sure how to advise people definitively. I think that says we do need a better description of what’s what.

Over the decades, I bought most but not all that was offered. I have no way of knowing what I did not buy may or may not be included in later versions. Is it good business to charge for some extra, only to roll it into the regular package in future versions? I don’t think so, and it’s my impression with no data to back this up, that they did not do this often.

I like the suggestions that What Add-Ins Do I Have could be refined. It could show what should be installed based on what you bought (a tough one unless you bought from PG Music and connect to their records of your account).

Ideally this would also show what products you don’t have along with a way to purchase them.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
wish #725279 07/24/22 08:15 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Just thinking out loud but XtraStyle PAKs and XproStyle PAKs are about style collections, not RealTracks.

Also per the +++ OmniPAK webpage +++ there is nothing said about additional RealTracks.
Quote:
The PG Music OmniPAK Audiophile Edition is full of amazing music production and creativity programs, hundreds of songs for fun and learning, reams of music to view and print, PLUS volumes of documentation, biographies, and trivia.

Everyone, except rharv, talks about how confusing PG Music marketing is but when someone asks a question about RealTracks the response is about styles and accessories. crazy

Last edited by Jim Fogle; 07/25/22 08:42 AM. Reason: added rharv comment. :)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
wish #725281 07/24/22 08:49 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
FWIW
Quote:
.. Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2021 49-PAK, and you'll receive 40 Bonus Unreleased RealTracks, MultiStyles PAK 1, ..

(bold is my emphasis)
There are indeed occasions where you may get RTs that may or may not be released later
Jim, I didn't change over to styles vs RTs at all in my response

https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2021.htm

Quote:
Is it good business to charge for some extra, only to roll it into the regular package in future versions? I don’t think so, and it’s my impression with no data to back this up, that they did not do this often.

Matt, yes we have been here forever and it is unclear at times, but I am sure PGMusic has stated that sometimes the 49Pak stuff gets released later, but the benefit is you get it it 'now' so I do not see how this is a bad business practice. That's why most people do not have ALL the RTs .. you would have had to get 'everything' since day one. My guess is neither you nor I have 'everything', even though I got the EverythingPak back when it was a thing ..

Last edited by rharv; 07/24/22 09:12 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
wish #725299 07/24/22 12:39 PM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Exactly. That is my guess also. That's why I don't answer those questions about "how many styles should I have" or "how many RealTracks should I have".

wish #725334 07/25/22 03:02 AM
Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The answers are sprinkled in through this thread. To summarize, the UltraPAK and higher includes all of the RealTracks sets, and RealTracks are a different type of add-on from Styles. The Xtra Styles PAKs and XPro styles PAKs are not included in the main Band-in-a-Box PAKs. The Omni is the exception because this PAK includes the Xtras as well as other software that is not related to Band-in-a-Box. Occasionally there have been special offers in the past, for those who qualify, where they can get the UltraPAK and the Xtra Styles for a reduced price. To know if you have the Xtras, you can check the My Products page of your account, or contact us directly and we can double check your records.

Best,
Chantelle
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
The answers are sprinkled in through this thread.

Hopefully this is not the dumbest of questions. But are these add-ons forward compatible?

For example, if I were to purchase an UltraPak or an XtraStyles say in 2022 would they be compatible and usable with BiaB 2024?

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
The answers are sprinkled in through this thread. To summarize, the UltraPAK and higher includes all of the RealTracks sets, and RealTracks are a different type of add-on from Styles. The Xtra Styles PAKs and XPro styles PAKs are not included in the main Band-in-a-Box PAKs. The Omni is the exception because this PAK includes the Xtras as well as other software that is not related to Band-in-a-Box. Occasionally there have been special offers in the past, for those who qualify, where they can get the UltraPAK and the Xtra Styles for a reduced price. To know if you have the Xtras, you can check the My Products page of your account, or contact us directly and we can double check your records.

Thanx so much for clearing this up Chantelle. This information should be pined at the top of the BiaB forum and on the packages page.

Edit - typo

Last edited by MarioD; 07/25/22 02:26 PM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,516
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193