You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#725453 - 07/26/22 07:09 AM [User Showcase] There Was A Time (A New Song
Loc: United Kingdom
Robert1752 Offline
Enthusiast

A new song with BAIB. with my own lyrics(Not very good with lyrics!.... so be kind)

https://soundcloud.com/robert-henry-843621731/there-was-a-time-vocal

The style used:- SWABBIE.STY. Swabbie Autoharp Folk Waltz

Bass Real 1122 Bass, Acoustic, Country Waltz Swing 110
Drums Real Drums Gypsy Jazz Waltz Swing
Piano Real 2709 Autoharp, Rhythm Old Time Slow Waltz Swing 085
Guitar Real 3176 Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Campfire Slow Waltz Swing 085
Strings Real 2054 Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Country Waltz Brent Swing 110

EZkeys was used to create a piano part.

Vocaloid "AMY" was used as the singer.

lyrics

There was a time, we were together
Our lives were in sync
but now it feels we’ve grown apart
Nothing I do, seems pleasing for you
My love, my lover

There were moments, so precious
We were inseparable. We were so in love
We were so in love, but now it’s all changed
Worlds apart

I want my lover, the man, the man,
you once were to me
Please, oh please, be that man again
be that loving man for me

Oh!.. how I miss those good precious times
Togetherness. Hands in hands
walking by the beach, in love
as lovers, lovers do

now there are distances between us
how did we get here
when did we drifted so far apart

Our lives were in sync
but now it feels we’ve grown apart
Nothing I do, seems pleasing for you
My love, my lover

There was a time, we were one

#725460 - 07/26/22 09:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Robert1752]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

That was a pleasant listen.

I'm not sure what kind of recommendations or advice you are seeking regarding the song itself. So I will simply say.... nice job.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#725510 - 07/26/22 06:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Robert1752]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Online   content
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Robert,

I think you've made the Vocaloid sing a sweet melody!

Rob

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

#725540 - 07/26/22 08:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Robert1752]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Robert,

Very pretty arrangement . . . and it’s a well-written song with a nice melody that fall soft on the ears. For me, the vocaloid, while mostly effective, is a bit tinny (high-end) and I would have liked some warmth on it . . . so maybe play a bit with the EQ (though I think a live singer, if available to you, might be the better option for a song as pretty as this). From an arrangement perspective, I think the song may benefit from more of an intro before the vocal begins. But apart from those nits, it’s a lovely song and a nice mix. Well done!

All my best,

Deej

#725546 - 07/26/22 10:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Robert1752]
Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
NigelSpiers Offline
Expert

Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
Hi Robert,

Not sure about the Vocaloid - it is extremely sibilant.

I know you have a good voice - how about giving it a go.

Best Regards
Nigel

#725563 - 07/27/22 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Robert1752]
Loc: Florida
Billybmusic Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
Hi Robert,
First off very nice music and lyric. I have songs that have the same progression (different than yours of course) throughout. In a critique i had gotten with one of my songs was. Again this is my song i speak about as a reference to think about. I was told by the person doing the critique they felt my song felt redundant to them. They told me to listen to my song from their point of view saying that what they heard was (Nice) but the feeling never changes so i took their advice and changed some things. An example of this is changing the dynamics so it builds to a chorus. Intro's ,solo's & bridges etc. are things that helped me as i thought about what if anything i wanted to change.
I also learned critiques are one opinion so take what you can use at any given time and disregard the rest because you ultimately are the one who needs to be happy with your work!

#726036 - 07/30/22 07:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Robert1752]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Lovely tune Robert. excellent listen. Well done

#726836 - 08/06/22 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Scott C]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

very nice song.

while listening, even tho' the vocaloid is nice....
i was wondering if a female vocalist would really have a lovely impact on the song. just an idea cos its such a nice waltz.

happiness

om

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/tracks

#727370 - 08/11/22 04:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Robert1752]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Virginia USA
Nice melody with a melancholic feel to match the sentiment of the lyrics. Instrumentation is a good fit.

#727386 - 08/11/22 07:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Robert1752]
Loc: Japan
Chimble Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Japan
I enjoyed your song. The vocal was very pretty, but I'm not crazy about the artifacts. If I was going suggest anything, it would be to consider making the different sections of the song a bit more distinct. Any way, nice job!

#727401 - 08/12/22 05:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: There Was A Time (A New Song [Re: Robert1752]
Robert1752 Offline
Enthusiast

Thank you all for all your encouraging and constructive comments. For those of you who suggested I should try and follow a solid structure ie: Verse Chorus Verse Bridge etc. Normally I would have followed such format. As I was developing the song, It felt more like going into a free form structure as the words were coming through. Guess If I wanted to spend a little more time, I would Have made it the necessary changes. But, as I was progressing very quickly with the progression. I was liking it more and more as it was. It felt so different to the norm, enough to make it kind of "unique"
I guess it was not meant to follow those strict rules.
As to using "Vocaloids" for my songs!... I don't have easy access to proper singers who would do me the honours of singing for me. So my thinking is that.... If there is a singer out here who finds my compositions interesting enough to have a crack at singing it. then please let me know if they would be willing to DM me for a possible collaboration!.....
As for "ME" doing the singing!.................Err!... Maybe not... I definitely do not have a singing voice!.....So I will pass on that idea.

Thank you all.

PG Music News
RealBand 2023 is Here!

Just released - RealBand 2023!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2023, including RealChart generation for RealDrums, MIDI Vocoder and Fix Tuning modes for Audio Harmonies, MicroChords (up to 4 chords per beat), RealDrum Stems support, Playable RealTracks to customize the RealTracks performances by adding your own notes, Reverse Audio Effects, easy Tab key navigation on the Chords Window, smoother mouse wheel operation on the Tracks Window, the EZ RealTracks/RealDrums folder locations dialog, and much more!

RealBand 2023 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here - and it's on SALE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here, and it includes over 70 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!

You don't need to go out and buy a Jukebox - if you're using Band-in-a-Box®, you already have one!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® SGU files within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening pleasure!

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box®, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual, here. Mac too!

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36762 Members
64 Forums
76137 Topics
673312 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Rahul Kumar, Camron, Bozze, World Access, KuribohG

36762 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 207
Matt Finley 193