Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

The new link you posted is interesting but not what I expected.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (301.47 KB, 60 downloads)
Clipboard02.jpg (427.66 KB, 56 downloads)
HTTP is now HTTPS. Success !!!

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
One of the bizarre things about this is that you shouldn't even need to be a business to set up a secure server, all they're doing is setting up a verification certificate that assures encryption of the traffic.

It's another issue with processing credit cards, but most organisations use a third party for that, as I think you do.<...snip...>

Definitely. I can code a basic website, but don't have the knowledge to create a bulletproof shopping cart.

I could probably learn, but instead I could take the time to make more style and fake e-disks, learn and sequence more backing tracks for my duo, gig 14-16 one-nighters (mostly in the daytime) per month, and spend some quality time with my best friend, Mrs. Notes.

I started with Americart, which was bought by some company with initials for a name (I forget) but still called Americart, then by Americommerce, then by Sparkpay/Capital One, then back by Americommerce and now cart dot com.

The shopping cart has always been secure. They have always had that all important S.

Because I am more careful about my customer's safety than my own, I do not download their credit card numbers to my computer, and I have the cart erase them so many days after I resolve the order. Furthermore, I take all my customer's, personal data like name, address e-mail, etc., and transfer it to a computer that has an encrypted hard drive and is never-ever connected to the Internet.

I feel I have a responsibility to do everything I can to protect the data my customers trust me with.

I've been in the mail-order turned internet-order business since 1990. I've never taken a business course, but go by one rule. Treat my customers the way I would want to be treated if I were the customer.

After that, it's all paperwork and dealing with my silent partners who take a piece of everything (shopping cart, credit card authorization service, credit card merchant's account, bank, insurance company, web host, state tax man, federal tax man, local taxing authority and now the S company). Fortunately, they leave me the crumbs off the table.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Bob,

The new link you posted is interesting but not what I expected.

That's just proof I'm certified.

Go to https://www.nortonmusic.com and see the little padlock icon to the left of my address.

It makes me feel proud and gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Perhaps if it weren't so difficult, I wouldn't be so elated about having it.

Notes ♫

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
Veteran
Veteran
That is a shame you had to do those hurdles. My website host took care of that for me as part of their annual fee. I use a business credit card with that account, perhaps that kept them from demanding other proof (which, in New York, is handled by each county).

I’m glad it’s solved.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Matt

Sometime life gives me stumbling blocks. All's well that ends well, I guess. It was frustrating, I lost my temper once, but I guess I could use the adrenalin once in a great while. And I found if I yell, then apologize, the guy on the other end of the phone actually sympathized with me and tried harder to help. I'll file that away in case I need it in the future.

Oh, and I do get the increased fee.

As the situation finally got resolved, the problem seems to have been on DigiCert's end. But the solution was really weird.

They wanted proof I am a business, and I furnished, county license, state sales tax forms, website with shopping cart, pre-internet receipts when I was mail-order selling BiaB add-ons, business bank account, visa/mc merchant's account, visa/mc authorization company, and a few other things.

Because I didn't have a utility bill with my phone number on it (I use auto-pay) they didn't think I was legit. Think about that for a while.

Then finally someone at DigiCert did a Google search and found me, called the phone number listed, and said, "Now we can approve you." Go figure.

Seems to me what I furnished was a lot more difficult to forge than getting found on a Google search, but then, that's just me.

In retrospect, that's pretty funny.

The good thing is I own the certification, and it's not tied to the web host. If the web host starts screwing up, I can change easily. Since my shopping cart is also independent, there would be minimal problems.

I've been with this web host since they were the 4th company to buy out my original CyberGate web host. Unless things change, I'm not going anywhere, but it's nice to know I can.

We had a nice morning gig today, that went long, and I'm tired (a good kind of tired). So tomorrow I am going to resend my new product info with the secure announcement. Hopefully that'll make the people who want the software but were put off by the warnings feel better and be able to enjoy the new toys.

Notes ♫

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,400
Posts732,554
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199