Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Yesterday was part 3 of the treatment phase. I noticed in the morning that the tumor on Tuesday felt kinda like putting your hand around an hand grenade in my neck and wow, it was really smaller! (I wrote that off to imagination).

I was so lethargic it was almost illegal. Not tired. Stare ahead lethargic. Worried about depression. I had to be at the hospital about 12:30 for blood work at the Cancer clinic.

I left early. scared to fall asleep. Must have taken an hour to assemble what I 'needed'. It's only 4 blocks or so, though it's a conservation area all the way from my home in a straight line to the hospital.

Once there you put your health card number into a computer, then your password, and it asks you 10 questions, level of pain, anxiety, your appetite, stuff like that. The it prints a graph, but your sheet goes into everyone you see's computer. A barometer if you wish. Then off to the ever present Tim Horton's. That's a coffee shop/doughnut shop, sandwich soup place that about 40 percent of Canadians visit daily. I go 3 times a year, but I needed OJ. There were at least 400 people in the Atrium. (4 levels). Up a level to the blood letters. They already know me. The nurse said .."It's Irish John" and I said, "Mais Non, it's Frenchy John today, Montreal won the hockey eh?" She burst out a laughing and asked how often I was going to make her day and I gave her a story about the wife liked to be happy at leasss two time a week and she should get same ting." Then I pulled out the blood work requisitions 2 for every week for the next 7 weeks and asked her to choose a card..."

Out of there and down a level, now a guy with a guitar and small amp, and a guy with an upright bass are setting up. Both over 70. Even the Bass Fiddle guy had a small amp. I could tell they got those tube amps in WW2 or about, or I'll find out yet.

Wow, and laid back...Summertime rolled off the gear like honey on a cold day, every note a sweet complement to the next. Lifted my spirits.

The radiation suites number A to G, change rooms, no waiting, if you in queue just find a change room, stuff your gear in a wooden locker and take a key. Usually a 20 to 30 minute deal, someone ahead, not in my case.

My first and only time in the area with E F and G suites. I'm in F. Ask the nurse, you like French Suites? Oh Oh, this one never met me yet. She says, um no? I say, I love Bach, and an early recording of this by Glen Gould is a favorite of mine. She says it's ten minutes more. A guy from Manitoulin Island comes in with his wife. Another guy like me, with the gullible wife is sitting there. The weigh scale is really big. (Wheelchair type). She asks why, and he says see, after 4 when the close they use this for animals, H is for horse, F for foal, and G for Goat. She's 70 or so and buys this hook line and sinker. I enter in by stating they sure clean the place up well from being a barn at midnight and ready for us. Oh man we had that poor woman spinning. This wing is laid out oddly. 3 machines. Most of the traffic is people on stretchers straight outta an concentration camp movie. They are keeping some of the people out of the atrium, hidden in a back area, and I'm overflow for only one day, all the rest of the schedule has me on the other side of the floor area, which is about 400 by 400 feet. No wonder, no hair, no body fat, no teeth, these are people mostly headed to the other side fast. That realization was a smack.

I get the mask of Zorro on, lay on the contraption and that machine that's the size of 3 volkswagens starts to spin and rotate and move the bed and spin me around. Get dressed and head to a consult with the radiation team, once a week, every Thursday. A drop dead gorgeous nurse first. She flirts, I must be the youngest guy so far LOL. She reads my 3 days of graphs. I'm reading a book on the Musical Brain, we have a short discussion on that, and the influence of music on healing. In comes a dietician, and we do the switch. She gives me a book with recipes, general information, and a 24 hour hot line to call about nutrition, pain, constipation, and other great news. Tells me she's going to see me every week, assess my weight, my hydration etc.

Next the doc pops his head in. He's East Indian, got a medical degree in France, Oncology in Cardiff Wales, Radiology in Canada, and has written 3 major papers, Radiation on Neck Cancers, Prostate Cancer, and Breast Cancer. He apologizes for bursting in on the dietician,but tells me pay close attention, and bring your wife sometime on Thursday, the team on diet should include the four of us, and says I'll be back soon. I was a bit astounded by that, lots of docs would have ...you know.

He came back Dr V for short, and is happy about the tumour, gives me the heads up about eat everything I can, order pizza, have a beer (but not 4), have ice cream, stock up now. He puts his hand on me and says "You are strong, and have a head start, don't quit..and here's a prescription for 2 things, rinse, swallow, one's a steroid for sores, the other an anti-fungal, they are important. Just go up a level to the pharmacy.

On the way the duet is into changing songs, I hear, "Black Orpheus". I hope most people don't equate Orpheus with the tragedy part but the beautiful voice part. But they are sparkles of gold. The Bassist catches my eye, sees me look at his chart and tilts his head, to me and I say, "Bass solo on Am, next"..he winks...about 3 minutes later I'm headed to the elevators to the pharmacy and damned if he isn't into it. I wave the cane.

Two big bottle of medicine more, dang I need to clean out a closet for this stuff.

I looked at the map. This place treats on a regional basis everyone from Manitoulin to Sarnia, and about 1/10 the population of the province. They have a motel/rooming house I used to inspect, and shuttle busses. They also have volunteer drivers everywhere, so if you live in Sarnia, 60 miles away, a guy drives you there, and home, free. If you drive over 40k you get cash per mile and meals paid, the guy a head of me was trying to ensure he got a receipt.

Economy is one thing that came to mind. South I'd guess the Baptist Hospital and the Lutheran Hospital might each have one machine, and a sort of team, and you'd be taken to a sales room, and given packages on why here, etc...that happened to me with a weird eye condition my daughter has, not covered yet due to the newness of the treatment, I had people with laser therapy done there on posters with some Admin/sales guy selling me a mercedes, not a doc.

I'm going to spend the next blog on here with Band in a Box and what goes there, and maybe some more humour.

I love you too Don, I get outta this thing and I'm coming to visit, put that in the freakin bank, and I might bring a Rose....

How many musical songs with Rose...
Sweet gypsy Rose? LOL. That's an image to ponder.

Oh and Dr. V was surprised I knew he spoke French... I'm bonding with the team.

I still marvel at how per capital you guys to the south pay more than we do for health care, yet ours is free. Of course I didn't pay for the diet book, the blood letting, the computer print outs, the mask and fitting, the jazz duet is volunteer, the drivers are too. There are spiritual chapels of every type, and others to explore, (yoga/meditation etc.). At the end of the day my debt will be gratitude, and I'll probably play the piano in the atrium....I won't lose the house...and live in an apartment.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
OK, it's not free, that's taxes I know.

But if it was your brother...? And he's losing his house. You know it makes me happy to know that no matter what, we are treated the same.

New Supreme Court ruling here. If you cannot get the treatment in Canada because of 'shortage or not yet done here', our health insurance must pay the costs for the US hospital...at their rate..." 'Struth! Just about 4 weeks ago. There is still logic somewhere on the bench. And there is no health care lobby money anywhere near our government, that's illegal.

The difference between illegal and unlawful is well known to the Oakies close to Don, you take yer Ill eagle to the vet.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We here in the US have the most expensive health care in the world. And according to our own government we rank 49th in terms of life expectancy https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html. To me that says the expensive health care is not the answer. (Canada ranks 7th).

In fact, of the 24 industrialized countries, 23 of them have socialized medicine, and they all rank above the USA in terms of life expectancy.

And as much as the Obamacare is a step in the right direction, it still isn't the answer.

The answer is to go completely socialized and get rid of the insurance companies. After all, almost half of the money we pay for care goes to the insurance companies, and they do nothing but shuffle paper around. The insurance companies never cured anyone. But they make billions and billions and billions of dollars, skimming it off of what we pay for health care.

Good luck with your treatment John. I do hope you heal quickly and completely.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Notes, I'm not trying to launch the debate, but provide, like you 'insights' into how it works here. My 2nd eldest son worked for 3 years at the provincial head office for CancerCare. Here the feds kick the cash, the provinces spend it according to guidelines.

The regional system didn't seem logical to me until I got into it. I counted my team yesterday, 32 and growing. And they stop me in the hall, I've been there 5 times, twice to get things started, and now every week day for 7 weeks plus a followup week.

It's a contrast, in many ways. Not trying to do the right and wrong, but show how it works here. Or doesn't I'd be all over that. The only complaint so far is the docs want control, and I'm a control freak. I've explained they have to speak plain language, and communicate, not leave me to speculate.

And if you hear, between the lines, panic, despair, why me, what next, well that's all there in this process. And the group here has been fantastic, my other groups, my facebook friends, family, all of them too.

I really appreciate my Masonic friends, the 5 or 6 main groups all have experienced people who know how to call, how long to talk, and then report back, if you want visitors, you get them, if you want phone calls you get them, and if you want nothing you can get that too. Very understanding those lads. I counted heavily on my sick committees when I was in charge.

I was warned about voice changes yesterday. That freaked me out. He put his hand on my shoulder and told me he's in charge of the aim of the radiation, and his prudence and experience would help him do his best to ensure my voice is back to normal after. I guess he saw the fear. I have a new voice, totally to do with the Bose, it was always there, but the Audix mic and Bose just rounded out the basso profundo I hid for so many years, though it, like all my instruments needs work.

I got the AKAI 4000s EWI, and am going to have fun, the trumpet fingering is dropping the learning curve, until my mouth and throat are too sore to blow the thing for a month or so.

Thanks for the encouragement, I've always looked up to you and your success as a barometer of how far Band in a Box and talent can take a 'group'.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Citaat:

The answer is to go completely socialized and get rid of the insurance companies. After all, almost half of the money we pay for care goes to the insurance companies, and they do nothing but shuffle paper around. The insurance companies never cured anyone. But they make billions and billions and billions of dollars, skimming it off of what we pay for health care.

Bingo. That and the lawsuit-thing the doctors (read: patients) have to pay. We also had a change in health care recently, involving more involvement of the insurance companies. In just three years the medical costs skyrocketed. We now pay a considerable amount of money (mandatory) for healthcare, but when you do have to go to see a doctor, dentist or whatever kind of care you might need: it's there for you. Won't cost you anything. Doesn't matter who you are: you'll get the best medical care available.

I think it is safe to say that John now is the most radiating and shining man in this community
Beautiful nurses, drugs by the kilo and music in the hallway: I'd say John leeds a life of Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll
Good to see you're able and willing to write an elaborate report of your ordeal. Thank you for that, and keep posting them! Hang in there John, I want to see a picture of you shaking hands with Don!

Mike

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John, I love reading your epistles. You could write an uplifting and very absorbing book; ever thought about that?
I don't know enough people with your wonderful melange of wit, sang-froid, and fortitude. Hang in there, the journey owes you and you'll soon be back to the shore, I know it.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
John all I have is a simple prayer, be well and be blessed. You are in the prayers of many.
Wyndham

Off-Topic
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
John C,

Thanks for the excellent updates. Your writing makes it possible for us to just about see it all happening.

Best,

Off-Topic
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
John,
I'm also following your day by day stories like a series of installments in a periodical, and I second Skyline's suggestion above. They are absorbing and brilliantly written. Here at Chez Shackman you are remembered in prayer each day.

No need for me to reiterate my feelings about UHC here again; Notes and Mike have covered the major points well enough above.
God bless.

John

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well it was a bit of a nothing day so to speak. Slept too much, went for radiation at 4, took an hour, tumour is down to less than 50 percent of it's size on Monday, saw my surgeon at the elevator, he was happy with that, and we had a discussion re a 'diagnosis' which for me is a potential major sticking point due to my employment history. He was very supportive of being able to provide assistance, and the staff were there useful helpful self.

My wife caught the bus and met me at the hospital and drove me home and I'm already at 7 in my sweats watching a baseball game and drinking water from the tap.

Anyone for Band in a Box on floppies, I found some!

Imagine the audiophile edition on floppies??? All 1000 of them? or more?

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

John, I love reading your epistles. You could write an uplifting and very absorbing book; ever thought about that?
I don't know enough people with your wonderful melange of wit, sang-froid, and fortitude. Hang in there, the journey owes you and you'll soon be back to the shore, I know it.

a HUGE +1 to Skyline's comment.

All the best, John.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Quote:

Notes

Bob: I think you nailed it - particularly about the insurance companies.

John: Thanks for the interesting and humourous post. I don't know how you do it, but I'm trying to learn. Keep on truckin'. In a few years it'll be my turn, and I'm learning a lot from you (diagonosed with CLL ten years ago, and it just keeps creeping up on me - blood tests every three months).

Glenn

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I've reflected on the comments and have churned this as a tentative canned response. I spent the better part of 30 years in first responder work as a firefighter. Everything from chemical emergencies to auto accidents.

The black humour thing pervades the fire service. No way you understand that unless you were at real war seeing real casualties or in real front line stuff. You only, in real life, catch of glimpse of that on TV shows, most like MASH. A lot of the other stuff is so unrealistic when you compare that show to say CSI XX or House etc. The latter shows, are, for the those who know little about the business 90 percent fake.

At a certain point,due to my declining health, my doc suggested selling the business my wife and I had, or to just work on the Fire Department. The Fire Department has posted an 'day' job as an Inspector/Investigator, 12 weeks training, and a bump to Captain. I sold the business (to a degree my Unix shop leaving never left me); along with my wife who still runs the place, and went to school again. It was a stepping stone where I made it to the final spot as Deputy Chief and got told after the uniform fitting that council hired a woman, and later again to the last spot tied and jumped over for a guy 12 years younger than I who resigned as Union President on Monday to take the job on Tuesday. It was for the better believe me.

So all those hours, first dealing with things the old way, blood on your gear, so what, chemicals, sniff sniff yup, burned lungs from chemicals, lay down at work and we'll see how you are later. The deaths, the stupidity of some guy who turned too fast on his new motorcycle, pumping blood from a femoral artery we can't find in the dark, the kid with the mop of hair, senior football jacket snugged up against you as you waited for the ambulance that showed as his live blood drained down your leg in the cold autumn air. Another life gone. You can't sleep, you make morbid jokes, you dick around with each other, pouring water sown the pole hole on you friend, anything to make the moment leave you.

The autopsies. None of them has ever left me. I was always way oddball. I played hockey but I also brought in recordings of Bach Cantatas with scores, I read classical literature, but Field and Stream too, I hunted but went to the opera. ODD John. And I spoke fluent French, which here was a 'hated' thing.

I slept till 8 this morning, 2 hours longer. 2 hours on the couch before lunch. 3 hours after. The baseball game (Toronto) was out of control, I lost interest, fell asleep, and now see they won 16 to 10 I hate those games really. Just got a juice and some pills and trying to chill for another 5 or 6 hours of sleep.

The honest to God Monday hand grenade that stuck out of my neck is now a 1 inch round nut. Almost gone. Too bad another week and it's not over, the worst is yet to come and then the best I hope. They are doing all they can to slowly make me aware that I won't swallow in about 10 days. Scary that.

I met my primary surgeon in the hall this afternoon. We had a discussion about diagnosis. The legislation that permits a firefighter to be compensated for occupational illness is rather narrow if there is no diagnosis. He and his partner, another surgery fellow, just released a paper on HPV and oral cancer in a major publication. There is a definite link. Here the controversy is that this sexually transmitted disease hits mostly young teen girls, so the government sends you home a form and asks if you wish to opt in to a vaccination plan. Of course your daughter in 7th grade is taken with all the other girls out of the room so no one knows who's in or out, and they come back. The boys are 'interested'. Quite the quandary that. A little more than the H1N1 or regular flu shot you get here at the corner drug store. It needs to be there not in the schools, but the sex ed teachers are pushing it.

No need to expound further on your views on that, I know the gamut. My 19 year old, high school graduate daughter, who has no clue what she wants to do is phobic about needles. I'm taking her to one cancer clinic visit for the 5 hour chemo and a radiation visit, on the guise of learning what types of jobs are in health care, and then putting the HPV thing on her plate. Her decision. 7 weeks of chemo and radiation, or a needle. She can't tell me she's NOT active, I just know and don't care to.

That was a tangent.

As for me I think of you Don all the time. I can't imagine how you were doing 'on your own' without the place you are now. I wonder if you need a Kindle, a bottle of maple syrup, or a rose in yer..never mind.

Band in a box is to a degree a loner's game. We replace, out of necessity, or in some other way, the real musicians we might play with. I get to do both, but I isolate myself with the program, and it helps with the group thing later. My wife asked about it vis a vis the 2 old jazzers and they need Band in a Box like a hole in the head in that Atrium. They do need a Bose, but 20 feet away they are magic, the electric guitar picking and strumming, plucking and teasing through the piece, it needs nothing more. Perhaps they sit at home wanting to have another play along or not. They seem like we've done this so long you could hear the other guy and pause for him.

A little story to follow for bedtime:

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My family came together, Irish and Scots, north of Toronto to the east of Lake Simcoe. Now a mere 4 hour drive from where we lived all our lives, it was the area Mom and Dad lived, the relatives all farmers, their parents the first if the few who had left. My grandfathers were soldiers to me. Despite the fact that Dad's was WW1 he worked at a munitions factory until well after WW2, and my Mom's grandfather was a corporal/baker in an artillery unit on the east Coast of England near London for the duration. My Dad's brother was in the RCAF for a full tour, then with the RAF as a commissioned officer for the duration. The early years from the start to 56 or so seemed to me like the war was everywhere.

All our relatives of any consequence had farms. We spent the summers shipped off, and getting together. My father and brother lost their mother to cancer when they were under 5 and my grandfather never married. He painted railway bridges, then started a decorating business. The family method of caring for kids was to lend them. At 5, off goes Johnny to work on uncle Ned's farm. Work at 5, right. But Dad and the rest came up for 2 weeks of camping. The east field was cleared of sheep, there were picknick tables, and ww2 surplus tents. More leeches in that lake than weeds. Grandfather burned them off 3 shivering white/blue skinny boys with his cigarette, and we laughed if he found one up in "never never land" and had to be careful. If you missed one it turned huge and dark, parked against some part you wanted no one to touch."

Up at 4:30. Pump up a coal oil lantern. Bacon and eggs, cold milk, all skin and bones, John David, Thomas Mark, and Philip James. Prayers for the fishing. Dad hauled out his rod and reel, and the 3 of us had 12 foot long bamboo poles Dad had spent hours on, got them at the Rug Store where they came from the Far East around some rug and the owner gave them to Dad for a quarter each. He put black line around them, a leader, and a hook. We had worms he picked with us the night before. Shivering, that I remember. Treck over to the creek, climb the fence. We were supposed to be quiet, don't scare the fish. I'm 7 my youngest brother 4. Shhh...giggle.

As soon as it was light I'd make decision to scare up a frog. You'd hook that through the snout and catch a nice bass for breakfast, or wander up the creek without you moron brother mad at the 'squitos. Bull Frogs the size of dinner plates, fun to catch, but we didn't eat frog legs at the time...LOL. Finally a frog, try and get it and the torch (flashlight) back to Dad. The light would come up and we'd have 4 or 5 keepers and we'd go back, Uncle Ned had a cleaning table by the water. Mom and one of the girls up, the other still in her belly, the 5 of us waiting in the dewy July morning for Uncle Ned. Fresh warm milk from the separator. A quart of cream. Fresh hot bread, just made. We'd have more toast by the fire. Eating breaded smallmouth, eggs, drinking warm milk, the sun slowly getting us warmed up for a day of driving to other farms, other relatives, new bees nests, a day old calf at Uncle Dan's or a litter of pigs at Uncle Angus's. Food and huge gardens. Haylofts and sunlight on the bales, jumping where we shouldn't. Scraped knees. Old great aunts in rockers peeling potatoes, Uncle Angus smoking a pipe, hat on in the house over a whisp of hair, checked shirt, old cane chair with captain's arms, reading the farmer's news. He was a former member of parliament, a big shot amongst farmers, you'd have never know it. Few words. He only took the pipe out to eat or spit, or go to church. Suspenders over bony shoulders, could fix any machine in an hour Dad said. Spoke Gaelic to his wife. He died at 90, no pipe for the last year, the lip cancer got him, way too young my Grandad said. Men in Islay used to always go over 100. Hm..or drowned or starved I think..however. Uncle Angus would start a hymn, pull out the pipe while lighting it, the women folk and my parents would start it up, and he'd stop, stick the pipe in his mouth and listen. Potatoes for every meal, along with gravy. Never heard the words hard times. Some stuff grew, others didn't. The green beans by the house were no good this year, black spots, but Uncle Dan has bushels, they shared.

I was explaining the logistics of Dad making the fishing poles. Now I can see him out the back of the house, on a couple of saw horses. We got the first car in 54, before that we piled in my Grandparent's car, 7 of us. That was a 51 Dodge. I remember going to get the bamboo canes, they went into the trunk. Given that the trunk was under 5 feet long, those 12 foot fishing rods were really about 3 feet long. I discussed this with the TV turned off as my youngest brother was here the other night. The hockey game was between periods, I muted it. We agreed, the 12 foot pole was due to being less than 3 feet tall or whatever. We also wondered why we never did that stuff with our kids. Are they lost?

As we left the farm they sang "Abide with me". Mom sang alto. My Dad tried to carry the tune in a washbin, a bucket wouldn't have fit.

It's funny cause Dad looks like Uncle Angus now. Never smoked. Never drank. He has a hymn book from the Baptist church, he's now 62 years as treasurer though my second brother does most of the work, Dad goes every Monday to count the cash and do the bank deposit. 83 years old. He gets out the hymn book and stares at the words, and starts to sing. On tune, in pitch, in time. He's stone deaf, must explain it.

The hard part is what to do with them next. Living alone, in a building run by the Sally Anne, a trendy condo complex with all the amenities, but they need housekeeping and Mom needs nursing. According to Mom I'm the rock, the real leader, the family cornerstone, and religion didn't teach the other 4 kids how to be caring children, they live only for themselves. Odd that. Mom's lost it mostly, say the word weather, and she's singing stormy weather with 'other words about no button on his fly he's got a zipper, cause my man and I think it's quicker"...then she slaps herself. Bad woman! Then you say something else, and it's "That's the story of that's the glory of LLLOOOOVEEEE", you can hear her down the all. My father grins, the hearing aids are out. Wow.

Now maybe I can sleep?

I think of those army cots, the old tents, the treck to the outhouse, the cobwebs, the cold dewy nights, and I'm comfy here in the hotel style double sized cotton white housecoat the wife got me for christmas. Must have been a premonition.

ZZZZZZZZ zz z z z z z. (I hope).

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
A suggestion for a piece to play that's not only a most wonderful love song but pretty positive about the big journey (whether or not you believe in an afterlife):

There'll Be Another Spring (heard it sung by the great Peggy Lee, who wrote the lyrics and Hubie Wheeler composed the music)

Anyone else like it?

Lyrics here:
(but best read after you have already heard it sung)

http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/d/dianakrall1159/therellbeanotherspring787085.html

Best,

Last edited by Dan Tong; 05/15/10 01:06 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,503
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195