Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#727595 - 08/13/22 03:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: jannesan]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Strong message, although those who need to see every word, won't probably see.

Nice structure, minor/major division works well and the chord progression is very pleasant (although I would have ended the song with a minor chord). I like the "straight to the business" intro. Very nice break.

I always enjoy your voice and this is no exception, good work.

I see you have used Electric Mint, I really like its sound, creates a nice vibe and works very well together with RT guitars.

Janne

Thanks, Janne. I experimented with both major and minor at for the ending, but I chose the major because I wanted to end the song on a positive note (pun intended).

#727617 - 08/14/22 04:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: United States
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: United States
Scott,

Thus sounds really good. Vocals are exceptionally good! Harmonies also! What a super message. You really nailed it with this one!

Thanks, Torrey

#727668 - 08/14/22 02:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
Great job, Scott. That forward driving pulse got me hooked right away.
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --

#727747 - 08/15/22 03:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Brad Williams]
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: firesong
Scott...first off great song with a valid and appropriate message...love the total feel and tempo of the song...the band was stellar and your vocal the same (not sure what you were concerned about?) I hope that everyone who authentically follows Christ will be reminded and challenged by this "love song"...great job lyrically, melodically and musically!

Thanks, Firesong. I guess I'm too critical, that's what my wife tells me. I don't like the tone of the vocal in some parts and there is strain too, but I think I covered most of it up.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Super song

Great vocal, you have a great voice!

Super mix

Two thumbs up

thank you Mario the Magical Composer!

Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Great song - worth the wait. I think the lyrics are the strongest part, a very good write. Good job of challenging folks to consider things from a biblical perspective. I also liked your vocal, did you do the harmonies too? I thought they were great.

Thanks, Brad. I did the all the vocals.

#727860 - 08/16/22 05:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Hey Scott,

Great song man!! Loved it. The words are certainly true. And we do entertain angels unawares, all the time. Sometimes the guy asking for food is Christ himself and we must always be aware of that.

We must also be aware that we are living in a world of phenomenal, mind-boggling, and mind-twisting corruption, darkness and evil and our eyes must be open to that as well.

There are other things going on that will require a level of courage in standing up to evil that is beyond anything anyone I know has seen in their lifetime, unless they happened to be a young person living in Europe in 1933.

Remember, Jesus only got angry once or twice, and on one occasion when he did he overturned the tables on the money changers and chased them out of the temple. He also went on a long rant about the leaders of his time in an entire chapter in the book of Matthew and called them the children of Satan.

That was "Christian," too, I think.

#727869 - 08/16/22 07:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
[
Thanks, Ray. My interpretation, of course, is different, based on all the other Biblical passages I quoted or paraphrased in the song. I was aiming at certain American Christians who wear their faith on their sleeves but turn their backs on those in need.

Yep,
I caught your point and interpretation right away.
The previous Australia Prime Minster, (Scott Morrison, fan of Trump, lover of Hillsong, lover of letting everyone know he's a "Christian", known for lying, failing, abuse of power and rorting & now found to have secretly appointed himself as co minister of various portfolios without telling anyone, including the actual minister, & making policy decisions overriding the known minister that benefited his own election campaign), is one of those your lyric is aimed at.
The problem with many of that ilk who quote the bible is that the text is easily "interpreted" to allow all sorts of things.

#727883 - 08/17/22 02:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Expert

Loc: Belgium
Hi Ezekiel's Storm

I find your composition very pleasant. Your voice is expressive and fits perfectly with your composition. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette alias JaniJackFlash

#727896 - 08/17/22 05:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: rayc]
Bass Thumper Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: rayc

The previous Australia Prime Minster, (Scott Morrison, fan of Trump, lover of Hillsong, lover of letting everyone know he's a "Christian", known for lying, failing, abuse of power and rorting & now found to have secretly appointed himself as co minister of various portfolios without telling anyone, including the actual minister, & making policy decisions overriding the known minister that benefited his own election campaign), is one of those your lyric is aimed at.
The problem with many of that ilk who quote the bible is that the text is easily "interpreted" to allow all sorts of things.

I didn't realize that the Made-in-America virus (aka trumpism) has spread to other countries. Hopefully it will not infect your churches as it has infected ours. It's one thing to hi-jack a political party, quite another thing to hi-jack a faith. Maybe music can help save the day.

#727981 - 08/17/22 05:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Scott,
Neat tune. Very cool arrangement and not sure what you mean by vocals "not being best"? They sound great to me. Cool use of synths. Structure... as wise man said, fuggedaboutit, I didn't even noticed until I read comments. Solid message. Good mix. Liked it, and thank you for sharing.
Misha.

#727984 - 08/17/22 05:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Rustyspoon#]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

Ezekiel.

well what can i say ? another song from a song jedi master...sincerely.

loved the paceing of the song and the sound pictures you always build in your songs and how you really know
'the need for hooks'.

every happiness.

om

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/tracks

#728002 - 08/17/22 07:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Bass Thumper]
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper

I didn't realize that the Made-in-America virus (aka trumpism) has spread to other countries. Hopefully it will not infect your churches as it has infected ours. It's one thing to hi-jack a political party, quite another thing to hi-jack a faith. Maybe music can help save the day.

Yes, Boris, Donald & Scott all played the buffoon card while the latter two used religion as well. Boris wasn't game because his past is as mired and unspiritual as Trump's but he didn't have fevered believers to do the 1984 maths thing.
Hillsong uses music as the flux to do the capturing & spread the prosperity gospel...sad but true.

#728043 - 08/18/22 07:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: rayc]
Bass Thumper Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: rayc
Yes, Boris, Donald & Scott all played the buffoon card while the latter two used religion as well. Boris wasn't game because his past is as mired and unspiritual as Trump's but he didn't have fevered believers to do the 1984 maths thing.
Hillsong uses music as the flux to do the capturing & spread the prosperity gospel...sad but true.

Fevered believers he does have and I can't understand why. With all the song writing talent here, maybe someone can write lyrics and a catchy melody that will state the truth and ring the alarm that democracy may be at risk. Where is Neil Young when we need him?

#728081 - 08/18/22 12:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
That’s a powerful lyric and performance, Scott. Your electronic trickery on the vocals seemed awesome to us.

Good band and arrangement too.

We saw a sign in a front yard the other day that read: “HUMANKIND, be both”
and wouldn’t the world be a better place if there were more kindness.

You may not have been making much music lately but when you do it is quality!

Kudos!

J&B

PS Bud is fond of saying the only thing worse than a liar is a hypocrite.

#728288 - 08/20/22 12:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Online   content
Expert

Loc: Maryland
You have a distinctive voice that I always look forward to hearing. This was fully on par with previous efforts. Loved that guitar arpeggio, sounded a little like Sweet Child of Mine but much better. Good production, worth several listens.

#728328 - 08/20/22 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Janice & Bud]
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

We saw a sign in a front yard the other day that read: “HUMANKIND, be both”
and wouldn’t the world be a better place if there were more kindness.

...the only thing worse than a liar is a hypocrite.

EXCELLENT

#728335 - 08/20/22 09:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Excellent song - pop with a message.

NI Guitar on the intro gets my attention, and the bass and drums keep my attention. Good build into the chorus - catchy too. Good singing on your part - it fits the song.

Nice write. As you said, much of it is a paraphrase, but I especially liked:

See the woman
who’s walked a thousand miles
Just to feed
the hunger of her child

The hold and reentry of the guitar works really well. Sort of a U2 sound without being derivative. Synth on the chorus gives a nice lift.

Engaging throughout!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#728371 - 08/21/22 08:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: floyd jane]
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
I'm not a Christian so it's obviously not so easy for me to get all the finer details of the lyrics...that being said, I like your song. A lot!

It's a strong song with a very good arrangement.
2 thumbs up!

Thanks for the support, BD!
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Scott
Absolute Top Song
I like it from the beginning
Sound, melody and singing everything fits perfectly
Really good work Scott
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Vielen Dank, Andi!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

Powerful.

Excellent write. Speaking truth to (supposed) power.

GREAT use of BIAB. Super production.

Good vocal. Good mix.

Truly powerful. This is really good.

fj

Thank you, Floyd!

#728376 - 08/21/22 08:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Part-Time Christians [Re: David Snyder]
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Scott,

Thus sounds really good. Vocals are exceptionally good! Harmonies also! What a super message. You really nailed it with this one!

Thanks, Torrey

Thank you for the positive feedback, Torrey!

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Great job, Scott. That forward driving pulse got me hooked right away.

Thanks, Ed. Glad to hear the the music hooked.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Scott,

Great song man!! Loved it. The words are certainly true. And we do entertain angels unawares, all the time. Sometimes the guy asking for food is Christ himself and we must always be aware of that.

We must also be aware that we are living in a world of phenomenal, mind-boggling, and mind-twisting corruption, darkness and evil and our eyes must be open to that as well.

There are other things going on that will require a level of courage in standing up to evil that is beyond anything anyone I know has seen in their lifetime, unless they happened to be a young person living in Europe in 1933.

Remember, Jesus only got angry once or twice, and on one occasion when he did he overturned the tables on the money changers and chased them out of the temple. He also went on a long rant about the leaders of his time in an entire chapter in the book of Matthew and called them the children of Satan.

That was "Christian," too, I think.

Thanks for the listen and comments. Jesus' anger was righteous anger for the corruption of the temple. The religious leaders of his time sound parallel some of the religious leaders and followers of our time when He says to them, "you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36558 Members
64 Forums
75762 Topics
667711 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
smithpick, jamit, UnconfuseU, yesiyens, banjojeff

36558 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 158
MarioD 92