Veteran
J
a low 30 buk linux pc ?
arm cpu check it out.
i wonder if biab would run on it. lol.
'tings are getting interesting'...

crazy low price….

https://www.inovato.com/

page down page for SPECS and 'looky' at the ports. surprised me…wowser.

i wonder if someone will code a daw for it...lol.

happiness
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/27/22 03:45 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
i wonder if biab would run on it. lol.

Quite possibly as it's been run on a raspberryPi:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=690351&Searchpage=1&Main=93896&Words=raspberry&Search=true#Post690351

I'm increasingly using raspberryPis for jobs for which I would previously have used a mini-ITX machine. The Pi is cheaper and uses less energy.

I have my mini-ITX-based BackupPC here for a rebuild at the moment and I've been wondering if I dare commit such a critical task to a $50 (or $30) computer plus $100 4TB USB-hdd.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Veteran
Veteran
/interruption if I may

Can I hijack this a trifle and ask you who use Linux if you can recommend using Linux on an older laptop PC by booting from a USB stick? I've seen several references recently to the instructions to do this, primarily as a way to try Linux. I did that, maybe 15 years ago, but had no reason to continue. Now, with an aging laptop, I do, since I expect the performance of the equipment would be better. Thanks.

/end of interruption

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Matt.

1. how old is the laptop ?. i suggest you google 'best lite linux distro old laptop'. lots of choice.
or 'usb stick linux distro' eg puppy linux.
2. a linux distro that caught my eye recently is ZORIN OS....info here.

https://zorin.com/os/

page down re reviveing old pc's.

every happiness

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/28/22 01:49 PM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks! 8 years old hardware, a good Toshiba Satellite. However, I installed a new SSD boot drive two years ago and installed Windows 10. The small amount of RAM (4 Gb) limits the effectiveness after Windows loads.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Matt.

with this linux thing i think often the only thing to do is dive in and try a few distros.
i would definetely try zorin,,maybe puppy too or lubantu.
but i defer to gordon on linux.

OR the tech in you might find the following os intrigueing done in asm.

v small footprint

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MenuetOS

but not linux. read the reviews of it. lotsa fun.
i just find it v interesting. been around a looong time.

best mate.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/28/22 02:04 PM.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
/interruption if I may

Can I hijack this a trifle and ask you who use Linux if you can recommend using Linux on an older laptop PC by booting from a USB stick? I've seen several references recently to the instructions to do this, primarily as a way to try Linux. I did that, maybe 15 years ago, but had no reason to continue. Now, with an aging laptop, I do, since I expect the performance of the equipment would be better. Thanks.

/end of interruption

An 8 year old laptop should be just fine for most Linux systems. Linux tends not to drop support for old hardware and 8 years is by no means old yet ... middle aged.

I've only ever used the USB-stick try out arrangements very temporarily and some are unable to save data on the stick, though all should allow data to be stored on an existing hard drive. You may have to 'mount' the hard drive to do that, though often it'll just appear on the desktop and you can open it normally.

There are several popular distributions around. Most will offer try on USB, install alongside existing, replace existing, roll your own custom installation. Most or possibly all are based upon Debian Linux, the 'stable' of which is about as mature and stable as you'll find, but it tends to evolve slowly. Derivatives are often more appropriate. There are several "best Linux Distros" pages around, but the choices become overwhelming. They'll all do everyday stuff like web, mail office, etc.. An increasing number of distributions offer a "long term support" bundle, that changes slower than the front line edition. To be honest, though, most I've used have been very well behaved in recent years. Most hardware is supported.

Ubuntu is well established looks rather Mac-like to my eyes, there are variants xubuntu or kubuntu which have different desktop styles as a default. I've used xubuntu for a long time.

Arch Linux has been around for some time and is popular.

Mint Linux ditto.

One that might be interesting is AV-Linux is now based on MX-Linux and customised for audio-visual work. It comes with a good stable low-latency core and a bunch or AV-related applications, all of which work well together. A particular aspect of this one is that Glen who manages it is careful to ensure that things like Wine support are stable for music ... Wine elsewise still sometimes has some issues. I've recently changed from xubuntu to AVL:MXE for my office platform. https://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/

https://itsfoss.com/best-linux-distributions/

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
i'm as geeky as the next bloke , but 'i'm curious what to use linux for..cos i have an old i5 laptop
here.
the reason I'm asking is because the 100 bucky chromebook I picked up already does soooo much.

also gordon whaddya think bout dam small linux. distro ?

this is a tech company i'm watching right now…mini pc new.

https://www.geekompc.com/geekom-mini-it11-mini-pc/

ie 11 gen i7/i5 …

they also do ..celerons. <<<celerons poor single thread passmark for music .

best

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/29/22 02:52 AM.

Expert
Expert
i'm as geeky as the next bloke , but 'i'm curious what to use linux for..cos i have an old i5 laptop
here.
the reason I'm asking is because the 100 bucky chromebook I picked up already does soooo much.

also gordon whaddya think bout dam small linux. distro ?

this is a tech company i'm watching right now…mini pc new.

https://www.geekompc.com/geekom-mini-it11-mini-pc/

ie 11 gen i7/i5 …

they also do ..celerons. <<<celerons poor single thread passmark for music .

best

om

My fastest machine here at the moment is the i5-750 that I'm on right now. My music PC and my notepad are both Celeron series, not core-i series. The notepad is fine with Linux, though can struggle a bit with PianoTeq, which is CPU intensive.

They all have the usual domestic stuff like web browsers, office suites, email, various graphics tools, various video tools, various audio tools. I use my office machine for development work with multiple IDEs for different languages/targets (I'm mostly an embedded developer). The only thing I can think of off-hand that I need to use Windows for is my PCB CAD and in truth, I haven't tried that recently in Wine on Linux. Oh ... I have a USB sniffer that is Windows only, but I haven't used that for ages.

Most installations are painless. The install process identifies all the hardware and installs modules, if required, to suit. There are post installation tools to install the many applications that are freely available. To be frank, there are probably thousands of them now, many free but enterprise grade, some not so great. I make donations for quite a bit that I use as people put their own time and effort into making them.

There are commercial applications, too, and I'm more than happy to pay for them and use them when appropriate. My main IDE is commercial (and around $1500), though these days and for many jobs, the open-source Eclipse is nearly as good and support a great many targets. I mostly use ARM.

I have Linux native commercial version of Reaper, Mixbus, Renoise, Traktion, PianoTeq, Transcribe!, maybe others.

Video editors are a little fragile still, but a friend who's a retired profession video editor says he likes Olive.

In the past I used to spend some time investigating whether hardware was Linux supported. These days I rarely do, as most is. Firewire support is a bit hit-and-miss. That is worth checking if you use it.

What's not so easy to explain is the stuff that's on Linux that isn't on Windows. though an awful lot of good Linux stuff has been ported across now (Ardour, for example).

The thing to remember is that Linux is different from Windows and packages like LibreOffice (ported to ages ago Windows), for example, is different from Microsoft Office, so there's a bit of a learning curve. On Linux, you're more likely to be advised to use the command-line for some jobs. Very often the command to use are given in the examples. Just cut and paste, though the familiar Ctrl-X/Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V aren't available on the command line, so one has to use menu->Edit->Cut and so on. They work in most GUIs.

Veteran
Veteran
@Matt - Years ago when I was taking Linux Administration courses for work they had supplied all students with the Red Hat Linux OS. It's their version of Windows and is a nice visual interface if you like that better than command line. I haven't kept up with that OS lately but I had always used it on older machines that I had no need for. There was really no issue on those older machines, kind of like running BIAB on them.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks, Gordon and Steve. I remember when Red Hat was the popular version. When I first looked at Linux it resembled Unix from my DEC experience .

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
ALL.

The problem I have with some linux distros is they are SO BIG.

I want a small nimble low resource useage distro that runs music production software. eg puppy or damn small linux.
ie a small one to run… eg ardour, reaper, bitwig, waveform, audacity etc etc. if i wish.
to name a few.

its been slow coming but finally it looks like there is more music software for linux coming out.it looks like finally Linux is becoming interesting.
(if only bb and rb ran on it..sigh…lol.)

please tell me what you all think of that zorin distro i linked to upthread.
looks v nice dont ya think or am i wrong ?

(ps..thanks for supporting my flac wish…Gordon and Matt,)

best

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/29/22 01:36 PM.

Veteran
Veteran
Regarding the Quadra & BIAB + DAW...
From their description:
"...can be used as a server or light-use desktop..."

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Expert
Expert
The problem I have with some linux distros is they are SO BIG.

(if only bb and rb ran on it..sigh…lol.)

Linux distributions do tend to bundle quite a bit of "stuff" that one doesn't necessarily need. Much of it can be uninstalled if that's your wish. What had you in mind as not big?

I have both BiaB and RealBand running on Linux, though there are a few issues, mostly around the lack of Windows Media Player and a few minor issues relating to dialog boxes.

The AVL:MXE distribution that I'm using for music is around a 4GB image, though again it does come bundled with quite a lot of toys. Glen makes no apology for the size as it includes much or even all of what one needs to produce music, including demos of some commercial packages.
In this day and age, frankly I don't really see 4GB as big ... quite a few sample libraries are bigger than that. The reason I like AVL:MXE is that it always seems to work as one would like. Most Linux distributions are not geared to music as most users don't do music production, so music critical stuff sometimes gets broken. Glen who produces AVL:MXE weorks very hard at avoiding those breaks, to the extent that only recently has he moved from customised real-time kernels to generic low-latency kernels. He's also careful to use lightweight windowing systems to keep the load off the CPU.

If I can remember the name, there was a music-oriented lightweight distribution some years back. It had mostly a number, not a name. Sub 1GB.

For non-music work there are quite a few small-footprint choices, e.g.': https://linuxhint.com/smallest-linux-distributions/

Puppy Linux has been around for years, so must have a decent following.

For most things I do, I simply don't worry about the size. 2TB of hard drive is < $100. Even 1TB of SSD isn't much different.

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Gordon.

wonderful info. thanks so much. your a prince mate.
if i ever get back to blighty i'll buy you a few pints lol.

i really like the idea of a low latency kernel obviously.

the way i figure it is if the baby os Menuet can do it …a small footprint AND a gui ....
why cant a linux distro ??. maybe its cos menuet is coded in asm rather than C/C++ ?
sometime check out the size of menuet ..its tiny size is brilliant for an os.

i was hoping for a linux distro under 2 gigs.

if you would bear with me…...when you load reaper linux version ..under the x at top right hand side what latency does reaps report in millisecs ?

i wonder if my audient audio interface would work in linux.
i love it for its v low latency and its not given me one prob ever in a years use.

i WAS gonna use the audient as a stop gap while i saved for a higher end interface like rme…or a uad but audients been soo blinkin' brilliant i might not bother..ive recorded sooo many audio traks with it flawlessly in reaps and no probs in biab…so i'm a fan.

also i read recently where a person…i think on gearspace preferred the audient mic pre's over rme…thus i'm in the proverbial quandary….lol. i just dont want to make a change and everything goes 'pear shaped'...lol.

best.

om

Expert
Expert

the way i figure it is if the baby os Menuet can do it …a small footprint AND a gui ....
why cant a linux distro ??. maybe its cos menuet is coded in asm rather than C/C++ ?
sometime check out the size of menuet ..its tiny size is brilliant for an os.

One of the reasons for the size of most Linux distributions is that they include a huge number of drivers and the like, and also many options that people may use. As an example, my fileserver has the Apache2 web-server on it and that includes many/most of the loadable modules for all sorts of things, but uses symbolic links from an 'enabled' directory to the modules to "turn them on". If they didn't do that, then the instruction to set up the many functions Apache2 can do would have to "first download and install the following..."

I'm not convinced these days by "coded in assembler". A good C compiler will do a pretty comparable, sometimes better, better job of optimising the machine code for most things. More likely a smaller size is more a reflection of omitting things. That's absolutely fine unless one wants those things. Horses for courses.

As Menuet nails it colours to "not within Unix or Posix standards..." you may find you're limited to what they offer, or you'll have some significant work porting applications to it.

i was hoping for a linux distro under 2 gigs.

I'm curious why that matters to you. The smallest USB flash drive from Curry's is 16GB. I can get 256GB for ~$30 just down the road.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/flashlinux/ Claims to run from a 256MB USB drive.

if you would bear with me…...when you load reaper linux version ..under the x at top right hand side what latency does reaps report in millisecs ?

Bear in mind that this is an old-ish PC. It's reporting ~11/34ms. Conky, the resource monitor that's bundled with AVL:MXE reports that it's using about 2% CPU whilst idle. Reaper is now available Linux-native.

i wonder if my audient audio interface would work in linux.
i love it for its v low latency and its not given me one prob ever in a years use.

If it's USB class complient, then it certainly should. If it has non-compliant features, like built in mixers or audio processing, then it may lose those features.

A brief look around suggests that some Audient interfaces may not be class compliant (why not?) and some "work perfectly". Which device? BTW, I think this is one place where a runable USB version is handy ... it'll likely let you know if the device you have works properly.

i WAS gonna use the audient as a stop gap while i saved...

If you're happy with it, assuming it does work well with Linux, why change?

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Gordon

1..linux

you make good points but i just wish i could find a linux distro for music production without all the other 'faff' like net browser/office stuff etc etc as my studio never sees the 'net'.
i use other devices for the net.

my studio currently runs win10 of course and i only run the combo of bb//rb//reaps. done 90 songs with the combo.
but all the other win 'stuff' i never use so its wasted on me.

maybe i'm an 'old codger'...lol. cos i coded in the days
when we had competitions tween coders to see who could do the most features useing least computer resources..which is the way i was originally taught.

i'm a stickler for setting a project studio up right , as a result i get no probs from win or the music apps i run.
yep i know reaps runs on linux.

2..my interface audient.

the evo 4 i run is usb class compliant , with obviously some feature extensions not covered by the usb spec..but so do lots of interfaces mate.
i seem to remember vaguely the evo 8 however might have had probs on ipad IOS whereas the evo 4 didnt ?
i have to say for me the evo runs flawlessly and is a 'champ'.
dont matter anyway , if i get probs with linux i'll just rent a new interface from my local gear store like a motu m4 or a uad arrow ...
till i find one that works well with linux. and keep the evo on the pc.

happiness.

om

ps did you check out zorin linux os ?

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott

In this day and age, frankly I don't really see 4GB as big ...

Yep, whilst I do think wistfully of w95 running on 8meg and a hard drive being less than a gig and still getting heaps done or even running Cakewalk ProAudio3 on a 286 with an INCA breakout box, I know that high resolution often means high quality and I'm keen for that.
I also recall having a 14meg thumb drive given to me as a tease from a hardware company...it was the ant's pants at the time and carried a couple or three Word documents happily. I still have a 128meg MP3 player stashed away somewhere.
BUT I have portable drives, (bought my 1st 100gig one for $100), thumb drives all over the place and use multi gig internet transfers all the time plus use a wonderful D.A.P. that gives great sound quality playback of FLAC, 24 bit wav etc.

Oddly enough I'm collaborating with an old friend co writer who insists on sending me his parts as MP3s...he's stuck in a mind set that he can't seem to shake.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Expert
Expert
Gordon

1..linux

you make good points but i just wish i could find a linux distro for music production without all the other 'faff' like net browser/office stuff etc etc as my studio never sees the 'net'.
i use other devices for the net.

It isn't the same, of course, but it's pretty easy to remove all the stuff you don't, though if you have it and don't use it it does nothing except take up a little hard drive space. You may want to be on the 'Net at install time, as it will collect stuff from online if necessary, though it's fairly likely it'll need nothing.

Some 'standard' stuff gets included simply because most people use it.
For that stuff, the quickest way is on the command like and looks like:
Code:
sudo apt remove firefox thunderbird libreoffice chromium

... give it your password when asked and it'll remove them all. It'll not fight back like MS does with Edge and removing most applications like that is unlikely to break anything.
If command line doesn't suit, there are GUI apps, e.g. Synaptic, that allow searches and have check-boxes. Users call. You can also go through the list and see what's installed/recommended and add/remove things then.

To give you an idea how far you can go with that, there's nothing that says Linux has to have a desktop environment. In the past, most of my infrastructure machines have been 'headless' as typically I administer them over an SSH login using command line only.

Incidentally, most or all Linux systems will pop up a dialog when there are updates asking whether to update now or remind you later. If/when you do the updates and (fairly rarely) a reboot is advised, it'll offer Reboot Now or not ... reboot when you're ready. None of the dirty Windows trick of popping up in the background and then rebooting without our say-so.

my studio currently runs win10 of course and i only run the combo of bb//rb//reaps. done 90 songs with the combo.
but all the other win 'stuff' i never use so its wasted on me.

maybe i'm an 'old codger'...lol. cos i coded in the days
when we had competitions tween coders to see who could do the most features useing least computer resources..which is the way i was originally taught.

My approach to both hardware and software was to get the job done as well as I could. If that meant a faster processor and more memory, then that's what I did unless the on-cost would be greater than the time saved. If I had to get down and dirty with assembler and registers, that that also is what I did. In my last job, I did all of that alone. I did around 70% of the development work. The other 30% was done by five other people. Do it right, do it efficiently, do it well, don't close doors unless you have to. There are many different ways to optimise ... that's why computer teaching loves sorting and prime numbers ... lots of possibilities.

i'm a stickler for setting a project studio up right , as a result i get no probs from win or the music apps i run.

That's why I run AVL:MXE ... iit's already optimised for audio and generally it works as one would like. There are a bunch of multimedia apps that you might choose to remove. Video editors, for example.

the evo 4 i run is usb class compliant , with obviously some feature extensions not covered by the usb spec..but so do lots of interfaces mate.

From +++ here +++
Quote:
So this is my contribution on this piece of hardware: based on my personal experience, you should be fine with making it work on Linux, as long as you plug it once on a Windows computer and update its firmware using the software provided by the manufacturer.

ps did you check out zorin linux os ?

Not yet ... I'm spending much of my time up ladders at the moment, sanding and painting.
I'll try to remember to have a look, but as all distributions differ a little, I try to stay with one when I can. At present I have two (well, three including Raspbian).

Expert
Expert
So, amid all this yak yak yak, is anyone actually running BIAB over LINUX?

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,730
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197