Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
TuneMonger….Scott C.

thanks for taking the time to listen and commenting.
very much appreciated.

obviously Scott i'm not up to your level of guitar skill just stuff i picked up singing in various muso groups and playing along with classic songs…but at least nobody has told me yet my intro guitar licks were awful at this song beginning. …lol.
thank goodness for computer editing.

i'm always v nervous laying down guitar tracks.

oodles of respect to you both and happiness.

om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
oldmuso,

Very inventive and creative track! I was expecting a Country tune but this reminds me of a Blondie song with the exception of the steel guitar part! I loved it! Great use of instrumentation and the vocal was delivered in fine fashion! Your tunes are always very enjoyable!

Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Torrey.

thank you sooo much… means a lot to me. as your so talented yourself.

Re "Creative". i bet my wife calls me a different name sometimes…lol..
fyi inside joke..i still marvel that she threw over some upper class well off suitors for me a poor cockney lad. we always say 'stupid love'..lol. she even heartily pushes me always in my musical journey if i beat myself up at times doing a song.

fwiw i go thru' every single rt and see how i might use it in a song.
obviously its a looong process, but if i had not done that in this song i wouldnt have discovered i liked the 'steel' so much in the song and how well i felt it fitted the song.

my 'fun' also..lol…is…when bb tells me a certain rt is not applicable..ie like my granny used to say bb says 'naughty lad/wrong genre'..lol..i try the rt anyway cos ive had many happy accidents this way. i love to 'manipulate' the rt's.

gonna go have a cuppa 'Rosie Lee' now. (best pekoe tea is King Cole imho.)

happiness .
om

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
om ...

Really nice! Glad you sent all of us an invitation. I came across it fairly late so didn't have time for an RSVP - so, I just crashed the party.

Referring to two previous comments (sometimes I read other comments first, sometimes not. There's no explicable rhyme or reason to my decision), it comes a cross to me as an Elvis Costello arrangement and Ringo vocal.

I enjoyed it a lot! New Wave Country, as someone else suggested, sounds about right. That'll have Hank Williams turning over in his grave!

Nice listen - thanks!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Fun song!!! Great live sound!!!.......sounds like a fun party!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Al-David…Greg.

very nice of you both.

thanks for takeing time from your day and listening.

much appreciated.

fyi..for a long time i wrestled with finding the 'right' RT' to use as the lead instrument in this song.
then suddenly after testing loads of RT's the steel sorta 'popped up' on my testing. thanks to my trusty 3 ring binder where i comment on each RT.

obviously i dont have the instrument plug in budget of the big recording studios..
in many respects this is a 'blessing' , cos this 'forces' me to be inventive with the gear i have.
ie the RT's as one example. i do lots of 'bonkers stuff' with the RT's lol.

Of course one could work on a song a zillion hours and still a song might be not to someones taste somewhere….
been there done that ..lol... so i figure to keep my 'sanity' the only solution is to create a song i like and hope other people like it too. i hope i make sense. my prime objective being to just have big FUN as PG says.

keep rockin' and thanks once again for taking the time to listen and comment. your both great people.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/25/22 03:05 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
WOW, Om, pushing the play button was like opening the door to a great-fun party. I had to duck a swinging arm of one of the crazies dancing too close to the entrance. Good mix and use of BiaB cats. I really like the songs you produce. every one of them is such fun.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Babu.

i really really appreciate the listens and comments.

spot on bout having fun. my prime objective is 'major enjoyment' doing songs.
talking of 'fun', and i'm more a singer than guitarist..for 'giggles' on this song i played the intro guitar motifs.

fyi…years ago i used to obsess constantly bout 'is someone somewhere on the planet gonna hate this song'...and thus after several years doing such and driving moi bonkers..lol…i finally realised the sensible approach was to do the level best i could on a song and bring the song concept to a level that made me happy.

i work very very hard , as taught me in big studios, on 'sound picture' and 'song hooks'.
i'm my own worst critic , and my lovely wife is always on hand to tell me if my song concept is 'awfull'. she is 'tough' lol.

i'm waiting with 'baited breath' to see what BIAB and RB 2023 will bring in new sounds and features.

great respect to you and happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/26/22 12:11 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
oldmuso,

This sounds great. Love the energy and vocal. Great mix!

Bob

User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
rsdean

too kind of you bob.

much appreciated.

keep rocking mate

happiness

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/27/22 04:33 PM.

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
justanoldmuso:

Well, that was a lot of fun to listen to. I think you’ve created a new genre—country punk. :-). Really catchy tune—hard not to bop along with. Great vocal. Good stuff!

Best regards,

Deej

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I am by no means a country expert, but this is NOT a country song grin

Listening to the intro, it reminds me of Punk Pop and New Wave and I would have expected Debbie Harry to join in.

Personally, I would remove the steel guitar to make it New Wave, but I also like your song as it is now.

Very catchy, a nice drive and your vocals fit the song very well.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Deej…BD Thomas.

Thanks sooo much for listening. much appreciated.

Re…both your comments.

1..'country punk new genre'. <<< my wife got a big hoot out of that as did i.
but then my wife thinks i'm bonkers anyway.and as she says 'never a dull moment'.
to quote her..'that's why i went for you, you big lug'. lol.

2..'steel guitar'. <<< actually as you've probably guessed fyi the song posed a conundrum for moi. … viz…whenever i tried a different instrument the song picture i found didn't have the same 'impact' for me. and believe me when i say i tried practically every instrument.
let me add I was keying off the fact many people have said to me over the years 'the country genre often all sounds the same'. thus i was going for 'outside the norm'.

fyi i subscribe to Mr Gannons saying about having lots of 'FUN'.
if i screw up so be it….I've had lots of fun in the process..lol.

I'm sure if I was working for a label I would be expected to follow certain established songwriting norms for any genre I was creating songs for.

Thanks once again for the listens and comments.
super nice of you both to listen.

I apologize for being a bit 'nutty'. My wife gave me 'almond butter' for b'fast on an english muffin this morning …i'm told its good for me…lol.

happiness to you both.

om

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195