You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#731586 - 09/14/22 07:38 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] ACW // CHORD DETECTION TIP..
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

Topic. TIP RE ACW.
(NOTE.. Charlie Fogle gave me excellent comments on this topic.)

THE ISSUE.
i'm a tad vision impaired , and thus when i'm using the acw on a fast song..
the cursor whizzies along and i find difficulty setting bar lines.
(ive been doing a LOT of experimentation in the acw to see how i might do
new versions of my songs done originally in big all tape studios, or old tape based demos.)

POSSIBLE SOLUTION.
what i did to address the issue whether realband or biab was i halved the tempo.
ie..if the tempo was 150 i halved it to 75.
it sounds weird of course but its easier to set precise bar lines. and certainly helped.
Charlie pointed out to me the following.
a, realband uses an older acw version. (note rb handles fractional tempos.)
b.biab uses a new acw version. to quote charlie….

'Import the song into BIAB Audio Track, set the tempo and open the Audio Editor.

In the Audio Edit Window, use your curser to mark the first bar with Rt click of the mouse and select the mark as first bar selection.

With the first bar selected, click on the ACW button to activate the ACW. Activating the ACW brings additional buttons. Click the Analyze Button located beneath the Edit Button.

A message will pop up advising no Bar Lines have been set and asks if you want to set bar lines based on the current tempo. Select yes and all the bars of the song will be set based on the first bar you marked and the song tempo.

That may get you close on a fast song without having to manually enter bars'

thanks charlie.

hope this tip helps someone.

happiness to all.

om

Edited by justanoldmuso (09/14/22 07:40 AM)

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/tracks

#731614 - 09/14/22 11:49 AM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: ACW // CHORD DETECTION TIP.. [Re: justanoldmuso]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Nice tip. Thanks for sharing.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#731751 - 09/15/22 05:56 PM [Post your own Tips and Tricks here] Re: ACW // CHORD DETECTION TIP.. [Re: Jim Fogle]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

thanks jim. v nice of you.
i try lol.

happiness

om

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/tracks

PG Music News
It's Time To Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows? Pop over to our support page and download your free update today! We've added new and improved RealTracks content (for your existing RealTracks) and many other enhancements requested by program users, and included the latest DAW Plugin with updated render settings, the ability to exclude tracks from MCC, and more! While you're there, don't forget to update your RealBand 2022!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac users will want to download their update too! It includes additional support for audio interfaces for recording audio, a filter for the RealDrums picker for showing RealDrums with Drum stems, adds the newest DAW Plugin, and addresses many user suggestions.

Learn more and download Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Build 926.

Learn more and download Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Build 609.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! (October 10)

Monday, October 10th is Canadian Thanksgiving!

Our Holiday schedule that day is:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PDT

We will be back to our regular schedule Tuesday, October 11th.

Update Your RealBand 2022 Today!

With RealBand 2022 Build 5, dragging a section of audio now updates the From/Thru display, keyboard shortcuts have been added to the Tracks & Audio Edit Windows, you can save MIDI tracks to a Utility Track with an MGU or SGU file, and more!

Read the full list of RealBand 2022 updates and download now.

The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Forum Stats
36572 Members
64 Forums
75818 Topics
668271 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Basobokwe124, Alpramir, Saxonole, raxofov, daniolmu

36572 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 148
TuneMonger 88