Page 1 of 2 1 2
#732864 09/28/22 02:51 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
The Windows Of Your Worries on Soundcloud
The Windows Of Your Worries on YouTube

My wife likes to worry. It's who she is. So this is a song to suggest an alternate approach to worrying.

Key=E , Tempo 95, Length (m:s)=3:42
4 bar intro, 80 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 84. Repeat x1 chorus
Style is _CABNJAM.STY (Cabin Jam Folk Pop with Cajon)

RealTracks in style: ~~2474:Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1422:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 2930:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FolkRock8thsBrent Ev 100
RealTracks in style: ~896:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm FolkRock Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 3236:Guitar, Nylon, Fingerpicking CelticAir Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1058:Sax, Alto, Soloist SmoothJazzPoppy Ev16 090
RealDrums in Song: AfucheShakerEv8[single]
RealDrums in Song: CountryPopBallad^04-SnrHt,SnrRd
RealTracks in song: 3959:Synth, Rhythm StripMallStrings 65
RealDrums in style:CajonFolkPop8ths: a: Cajon b: Cajon 4 High

For this one I kept the BiaB Bass because I liked his sound and didn't want to change my strings to match it. In the Bridge I added 2 tracks an octave apart with a high-C-5-string fretless just to add a part I hear in my head. Your opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The Windows Of Your Worries

Are you there by the window now? Can you see what's right outside?
Is there someone waiting patiently in whom you can confide?
Is it someone who'll be there for you? Someone you can trust?
Someone to love and care for you, and turn your woes to rust?

The windows of your worries (are the doorways to what's true) (can reveal a calming clue) (are clear to what is true).
The windows of your worries are there to see you through --and see through you, too.

Come a little closer now. You can feel the strength in two.
You'll begin to clear your mind and learn to sift through what is true.
You will see that life is so much more than things you cannot change,
Togetherness defeats the worst concerns and fears. It tames.

Free yourself through the open windows that surround your house of pain.
Unloose the binds that tie disquiet and quiet still remains.

Do you see me too?

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The song itself had a very relaxing quality, so in and of itself, it accomplished its goal. Some people have to worry, no use worrying about worry itself. I'm in your wife's camp, I feel like if it weren't for people like me worrying about things, things would fall apart. I realize I overdo it, though. Getting back to the song - again, it had a soothing quality that I found intriguing. The word play was entertaining and helped to lighten the mood as well. I wasn't so sure about "turn your woes to rust." I'm still mulling that one over. It's probably fine, it just put an unpleasant image in my head that clashed with everything else about the song. Overall, another fine effort from the prolific bass man of the forum.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this song since the first time I heard it a couple of days ago.

I'm also in Barb's camp, I worry about everything, wish I was more carefree sometimes.

Excellent song, excellent performance and mix, top notch video.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

This is excellent! Great song and great vocal. Love the mix. The sax was also a nice touch.

Bob

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Marty,

Terrific write, great tune! Love that chorus melody (and that bridge as well)--catchy with some excellent harmonies. I'm wondering if the vocal can come forward just a tad--maybe not . . . see what others think. Really good vocal regardless. Cool tune!

All my best to you,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful lyrics: "life is so much more than things you cannot change", I know that I worry too much so this is a good song for me, I hope I can learn something smile
Beautiful melody: verses are very calming with a nice progression and the chorus is catchy
Beautiful arrangement: I like especially the guitars, the rhythm section and the strings in the bridge.
The interpretation is full of heart.
Has very classic hit feel, certainly one of your best songs.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Marty ...

Really, really nice! Contemplative lyric backed by some really great music. As always, a great song and presentation. I always admire your work!!!

I'm not a big worrier. Really, the only thing I worry about is Di's health. Now, on the other hand, I concern myself with all that I think is important.

I think folks sometimes confuse worry and and concern as the same thing, but they aren't. Concern is simply putting forth the effort to do what should or must be done. Worry is fretting about it if it doesn't work out as plannned or expected. As I often tell my friends & family, if my effort doesn't work out as intended, I'm not gonna suffer the ulcer of worrying about it. I'll just make an alternative effort or know I tried my best.

Enough of my philosophy! A really great song and listen. Truly enjoyed it!

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 09/28/22 09:37 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty

Very nice song, a good lyric and a gentle backing that fits the song like a glove.

Well sung, and written.

Peter

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Marty...man what a beautiful and profound song...I love the melody and the harmonies you did...you are a great lyricist my friend and I enjoy your songs so much...I'm a sucker for acoustic based ballads and this one is superb lyrically and melodically...I just hit the 'golden buzzer' for you and you can move on to the live rounds!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2023, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12, Wavelab 11.1, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Easygoing folk, positive lyrics, nicely sung.

The vibe fits the song perfectly!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one Marty,
you're in fine voice.
The blend in the bridge is excellent.
It takes the overthinking ground engineer to keep the pilot in the clouds but both need a break from the separate stresses.
Lovely song.
I'm sure your wife will, listen, smile, thank you and then worry about something else.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
The song itself had a very relaxing quality, so in and of itself, it accomplished its goal. Some people have to worry, no use worrying about worry itself. I'm in your wife's camp, I feel like if it weren't for people like me worrying about things, things would fall apart. I realize I overdo it, though. Getting back to the song - again, it had a soothing quality that I found intriguing. The word play was entertaining and helped to lighten the mood as well. I wasn't so sure about "turn your woes to rust." I'm still mulling that one over. It's probably fine, it just put an unpleasant image in my head that clashed with everything else about the song. Overall, another fine effort from the prolific bass man of the forum.

Haha. I like that theory, Bob. Yeah, if folks don't worry about it... well, that's very worrisome. We once had a cat that sat and stared at the wall for hours. Weird, but I theorized there are 5 cats like that around the world and they keep everything going. Now, about that word RUST. You are absolutely right. Trying to rhyme with trust, it was the first thing to mind. Didn't worry about it, because by the time I go to record it should be cleaned up. It wasn't. I should've said DUST.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Loved this song since the first time I heard it a couple of days ago.

I'm also in Barb's camp, I worry about everything, wish I was more carefree sometimes.

Excellent song, excellent performance and mix, top notch video.

Thank you, Brother. Have a great vacation. Leave all your worries in the mountains, trees, rocks and streams.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Marty,

This is excellent! Great song and great vocal. Love the mix. The sax was also a nice touch.

Bob

Thank you, Bob. Much appreciated. The sax worked well without too much reworking.

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Marty,

Terrific write, great tune! Love that chorus melody (and that bridge as well)--catchy with some excellent harmonies. I'm wondering if the vocal can come forward just a tad--maybe not . . . see what others think. Really good vocal regardless. Cool tune!

All my best to you,

Deej

Thanks so much, Deej. Yes, I worried was the vocal too loud, so I brought it down. Pretty ironic, huh?

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Greetings from my wife to yours, Marty laugh

I like the song and your lyrics, and you have a great sense of vocal harmonies.

Arrangement and mix are good too, so no complaints from my side.

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
a high C-5 string fretless [...] I hear in my head
I would worry about this...

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved the message in the song Marty.
Sounds great here.
If only I could, I would gladly trade in my crown as self proclaimed Queen of the worrywarts.
But I'm better about it than I once was so that's something.
Josie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Absolutely great Marty!
You are truely a pro.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Beautiful lyrics: "life is so much more than things you cannot change", I know that I worry too much so this is a good song for me, I hope I can learn something smile
Beautiful melody: verses are very calming with a nice progression and the chorus is catchy
Beautiful arrangement: I like especially the guitars, the rhythm section and the strings in the bridge.
The interpretation is full of heart.
Has very classic hit feel, certainly one of your best songs.

Janne

Thanks, Janne. Those "strings" in the bridge are actually me on a fretless bass, unless you mean the synth, which was just playing chords really. Man, I always like your comments, Janne. Thanks for listening.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Marty ...

Really, really nice! Contemplative lyric backed by some really great music. As always, a great song and presentation. I always admire your work!!!

I'm not a big worrier. Really, the only thing I worry about is Di's health. Now, on the other hand, I concern myself with all that I think is important.

I think folks sometimes confuse worry and and concern as the same thing, but they aren't. Concern is simply putting forth the effort to do what should or must be done. Worry is fretting about it if it doesn't work out as plannned or expected. As I often tell my friends & family, if my effort doesn't work out as intended, I'm not gonna suffer the ulcer of worrying about it. I'll just make an alternative effort or know I tried my best.

Enough of my philosophy! A really great song and listen. Truly enjoyed it!

Alan

Thanks so much, Alan. I can't get enough of your philosophy. It often confirms my beliefs. smile Yes, concern is much different than worry. I'm big on etymology and always strive for the corr3ct word. [typos be dammed] cool

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Marty

Very nice song, a good lyric and a gentle backing that fits the song like a glove.

Well sung, and written.

Peter

Hello, Peter. Thanks much.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Marty...man what a beautiful and profound song...I love the melody and the harmonies you did...you are a great lyricist my friend and I enjoy your songs so much...I'm a sucker for acoustic based ballads and this one is superb lyrically and melodically...I just hit the 'golden buzzer' for you and you can move on to the live rounds!

Haha. Thanks, Dan. No, you don't want me live --at least not singing and playing together. I'm always impressed when someone can do that. Hey, wait. I don't play bass in this one. Does this ticket include meals?

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

LOVE the Sound of this!
Terrific set of tracks. Excellent mix.
Really nice vocals and BGVs.
Nice arrangement. Strings were a nice touch. Sax, too.
Excellent mix.
A complete package.
One of your best!
Cool.

fj (a worrier)

User Showcase
J
Veteran
Veteran
J

your an excellent lyricist mate and how you convey the
words.

nice use of rt's .

nice stops too. super ending.

best.

om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,
The easy soothing music you make here matches your kind message beautifully.The lyrics have some nice word plays to lighten the wisdom... which is universal.
Good vocal and an entertaining video... I thought the guy looking in was Willie Nelson at first, but now I`m wondering if we are seeing you?

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

What a great intro and song's arrangement!

We thought that your voice could be a little bit more "hot" at times!

Cool background vocals!

Rob was expecting a solo right before or right after the bridge, b ut was pleasantly surprised by the saxophone solo that came a little later.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,558
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200