Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome end product guys! I really like what you did with the song, the assorted footage and the video editing!

I apologize for leaving the party so soon... it's been a hectic year for me so far. I've been traveling pretty much the whole time since leaving immediately after we recorded the backup vocals scene. I just got home a few days ago.. this is the first time I've seen the finished video... hats off to everybody who made an active contribution to the project! It was very gracious of you to keep me in the video considering how little I contributed. Thanks for that!

If there is in fact a HERBSTOCK 2 next year, count me in! Next time I'll make it a point not to schedule my time so tightly that I can't stay for more than 2 hours!

And to any other forum members who might find such a meeting enjoyable: I strongly recommend that you take time to come to HERBSTOCK 2 if you can. None of us are getting any younger. What's possible now might not be possible later.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I have to start lining up a jumbo sleeping bag, air mattress and tent NOW!!

From Herbfest to Herbstock in one year! The late Michael Lang would be proud! He did Woodstock. We do Herbstock!!

Looking at the "distance circle" we could probably see as many as about 8-10 more people.

As far as the video Pat, you contributed, you get some face time!! I even got my dog into it and he did nothing but lay around all day!

I think Herbstock, maybe with a little stage area near the firepit, with Charlie's small PA, would be a BLAST!!! Now THAT video, wow! I'd actually buy another Canon video camera like the one I have now to have one fixed and one moving cam. Plus drone footage... YEAH!!

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

I think we will need a lot more security for the next event.

Herb could probably handle a large part of the threat assessment and response with what he already has, but it looks like we might need to call in for reinforcements if we have more than the expected number of pup tents and hippies on the premises.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
And somebody has to build the mud slide!!

Brush up on The Star Spangled Banner to open the show!

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Eddie,

You have been mighty quite. Are you working on Herbstock yet??

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Everybody I have contacted from the original Woodstock is dead! I wanted Hendrix to do the National Anthem. I wanted Janis Joplin to sing Bobby McGee. Paul Butterfield to play some blues. Jerry Garcia to do some slide work...

Plus we need to get Herb to sign off on bringing in all the dirt to make a hill for the mud slide. That may be a union thing...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Working on the rider now. Who wants the red M&Ms in and who wants them out?

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
keep this idea alive! I think there's potential here!

User Showcase
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Life might be hard. What i seen there is what life is all about, taking trips meeting friends, playing music & writing songs. In this video life is good. Thanks for sharing!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Pat, you need to "stake" out where you are going to pitch your tent. (See what I did there?)

By the time we got to Herbstock
We were half a dozen strong...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Eddie,

First, I love your new pic! When was that taken!

smile

Second, I have been practicing my Jimi Solo for Herbstock.

But, so far I have blown up all of my amps, and three replacement speakers.

Do you think the Big Muff is a bad idea??

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'd add the Bad Stone...

That pic was from about 2015 which I believe was the last year I played the reunion shows with that particular band. Then I "cartoonized" the pic, to match my cartoon like playing.

Do we have any drummers here? We could use one for the backline at Herbstock.

Well, I came upon a child of God
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, "Tell me, where are you going?"
And this he told me
Said, "I'm going down to Hartley's Farm
Gonna join in a rock 'n' roll band
Got to get back to the land
Set my soul free"

We are stardust, we are golden
And we all use our PG software
And we're glad we've got our forums
Where we can all share

Well, then can I walk beside you?
I have come to lose the smog
And I feel myself a cog
In somethin' turning
And maybe it's the time of year
Yes, and maybe it's the time of man
And I don't know who I am
But life is for learning

Where we can all share

By the time we got to Herbstock
We were 'bout a dozen strong
And everywhere was a song
And a celebration

And I dreamed I saw a tiny drone
Over where the critters stay
Shooting footage for a film
To remember the day by

Where we can all share

And the first rule of Herbstock?

NO Stairway!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
My late son (died in a motorcycle accident in '85) had a saying he uttered quite often:

There's lots of things I've said and done
But I ain't ever had too much fun!

This video epitomizes that saying. Well done and good to see ya'll live. Thanks for letting us in on the good time! Ya'll some pretty cool and talented dudes!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Too Much Fun is an interesting song. Daryle Singletary released a song by that name in 1995, but I remember it more as a Commander Cody song from the 70s that Bill Kirchen wrote. THAT version I have played more times than I can count, and that's a motto many people live by. You son, based on the date of his unfortunate passing, had to have known the Commander Cody song, so we know he had good taste in music!!

Bill Kirchen was a great player, mindful of "The Telemaster", Danny Gatton.

And yep, that day was way too much fun. Join us next year for Herbstock and you can get in on the fun in person!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, hard to believe, but soon it will be spring and we will be rolling around in the mud at Herbstock.

I am practicing my Jimi, and getting out my lighter.

Boy 2023 is gonna be fun.

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Looks like you guys had tons of fun. Thanks for making me smile. Happy New Year.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Cheryl Anne,

We had a great time! Maybe we will get to meet you one day!!

smile

There's nothing like a free form musical throwdown!

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cheryle Anne, come on up to Herbstock. It's a bit of a drive for you, but we have people coming from 12 hours away. And remember people drove across the country in 1969 for Woodstock and the infamous Altamont Free concert.

Last edited by eddie1261; 01/27/23 07:34 AM.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

So any reports on Woodstock II, which I believe was called "Herbstock" in honor of a child who was on stage at Woodstock and tried to take the guitar away from Jimi, but who now lives in seclusion in the woods of North Carolina.

I hear Jimi may have made an appearance and some great music was made.

And they chanted the praises of BIAB late into the night like ancient Druids of yore.

What happened?

Are the "Rites of April" now a thing, a social movement??

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Time to start planning next year's event?

Herbapalooza?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199