Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
That link works, Ray. I had to click on the URL to load the picture, which is not a big deal. If you want it to show automatically, enclose it in that "image" function I mentioned. But it may be better your way.

That BiaB layout is very handsome and clean. Putting the title stuff at the bottom seems to concentrate the mind on the music. I think I'll do that when I figure out how. (What's the method? I'll try to pretend I've forgotten, but I doubt I ever knew.)

Somehow I knew you'd be doing something good. Thanks.

Larry
______
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
Rats. The picture on the second trial is not showing and it's not clickable. It was better before.

I copied the code from "Direct Link for Layout Pages" and pasted it into PGMusic's "image" function from lower down on this forum-message composing page.

Larry
______
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Could you post how you get your toolbars like that? Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
Larry,
Yes, there should be more constuctive examples of BIAB's GUI, instead of complaints. Everyone has a little personal tweak they use to make their work easier.
Getting rid of the Keyboard is OK for me as well. Being a Guitar player I don't need to see it either.
Your layout is nice and clean. I like it.
Wayne,

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

[image]http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae225/raymb1/[/image]

Sorry, It's still not showing.

For some reason the URL is copying incompletely. It's missing the actual picture file name. That should read something like

http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae225/raymb1/xxxxx.jpg

When this is working right, you can see your picture already in the Preview provided by the forum software, just before you send it in.

Larry
______
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Re: Putting the toolbars on the bottom. <Window-Put notation/chords on top>. Is there a way to make this permanent? When I close BIAB and re-open the setup reverts back to the toolbars on top. Later, Ray

P.S. I've re-posted this to Tips and Tricks.

Last edited by raymb1; 01/29/11 08:14 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

The chordsheet is scaled to allow other windows onscreen. You can see the two surviving toolbars are floated out on top. The keyboards are gone.

In the interim, if you don't want to see the keyboard on the screen, just select from the top menu "Opt, Preferences", then select the "Display" button and uncheck the box that says "Show on-screen piano".

John, thank you - after all these years of looking at those white and black boxes on the screen which I never have had a use for . I now see I can get rid of them.

dan

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
I concur that of all the features of BIAB the gui is of the least importance to me. I've used a few versions over the years, but nothing recent- yet when I bought the 2011 Mega Pack, it was easy to use and intuitive. It's just a tool. I don't care if the hammer I buy looks like the one my Dad had as long as it hammers in nails and is durable. I'm not saying that I don't have issues with BIAB as I do, but my concerns are functionality not appearance.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Quote:

Seeing the user interface nearly drove me to tears.

At least I'm not the only one - but I went further, on several occasions I WAS in tears.

I fully respect all those who either enjoy picking their way through complex menu systems - or who have meticulously spent endless hours learning the quirks and idiosyncrasies of BIAB and remember them all for the next time - but I'm not amongst them.

Yet I do have to admit sympathies with those who have seen the sometimes catastrophic effects of making significant changes to the program without adequate user-testing to work through all the bugs before general release. I also have sympathies with those who fear instability problems being introduced purely to change the look and feel.

But I fully agree with the original post, that the program is many years behind the market as a whole in terms of usability, and in particular in terms of any kind of consistently intuitive approach to usability. I'm very grateful to PG for introducing features and approaches that have helped me accommodate to some of the processes involved, but the more I learn, the more I find new ones and so the process is a continuous one of angst.

What frustrates me is the feedback that users here keep posting when BIAB can't do certain things - that then you should use Realband. But by way of comparison, Microsoft doesn't ask me, when using Word, to open up another program to change the colour of my text, because Word is only for processing text, not formatting.

BIAB is indeed a unique program, which I have found invaluable in moving my songwriting into the digital arena, but perhaps this is it's downfall - when there is no competition, there is no catalyst for change.

Quote:

Are you just unable to set aside the time and money?

In one sense I'm sure this, for PG, is partly true. I've spent the past ten years running my own web-design business - during which I've made usability and accessibility two of my key targets. But it takes a massive amount of time and investment in software resources to work through even a medium-sized website, let alone a full computer program. I had several shelves of books on usability, devoted to simply making web-pages - how many more would be needed to work through BIAB? In the end I ran out of energy and even started using templates for my own websites before eventually giving up completely. And with BIAB would not the price tag be doubled as a result of major change? Perhaps it would be worth it, but perhaps not in the middle of a recession?

Yes, I would be fully in favour of a BIAB/Realband composite - but only if it was fully user-tested to a much higher level before it was put out into the public arena. For the first time in a couple of years, even though using it frustrates me, BIAB seems relatively stable. Please let's keep it that way whatever course you choose PG!

Lyrics rule OK! Fighting for folk and folk-rock...
www.philmaybury.com
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
PG is the only company which makes me overjoyed and deeply angry in equal measure

Real Tracks has transformed my studio, and my practice in ways no other product is capable of - I use BIAB more than all of my other equipment and I have a very comprehensive and up to date studio. However

1] I hate the schizophrenic nature of having two seperate programs to perform one set of similar (though not identical functions

2] I can't even get RB to work on a very good and up to date system (using a Focusrite LIquid 56, WIn 7 64 bit) So I pay half my money for nothing.

3] I can even get my VST piano (or organ) to function inside BIAB (or RB) so I cant do the simplest recording.
4] The idea that we are supposed to use the on board sounds of the various synths is a joke to me. I want ot use top class pianos, my B4II Hammond Organ (wth all of its drawbars and leslie speak emulations), even Omnisphere, Absynth, VSL instruments, East West Choirs, Piasnoteq electric pianos, Stradivarious violins all of which I own and can use in ANY other context bar PG products.

4] I want to record whatever VST I want and I cant even record ANY. So much for accompaniment features. BIAB can be utterly hopeless and as for RB well see above.

5] As for the GUI dont tell me that PG have not yet noticed that the buttons labelled strings, piano or guitar often dont actually contain these instruments. Isnt it just basic programming to get these buttons to display the name of the actual instrument?

6] Who on earth needs to play with features like LSB these days? Who uses these tiny little spin buttons? Why no decent mixer?

7] Using MME technology is schoolboy programming - ok it 'will do' in some circumstances, but its not designed to support professional music applications EVERYTHING should be ASIO. No other sequencer technology (And even BIAB IS a sequencer in some senses - it lines up notes and tracks) has a problem with hosting a number of channels, recording them and outputting them - its inexcusable in my view that we are still faffing around with MME.

7] I look at my wholly Realtrack song in BIAB on screen in the BIAB GUI. I can see all the mislabelled buttons, and then beneath them I can see all the MIDI options like BANK Select, lsb ETC.
I can see that it displays 'Vibes' (there are no vibes at all) but even if I were to have a midi TRACK this would not work as the Forte DXI synth overides it without telling the GUI. I can see three buttons marked 'loop' two small ones and one large. If I hit the 'loopscn' one I know that it will also change my screen from chords to notation against my wishes. Why three anyway? Its redundant ridiculous. I see buttons like GM2, F, and +, which all handle very esoteric MIDI features which frankly dont need ot be there and could be hidden on some MIDI Window. All in all, when playing a Real Track the top panel is mostly irrelevent and/or misleading'

Overall, the way I feel about this is like a man in a village who goes to the only cart maker in the area and asked for a cart. The cart maker advertises his cart like others, but when you get it home, you realise that it only has three wheels. You go back to the cart maker and he says he will fix it in some update, you wait for a few updates and nothing happens. Your cart is very valuable to you, without it you could not get your goods to market atr all and even with its three wheels, its the best thing you have and there simply is no other cart maker to go to. You talk to some other villagers, but its clear that they have never seen a four wheel cart and 'like things the way they are'. So you lumber on and wait. You muse about Stockholm Syndrome...

8] Covolution Reverb? No this belongs to a Millenium PG have not yet reached.

9] Surround? OK well thats just funny. Ditto.

Now I am going to play SOUL EYES using BIAB, and TruePianos, I love the sounds I hear, only I cant record it without exporting the whole backing track to Cubase and running True Pianos there. If I do this I loose all ability to use BIAB Real Track Features. On an old Yamaha keyboard I had I could simply play with an accompaniment and hit the record button.

Yes its time for a fundamental rethink.

Zero

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Once again i remind you that what you want is there. REALBAND!!! it allows you to use what ever VSTi you want, TruePianos, lying-like-a-rug-pianos, and whatever. It has a MIXER, it allows use of a convolution reverb, or any kind of reverb for that matter. There are hundreds of free and for purchase effects and instruments that work with it. It has the ability to add RTS, and RDs, just like BiaB. You can drop a BiaB song into it and add more to the hearts content. You can add up to 48 tracks (I would love to see that expanded). You can use busses, and effects sends. You can choose what tool bars show. It has ACW, it has lyric windows. It uses ASIO, it has what you want. If you can't get it to work, call or email support and get help. If you can use cubase RB will work. Get support to help seriously.

Every now and then there is the cry for PG to completely redo BiaB into a combo of Sonar/Cubase/BiaB/Reaper/Fruityloops/Reason/microsoftoffice2015/photoshop/julieanne frymaker. They spent a lot of time and effort to give us a melding of BiaB and Powertracks. Best of both worlds. It is after all only three years in and I am sure will continue to grow and advance. More cool features will be added, existing ones refined, and better and more useable work flows. think about it, this year we got Elastique stretching!!!! Wow, that is way cool! I hope that Better ASIO and VSTi is on the table for next year, along with automation envelopes. Add those three and you got something here. Another cool area of upgrade would be to the mixer with a bit more flexable routing of groups and subgroups capability, and or some input as to how to really use these features better.

Imagine that RB allowed you to drag BiaB files over to it! (it does) that would be really great, but actually you do not need to you can simply open them!!

Can it get better, sure! Some things need a little care, like the VSTi coding so that it allows things like jamstix to work fully, and ASiO to work a little bit better. But does it all need to be scraped for a full on rewrite? NO! There are many folks here that like it as is, with small refinements.

Personally i use RB almost all the time now. BiaB only on rare occasions. But there are folks that use only BiaB, for practice, teaching, writing, scatch pad, live playing, making breakfast. How in the heck do you make that work for so many different needs by rewriting it as a new application? I understand the desire to want a basic facelift, re arrange some buttons, a newer looking GUI or skinable feature would be cool.

But why keep asking for something that already exist? Why not get it working and learn it? You might be stunned how good it works.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
RealBand works just fine on my new systems and old systems.

ASIO is and has never been necessary. When I tried it I got a whole month of grief. It was badly written. Actually very badly written.

As to several small buttons that say guitar, even my 60 yr. old eyes can see I put a fiddle there. Point taken, some people need to get different levels of input, but say i put that fiddle on strings, I know that Westering Home, that I spent several hours getting to work, has a fiddle there. There are only 4 instruments playing.

The LSB spinner, I have 2 good sounding hardware synths and I use them all the time.

I can record fine in both Band in a Box and RealBand. And I can start up Audacity, hit record and run everything back in through the mixer and I have a stereo track of the instruments.

I have a Behringher power mixer with 10 inputs, and a non power one with 5 and a Bose one with 4. 2 Work on stero in, the last on usb. All record fine.

I have lots of VST's I can use, I don't need them much.

At the end of the day, I can see a screen for newbies, a screen for recording, a screen for practice etc. But I'm doing ok as it is.

Now if you want to hear complaints about software...just try and talk to Bill Gates about the problems with his O/S. I'm sure he'll jump into the forum, or reply in person to your email. OTOH, Mr. Gannon sends me messages, replies, and works hard to offer great products, good customer support, and value for your dollar.

And you can get your money back. Try that one on Bill Gates.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Cant use Real Band here so I can't comment on it. I have a windows 7 64 bit system running on a Core i7 processor with 12 gig with a Focursrite Liquid channel 56 asound module. After several cross atlantic phone calls PG gave up on me. I tried the forum too and got some good support but no result. So I have to buy RB but not use it, just to get BIAB.

I suppose my system is not good enough? Well it runs everything else like a dream

I still think there should be one properly coded app.

"Every now and then there is the cry for PG to completely redo BiaB into a combo of Sonar/Cubase/BiaB/Reaper/Fruityloops/Reason/microsoftoffice2015/photoshop/julieanne frymaker"

That's just hyperbole,

LSB well some poeple still use it I know, but does it have ot use up GUI real estate? That was my point. Things like that could be hidden or pop up.

Other apps get a new GUI every so often and a back to the drawing board rethink, its in the nature of improving a product. Just adding new modules and not rethinking the connection between them is poor programming. Cleaving a program in two and saying you can do this in bit A and this in bit B.. well, I am lost for words...its such a dissapointment as there is also some amazingly good things going on
Bill Gates has nothing to do with anything, nor is getting your money back. This is wish list forum. I wish BIAB had a mixer and proper VST support and proper Asio support.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Zee if everything runs but RB and support can't help, and no one here can help you are just stuck my friend. If i remember correctly there was a lot of help offered, but you did not follow thru on all of it. I beleive we even offered to shadow your screen and take a look.

I mean RB and PTPA for that matter is not hard to setup. I have not anywhere near the machine you have and mine is solid as a rock, as is everyone elses. It has to be one small issue, either a IRQ conflict, or a driver issue, or something simple. RB runs so similar to BiaB that is is hard to understand.

I can see why you feel frustrated and want a rewrite, but really if you just worked through the RB issue you would have what you want.

Why not take another try at it. use the online chat feature for support, toss it out here again. Get one of the RB/PT gurus like Rharv or Mac to use crossloop or team viewer to shadow you and look at your setup.

it is well worth it.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I have a Windows 7 64 bit system with 1 tb hard drive, and 8 gigs of memory, plus another 8 gigs being used to boost the speed.

Band in a Box runs in either the current hard drive OR the external hard drive as shipped by PG Music.

Real Band also.

I run Pinnacle (Avid) software also.

All other systems and development work are done in Kubuntu or Ubuntu, and Android 2.2.

But I've never had any problem, except for the spurious idea that so much stuff was going on here pertaining to ASIO, I decided to try that. I went back to MME and everything is coming up tulips ever since.

Now that I have a new Korg keyboard, and that the stretching software is so much better, I am almost done with midi, though I use it once in a while.

I suspect your problem lies in the ASIO needs to run this stuff, when in fact you have to be some sort of guru to get it to work. At the end of the day, enjoy the RealTracks, explore them, and be happy.

Some here seem to get joy from messing with ASIO and Realband. I just don't need to go out and find the latest vocal plugin for ch 5 and take it to some gig. In fact, I found the complexities of any gigging solution where you need a computer/ Then an interface, then a proper screen keyboard and jacks to be detrimental to my mental health.

The wife plays her instruments, I play mine, and we get along fine.

When I did take it out NO one came up to me and said "That's a really cheesey guitar you've got there, what is it a Fender recorded from a casette tape you got at the dump?"

John Conley
Musica est vita
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I think "Z" you are missing a very important point here. PG is not cleaving a program in two, it is melding two programs together, just what you asked for. BiaB was never intented to be a Full on DAW recording system. It is in PG's not my own words:

"What is Band-in-a-Box?
Band-in-a-Box is an intelligent automatic accompaniment program for your multimedia computer. You can hear and play along to many song ideas and go from “nothing” to “something” in a very short period of time with Band-in-a-Box as your “on demand” backup band."

You on the other hand want a DAW type sequencer to replace cubase in the tool box that is more akin to BiaB which you like but it does not do everything you want or need. You want to take the project from creation to finish in one system. That is why PG developed RB, so you have a choice or either starting in BiaB, and moving over to RB, or just start and finish in RB. The problem is not that the tool does not exist, but the fact that yours does not work.

Again from PG's site: "RealBand is a fully-featured and powerful music arranging, sequencing, and digital recording program. RealBand is a new program that combines the most popular features from PG Music’s PowerTracks Pro Audio and Band-in-a-Box programs into an all-in-one sequencing program with automatic accompaniment."

I look at it this way, if you were building a book case and had a hammer, nails, sand paper, and a hand saw, you could get it done. But to make the job easier, you go out and buy a table saw, a compressor, and air nailer, and a sander, but you have no electricity on the job, those tools are worthless, right?

Rather than complain that the tool maker should take the hand tools, and the power tools, and make you a set of tools that does the job of both without electricity, why not just run an extension cord from a power source and use the right tools.

You need to figure out how to get RB to work for you so you have what you want, not expect PG to abandon their current path just because your system is not working at this moment with their program.

Lastly, You said above all companies do GUI updates, true, but what you are asking is far more than a GUI update, if that was all it is fine. Then it boils down to coming up with a nice face lift. But you want a full rewrite, and actually that has really already happened with RB, you just can not take advantage of it yet. So take another run at it, and let's all see if between Support and the fine folks here, we can get it working for you.

One other thought, take a look over at Cakewalks's Sonar X1 site, folks over there clamored for a big rewrite of Sonar, and they got it!! It has been a nightmare! Bugs galore, Crying and complaining. Actually a rewrite of BiaB to be an all in one program would be far more difficult than the rewrite at Sonar, since BiaB does things no other software can do, and would require a huge project. The way PG approached this to me is brillant. Taking a simple easy to use DAW, and medling in many of the basic features of BiaB, and slowly refining that we have a very handy app it so smart. Baby steps! Keep it as stable as possible. Grow it at a reasonable rate.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Just for the record I was offered a lot of good help on the forum but its still not working here even though I followed it all through.

I dont want BIAB to be a fully fledged sequencer - I have one of those Cubase.'~

"You on the other hand want a DAW type sequencer to replace cubase in the tool box that is more akin to BiaB which you like but it does not do everything you want or need. You want to take the project from creation to finish in one system"

Robh you have a habit of putting words in my mouth, then arguing against them and knocking them down.

At a minimum, I would be happy if I could load a decent piano VST into BIAB and record it along with a song - no can do here. Even if this is possible in RB it should also be possible in BIAB - this is no big deal its just what you would minimally expect from accompaniment software.

RB is not a 'fully featured Sequencer' at least not compared to the big boys - there is so much RB cant do as a sequencer. Your not going to find a Pro studio running RB - its OK as far as I can see, I am not saying its bad, its just not fully featured.

So over in Cakewalk Sonar X1 they may be having grief - well what is hte lesson you expect me to draw? - never update?? Never rethink an application? Doesn't hold water that argument.

Asking for a mixer in BIAB well, really I should even have to ask its just basic common sense

Maybe I dont understand RB but then I can't use it here, I did not say that others can't use it.

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
I have been using BIAB since the beginning, the early DOS versions, and really like it.

Yes, I am surprised that in 2011, the basic UI has not changed since the very first Windows version (made for Windows 3.1.) (Even the fact that it is by default installed in the root directory (rather than in Program Files), and doesn't use the registry. Those are not important at all to me, but just another indication that BIAB remains with its very first Win 3.1 setup, did not ever even adopt the changes of Win 95.)

It might be wise to spend some time and energy, not just in adding more and more similar pop and country RealTracks, but in trying to make some fundamental long-overdue changes to the app.

Not only in UI, but also in functionality. For instance, I am amazed that still, after all these years, and so many user requests for it, that chords cannot be changed at more than one per beat! When will that major limitation be fixed?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Even the fact that it is by default installed in the root directory (rather than in Program Files),

If you do put it in /Program Files (either one, for 64 bits), you will encounter UAC problems in Vista and Windows 7
Quote:

and doesn't use the registry.

And for this, Thank You, PG Music. One less thing for Windows to scramble.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,722
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197