Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#689888 12/10/21 08:25 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I like to quickly run thru new styles that get with each upgrade. I see if they fit any of my songs, and get inspired to write new songs.

It would be great to have NEXT > and < PREVIOUS buttons that can quickly load the style demos rather than having to double click (leave double clicking) but add the buttons.

ALSO, to mark a FAVORITE STYLE you currently need to right click, drop down menu, then click "ADD TO FAVORITES" It would great if this can be a button or a check box single quick click.

ALSO (this maybe there but I dont know) Is there a way to organize my favorite styles into groups, or sorts?

Thanks

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Elliott Kayne
I like to quickly run thru new styles that get with each upgrade. I see if they fit any of my songs, and get inspired to write new songs.

It would be great to have NEXT > and < PREVIOUS buttons that can quickly load the style demos rather than having to double click (leave double clicking) but add the buttons.

ALSO, to mark a FAVORITE STYLE you currently need to right click, drop down menu, then click "ADD TO FAVORITES" It would great if this can be a button or a check box single quick click.

+1+1+1

ALSO (this maybe there but I dont know) Is there a way to organize my favorite styles into groups, or sorts?

Take a look at this function, which may meet your needs

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-12-11_130131.jpg (128.04 KB, 188 downloads)
2021-12-11_130106.jpg (219.44 KB, 187 downloads)

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
Yes, that would be very helpful and would save a lot of time when working in the style picker reviewing styles.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
<< It would be great to have NEXT > and < PREVIOUS buttons that can quickly load the style demos rather than having to double click (leave double clicking) but add the buttons. >>

It's possible to do this from the Main Page and not have to go back and forth between the two pages.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-12-11_130131.jpg (134.73 KB, 173 downloads)

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
<< It would be great to have NEXT > and < PREVIOUS buttons that can quickly load the style demos rather than having to double click (leave double clicking) but add the buttons. >>

It's possible to do this from the Main Page and not have to go back and forth between the two pages.

Now click choose styles similar to Will it go wrong? two thousand and twenty-two

2021-12-11_230823.jpg (24.72 KB, 167 downloads)

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Now click choose styles similar to Will it go wrong? two thousand and twenty-two

That's a known issue that's been reported to developers and on my system only "Choose styles similar to current" selection is affected. The Load Next and Previous selections shown in the graphic work on my system without any issues.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran

SBM, I've reported this already, together with stack dump, and it's been acknowledged, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

SBM, I've reported this already, together with stack dump, and it's been acknowledged, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I also made this error when closing BIAB. Since I clicked the musical instrument diagram above the style on the left

When you close BIAB, will an error dialog box appear

2021-12-12_003744.jpg (55.13 KB, 152 downloads)
2021-12-12_020046.jpg (270.54 KB, 152 downloads)

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
S
[quote=Elliott Kayne]

[quote=Elliott Kayne]ALSO (this maybe there but I dont know) Is there a way to organize my favorite styles into groups, or sorts?

+1+1+1

It would be great to be able to “Group” Favorites.
This way you can Group your Favorite Styles that play well together—so, for example, when in a song you can pick a style for the bridge that you have already previously grouped together in the Favorites section of the style picker.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
Choosing "next" from the main page still chrashes and even if it worked it is not the same as just having to "klick once" when stepping through and reviewing the styles.

Selecting next from the main page involves 1. bringing upp the menue, 2. then click next. Very inefficient! would be so much more user friendly with just "one click" to step forward and reviewing the next style in the list.

(similar problems are when reviewing drums in the drum picker when selecting a specific drum one gets a list of styles which includes the specific drum pattern but here one is left with a list of styles in a small window, and have to find a way to print out that tiny window on paper then manually sit and keep trach with pen and paper when I am going back to the style picker to review the styles. I would have expected to be moved back to the style picker with a sorted list including only those styles including the specific drum pattern.

I do not find it easy or user friendly to effectively review styles or drum patterns in BIAB in order to try and find what I am looking for, very time consuming a lot of unnecessary steps to take as a user).

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
<< It would be great to be able to “Group” Favorites. >>

This is easy to do. Favorite's lists can be compiled in groupings as a user auditions or uses styles. When a style is found meeting the criteria the user establishes save as a Favorite and then save the list as a Favorite's Set. As many lists can be made and saved as a set as the wants.

This can also be done using the StylePicker Groups function.

Charlie

Favorite's List.png (6.9 KB, 120 downloads)
Favorite's List
Favorite's Sets.png (30.85 KB, 121 downloads)
Favorite's Set - Save and load Buttons

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Hello biab fans - As I have big issues with my > 4000 styles and songs and 100s of realtracks ..
I have following proposal - which would be really easy to implement ..

Selecting and Prelistening + RANKING of songs / styles / realtracks
========================================================
- its nice to have features like the pickers but as all of us use whether keyboards (computer or others), midi switches like stream deck or others, or midi footswitches
- with having 1000s of songs/styles and even realtracks its soooo hard to find your or MY favorites and also maybe also dont see others ..
- so lets introduce a ranking combined with setting as favorites

a) when in any picking dialog - you are already able to navigate via computer keyboard keys (up + down) this is very nice.
But on the other hand its not really useful as to start and stop playing I need to use the mouse (not nice) and am not able to set as favorite - though this is the best way to prelisten + rank your favorites

b) so if we add the typical DAW function aka SPACE to start and stop and S for SOLO (toggle between band and solo + start if initial) in realtracks dialog

c) then we have the possibility to add to favorites via KEYS 1 to 0 while the row marker is located at a row in the list
- the initial value is null aka empty which equals 0 = no favorite
- the 0-9 keys add or change the initial 0 to a rank - aka favorised - but not only a binary 0 1 or yes no - but a rank 0-9
With this featureset we are able to rank sooooooo fast ..
Esp. if you then even add this as a column - and we can sort by ranking (next to filter)
Means we have jazz styles only 1 or 1-3 or all
This way its soo easy to structure even in sets.

==

With this method you can
- select your favorites and even rank them
- do a sort of grouping (if you sort of redefine what 1 or 2 means ..
- so you can use 1 to 5 like starts and 6 to 9 like used in song or whatever

I guess in a brainstorming we would easily find like 10 or more additional uses or categories for players, producers for each rank level

At some point we can even introduce an individual naming (means could set or changed by us as users) like
0 = NO FAVORITE
1 = *
2 = **
3 = ***
4 = ****
5 = *****
6 = IN WORK
7 = USED IN MY SONGS
8 = NEEDS WORK

==

As a software engineer I know this function would take me a day max 3 including testing,
and it creates such a big value esp as our libraries get bigger and bigger every year

Steffen Bernd-(Blues-Funk-Fusion)
=
BiaBAudiop.2023,Cubase12,Cinesamples,UHE,TAL,Spire, Pianoteq,SWAM,IKMultim,Spitfire Audio,NICollector
Yamaha Montage,HammondXK5,ASM Hydrasynth,KawaiVPC1
Charvel,Gibson,Maybach,Vola+AXEFX Turbo
Basses FenderJazz,Sandberg
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
+1

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Just played around in the style picker dialog once again.
I filtered for funk .. as this is one of my favorite styles ..
Began to favorize ..

How did I?
1. Mouse click at the (fist) next one of a big list
2. continue with next until I liked one
3. Right click favorite
4. goto 2

so now - like 400 am done - was getting tired - its a hard job.
Again I realized .. its nice .. now I have favorized like 100 of 400

BUT
1. What if I shutdown the pc now
2. What if I now want to search for blues
3. What if I add a new library (like at least once a year)

-> Then I have to RE-LISTEN to all the not favorized
once again 300 of these 400.

As I wasnt able to say (look to my approach above)
Say 9 = DONT LIKE AT ALL

So I will never again have to listen to this styles/songs/realtracks I dont like.

Imagine what a timesave this alone.

==

Furthermore.
Lets say I have the energy to continue - and I tell you listening to 400 styles is already a lot ..
Then I am lets say I favorized 500 of 2000 or 1000 of 4000.

This is still a lot

With my above solution is MUCH easier.
As I would do like this.
1. go through with the keys ..
2. maybe this also includes an AUTO START of the next when going down
3. then I like the style/song.. very much .. say 5 = *****
4. or I like it a bit 3 = ***
5. or at least somehow 1 = *
6. or not at all 9 = DONT LIKE AT ALL

After this, with a column named "RANK".
I sort for the rank

With a filter like rank ..

I can stop my "ranking" at any time.
As I fully ranked ..
I did not only favorize - I also classified as "NOT FOR ME"

Especially this - is of so much value...

And to add it - its only a bit of code ..

(So I HOPE ...)

=
BiaBAudiop.2023,Cubase12,Cinesamples,UHE,TAL,Spire, Pianoteq,SWAM,IKMultim,Spitfire Audio,NICollector
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
ok as this featur may or not come in 2024ff

So I just took a day of my time and went through all styles.
In the end I have like 1000 favorites now. At least I like them all.

I saved it in a user list but now to get to a better and to more distinct selection the only way I see right now is to ..
unfavorite all in my list .. then do favorite sort of all to create smaller groups to make a sort of hierarchy of user lists.

This will again take days.

Does anybody know any better approach ?

=
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
One workaround is to import a StylePicker tab delimited file into a spread sheet. This allows you to customize the StylePicker data any way you want. How to create a tab delimited file?
  • Open StylePicker. (Note RealTracks & RealDrums also support this feature)
  • Select "Action" & "Copy list to clipboard" (Note RealTracks & RealDrums pickers have visible button.)
  • Wait while data is compiled and tab delimited text file is created. This may take a few minutes.
  • Completed tab delimited text file opens in Notepad.
  • Save tab delimited text file to desktop or another easy to find location.
  • Open spreadsheet program.
  • Import saved tab delimited text file into spreadsheet program.

Create tab delimited text files for RealTracks and RealDrums. Import each into a new page of your spread sheet. Then you can customize each page as you desire.

Clipboard01.jpg (479.21 KB, 67 downloads)
StylePicker > Action > Copy List To Clipboard
Clipboard02.jpg (29.75 KB, 67 downloads)
Tab Delimited file created
Clipboard03.jpg (417.78 KB, 67 downloads)
File opened in Notepad

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Hi Jim,

thx for for comment here.
I just analyzed the filestructure and saw how the realtracks and all of the other files were parsed .. when rebuilding the database ..
esp. with realtracks .. there is a solo and band wma which is what is played ..

So for me to find out I can listen to the wma files ..
then doing with this files what I want - as they are files ..
so maybe I write a small app which is able to playback these ..
Then I can do all I want with categorizing ..
This should for realtracks be rather easy ..

=
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Expert
Expert
C

Thanks

Try this (Band Style > Customize this list of Styles), it requires manual edition of txt files, but you can organize your favorite styles as you like.

1.png (28.03 KB, 24 downloads)

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,516
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193