Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#744800 12/15/22 05:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
A co-write with Brett Jones.

This one almost got there.
It was put on hold by Clay Walker (or his "people", really) the day it was demoed.
They kept the hold (for the "Hypnotize The Moon" album) for 3 months
(A "hold" is a verbal agreement, basically saying "we're considering recording this, so do not let anyone else have it".
Quite often holds don't last more than a week or two, while they make up their minds).
The producer (James Stroud) didn't like it, so they finally dropped it.
It was immediately put on hold by Jeff Carson.
They had it on hold for 11 months.
That entire time, they insisted they were going to record it (for the "Butterfly Kisses" album).
And... they did record it.
Unfortunately, when the record was released, it had been dropped.
No cigar.

Lyrics on the web page.

TWO LEFT FEET

(there is a Volume Control on the page.
You might want to turn it down before hitting the Play button.
It's quite loud on my computer...)

This might be the least amount of BIAB tracks I've ever used...

3513 Bass, Americana16thsSteve Ev16 075

I created a drum kit by loading samples into Impact - the Studio One drum synth.
I then programmed the drum track
I played the piano parts.
I programmed the main acoustic guitar using Ample Sound Martin Lite (free). Emulating the way I play.
There are 2 (very subtle) acoustic guitar tracks from NI Picked Acoustic (patterns)
There are 2 electric guitar tracks (also, subtle) from NI Electric Vintage (patterns)
There is a 3rd e. guitar track (all the fills) using the Melody Instrument portion of NI Electric Vintage that I played/programmed.

Comments of any sort.
Thanks for listening.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very lovely song Floyd.

Perfectly professional.

They were really stupid not to release this one.

It would have played forever

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful love song with soft yet expressive vocals and wonderful lyrics.
And, as expected smile , great arrangement and mix.

I think (from the producer's point of view) that the reason (or at least one of the reasons) why this song was dropped twice might be that the melody contradicts the lyrics.
Especially in the second half of the chorus, the melody suggests that someone is losing someone close to them, while the lyrics say the opposite.
It's not 'happy' enough. I don't think it's a bad choice per se, but it might not work in the context of the rest of the album.
But who knows what's going on (or not) in a producer's head crazy

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd,

Another quality song from you.

Good first line to the chorus.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd
The song is really good
The song structure and melody are nice
Your singing supports this also excellent
However, I would have let it crash even more from 2:24 ;-)
A slightly distorted rhythm guitar and a really rich drum sound with some reverb.
I come there really rave, Floyd
However, an absolutely great song
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey B.D.,

I very rarely contradict anything that is said on a song forum thread but this time I feel I have to.

I don't agree with what you just said. This was a different era and the music was meticulously crafted to that era. In my opinion it would have played at every country wedding during that time.

Today, where the lyrics are oooh baby, oooh baby, oooh baby, give it to me baby, give it to me baby, oooh baby, you might be right, but not in the context of the era he submitted it in.

FWIW.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey B.D.,

I very rarely contradict anything that is said on a song forum thread but this time I feel I have to.

I don't agree with what you just said. This was a different era and the music was meticulously crafted to that era. In my opinion it would have played at every country wedding during that time. Today ... you might be right, but not in the context of the era he submitted it in ....

(I think there's no problem discussing different opinions, especially when it comes to the music posted here.)

I guess you're right, I'm either (again) too young or don't know the genre well enough, probably both. There's not a lot of country music where I grew up.

Quote:
the lyrics are oooh baby, oooh baby, oooh baby, give it to me baby, give it to me baby, oooh baby

Too bad there's no ROFL smiley here.... hey, you should team up with Max Martin grin

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Excellent song Floyd. It really frustrates me when I hear something like this that should have made it, but didn't. Yes the production was a little loud in my speakers ( it distorted in a couple of spots), but the balance and arrangements were very good I thought. You've got more experience in pitching songs than I, but I really do think this is a good song and still worthy of pitching. It might (should) be picked up.

Brad

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I deliberately avoided looking at the other comments, once this one started, so as not to be influenced by them, of course.

MASTERPIECE.

Full stop / period.

Congratulations, both Floyd Jane and Brett Jones. Whoever wrote the lyrics is a genius, and whoever wrote the music is a master.

If I was still together with a certain special someone, I'd want to play it to her - and I can't think of a higher compliment than this one. Yes, the lyrics are universal enough for many (if not most) of us to be able to relate to them ... but they come across so effortlessly and sound so sincere, wrapped in these wonderful melodies ... hats off. Wish I wrote this song myself, haha - IF I'd had the skills to ;-) Congratulations :-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
These oh-so-close stories are fascinating, I'm sorry none of them have a happy ending but you were in the game and that's more than any of us can say. The piano really stood out for me on this one, but the whole thing was wonderful (of course) on every level. Loved the story, certainly related to it. Great song!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I think it was right for that period, Floyd and you only missed it by a whisker.
It's a nice write, particularly "i always thought i had two left feet
until i danced with you".

From such near misses, empires are made.

Vic

vicarn #744880 12/15/22 01:58 PM
User Showcase
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
FJ.

as always brilliant.

a classic song. loved the astaire reference.
great lyrics.

merry xmas

om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
There loss is our gain smile

This is the perfect wedding song

AS usual everything is done to perfection

An outstanding song

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The rim click is so gentle in the beginning of the 1st verse that I thought you'd left a metronome on.
it makes sense soon enough but had me wondering...no one else seems to be bothered so 0,0001 grams of NaCl.
Holds end up being a constraint of business it seems. There should be a weekly fee.
LOVELY song and a very lovely vocal performance.
The band is unobtrusive, picks up around the dance and falls back in a terrific demonstration or restraint & dynamics.
The narrative is a very sweet variation of "a match made in...".
I enjoyed this most thoroughly.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
I don't know what they used for the Butterfly Kisses album, but I'm quite sure I would not have agreed with them.......I've heard very few albums in my life where this song would not have made is stronger!!!!!! It is SO difficult to write a sentimental song that finds the balance. Very easy to overdo it, be trite, or fall into any one of a million traps, but this avoids all of them and completely shines!!!! Brings a tear to my eyes!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent write, soulfully sung. An arrangement that stays out of the way of the vocal, so subtle I barely noticed the build.

The language is natural, but has nice inner rhymes that hold it together. And the story has real heart and emotion.

Nice playing on everything. Beautiful piano.

Expressively sung, from a quiet introspection to a plaintive cry.

I see how "Two Left Feet" is a more interesting title, but "Till I Danced With You" seems the more natural title.

So good! Really, really nice! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
FJ,
I am not too familiar with country, just know music of a dozen of big shots and forumers here, but I do have a pretty good feel if the song is done well or a passthrough. After I read the backstory and listened to Two Left Feet, I headed to youtube and listened to Jeff Carson song (from 97 album). I honestly don't know why they passed on yours. In my view of just a listener, it would have been a very good fit. While Jeff's tune was recorded very professionally, but I liked drive on yours better.

In any case, excellent lyrics/storyline. Ace vocals. Nice piano lines. Neat work on NI stuff (take a look at "Mint" if you don't have it yet) . Great mix and listens well. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
floyd

Lovely song - excellent piano parts.

All the guitars sounded good with wonderful vocal harmonies.

Excellent song writing.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd, I am pleased to hear how far you’ve progressed on piano. You played beautifully on this. A great write that was missed by Nashville. It would have been a good fit for Carson. The mix of course was fantastic. The vocals among your best! We opened for Jeff in the late 90’s and coincidentally our guitar player was named Clay Walker. Ha! This no doubt a beautiful ballad and I hesitate to even mention this but it crossed my mind on the first and subsequent listens. Although Fred Astaire is a cultural touchstone for us and older generations, I wonder if the younger generations are even aware of him. I wonder if that came into play in their decision. Although on the other hand Marilyn Monroe and other icons are still frequently used in lyrics. Just sayin…. This personal observation should not detract from the fact that this is a wonderfully written, performed and produced piece of art, Best to ya, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The title is quite intriguing. What is he gonna write about that? Then you, in typical Floyd Jane fashion, make it such a perfect hook. Sucha good write, so well performed and mixed. My thoughts on the producer who likely owed someone a favor and passed on this beauty is he missed a golden opportunity to snag an up-coming brilliant song writer and performer. If he was any good at spotting talent, he would have said, "Never mind the song, bring in the singer who wrote this and let's cut an album." So glad he didn't actually because I likely would've missed all this magic you make.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199