Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#747324 12/31/22 11:42 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
There is nothing else that can give world class session musicians right in your studio DAW.
There are a few VSTi's that can give some recorded patterns but nothing to the extent of the recordings that Biab has.

The BBPlugin has been a start to get away from the learning curve of trying to work out Biab and not being able to sync it to your DAW workstation to create the tracks you need.

The BBPlugin can become a Professional Industry Standard Goto as long as these issues are sorted out:
Generate and Play tracks instantly in the Plugin by playing the source files direct from the generated text data, no rendering down to wav at all (unless needed to export).
Fit and sync with any Time Signature in the DAW.
Sync with any decimal varying tempo map.
Go over 255 bars.
48khz / 24bit source wav/aiff files.

If there are anymore you recommend, please list them.
At the moment there's not as much use of the BBPlugin as there should be simply because you can generate and play in Biab very quick and simply drag export files.
With the above way the Plugin could load a frozen Biab SGU and play it back identical instantly, no waiting and waiting and getting cups of coffee.

musocity #756498 03/04/23 01:35 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>>Generate and Play tracks instantly in the Plugin by playing the source files direct from the generated text data, no rendering down to wav at all (unless needed to export).

Yes, planned for sometime in 2023.

>>Fit and sync with any Time Signature in the DAW.
Sync with any decimal varying tempo map.

We plan to add support for floating point tempos and any time signature, in BiaB, plug-in, and RB.

>Go over 255 bars.

Yes, planned for BiaB & plug-in. Already possible in RB.

>48khz / 24bit source wav/aiff files.

We have source wavs for this 24/48, and are looking into it. This I will take time, but should be worth it.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
PeterGannon #756542 03/04/23 04:09 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You can use the bbw4 generated txt for now then once that's working smoothly start transitioning the generate code over and the tabbed multipicker within the VST.

PeterGannon #761201 04/11/23 10:39 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
C
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
We plan to add support for floating point tempos and any time signature, in BiaB, plug-in, and RB.

Will this addition allow the VST plugin to properly sync to a host even if the tempo is varying (such as ritardando and accelerando)?

Thank you!

Chicago #761238 04/11/23 04:15 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Yes it should do that as well as time signatures.
So the DAW tempo will send to the Plugin and the audio playback rate will be changed on the fly to match the DAW current tempo so even if it's 120.578bpm it will adjust the audio or midi playback according.
You can write the source RT tempo to the wav file if you want to render and it will fit the DAW track or you can drag a midi tempo map from the DAW into the Plugin and it will read the tempo map and time signatures.

musocity #761254 04/11/23 09:47 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
Veteran
S
I think the BIAB VST is more advertised than used.
It was because I saw the BIAB VST plug-in that I started to pay attention to BIAB again.
However, in my experience, I think I can just use BIAB. Because BIAB VST is not as stable and convenient as expected.

The authorities should put more time and effort into BIAB itself, because there are so many things that need to be improved, and even a few more modern music styles are important.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
swingbabymix #761258 04/11/23 10:37 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

Thinking doesn't make it so.
I use it with every project that makes it to my DAW.
Where is you "expertise"?

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
swingbabymix #761311 04/12/23 08:23 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
C
It was because I saw the BIAB VST plug-in that I started to pay attention to BIAB again.

I'm in the same boat. I had a trial version over 15 years ago but decided then the software wasn't quite there yet.
Ran across a good sale recently and grabbed the UltraPak+. Unfortunately I can't run any of the stand-alone versions as they do not allow me to choose my ASIO driver (RME Fireface) or it just crashes.
The VST3 plugin has not crashed on me even though it has exhibit a host of other issues (no audio from the plugin seems to be working e.g.).
I still have a few weeks to evaluate the software and frankly, I'm on the fence.

Chicago #761381 04/12/23 11:00 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Chicago
they do not allow me to choose my ASIO driver (RME Fireface) or it just crashes.

It may well be worth using PGM's chat service for this. You'll get real knowledgeable staff who can usually help, not a chatbot.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Chicago #761400 04/13/23 03:36 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
Veteran
S
[quote=swingbabymix]Unfortunately I can't run any of the stand-alone versions as they do not allow me to choose my ASIO driver (RME Fireface) or it just crashes.

When I was using BIAB, I never used AISO.

When I use STUDIO ONE, I set ASIO

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
swingbabymix #761402 04/13/23 03:41 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
[quote=swingbabymix]Unfortunately I can't run any of the stand-alone versions as they do not allow me to choose my ASIO driver (RME Fireface) or it just crashes.

When I was using BIAB, I never used AISO.

When I use STUDIO ONE, I set ASIO

Same here, I use ASIO in Studio One and MME in BiaB. This way I can have both active at the same time.

The only reasons to use ASIO in BiaB is if you are recording into it or if you have a ton of tracks and your playback is having glitches. Personally I never record in BiaB.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Gordon Scott #761411 04/13/23 05:23 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
C
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
It may well be worth using PGM's chat service for this. You'll get real knowledgeable staff who can usually help, not a chatbot.

That's really good to know, thanks.

MarioD #765881 05/19/23 09:49 AM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
C
Originally Posted By: MarioD

The only reasons to use ASIO in BiaB is if you are recording into it or if you have a ton of tracks and your playback is having glitches.

Or if your interface only has ASIO drivers.

Chicago #765910 05/19/23 03:33 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

The only reasons to use ASIO in BiaB is if you are recording into it or if you have a ton of tracks and your playback is having glitches.

Or if your interface only has ASIO drivers.

Band-in-a-Box has two other audio driver selections, MME and WAS. Both are audio interface agnostic because both are operating system drivers. However since they are "generic" drivers provided by the operating system and not the equipment manufacturer, they can induce more latency when recording. For that reason, when the equipment manufacturer provides an ASIO driver most people prefer using the supplied ASIO driver while recording.

But the generic audio drivers have an advantage over most ASIO drivers; they can be used by multiple programs at the same time while most ASIO drivers can only work with one program at a time. That's a huge advantage when you're trying to use Band-in-a-Box with a DAW or with some streaming platform.

Some find it is easier to let whatever program is recording use the ASIO driver and programs not recording use WAS or MME.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195