Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I asked ChatGPT:

I’d like help writing a song.
Let me give you a sample verse, OK?

The AI replied:

Sure, I'd be happy to help you write a song! Please go ahead and provide a sample verse and we can start from there.

I provided the verse, which I wrote when I was 12:

I went to turn up my television set
When suddenly the picture went
Stores never seem to have exactly what I need to get
Why am I here? Why was I sent?

The AI replied:

Here is a possible chorus that builds on your verse:

I don't know why I'm here, what my purpose is
Feeling lost, alone, and dismissed
Is there more to life than this?
I don't know why I exist

You could then continue with another verse that explores similar themes, or you could add a bridge section that offers a different perspective or introduces a new idea. Here is an example of a second verse that expands on the themes in your original verse:

Everything seems so meaningless and hollow
I try to find joy, but it's hard to follow
The days blur together, a never-ending cycle
Trapped in a routine, it's hard to find the sparkle

Here is another potential chorus:

I don't know why I'm here, what's the point of it all?
Feeling lost and alone, I just want to crawl
Into a hole and hide, escape from the pain
But I know I can't give up, I have to find my way

There are many other directions you could take your song. Here are a few additional ideas for verses that could build on the theme of questioning one's purpose in life:

I try to find some meaning in the things I do
But nothing seems to stick, I'm feeling blue
I go through the motions, day after day
But deep down inside, I'm lost in the fray

I look to others for guidance, some sign of hope
But no one seems to have all the answers, I'm on my own
I try to keep it together, put on a brave face
But inside I'm falling apart, lost in this place

I hope these suggestions are helpful! If you have any specific questions or need more guidance, please don't hesitate to ask. Remember that writing can be a great way to express and process your feelings, so don't be afraid to take your time and explore different ideas as you work on your song.

Last edited by Mark Hayes; 01/06/23 05:12 AM.
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Cool stuff! Look about 7 posts down in this same forum and you'll see the previous topic on this. I was fascinated and posted a screenshot of my search. People are being taken over by AI!!! Skynet is active! smile AI lyrics, AI voice synth, bass/guitar/drum synths. Robots will have all the fun when we're long gone. LOL I do love it though.

I would do some Google searches on any generated lyrics just to see if it infringes on copyright.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Untitled3.jpg (93.41 KB, 718 downloads)

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Cool stuff! Look about 7 posts down in this same forum and you'll see the previous topic on this. I was fascinated and posted a screenshot of my search. People are being taken over by AI!!! Skynet is active! smile AI lyrics, AI voice synth, bass/guitar/drum synths. Robots will have all the fun when we're long gone. LOL I do love it though.

I would do some Google searches on any generated lyrics just to see if it infringes on copyright.

Thanks, I had seen (but forgot) that thread at https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=745787. I remember being amazed by the AI’s capabilities there and, in my own experiment, its ability to spin up new material off an example with zero guidance. Wow and yikes.

Here’s where the actual tool lives, it will cost you sharing an email address but that’s all:

https://chat.openai.com/chat

Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
An interesting response!

Me:
Could a songwriter use the songwriting program “Band in a Box” together with ChatGPT to compose the lyrics?

ChatGPT:
Yes, it is possible for a songwriter to use Band-in-a-Box in conjunction with a language model like GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) to compose lyrics for a song. One way to do this would be to use Band-in-a-Box to create the musical accompaniment for the song, and then feed the chord progression and other musical information into a GPT model as input. The GPT model could then generate lyrics that fit the melody and structure of the song.

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Nice! Kinda like the chords that the AI came up with in the other post, but in reverse.

Quote:
(Me)Oh! By the way, could you suggest some bluegrass chords to go along with those lyrics

(ChatGpT)Certainly! Here are some bluegrass chords that could go along with the revised lyrics I provided:

Verse 1:
G - D - Em - C
G - D - C - G

Chorus:
C - G - Am - F
C - G - C - G

Verse 2:
G - D - Em - C
G - D - C - G

Chorus:
C - G - Am - F
C - G - C - G

Bridge:
Am - F - C - G
Am - F - C - G

Outro:
C - G - Am - F
C - G - C - G

(ChatGpT)These chords should provide a happy, upbeat sound that goes well with the lyrics. You can play them on a guitar or another instrument of your choice. I hope this helps!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Easy enough to feed the output back in as input!

I seem to have put the bot into a depressed mood, it’s continuing its earlier theme of existential crisis…

What lyrics would go with these chords?

Verse 1:
G - D - Em - C
G - D - C - G

(etc.)

Here are some lyrics that you could use with these chords:

Verse 1:
I wake up every morning
Feeling lost and all alone
I try to find my way
But I'm just spinning on my own

Chorus:
Everything I try to do
Feels like I'm running in place
I'm reaching out for something new
But it's just a empty space

Verse 2:
I keep on searching for the light
That will guide me through the dark
But I can't seem to find my way
And my heart feels torn apart

Chorus:
Everything I try to do

Bridge:
I don't know where I'm going
But I'll keep on moving on
I'll find my way somehow
Even when the road seems long

Outro:
Everything I try to do

Songwriting
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Existential Bluegrass

Byron Dickens

BIAB. CbB. Mixbus 32C 8 HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.

https://soundcloud.com/athanorsoundlabs
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
"Wow and yikes."

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
I suppose we should not be surprised by all this. I thought the lyrics were pretty good, actually.

Technology seems to be advancing at a log rhythmic rate. Even if AI becomes better at writing lyrics than humans, I think we humans will continue to write.

I see this as a good idea generator.

So...if an AI writes my lyrics, do I have to inform anyone? Can an AI get a Copywrite on its original work? If I own the AI... I say some of this jokingly, but my guess is at some point, there will be legal issues to deal with.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
So...if an AI writes my lyrics, do I have to inform anyone? Can an AI get a Copywrite on its original work? If I own the AI... I say some of this jokingly, but my guess is at some point, there will be legal issues to deal with.

Looks like you don't have to worry about that, per the other post referenced above.....
Quote:
(Me)Yes, just perfect. Do you want your name in the writing credits?
(ChatGpT)Thank you for the revised lyrics! As an AI, I don't have a personal name or receive credits for the work I do. My primary goal is to assist users like you to the best of my ability and provide helpful and accurate information. I'm glad that I could be of help to you today. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Steve

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
I decided to give this a try. Here are the results. The AI did correct my spelling!

I’d like help writing a song.
Let me give you a sample verse, OK?

Certainly! I'd be happy to help you write a song. Go ahead and give me your sample verse, and we can start from there.

I wrote this some time ago, and it is a finished song that I have never recorded. The song changes time signatures and rhythm structure in places. This is the part of the first verse and chorus.

Ciggerett glowing in the dark, thinking about this broken heart, pictures of an old redeo, remind me of places I use to go, there is just to much confusion, is it all illusian, is there anyway on out of here

Thanks for sharing your verse with me! This is a really evocative and emotional opening to your song. It paints a vivid picture of someone who is feeling lost and unsure, and the imagery of the cigarette glowing in the dark and the pictures of the old rodeo add to the sense of nostalgia and longing.

One thing that might help to strengthen the structure of your verse is to consider adding a rhyme scheme. This can help to give your lyrics a sense of musicality and make them more memorable for listeners. For example, you could try using an ABAB rhyme scheme, where the first and third lines rhyme and the second and fourth lines rhyme. Here's an example of how your verse could look with a rhyme scheme added:

Cigarette glowing in the dark
Thinking about this broken heart
Pictures of an old rodeo
Remind me of places I used to go

Is there any way out of this confusion
Is it all an illusion
Is there any way out of here

Another thing to consider is the overall theme and message of your song. What are you trying to say with your lyrics? Is there a specific emotion or experience that you want to convey to listeners? Having a clear idea of the message you want to communicate can help you to craft lyrics that are more focused and impactful.

I hope these suggestions are helpful, and I'm here to offer any other assistance or guidance as you continue to work on your song. Let me know if you have any questions or need any further assistance!

can you suggest additional lyrics?
Sure, I'd be happy to suggest some additional lyrics for your song! Here are a few ideas that might help to expand on the themes and emotions you've already introduced in your verse:

Chorus:

"I'm feeling lost and all alone
"I don't know where to go
"I'm searching for a way to find my way back home"
Verse 2:

"I used to think that love was true
"But now I see that it was all a lie
"I gave you everything I had
"But you just let me down and said goodbye"
Bridge:

"I'm tired of feeling this pain
"I want to find my way again
"I'm ready to leave this all behind
"And start living my life one more time"
I hope these suggestions help to spark some ideas for you! Remember, these are just ideas, and you should feel free to use them as inspiration or to come up with your own lyrics that capture the emotions and themes you want to express in your song. If you have any specific questions or need further guidance, just let me know!

OMG...another silly love song...lol

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
This thing can answer some pretty complex questions!

Example

planobillyfl@gmail.com
what is the size of the coronavirus in nanometers?
The size of the coronavirus is around 125 nanometers in diameter. It is a small virus, about one-tenth the size of most other viruses.

planobillyfl@gmail.com
How does RNA affect immunity?

RNA, or ribonucleic acid, plays a number of important roles in the immune system. It is involved in the production of proteins that help to defend the body against infections and other diseases.

For example, when a virus infects a cell, it often injects its own genetic material, which can be either DNA or RNA, into the host cell. The host cell's machinery will then start producing more viruses using the genetic instructions provided by the viral RNA.

To combat this, the immune system produces special proteins called antiviral interferons, which can bind to the viral RNA and prevent it from being used to produce more viruses. This helps to limit the spread of the infection and can also stimulate other immune responses that help to clear the infection.

Additionally, some immune cells, such as T cells and B cells, use RNA to help identify and target infected cells or foreign substances. They do this by expressing receptors on their surface that can bind to specific RNA sequences. This helps the immune cells to recognize and attack the cells or substances that are causing the infection or threat to the body.

Pretty cool stuff.

Billy

EDIT: I can also verify that the answer was correct.

Related question and answer.

planobillyfl@gmail.com
What effect do calcium channels have in controlling disease?

Calcium channels are proteins that are found in the cell membranes of many types of cells, including muscle cells, nerve cells, and immune cells. They play a vital role in controlling the movement of calcium ions into and out of the cell, which can have a number of important effects on the functions of the cell.

In the immune system, calcium channels are involved in a number of processes that are important for fighting disease. For example, they are involved in the activation and function of immune cells such as T cells and B cells, which play a key role in the body's immune response.

Calcium channels are also involved in the secretion of cytokines and other signaling molecules, which help to coordinate the immune response and recruit other immune cells to the site of an infection.

Additionally, calcium channels are involved in the contraction of smooth muscle cells, which can be important in certain types of inflammation. For example, they can play a role in the constriction of blood vessels, which can help to limit the spread of an infection or reduce swelling at the site of an injury.

Overall, calcium channels are an important part of the body's immune system, and dysregulation of calcium channels has been implicated in a number of immune-related disorders.

Now I am going to ask this thing some seriously complex structural engineering questions...lol

Last edited by Planobilly; 01/06/23 03:11 PM.

Seize the moo-ment
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
I just can't wait to finish a song with AI generated lyrics and vocals, my two weakest points in music creation, LOL.

Steve

Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Thanks for sharing your verse with me! This is a really evocative and emotional opening to your song. It paints a vivid picture of someone who is feeling lost and unsure, and the imagery of the cigarette glowing in the dark and the pictures of the old rodeo add to the sense of nostalgia and longing.

Wow, it really likes you.

I can see how winning this thing’s praise / approval could become addictive.

PS — DALL-E, the text-to-image AI, uses the same login and lives at https://labs.openai.com/.

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
What Steve said!

Thanks, Mark, I have just gone there.

I also want AI lyrics, vocals, and AI-generated video art to match the song.

You guys are real troublemakers, and you got me all involved in the AI stuff...lol

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
LOL Billy.....

Then there's the UJam Virtual Bassist and Guitar on my tracks as well as EZ Keys and Superior Drummer. I guess I'm all in the box! smile

Steve

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Don't even mention EZkeys, EZ bass, or Superior Drummer...lol I have enough of their stuff to cause a divorce...lol OH and Trillian's bass software. Just shoot me...

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Songwriting
Expert
Expert
Bearing in mind that AI is constructing lyrics based at least partially on existing texts on which it has been trained, what are the risks of using AI lyrics and then finding oneself or the receiving end of a plagiarism challenge?

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Songwriting
K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
K
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
Bearing in mind that AI is constructing lyrics based at least partially on existing texts on which it has been trained, what are the risks of using AI lyrics and then finding oneself or the receiving end of a plagiarism challenge?

What a great problem to have !! Because that would mean, one of my lame songwriting efforts had passed muster with my family and friends who all said “get Ed Sheeran or Beyoncé or Paul McCartney to record it”… and I called one of them up and they said “Yes”… and it sold milillions of copies and instead of making ALL of the profit - I only made SOME of the profit…. I would LOVE to have that problem !! grin

Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott

Probably about the same as the risk of writing lyrics yourself and subconsciously plagiarizing something you once heard.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,500
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195