Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love the groove happening with this one, right in the pocket.

Nice write (and mix), Bud, and Janice sounds great as per usual. Love your tone, Peter! And the volume swells too, perfect for the song.

You three never disappoint, another great song!

P.S. Cool ending too BTW.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: vicarn
An interesting, thought provoking lyric brings to mind that 1937 saying that goes something like:
"I've been rich and I've been poor and on the whole, rich is better."
This song is trying to disprove that and goes some way to show it.

The mix is good and Peter's guitar part fits very well. Janice contributes her excellent vocal signature.
Well done all.

Vic

Thanks Vic for the interesting quote and the nice supportive review.
We three appreciate your time to listen!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool song idea, and excellent lyrics. You guys never fail to please. Janice, all of those vocals are crazy good and very creative. Peter, your guitar work is always top-notch and perfect for the song --whatever kind of song. I particularly enjoyed your taste on the solo. 5 guitar tracks for one song and then another from BiaB. Outstanding mix, Bud. All my zeros are at the beginning of my bank balance, not the end. And I must say, life does look grand through all those zeros, and it sounds better because of what you guys do.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Every time I think "A few more zeroes would be nice..." what I get is Zero. Zero. Zero.
That amounts to nothing.

Killer Groove! A cool "pulse". Interesting drums.
Peter does some of his best guitar work ever. Nice.

Janice is excellent - as always.
Cool harmonies.

Good write. Lyrics and melody.

Excellent mix (needless to say).

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Another lovely song of you guys.
Great guitar work, good lyrics and of course beautifully sung by Janice.
Very well done!

Anne-Marie

Thanks for the listen and nice comments!

J&B

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hey Guys,

Very nice. Janice's vocal & BGV's sound great! (does she ever not sound great!)
Also thought the instrumentation and mix were well done... I often ponder panning as well. crazy
Peter's guitar tracks are outstanding... Very tasty!

Great Job!

Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Great work from all involved, great song, vocals, guitars, arrangement, mix...absolutely nothing to complain smile

Glad it worked for you!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I’ve often said winning the lottery is a great way to screw up your life. I think billionaires live by the credo of Money’s not everything but it’s way ahead of whatever’s in second place. I have a few friends from high school who managed to hit it really big and every time I’ve talked to them all they want to talk about is money. I found that very sad. So having said all that, great concept, well written, good arrangement and the mix is spot on. Janice again delivers the goods with the melody, harmonies and delivery. Peter steps up with some of his most complimentary guitar. Love the volume swells! You three come through again,Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Really excellent.

Great sound and mix and playing.

It's all good as usual.

I love listening to your songs.

They never feel to please the ears.

smile

Big time!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This was as always a fun project to be involved in. It's a treat coming up with the guitar parts and hearing what Bud does with them.

Thanks to everyone who has mentioned my part in this.

Always appreciated.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
All those guitar swells gave this a very Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac sound to me. Really good lyrics. And Janice singing is always incredible. Great job, team!

Thank for all.

We appreciate the kind mention of the guitar, vocals and write!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
There's more than a little snark in this song. wink

Excellent singing by Janice, tasty guitar from Peter. Nicely balanced mix from Bud - everything is clear and even.

Nice work, all!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Team JB&P!

Wonderful music !
I like everything about it,
the tune, Janice superb vocals, Bud´s lyrics
and mixing and Peter´s superb playing !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: firesong
J&B and Peter...when I first saw the title I thought what in the world could this be about? cool concept and really cool song...again you've more than covered all the basses...lyrically interesting, vocally top-notch and instrumentally so well constructed and played...Janice's smooth vocal and Peter's smooth guitar riffs are such a great musical marriage...Bud, great job hooking it all together...I really enjoyed this one guys!

Thank you.

You mentioned all of our objectives as met and the three of us appreciate it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent lyrics, Bud. Spot on message. Janice's voice is expressive and has a pleasant timbre. Peter's guitar is ace again.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Love the groove happening with this one, right in the pocket.

Nice write (and mix), Bud, and Janice sounds great as per usual. Love your tone, Peter! And the volume swells too, perfect for the song.

You three never disappoint, another great song!

P.S. Cool ending to BTW.

Thanks for all and we agree that Peter had a great idea with the swells. And special thanks for mentioning the tag!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Janice waxes philosophical about the end-times and the band is down with it.
From what we have seen of the current iteration, this is a departure, but this little bird told me it thinks maybe you've done this style, in the past. Oh, that guitar chop is amazing.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice to hear a pop song from you for a change and to notice how you all excel also in this category, fresh and original tune. Melancholy story with many nice lines like "friends are running while the hour glass runs dry". I really like the chord progression, especially in the solo part, where Peter's playing and pleasant guitar sound shine brighter than ever. Very professional work from the singing/harmonies to the mixing.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Cool song idea, and excellent lyrics. You guys never fail to please. Janice, all of those vocals are crazy good and very creative. Peter, your guitar work is always top-notch and perfect for the song --whatever kind of song. I particularly enjoyed your taste on the solo. 5 guitar tracks for one song and then another from BiaB. Outstanding mix, Bud. All my zeros are at the beginning of my bank balance, not the end. And I must say, life does look grand through all those zeros, and it sounds better because of what you guys do.

You are too kind Marty. You never fail to put smiles on our faces and for that we are most appreciative!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J&B,

Love the tune! The rhythmic change to start the first verse is very effective! The vocals are super again supporting the excellent lyrics! The guitar parts are really hitting where they should and are a great addition to the song! The overall sound is great and produced very well! I enjoyed it!

Thanks, T

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195