Go To
Beginners Forum
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Bonjour tout le monde! :-))

ravi de revenir ici, où le savoir qui m'échappe semble une évidence pour tout le monde!

deux questions m'amènent. Les deux dernières, promis! Voici les faits:

Pour me procurer Band-in-a-Box, je suis passé par http://www.ipemusic.com/pgmusic. Je n'aurais vraisemblablement pas dû...de deux choses l'une:
ou bien je suis devenu plus stupide qu'un dindon qui trouve une table des logarithmes et qui n'saurions qu'en faire,
ou bien il y a vraiment un problème de "procédures" avec certains programmes...

En effet, je me suis retrouvé contraint au téléchargement d'un bouzin innommable nommé "bandinabox_download_manager_setup_1.0.66",
d'une taille de 62,4 Mo, et je vous donne ma parole qu'on ne m'a pas laissé le choix: la page n'offrait aucune autre option!

J'ai donc douneloudé le bidule, ouvert le bidule, installé le bidule, et puis...échec du bidule.
Je veux dire par là qu'il n'y avait rien à comprendre à ce que j'étais censé faire...tout était soit incompréhensible, soit impossible! crazy
J'ai donc désinstallé le bidule manu énervari, et suis sorti grommeler dans la rue en tirant une tronche de croque-mort hépathique. Ca soulage, sur le coup.
Par conséquent, à l'exception du bidule lui-même, (que j'ai toujours, mais sous forme d'intalleur, comme si je ne l'avais jamais ouvert)
plus rien de cette mésaventure ne subsiste sur mon ordi pour le moment.

Ce qui subsiste, en revanche, c'est le fait que j'ai bel et bien payé 129€ pour un programme que je n'ai toujours pas, et le sentiment de m'être fait empapaouter...

Résultat des courses, coincé comme un pourcentage dans une déclaration de revenus, je me vois amené, de deux choses l'une:
-ou bien à me faire rembourser mes 129€ et renoncer à Band-in-a-Box, mais franchement, je trouverais ça rageant!
-ou bien à revenir ici m'adresser à ceux qui savent, ou ont vécu une expérience similiaire que leur HP les autorise à raconter, et qui me diront peut-être ce qui s'est passé!

D'où les deux questions qui m'amènent:

A) Les emm... que j'ai eus sont-ils normaux? En d'autres termes, existe-t-il une adresse, ailleurs, où le parcours serait moins labyrinthesque? Où j'achèterais juste un installeur, et basta?
B) Au cas où ce lamentable fiasco serait dû à une erreur de ma part, ce qui signifierait tout recommencer depuis le début (pourquoi pas, après tout...?), quelqu'un sait-il comment s'y prendre?
Après tout, j'ai peut-être simplement besoin que mon cerveau fasse une mise-à-jour, histoire de coller un peu plus aux procédures nouvelles et à la philosophie qui les sous-tend?

Anecdote:
avant le téléchargement du bidule en question, j'ai pu lire un court texte, sur la page, qui expliquait que ce programme est destiné à rendre la procédure d'installation "plus simple que la vieille méthode manuelle..."
Et soudain, je pense à Guitry, qui disait à propos des sens giratoires destinés aux automobiles:
"tout ceci est fort compliqué, comme tout ce qui est destiné à simplifier la vie!"

Et voilà! Vous savez tout à propos de là où j'en suis, ce qui n'est pas compliqué puisque je fais du sur-place, en fait! :-D

il me reste à vous remercier de votre patience d'abord et de vos réponses ensuite, et à vous souhaiter la meilleure semaine possible!

amicalement

Alceste

Alceste-le-Loup

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
From many years of poorly understanding French, I think this is a question about purchasing BIAB, downloading the installer, and not receiving the full program. I think the question also asks if there is a better way to contact PG Music. From other posts by this user, this topic is about a Windows computer but this user is very experienced with BIAB on the Mac.

You can contact Support in one of several ways:

Try the Live Chat, which is that blue bubble on the lower right of your screen (if they are waiting online).

Or click on The Support column header, in the third row down on your screen, the blue row.

There is also a French language forum for BIAB, here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=15&page=1

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Google Translate gives:

Hello everybody! :-))

delighted to be back here, where the knowledge that eludes me seems obvious to everyone!

two questions lead me. The last two, I promise! Here are the facts:

To get Band-in-a-Box, I went to http://www.ipemusic.com/pgmusic. I probably shouldn't have...one of two things:
or else I've become dumber than a turkey who finds a table of logarithms and doesn't know what to do with it,
or else there is really a problem of "procedures" with certain programs...

Indeed, I found myself forced to download an unnameable book named "bandinabox_download_manager_setup_1.0.66",
62.4 MB in size, and I give you my word that I was left with no choice: the page offered no other options!

So I douneloud the widget, opened the widget, installed the widget, and then...failed the widget.
By that I mean there was nothing to understand what I was supposed to do...everything was either incomprehensible or impossible! crazy
So I uninstalled the manu énervari gizmo, and went out grumbling in the street, pulling a hepathic undertaker's face. It relieves, instantly.
Therefore, with the exception of the thingy itself, (which I still have, but in installer form, as if I had never opened it)
nothing of this misadventure remains on my computer for the moment.

What remains, however, is the fact that I did indeed pay €129 for a program that I still don't have, and the feeling of having been smothered...

Race result, stuck as a percentage in a tax return, I see myself led, of two things one:
-or to have my €129 reimbursed and give up Band-in-a-Box, but frankly, I would find that infuriating!
-or to come back here to address those who know, or have had a similar experience that their HP authorizes them to tell, and who will perhaps tell me what happened!

Hence the two questions that lead me:

A) Are the emm... I had normal? In other words, is there an address, elsewhere, where the route would be less labyrinthine? Where would I just buy an installer, and basta?
B) In case this dismal fiasco is due to an error on my part, which means starting all over again from the beginning (why not, after all...?), does anyone know how to go about it?
After all, maybe I just need my brain to do an update, just to stick a little more to the new procedures and the philosophy behind them?

Anecdote:
before downloading the gadget in question, I was able to read a short text, on the page, which explained that this program is intended to make the installation procedure "simpler than the old manual method..."
And suddenly, I think of Guitry, who said about roundabouts for automobiles:
"all this is very complicated, like everything that is intended to simplify life!"

And There you go! You know everything about where I'm at, which isn't complicated since I'm actually treading water! :-D

it only remains for me to thank you first for your patience and then for your answers, and to wish you the best possible week!

friendly

Alceste

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I wonder if there is anyone in PGM support who can converse in French?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
There is also the very active +++ Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box +++ forum section with moderator Daniel Donval.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for translation, who knew the French were so witty and perceptive. I studied German in school. If only I would have known.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Bonjour Alceste,

Vous n'avez pas besoin d'utiliser le "Install Manager" si vous ne le souhaitez pas. Trouvez votre URL de téléchargement dans votre e-mail de confirmation de commande. Cliquez sur ce lien ou copiez-le et collez-le dans votre navigateur.

Sur votre page de téléchargement, vous pouvez cocher la case "Montrer les éléments téléchargeables pour ce produit" et vous pourrez télécharger tous les fichiers individuellement.

Alternativement, si vous souhaitez utiliser le "Install Manager", ouvrez-le et cliquez sur le bouton "URL de téléchargement". Maintenant, collez le lien vers votre page de téléchargement et appuyez sur "OK". Notez que si vous avez besoin de changer la langue en FR, cela peut être fait en allant dans le menu "Edit | Language Selection".

Dites moi si vous avez d'autres questions.

-------------
You don't need to use the Install Manager if you don't want to. Find your download URL in your order confirmation email. Click on this link or copy and paste it into your browser.

On your download page, you can click the checkbox "Montrer les éléments téléchargeables pour ce produit" and you can download all the files individually.

(see image)

Alternatively, if you wish to use the Install Manager, open it and click the "URL de téléchargement" button. Now, paste in the link to your download page and press "OK". Note if you need to change the language to FR, this can be done by going to the menu "Edit | Language Selection".

(see image)

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Beginners Forum
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Hello AudioTrack!

please, if you think you can help me, feel free to do it in english,

this is not a problem for me!

I read English better than I speak it, and therefore I'm certain I could understand!

To be fully honest, when I read the english translation Google does with my french writing, I think I could

write directly in English!

Thank you anyway ;-)

Alceste-le-Loup

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Alceste-le-Loup

I hope that Andrew's reply above has been able to assist you. Yes?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,476
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195