But the solo of Dave is unbelievable good
Excellent work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi BabuMusic,

Very sweet song with nice guitar accompaniment. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

You didn't have to say Dave's name at all, and I still would have known who it was! He's a great blues guitarist! Your vocals and bass playing are really good here as they always are! You just keep cranking out great tunes and I love it!

Thanks, T

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Marty,

You made a very nice song with wonderful lyrics. I'm impressed (again)!
And the vocals are marvellous. Like what you need while singing the Blues.
Dave was also doing a very good job on the intro and solo. Man, delicious!

Now I understand you were sooo busy at the end of last year.

I enjoy the song a lot,
Hans

Thanks, Hans! Very kind. It was more busy with Charley --which is a good thing.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
I'd say you BOTH hit this one OUTTATHEPARK!!

Killer.

An Excellent write. Your best yet.
Well song.
Nice tracks.

Dave's guitar is some of his best, too.

ZOWIE. this is good.

Home. Run.

fj

Thanks, Floyd. Back to back homers then? WOWZERS! That's a HUGE compliment, my friend.

Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Howdy Marty....

I'll echo all other comments.
Very pensive & moody with great axe work by Dave.
It has a Santana vibe to it....who wouldn't like that! smile
Vox is good too....wish I hold notes like that. (in my wildest :))

Well done collaborators.

Carry on....

Thank, Wayne. I started the morning off with "Be Careful What You Wish For." Such a good song. Man, you're right about Santana AND Dave.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Great sound on this one. Dave’s guitar tone has never been better and his playing is extra good. Marty your vocal is definitely among your best. The mix is excellent and the write makes some very interesting points which make it easy to return for repeated listens. Bravo, Tom

Thanks, Tom. Much appreciated.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Thank, Wayne. I started the morning off with "Be Careful What You Wish For." Such a good song. Man, you're right about Santana AND Dave.

Howdy Marty....

Ha...starting out the day with "a cautionary tale" can be a gamble.
Many thanks for giving a listen and the kind YT comment.

Hope all is well....back to it.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great bluesy guitar, smokey vibe and a terrific write.

Good music! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty and Dave,

Like others say here, you're a great team together!
Dave's guitar is awesome!
Lovely song, music, vocals and video.
Wonderful job!

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Marty,

Bluesy and moody right out of the gate. Dave’s guitar playing really sets the stage and your vocal keeps the vibe going. Impressive write and I like the juxtaposition of loss and gain—creative write there. Stellar mix!

I had to laugh regarding your comment on how you put an album line up together. I do the exact same thing. I need a lead-off hitter on that first track . . . something to get the album going . . . than a reliable number two . . . a song to just put the ball in play and set the table . . . third up, something that will drive the ball to the gap . . . and then, as you note, that slugger in the 4 spot to drive them all in! Though sadly, I often have too many pitchers hitting in my lineup, LOL!

Good stuff, you two. You’ll have to remind us when the album comes out!

All my best,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Superb Job, kinda reminds me of the old school, the Doors!! The guitar solo was fantastic, Well done!!

Thanks, Ronnie. The Doors, huh? Dave fits in with any song quite amazingly.

Originally Posted By: vicarn
Nicely done by Dave on the guitar.
I like the play on Loss and Gain.

Well done both.
Vic

Thanks, Vic.

Originally Posted By: rayc
The solo has a nice sting - some BB style and emtion.
The vocal is sssssssssssssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooth with the occasional catch of emotion.
Well written lyrics, cool structure & progressions.
It's TIP TOP excellent.

Oh, man... first thing I noticed in your comment was all the Ss, and I figure there's a lot of sibilance I missed. I'm highly influenced by you, Ray. Always appreciate your thoughtful comments. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"Somewhere in the loss you'll find the gain."

A genuinely creative way to refer to the proverbial silver lining.
Excellent!

Fine vocals, bass and Dave knocks that solo outa the park.
Guess he was up fourth smile

No need to parse it out. Excellent production and video to present it all.
As Janice said, slowly rocking to the tune, "the whole thing is smooth..."

Indeed.

Sublime,

J&B

Thanks, guys. Seems I've been a Sophist all my life, seeing both sides as the coin flips, and arguing both positive and negative scenarios when it lands. Man, I'd love to watch you guys as you listen to these songs.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks to everyone that mentioned my part in this great song that Marty wrote, very much appreciated!

And most of all thanks to Marty for the music and the friendship.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Hi Marty, Love your vocals. Great production and chord progression.

Cheers

Mike B.

Thanks, Mike. You are definitely one of my favorite band leaders.

Originally Posted By: musician17
I didn't think I'd like this one, from the first couple of notes - teach me to judge a book by its cover. I'm glad I stuck with it. Man, this is absolutely brilliant. Dark, grim and brilliant. Special mention to Dave, his solos are like "wow, did he just do that?" :-) . Absolutely loved every aspect of this song, particularly its darkness, and - somehow - its redemptive qualities despite that. Anyway, I know you for far happier songs, on the surface, so it's really great to hear this, and hear you do something like this. Now I know, when it comes to you, to always stick with the song, and give it and you a proper chance before moving away :-) I'm glad I did. Bravo, bravo.

Haha, thanks so much, James. Glad you came around. I knew if you'd wait for Dave's solo, you'll love the song (at least part of it). To me the song is as bright as it is dark-- hope in the hopelessness.

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Really good song, liked the lyrics and the singing was primo. Dave killed it on guitar, of course. Great package, especially when you get a video to boot.

Thank you, Bob. We've gotta get your harmonica in one of these songs.

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Marty and Dave
Very good song
Sounds extremely good
Vocals, bass and background track are excellent
But the solo of Dave is unbelievable good
Excellent work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks, Andi. Yes, having Dave in a song is like having Duane Allman or Slowhand Clapton in the studio. Those 3 can make any song better.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi BabuMusic,

Very sweet song with nice guitar accompaniment. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks, Derochette. I'm going to have to search for your recent songs because I think I must have missed one or two. Always such a treat.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Marty,

You didn't have to say Dave's name at all, and I still would have known who it was! He's a great blues guitarist! Your vocals and bass playing are really good here as they always are! You just keep cranking out great tunes and I love it!

Thanks, T

Yes, most folks here know Dave by sound (including taste, tone and creativity), but I always add the Blue Attitude moniker in case someone is yet unfamiliar. This way they can find more of his own stuff. Thanks, Torrey!

Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic

Howdy Marty....

Ha...starting out the day with "a cautionary tale" can be a gamble.
Many thanks for giving a listen and the kind YT comment.

Hope all is well....back to it.

Ah, I know your music well enough to know I can push play without any concern for my safety, Wayne. heehe

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Great bluesy guitar, smokey vibe and a terrific write.

Good music! laugh

Thanks, David. I find myself quoting you a lot these days.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Marty and Dave,

Like others say here, you're a great team together!
Dave's guitar is awesome!
Lovely song, music, vocals and video.
Wonderful job!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, Rob & Anne-Marie. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Marty,

Bluesy and moody right out of the gate. Dave’s guitar playing really sets the stage and your vocal keeps the vibe going. Impressive write and I like the juxtaposition of loss and gain—creative write there. Stellar mix!

I had to laugh regarding your comment on how you put an album line up together. I do the exact same thing. I need a lead-off hitter on that first track . . . something to get the album going . . . than a reliable number two . . . a song to just put the ball in play and set the table . . . third up, something that will drive the ball to the gap . . . and then, as you note, that slugger in the 4 spot to drive them all in! Though sadly, I often have too many pitchers hitting in my lineup, LOL!

Good stuff, you two. You’ll have to remind us when the album comes out!

All my best,

Deej

Thanks so much, Deej. Yeah, you get it. HAHA, too many pitchers. I also coached some Little League where the pitchers were likely your shortstop and best hitter, too. smile But with 18 and 19 year olds they were becoming specialized.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Thanks to everyone that mentioned my part in this great song that Marty wrote, very much appreciated!

And most of all thanks to Marty for the music and the friendship.

You are WAY more than welcome, Dave. It's odd that such a good friendship can be forged without ever being in the other's presence.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great sounding song you guys!

This one is a real home run!

smile

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,459
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195