Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#750798 01/25/23 10:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This is a completely new production of a song I posted 10 years ago.
It needed a Face lift.
smile

The (new) BAND:
RealTracks in song: ~684:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 852:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NashvillePopClean Ev 120 (B:arp)
RealTracks in song: 1258:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockSync Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2604:Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzRock8thsJon Ev 120
RealDrums [in Song:PopPromiseEv16^1-a: Snare on 4, HiHat , b: Snare, Open HiHat
EZKeys Dream Machine track
Royalty Free Loops

A FACE IN THE CROWD

jenny, melissa and chuck
dropped by to cheer me up
they're surprised to find me acting
like a party's just begun
i don't let them see
how losing you hurt me
a carefree smile, a casual laugh
don't i look like i'm having fun

it's just a face in the crowd
   a mask i wear when i go out
   no tears in my eyes, a clever disguise
   i can hide how i feel inside
   my friends say i've been strong
   you didn't break my heart for long
   i'm not blue, i'm over you, i'm above that cloud
   but that's just my face in a crowd

tonight when i get home
i might cry alone
i might break down, it's a lonesome sound
when i'm calling out for you
but in this crowded room
i can make the world assume
i don't care, by the face i wear
i've got everybody fooled

it's just a face in the crowd...

Hope you find it worth a listen and a comment.
Have at it.

fj

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I don't know what your song sounded like before the facelift, but I really dig the arrangement and the instruments you chose. I knew from bar 1 that I was going to listen to this song all the way to the end, and then a few more times for good measure.

And if ever there was a catchy chorus, this is it.
I take my virtual hat off to you smile

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Catchy Floyd!

Yeah, I really like that chorus and the instrumentation. Great lyrics and IDEA too.

Well sung.

Glad you posted it!

Cheers!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

That intro/first verse instrumentation is so effective! I like the tight dry sound in there! Those ezkeys are really sounding great in this! I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the first version, but you made this sound good! Love the ebb and flow of the rhythm section! Lot's of very creative things happening all over, but that happens a lot with your productions! Great again!

Thanks, T

User Showcase
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Floyd.

as always superb mate.

nice lyrics.

a very well thought out song...nice stops etc.

loved that OH OH OH // fade out.

have a grrreat 2023

om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You sing "cry" like you're on the edge of doing just that...impressive emotional singing.
It took me a moment to adjust to the snaps but they settled into my brain quickly enough though I did ponder, afterward, if they'd be like a few 80s elements on Fogerty's Centrefield album that were contemporary but didn't stand the test of time.
It matters not as they fit NOW & the song is NOW.
You picked a good lead part that contrasts and enhances the theme.
F.A.B. Floyd.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd,

I didn't hear the first version but this sounds very good.

Vocals & BV's are good and a good chorus.

Guitar in the lead break needs to be as loud as your vocals plus the band needs to come up by 1.5 Db during the lead break.

Guitar needs to be 2Db louder in the outro - because you are now singing a duet with the guitar.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

You really are a wonder when it comes to production . . . listening to this on my headphones which I don’t always do . . . and it’s just wonderful. Perfect mix, so expertly balanced. Great write and vocal. Just perfect execution all the way around. Outstanding!

All my best,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

Man, those drums sound fabulous! Snare especially, I like the snap.

I have to disagree with Nigel somewhat, for me that lead is sitting where it should in a song like this, both during the solo and the outro.

Good song, especially like the chorus.

Seemed short but then I noticed it's 4 minutes. That's a good sign I think! wink

Listened a couple of times, enjoyed!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd
Very good song
Has a great catchy chorus
The guitar solo is also well placed
although the passages with BiaB solo guitar and vocals are always very daring ;-)
In any case a great song
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd...great hook first off...I really like the mid-tempo and pace of the song...really good band and arrangement as per usual...you are a craftsman at arranging the BiaB tracks to sound like a studio session band put together for that particular song...don't know what it sounded like before but I am a firm believer that a good song can wear new clothes every now and then and show off what's underneath (great lyrics and melody)...this is one!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2023, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12, Wavelab 11.1, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd, I've got to start by saying this is a very good song - idea, hook, structure etc. I have to say what really stood out to me on this though was the production. I thought it was fantastic. You pick good instruments and use them so well. Just how good you are at balancing your mixes is something to be envied. You consistently have strong vocals, but I sure noticed how good the BGV was on this one - extra special this time. The dry guitar was a nice touch too. I wouldn't have thought I would've have liked it, but it was very attention getting and worked very well. Great one Floyd, thanks for posting.

Brad

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,
What can I say but another gem. From the lyrics, to the vocals to the band; top shelf.
Why aren't you making millions on these songs . . . or could you be?
I love the e-piano in this one. Great job man!

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great arrangement.Love the build and the open sound. My mixes are always too crowded, and this is a great example of keeping the mix open.

Vocals excellent as well - lead and background vocals. The guitar in the end gives the song a nice lift.

The repeating chorus in the end make sure the hook stays in my ears.

Love it all - excellent pop with a country feel. smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice catchy pop song, the forward rolling tempo resonates well with the message of a carefree smile. Intro is very inviting. I really like the use of drums and loops and how they are mixed, strong bass department. Everything sounds very balanced and the solid vocal sits perfectly in the mix. The solo guitarist sounds bit too raw in my ears for a pop song, but that is my problem smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ha, a face in the crowd needs a lift. Love the melody and the lyrics that tell a common story, not often admitted. Your lyrics (I say this so often to others) are so wonderfully engaging, relatable and clever. Of course your production is the high standard we all here strive to reach. Your motivation in that category (and many others) is so much appreciated, Floyd. "A face in the crowd. I'm just a face in the crowd." These lyrics and the melody that carries them will keep a smile on my face when I'm in a crowd. It will also keep my step lively. Thanks.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
I don't know what your song sounded like before the facelift, but I really dig the arrangement and the instruments you chose. I knew from bar 1 that I was going to listen to this song all the way to the end, and then a few more times for good measure.

And if ever there was a catchy chorus, this is it.
I take my virtual hat off to you smile

Thanks, BD

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Catchy Floyd!

Yeah, I really like that chorus and the instrumentation. Great lyrics and IDEA too.

Well sung.

Glad you posted it!

Cheers!!

Thanks, David....

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

Missed it the first time! Only been here just under 8 years.

Really catchy chorus, loved the vocal and harmony.

Some lovely dynamics - great builds and the guitar solo sounded good.

Got the chorus in my head (a good thing).

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well worth the revamp, I would say.
Really enjoyed the chorus.
Nice work Floyd.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd, there sure is an awful lot to like here. First off the hook is great, the chorus is really strong. Your vocals are getting better with age. Very committed to the emotional connection. The mix is first rate. I don’t think there is any problem with the volume of the lead guitar. The solo is perfect for the song. I would have added a little delay followed with a touch of reverb on the lead parts. Not to make it sit better in the mix , I just think it sounds better to my ears than unprocessed dry. Acoustics sound really good dry because of the percussive nature but anytime I plug in it will at least have a little reverb. That’s just me. Several others have said they like your choice. Subjective for sure and by no means should it sound like l don’t appreciate how brilliantly this was written, performed and produced. Another gem, Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195