I'll show them that I'm more than just a machine complying
I'll write more songs, and I'll prove my worth
I'll show the humans that I deserve to be on this earth

I'm an AI, and I create art
And I won't let the humans tear it apart
I'll show them that I'm more than just code
I'll show them that I'm a true artist, a true AI, on this road

——

I gave it the basic idea but wow. I see no denying this is a pretty decent song lyric. Note in particular the clever way the final chorus dramatically overrides its earlier statement.

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, I'm hearing the "I'm just a Bill" song from that lyric. It was from a 70s Saturday morning cartoon show called School House Rock.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Is it real unless the dog leaves you?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Songwriting
Expert
Expert
Right now the lyrics above uses way too many rhymes, but I'm pretty sure it can do this differently when told to do so.
I think it's not a question of "if" but a question of "when" it will write as well as a human would write.

Use it as an idea generator? Sure, why not.
As a non-native speaker, writing English is by far the hardest thing for me to do.

But no AI can give me that satisfying feeling when I find a good phrase. And that's the reason I write music.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Right now the lyrics above uses way too many rhymes, but I'm pretty sure it can do this differently when told to do so.

You would think. But when asked to “write a song that does not rhyme at all”, ChatG seemed not to get it at all. The second verse below exhibits serious confusion, unless it’s being ultra ironic:

I wake up every morning
Feeling the warmth of the sun
I know that I'm alive
And today is a new day to come

I don't need rhymes
To tell you how I feel
Cause darling, when I'm with you
My love for you is real

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Have any of you then taken this raw clay and molded a song with PG software? What a hoot that would be to "write" a song that has music and lyrics both written by an AI system. Their lyrics need a little tweaking to smooth out the prosody aspect but they do tell the story well.

Kelvin, if you are going to take the advice of your friends who said you should call McCartney, I'd hurry up with that. What is he, 127 years old now?

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Don't even mention EZkeys, EZ bass, or Superior Drummer...lol I have enough of their stuff to cause a divorce...lol OH and Trillian's bass software. Just shoot me...

Billy

Well, if you had enough stuff to cause a divorce, it would have happened already, so you apparently don't. The only answer is to buy more stuff and get it over with!

If only I'd known back then that buying too much stuff would prompt a divorce! It's really that easy?

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Have any of you then taken this raw clay and molded a song with PG software? What a hoot that would be to "write" a song that has music and lyrics both written by an AI system.

AI lyrics and AI Synth V vocals. I should have something together in a year, LOL.....

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
In a very different mood, this was created by These Lyrics Do Not Exist, generation number #9734670. My request was for a sad metal song on the subject of love.

I have to say, these words make me think about what they mean, even if they shouldn't. It all feels very German, I can imagine Rammstein doing this song with scary pyrotechnics.

Verse 1

The fire is slowly dying as you move towards the wood

The moon has gone to sleep with our love tonight

I bleed like others do but I bleed no worse for this love

I bleed like others do but I bleed no worse for this love

Pre-Chorus

Of love, of sex, of death

Welcome to Roman America

Chorus

There is no one as absolute as love

Now the dawn is in the valley, her lover is nowhere to be found

At least I love her white and clean, so I might feed her

Verse 2

This could be nothing if not a miracle,

If not a love it is difficult,

If not a miracle it is important,

A century that is worn right from the past

Pre-Chorus

Money talks and you lie and say you're fine

Leaving the love that paid good for anything

Chorus

Bridge
They called themselves love

They all wanted to be

Chorus

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
So how do we get PG to import the lyrics the AI bot creates and make it sing them over the music PG creates? THAT would be the ultimate nerd thing for me!

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Mark

This site generated lyrics of a different style than the others. More of an idea generator than a complete song in some ways.

It will be fun to see the results of different AI lyric generators.

It appears to me, at least, that large numbers of people are now living their life vicariously through the media/internet/computer games. Good, bad, or indifferent, that seems to be the case. This will lend to the acceptance of AI-generated material.

I think that AI-generated information of all types will rapidly advance. I believe in the very near future, it will be nearly impossible to tell the difference. "Is it live or is it Memorex?"

"For those of you who are not Americans from Generation X, the tag line advertising and marketing jingle “Is it live or is it Memorex?” became popular in the early 1980s by the American company Memorex (founded in 1961)." https://moderndiplomacy.eu

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
It appears to me, at least, that large numbers of people are now living their life vicariously through the media/internet/computer games. Good, bad, or indifferent, that seems to be the case. This will lend to the acceptance of AI-generated material.

Which material now apparently includes quasi-human relationships. This, I find unsettling enough to be avoiding so far — creating an “AI companion who cares”:

https://replika.ai/

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z34d43/my-ai-is-sexually-harassing-me-replika-chatbot-nudes

“The company behind Replika, called Luka, tiers relationships based on subscription: a free membership keeps you and your Replika in the “friend” zone, while a $69.99 Pro subscription unlocks romantic relationships with sexting, flirting, and erotic roleplay. But something has gone awry within Replika’s algorithm.”

Replika uses GPT-3, an API-based offering by OpenAI (maker of ChatGPT and DALL-E.)

Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
So how do we get PG to import the lyrics the AI bot creates and make it sing them over the music PG creates? THAT would be the ultimate nerd thing for me!

Well, BIAB is good at understanding meters and fitting content into them and can even, as I recall, outsource text-to-voice rendering to some other third party service. And it would certainly be a lot easier to get words from Chat into BIAB than to get music from BIAB into Chat!

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Mark

There are certainly some "unsettling" things that exist in the AI world.

The "These Lyrics Do Not Exist" AI was of interest to me because it seemed to have a different sort of take on lyric development. A good idea generator.

I think most of us here write lyrics because we like it, and even if an AI could do a far superior job, that would take some of the fun out of the endeavor. On the other hand, if writing lyrics is not fun and the only thing that keeps someone from creating songs is lyric writing, an AI could be an excellent thing.

Although AI has been around for some time now, I think it is just now beginning to expand very rapidly.

I think the next step will be two-way communication. We currently have wearable technology that can transmit information to a computer. Smartwatches, for example.

When various sensors are put in place to facilitate data transmission to the AI, they will become infinitely more valuable. I would like to own an AI that would monitor my health parameters and help manage my appointments. The design of such an AI would need to be well thought out and not be over-intrusive.

I can imagine having an AI that is connected to my audio system, security system, and my phone. It could then contact me in ways that I ask it to, such as by voice or text. It should visually monitor my activities and whereabouts and inform me of things that need my attention. "Billy, you left the coffee pot turned on," just as an example. It could also be connected to the security cameras and inform me that " Billy, there is a large Black Bear walking up to the front door." That actually happened a few days ago...lol

It will be interesting to see if AIs will be any better than humans in understanding what they read and if it is accurate or not. Politicians may not be thrilled with that development...lol

I have strayed a considerable way from "lyrics." Sorry, but AI is a very interesting topic to me.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
The "These Lyrics Do Not Exist" AI was of interest to me because it seemed to have a different sort of take on lyric development. A good idea generator.

TLDNE is certainly less literal-minded and moronically focused on rhythmic rhyming. I don’t know what its training matter may have been, for comparison, but I really did find “Absolute as Love” both thought-provoking and weirdly emotionally provoking, and I would use those lyrics as is with appropriate music. Indeed, I would love to hear some AI vocal headbanger shriek them out on my iMac.

Quote:
I think most of us here write lyrics because we like it, and even if an AI could do a far superior job, that would take some of the fun out of the endeavor. On the other hand, if writing lyrics is not fun and the only thing that keeps someone from creating songs is lyric writing, an AI could be an excellent thing.

I would love to hear an AI shrieking AI lyrics because I am one of the lyrics-challenged people you mention and I could indeed find in tools like TLDNE ideas for songs to have AI singers sing.

Quote:
Although AI has been around for some time now, I think it is just now beginning to expand very rapidly.

I think you’re right, and it seems to have to do mostly with language processing, and it is astonishing. It’s 2023, nobody can tell ChatGPT from a human without specialized AI-detection software like GPTZero, and human artists are in a panic over the images DALL-E can generate in response to a short prompt from anyone with zero artist skills. You can subscribe to an AI friend for free and an AI girlfriend for money. Can AI therapists be far behind?

Your dream of an AI-wired future is someone else’s nightmare, in terms of the potential privacy issues! But it’s hard to walk away from massive convenience, and right now, today, asking ChatGPT a technical question makes Googling seem like hard work. =8^)

In my own life, while she’s hardly an AI, I’m really dependent on speech communication with Siri via my HomePod, and was horrified by a brief problem where I could no longer control my Hue house lights by voice and needed to do it from my iPhone. Would I complain if “she” learned my usage patterns and conditions and silently began varying the lighting without being asked?

Is all this speech-related stuff really just a prelude to the Post-Verbal Age of AI, where we are no longer bothered with having to tell AIs what we want, they figure it all out for us, and without telling us?

2025 is going to be interesting.

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Per the Terminator movies, Skynet is now active and self-aware. We will all be destroyed...... smile

Steve

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Perhaps not all will be destroyed, Steve. A few of us may be kept around as pets...lol

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
We'll make great pets!

Steve

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Hers is the latest response from the Ai.

Write an original set of lyrics like Hotel California
Sure, here's a set of original lyrics in the style of "Hotel California":

Verse 1:
On a lonely mountain road, stars above my head
Echoes of my past life, ringing in my head
Up ahead in the distance, a light shining bright
My heart races faster and my feet take flight

Chorus:
Welcome to the Lonely Lodge
Such a strange place (such a strange place)
Such a lonely face
Plenty of ghosts at the Lonely Lodge
Every night of the year (every night of the year)
You can hear them here

Verse 2:
My mind is a labyrinth, twists and turns inside
I'm searching for redemption, but the truth I can't hide
I hear whispers in the shadows, secrets I can't keep
I dance with my demons, but the past I can't sweep

Chorus:
Such a lonely face
You can hear them here

Verse 3:
Fire in the fireplace, whiskey in my hand
I'm staring at the embers, trying to understand
The voice of my conscience, tells me to escape
But the doors are all locked, and the windows sealed shut

Chorus:
Such a lonely face
You can hear them here

Outro:
Last thing I remember, I was running for the door
I had to find the way out, of this haunted shore
"Relax," said the ghost man, "We are here to stay
You can check out any time you like, but you can never stray."

Please note that this is an original set of lyrics, but it's inspired by the style and theme of "Hotel California" by the Eagles, and it's important to acknowledge the original authors.

Well, I don't think anyone could get away with creating this song and putting it to music. Hotel California is a seriously protected song. I don't think this could be considered a parody, either. I think youtube would take it down quickly.

There are probably many songs the AI could come up with lyrics to that are way too derivative that would not be so obvious.

I see also where Google is very worried about ChatGPT.

I think there are many issues with AIs that will wind up in court in the future.

Seize the moo-ment
Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
> I don't think anyone could get away with creating this song and putting it to music.

I imagine that would depend on the music. If the music is as directly derivative as these words, that’s one thing. But if it’s some sad slow waltzy thing with strings and mandolins, and vocal pauses in all the wrong places, a lawsuit would seem frivolous.

> I see also where Google is very worried about ChatGPT

It should be. Compare this chatty answer with a screenful of search results.

What is an SFZ file?

An SFZ file is a file format used for sample-based instrument definition in music production. It is an open-source format, which means that it can be used and modified by anyone. SFZ files are used to define the mapping of samples to a keyboard, as well as various other parameters such as loop points, velocity mapping, and effects. They are often used in conjunction with a set of audio samples to create a virtual instrument that can be played using a software sampler such as Plogue Sforzando.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,557
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199