Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
floyd jane #752271 02/04/23 02:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Classic Blue Attitude through and through.

Chris does an excellent job on the Write and the Vocals.
Marty's Bass - delicious.
Dave's always-delightful guitar work. Both "The Lick" and the Solos - tasty.

Good Drum choice.
Good mix.

Good Music.

fj

Appreciate that, floyd, thanks!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Of course, I love this song --even when it was an instrumental called Floydian Storm. But the coolest thing about it for me is seeing how Chris & Dave work so well together. It's almost like one of those time-lapse videos of a flower blooming. It starts with planting the seed when Dave asks Chris, "DO you want to do something with this?" After an enthusiastic reply, it starts to grow through the dirt, then rises to the sky and finally opens to a breathtaking flower. That kind of magic is enthralling to be a part of.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: firesong
Dave, Marty and Chris...I love "noodles" and that was certainly some of the best I've tasted lately...really cool riff to ride on for sure...Dave your solo guitar work is exceptional again...Marty the bass is transparently there...unnoticeable but guiding the song like a good referee that you don't notice but the game can't go on without...and Christiane's vocal is beautiful, ethereal and haunting...love the vocal effects...five stars!

Thanks for the listen and kind words, Dan!

Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Wow, loved the production! From the very beginning with that riff and then right on through - captivating sound. The effects used were fantastic. Everyone involved in this one was right on the money. Oh, and great ending bass lick Marty - great job everyone!

Brad

Appreciate that, Brad!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Great atmospheric song, I really like what you guys are doing together.
Great vocals, guitar and bass and a great mix that ties it all together.
Well done!

Thanks very much, B.D.!

Working with Chris and Marty is a blast, we have lots of fun working on these songs together.

Originally Posted By: rayc
MAN, at 1.14 when the solo kicked it - it really KICKED!
I'd been musing on the cool left leaning guitar and then whammo - it was usurped.
The lyrics and melody definitely enhance the intro guitar's moodiness.
Mr Bassman - well it was his sound that set up the image in my scone of the trio playing on stage.
3.24 and that guitar is knocking on doors again.
Christine's floating vocals over the final solo are AMAZING.
Methinks I like it.

Wow, thanks Ray! Made my day when I read that.

Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
[quote=chulaivet1966]Your comment on the Doors song made me smile, my working title for this song, before we had any lyrics, was A Floydian Storm wink

Ha....

Cool....I guess you're an old fossil too if you remember The Doors. smile

Back to it....

I'm definitely a child of the 60's which makes me old, and possibly also fossilized eek

I remember seeing the Beatles on the Sullivan show back in '64 like it was yesterday, what a game changer that was! And also remember seeing the Doors on that show doing Light my Fire, probably '67 or so I guess. I've got every album they ever did on vinyl. Love their moody tunes especially, Riders on the Storm of course is a classic.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool riff in the intro Dave. Love how you mixed it. Super vocal from Chris. Martys lays down a cool groove to the song. The drums were very cool as well. Excellent solo and love the bite in the tone. Well done...

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
MarioD #752632 02/07/23 04:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Great music, a treat to the ears!
Nice video too.
Good lyrics and wonderful vocals.
And very good work by Dave and Marty.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Outstanding lyrics, vocal, and mix.
Christ great vocal!
Marty, excellent bass.
Dave, you have some very serious chops and those leads - WOW!
Loved it.

I'm just an old guy having fun, Mario wink Thanks!

User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Hi Chris, Marty and Dave
Excellent song
Great arrangement and realization
Sounds very professional
Each of you delivers a top performance
Great work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Wow. This would have been really good as an instrumental but Chris' concise lyrics and haunting vocal take it to another level. Each of you is on great form here. Top shelf, team.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Guitars are excellent, as are the vocals - especially the layered bit. Mix and arrangement sounds bit.

Moody and atmospheric - love it!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah there ain't nothing like a good old noodling session is there Dave!

Well this turned out great!!

Classic Blue Attitude is right!!

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Pro all the way. If I were to tweak anything here it would be another 4dB on Marty's bass.
Dave, when is PG Music going to record you so the rest of us can utilize your great sound?
I love the whole thing.

Hi Bass Thumper,

Thanks for your very kind words, very much appreciated!

As far as the mix goes, I always come back to the mix a week or two later after the initial release, I find after not hearing the song for a while I'll often hear things I missed the first time.

I haven't done that yet with this one, but I'll pay special attention to the bass when I do that, it's possible it could come up a db or two. Any more than that would affect the balance of the entire mix, and that's a rabbit hole I want to avoid wink

Thanks again, I see you have a new one up, I'll be over shortly to give it a spin.

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Dave,

I liked this song - excellent guitar playing and good vocals.

Best Regards
Nigel

Thanks, Nigel.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very beautiful mood, really enjoyed the melancholy guitar sound and the theme riff which took me to a dreamy place full of flowers (I'm glad there were wakening flowers in the video also). Marty's bassline is once again something to admire, like the tree of life in this musical paradise. Lovely harmony between all the instruments and vocals, all reaching for the same chi.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"MAN, at 1.14 when the solo kicked it - it really KICKED!
I'd been musing on the cool left leaning guitar and then whammo - it was usurped.
Mr Bassman - well it was his sound that set up the image in my scone of the trio playing on stage.
Methinks I like it."

What does one say after Ray's comments? He mentioned all of the goodness!
So no need to parse this one out ... ALL of the vocal/instrumental performances are stellar. As is the mix (outstanding drum choice too).

Both the song and the video are simply captivating! As Chulaivet said, it is mesmerizing.

And the images in the video are a perfect fit to the audio and lyric.

Y’all really hit this one out of the park, Dave.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

tommyad #753051 02/10/23 01:50 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Dave,

Mysterious, a cool rhythm introduced by the guitar, super vocals from Chris, and exiting bass from Marty!
If this is the result of noodling while your wife is watching coocking programs than she must be some coock to let you make this kind of songs.
In a way I am joking, but not on the song. Its just great!
Tell your wife to take a glas rode wijn, and you to and enjoy what you made.
It is a very good one, Dave!!!

Greetings to Chris and Marty,
Hans

Thanks very much, Hans! Oh, and we both had a couple of glasses of red wine last night BTW wink

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Dave, I also have an unplugged electric next to my recliner. I am a fellow noodler. The drums are a standout here along with the bass and and as always the lead guitar. Chris lays down a good vocal and I thought there was brevity in my lyrics but this one's got me beat. It says what it needs to say so why jumble it up with unnecessary words. excellent mix. I liked it, Tom

Hi Tom,

Well, Chris can write a complex set of lyrics as good as anyone and better than most. Her genius is that she knows when to keep it simple.

For my noodling guitar I use my tele. It's my best sounding electric when played unplugged, and I don't use it much for recording, just the odd rhythm track.

Thanks very much for checking out the song, happy you liked it!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks so much to everyone who mentioned my overrated contribution to this gem. Hopefully it means I'll get a callback for the next one. Most fun ever!!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
PROJECT M #753454 02/13/23 02:38 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
This such a great song! It's almost hypnotic. I'm sure I'll be back for at least one more listen ... probably more. Each of you palyed your parts so dang good! Sounds like it just came out of an LA studio.

Take care ...

Alan

Thanks for the listen, Alan, and great to see you back here again!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool riff in the intro Dave. Love how you mixed it. Super vocal from Chris. Marty lays down a cool groove to the song. The drums were very cool as well. Excellent solo and love the bite in the tone. Well done...

Appreciate that, Scott!

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Chris, Marty and Dave
Excellent song
Great arrangement and realization
Sounds very professional
Each of you delivers a top performance
Great work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks, Andi!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Wow. This would have been really good as an instrumental but Chris' concise lyrics and haunting vocal take it to another level. Each of you is on great form here. Top shelf, team.
Regards,
Leon

Yeah, Chris always kicks things up a notch. Thanks, Leon!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Guitars are excellent, as are the vocals - especially the layered bit. Mix and arrangement sounds bit.

Moody and atmospheric - love it!

I'm a fan of moody from way back wink Thanks!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Yeah there ain't nothing like a good old noodling session is there Dave!

Well this turned out great!!

Classic Blue Attitude is right!!

smile

Thanks, David!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave

A sort of early 70's feel, (sort of Savoy Brown).

Superb in many ways, lovely vocal, excellent bass, drums are very well done and some beautiful guitar.

Loved it.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very beautiful mood, really enjoyed the melancholy guitar sound and the theme riff which took me to a dreamy place full of flowers (I'm glad there were wakening flowers in the video also). Marty's bassline is once again something to admire, like the tree of life in this musical paradise. Lovely harmony between all the instruments and vocals, all reaching for the same chi.

Janne

Hi Janne,

Love the way you describe Marty's bass part: "like the tree of life in this musical paradise", that's great!

Thanks, very much appreciate the review smile

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"MAN, at 1.14 when the solo kicked it - it really KICKED!
Methinks I like it."

What does one say after Ray's comments? He mentioned all of the goodness!
So no need to parse this one out ... ALL of the vocal/instrumental performances are stellar. As is the mix (outstanding drum choice too).

Both the song and the video are simply captivating! As Chulaivet said, it is mesmerizing.

And the images in the video are a perfect fit to the audio and lyric.

Y’all really hit this one out of the park, Dave.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Really appreciate that you two! Hopefully we will at least get to first base on the next song we do wink

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave / Chris,

You guys have such a defined sound. I would recognize your songs anywhere.

This one is another outstanding rock / blues classic. Love the production, guitar and vocal.

EXCELLENT!

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,561
Posts734,427
Members38,492
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
VIPBET사설토토, GlebeGreg, michel vermeulen, Mikanh132, ABE
38,491 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185