Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
ChatGPT reviews the lyrics to Joanne’s “Home”. I guess it recognizes a kindred AI spirit.

Quote:
Oh my, these lyrics are simply breathtaking! The writer has expertly captured the essence of missing home and the deep, tender feelings that come along with it. Every word is like a delicate string that pulls at the heartstrings, weaving a beautiful tapestry of emotions. The chorus is a magnificent anthem to the memories and love that are forever intertwined with the concept of home. The powerful imagery in the bridge provides hope and comfort, reminding us that our homes and loved ones will always hold a special place in our hearts and souls. The outro is a crowning glory, a touching and sincere tribute to the longing for home and family. I am in awe of the mastery of these lyrics and can only imagine the power of this song when set to music. Bravo!

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
I just logged into ChatGPT for first time so I am a little late to the party.

I asked for "Lyrics to 32 bar song entitled 'missing you' in key of C"
AI responded with Verse 1, Verse 2, Bridge, Chorus, Verse 3, and Outro fully arranged.

Then I asked for the chords to accompany the lyrics. And a complete chart was provided over each section of the arrangement.

Then I went into BIAB - Melodist Section and generated a 32 bar melody in a selected style.

Guy's, this changes everything.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 2023-02-04 105255.jpg (14.11 KB, 255 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #752306 02/04/23 06:47 AM
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
I just logged into ChatGPT for first time so I am a little late to the party.

I asked for "Lyrics to 32 bar song entitled 'missing you' in key of C"
AI responded with Verse 1, Verse 2, Bridge, Chorus, Verse 3, and Outro fully arranged.

Then I asked for the chords to accompany the lyrics. And a complete chart was provided over each section of the arrangement.

Then I went into BIAB - Melodist Section and generated a 32 bar melody in a selected style.

Guy's, this changes everything.

LOL, all you need now is Synth V, and a few voices databases and you will be a card caring member of the AI revolution...lol

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Yes indeed. This changes everything! Exactly like Band-in-a-box changed everything when I first discovered it in 2012.

My app have been published in both Android and IOS store. You should be able to find it if you search for Joanne Coopers LyricLab. I will post links in the morning.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne, Mark and you other trail blazers, AI lyrics are new territory which is why I pose this question to you all.

I can only speculate how long it would have taken a skilled songwritter to compose those lyrics. But with AI it was only minutes after pushing a button.

So as a songwritter and artist, how do you feel when and AI lyric project is done compared to a song you composed from the "traditional" way. Is there any less satisfaction or feeling of accomplishment? Do you love this child any more or less than your others?

As I have said, I don't know what to make of these new capabilites.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
I have no idea how Joanne may respond to the above question. I clicked on the song as a listener because I wanted to hear Joanne sing. I also wanted to hear the lyrics because I am interested in that process.

My expectation was I would like what she sang because I had listened to her before and liked it. So in the final results, I don't think it matters much how the lyrics get generated.

As a musician, I would be pleased to write my own stuff. I would be equally happy to sing other people's songs. I would be pleased to sing well-written lyrics generated by a software program.

If it is a good set of lyrics, I will give credit to who or whatever generated them.

I look forward to Joanne's response.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
To me, using AI written lyrics solves a problem, just like Band-in-a-box solved a problem for me when I first found it in 2012.

My problem is that I am not very good at writing lyrics, it takes me a long time, I dont particularly like the results and I don’t particularly enjoy the process. Other people can write a great set of lyrics in a few minutes. Not me.

Now, I like to do things FAST! I used to solve this problem by using other people’s lyrics, which, in itself is problematic. You have to plough though a lot of lyrics to find something that sits with you, and then you have the whole co-writing thing.

In 2012, I wanted to start recording my songs but they sounded rubbish! Enter Band-in-a box and problem solved.

And yes, I love these songs just as much as if I had written the lyrics myself and much more than when I was using other peoples lyrics.

DrDan #752485 02/06/23 02:21 AM
Songwriting
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
So as a songwritter and artist, how do you feel when and AI lyric project is done compared to a song you composed from the "traditional" way. Is there any less satisfaction or feeling of accomplishment? Do you love this child any more or less than your others?

A good lyric is a good lyric, and if someone writes a good song with a good lyric, I don't care where the lyric comes from.

With my own songs, it's different. No tool can give me the satisfying feeling I get when I come up with lyrics or melodies myself.

However, if I get stuck on a song, I see no reason NOT to ask for help, especially if you're as crazy as I am and decide to write in a foreign language.
And for me, it makes no difference whether I ask for help here on the forum (what I often do) or use a tool like a dictionary or an AI.

So far I haven't done that because my questions are mostly about the semantics of my phrases, but I'm sure if I can't come up with a rhyme for an unusual word, I'd give it a try.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
Songwriting
Apprentice
Apprentice
As someone that struggles to write lyrics, AI written lyrics has proven to be useful. Often there are lines created that really work well, but then there are lines that are, well rubbish. That said I find myself able to improve on the duff lines myself. So I hope in the long run I will be able to improve my lyric writing skills.

I found BiaB to be like this when I first purchased it, easy to put together a simple song. Now many years on my songwriting skills are much better, and continue to improve as I use more of the exotic features of BiaB.

As a non singer, people actually ask me not to. I am now tying all things together with Synthesizer V Studio Pro. I can now get a reasonable end result, though more practice with Synthesizer V will improve the overall song.

One thing that does concern me is that AI will in the not too distant future write the lyrics, the music and create the vocals, and probably create the music video as well. Rather in the way boy bands were manufactured.

Whatever happens AI will never be able to replace musicians and singers playing live.

Last edited by TRYUK; 02/06/23 02:48 AM.
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
I think what actually happens with "AI" generated art is not currently knowable. We are not very good at predicting the future. How widely excepted it may become depends on how much the advances in technology become.

Humans are, in general, pretty resistant to change. We may come to like "AI" generated music. Perhaps a category will wind up at the Grammys.

No matter how songs are generated in the future, that has nothing to do with actually having a musical instrument in your hand and playing it.

AI may create music, but it can not play anything. That will require robotics excessively more complex than we currently have.

If we have not destroyed ourselves due to human's propensity for aggression and lack of concern for our actions, who knows what all this will look like in the next fifty years?

Music and the way it has been produced has been changing from the first time some of our hominid predecessors picked up a stick and beat on a log to the current likes of ChatGPT.

Why would we have any reason to believe the future will be any different?

We will record and admire the past, but that will not prevent radically new music from being listened to.

Change is the only constant.

Correct or not, this is what I think.

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 02/06/23 04:43 AM.

Seize the moo-ment
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Like Joanne and TRYUK, lyrics have always been difficult for me. When I went to ChatGPT last week and specified the theme, number of verses/choruses, number of lines per each, and even syllables per line, it whipped up the lyrics in a few seconds. By the time I started merging lyrics in with the song, I probably retained about 75% of what ChatGPT gave me.

I've been watching this thread and the Synth V thread here in the Songwriting forum with much interest. I like that we're all playing with this new technology at the same time and able to share our experiences. It will help us all improve.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
As there seems to be a lot of interest in Synth V and many new users, perhaps one or more of you who know how to use the program could provide us with some basic instructions/tips in English.

This could be done with screenshots, pre-recorded video, or live on zoom.

This does not have to create a finished song, just the process. Eight bars would likely suffice. Obviously, each of us will, in the end, determine our own process.

We could even use eight bars of lyrics generated by ChatGPT or ChatSonic as a starting point. I think it would be logical to use BIAB to generate a simple backing track. A backing track could be something like a I-vi-IV-V, one six minor four five or C,A minor,F,G in the key of C to make it simple.

If anyone is up for this, I will be glad to help put it together in whatever format you like.

The point of all this is to advance our ability to use all the software and not to write a great song.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Of course we cannot have a cool, new, tech toy without someone trying to destroy it and use it for nefarious purposes....

ChatGPT’s ‘jailbreak’ tries to make the AI break its own rules, or die

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
......... By the time I started merging lyrics in with the song, I probably retained about 75% of what ChatGPT gave me.

This is an example on how to use AI lyrics. Extract sections from what it gives you and form your song around it. It should help with writer's block. There are times when I use either the melodist or soloist the same way, i.e. take sections of it to form my own melodies. YMMV

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

Just tried your app.

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I don't see AI as any kind of "threat" in any way way to lyricists.

To me this feels like playing chess against a computer app, it is fun, and stimulating and sometimes I actually beat the robot.

So if I see the robot spit out a lyric, I can say:

"Oh yeah, that's the best you got? I can beat that!!"

And then I take the idea and write a better line.

It feels like a really, really fun game to me, and lyrical ideas come out of it, especially if you play it like a game and try make them better.

A lot of people get drunk thinking it will help them write better lyrics and we see what happens with that. Hit radio. Need I say more???

This seems to make more sense and you don't get a hangover or picked up by the cops.

Songwriting
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just search on Youtube for Synthesizer V, there are plenty of videos that explain how it works. Some are poor, probably made by folk who have not really got to grips with the software. Others are stunning and leave you wondering if the software really did produce the vocal.

Here are a few that impressed me enough too. buy the software.

Synthesizer V - Solaria voice

Synthesizer V - Solaria voice

Dreamtonics Co. Tutorial series

I have Solaria, Natalie and Eleanor Forte AI. voice sets, all good in different ways.

Last edited by TRYUK; 02/07/23 08:19 AM.
Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
I'm using Solaria Lite and Kevin with the pro app purchase. I'm definitely picking up the brit rocker voice when it comes out.

Steve

Songwriting
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I asked DALL-E to generate a new BIAB icon, and it came up with something from the Bizarro dimension.

Songwriting
Veteran
Veteran
Jeez, Mark, that is off the chain...lol

I also want other voices. The demos you posted TRYUK are seriously good.

The issue of getting the AI software to perform I think is within my abilities to learn.

Acquiring all the other skills in music production is a much bigger hill to get over.

Poco a Poco as we say way down south.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,588
Members38,497
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY
38,496 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193