Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
J
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
Should be an easy to answer.

I know that when you demo a RealTrack, BIAB will look on the hard drive to find the demo WMA style and and if it does not exist, then it will look online to find the demo.

When I look for a particular Real Drum demo to listen to, BIAB only looks online to find the demo sound file and will not look for a demo on your hard drive.

Once in a while, I won't be connected to the internet so I guess if I want to hear a demo Real Drum sound file with all the various combinations without internet access then I am just out of luck?

If so, how hard would it be to have PGMUSIC provide those demo Real Drum WMA files ljust ike they do with the RealTrack WMA files in order to listen to them without having to connect your dedicated music PC online.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Veteran
Veteran
RealDrum demo files are stored at X:\bb\RealTracks\Data\RealDrumsDemosAudio where X equals the drive your RealTracks are stored.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (455.92 KB, 328 downloads)
Clipboard02.jpg (200.83 KB, 327 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Veteran
I can upload them for you it's about 3.6gig is that ok ?

J
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
Here is the deal in detail of what I am talking about. I have the entire BIAB program so I have every file that can be. That being said, here is the situation.

As you can see from the attached images, I am demoing CountryShuffle128^,which is a drum set I am currently using in a song. The default variation is #5 which is 5-a:Sidestick, Brushed, b:Snare,Ride

I can sample and listen to all 7 variations of that particular drum style but ONLY online as you can see from the yellow info box at the bottom right.

In addition Jim, at C:\bb\RealTracks\Data\RealDrumsDemosAudio, there is no wma file called CountryShuffle128^

I loaded another style called AmericanLooseShuffleFred and when I did a demo listen it played that wma file that does exist in that directory just fine.

I did a rebuild of the drum demo list and only came up with 844 items. I seem to be missing a lot of country drum wma files but nothing shows up when I filter with "Show Drums that are N/A. I seem to be missing a lot of Nashville drum wma files and a lot of Pop drum wma files when I sampled the drum list. Not sure why I would be missing so many so I will have to do a checking and night have to do a reinstall of the drum packages. Keep in mind that I am not missing any drum styles, just missing the demo wma files. I currently have 823 items in the drum list and 3,170 actual wma files in the demo directory both band and solo wma files.I know there should be more then that amount in the directory.

UPDTE: I reinstalled the following packages:

realdrums01-10.exe
realdrums11-20.exe
realdrums21-29.exe
realdrums_stems02.exe
realdrums_stems03.exe

but there was no change in the number of demo styles.

If anyone came come up with a solution, great. If not, I guess I will start the process of reinstalling everything I have to see if it will fix itself. I don't believe there are any more drum sets except 1-29 and I reinstalled those just now with no change, still missing the demo files.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Country Shuffle.jpg (480.38 KB, 315 downloads)
Americana.jpg (439.78 KB, 313 downloads)
addon.jpg (199.38 KB, 311 downloads)

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Veteran
Veteran
RealDrums_Demos_Audio.zip
so the folder in the zip "RealDrums Demos Audio" goes x:\bb\RealTracks\Data

J
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
Muscocity:

Thanks a big bunch for the zip file. I downloaded it and before I copied the files to the SSD, I did a comparison using XYPlorer in a dual pane mode to see the unique files and it came up with the following:

I should have a a total of 6,743 WMA files. I only had 3,170 files currently in the x:\bb\RealTracks\Data\RealDrums Demos Audio directory. Therefore I was missing a total of 3,697 files!

I copied all the files in the zip file you provided and it now works as it should since I now have the full compliment of WMA demo files.

The big question remains as to WHY, so.....

Back in 2022, I did a full reinstall of my 2022 Ultrapack and have kept up on all future packs, upgrades, Xtra packs and all the other stuff that came with my upgrades. Since I do have room on another of my SSD's in the desktop, I am going to do a complete install today and do a comparison after everything has been reinstalled from scratch. The bulk of the reinstall will be done automatically since I have the Master Realtracks Installer.exe file.

I want to make sure that what I have downloaded from PGMusic on my account is as it should be. I have had a couple of incomplete install files since I started using the program back in the very early days, perhaps 1 or 2.

I really appreciate you sending me the zip file but I also need to find out how something like this happened and it brings up the question: What else could I be missing since my entire current BIAB install has over 296,000 files in 10,563 folders.

What you sent me is in the upper pane and what I had is in the lower pane in the attached jpg file. What is missing shows up in blue and is sorted alphabetically so you can see right off the bat, I was missing files.

results.jpg (1.22 MB, 11 downloads)
Last edited by jcland; 02/27/23 04:11 AM.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
J
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
Update:

Did a full reinstall on a spare SSD and after 6 hours in installing, I came up with the approximate same number of files in c:\bb\RealTracks\Data\RealDrums Demos Audio. Still missing over 50% of those files.

I fired off a letter to tech support and will see what they come up with.

Everyone might just want to check that directory on your own PC to see what number you come up with. After 20+ years of using the program, I just found this problem and only because I wanted to change a RealDrum from one variation to another and it just happened to be CountryShuffle128^

From what musocity showed me, with a FULL BIAB package where you have everything, there should be a little over 6,700 files. I came up with 3,079 this time around.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
J
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
All:

Still trying to resolve my problem here. I seem to be missing quite a few WMA demo files in c:\bb\RealTracks\Data\RealDrums Demos Audio directory even after brand new install.

I sent an email to support on the 27th of February and they responded back on the 28th but really did not answer my question so the problem is still not resolved. I have not heard from them since so it could be they might still be working a resolution.

In the meantime, I downloaded all the available files from my online account again and many of them had different sizes then what I have originally downloaded in the past, I am guessing due to upgrades and fixes. I reinstalled the entire new downloaded packages, all 153 EXE files dating back to 2018 up to and including 2023 with patch 1006 on to a new blank SSD drive and my problem still exists. I wind up with only 3,170 WMA files in that directory.

If you fellow BIAB users can do me a favor, it might help me track down the problem.

==============================================================================================================================

Take a look in your x:\bb\RealTracks\Data\RealDrums Demos Audio directory , x being your Hard Drive and let me know how many files you have. I am thinking there should be over 6,700 (give or take) WMA files if you have the entire Ultra+ or Audiophile package as these would include everything you can get. I wind up with only 3,170, so many of the drum demo's will not play if I am not connected to the internet. Musocity got me going in the right direction on this problem.

=============================================================================================================================

If some of you could give me your total count, it would help.

Thanks

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Veteran
Veteran
7,163. Do I win a prize? grin

Screenshot 2023-03-04 081859.jpg (55.84 KB, 194 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
I only get 6,105.

(So far, Dan is still the winner wink )

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
Thanks guys. I only get 3,170 even with a brand new install of the UltraPak+ and all the 0Paks, 49Paks, Xtra Styles Paks, Xtra Pro Styles Paks, Additional Content Paks, videorealtracks paks, all the loops, all the RealDrums, all the Styles Paks, realtracks_re-amped pak, all the shots and holds paks, all the midi super tracks, all the real drum stems paks, all the playable realtracks paks, and upgrades all the way back to 2018 and still I only get 3,170 WMA files.

I really don't know what else to look for. I am going to download all of the files from the server one more time tonight and do a another virgin reinstall tomorrow to see what happens. The way I look at it, since I have the 2022 UltraPak+ pack, that alone should give me the majority of the files excluding all the additional paks offered in 2022 and 2023, which I also have.

The built-in utility says I have it all but the built-in utility does not check those files. See above.

Any other file counts to give me out there for when I call Tech Support again on Monday?

Thanks and yes so far, Dan is the winner. What he wins, I'm not sure. grin

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Veteran
Veteran
grin 7,511 grin

Clipboard01.jpg (60.36 KB, 166 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
grin 7,511 grin

Oh oh.
Dan, hand over that prize grin

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
Ok, Musocity, MusicStudent, Jim and AudioTrack here are the results of an overnight download and morning install of BIAB Ultra+ and all add-ons up to 2023 Build 1006.

The results are the same.

I am missing 3,660 WMA files. I have quadruple checked and performed 3 new installs and the results are the same. I am now a firm believer that the files on my Products Page are incomplete in some way, either old or missing.

Something is not going right and PGMusic is not getting back to me so I will be calling tech support again on Monday to get to the bottom of this. All 3 of you guys to reported their totals, though different then each other, are double what I have.

Here is the screen shot of both directories, the original install with the additional files added that were sent to me and a new install done this morning with no modifications or additions and the results are striking.

results.jpg (519.1 KB, 12 downloads)
Last edited by jcland; 03/05/23 07:55 AM.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Veteran
Veteran
Here is a list if you want to examine. These go back to before the turn of the century.

7163 in Excel

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
And what result did you get when you loaded Musocity's +++ zip file +++?

J
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
When I added Musocity's zip file, I got a total of 6,867 up from my original 3,207.

After 3 installs with the latest downloads from my products page, the count never goes over 3,207.

I should have a count equal to the number of drum realtracks INCLUDING all variations of the drum stye.

For example, lets take the drum style CountryShuffle128^ and work with that.

It has a total of 7 variations and when I opened up the ZIP file, there were a total of 14 WMA demo files for CountryShuffle128^. The 14 come from the 7 variations playing Solo and 7 variations playing with a Band.

On all 3 of my test installs, there were a total of ZERO WMA files for the particular drum style installed in c:\bb\RealTracks\Data\RealDrums Demos Audio.

The 14 supplied in the ZIP file are:

CountryShuffle128^01_Band.wma
CountryShuffle128^01_Solo.wma
CountryShuffle128^02_Band.wma
CountryShuffle128^02_Solo.wma
CountryShuffle128^03_Band.wma
CountryShuffle128^03_Solo.wma
CountryShuffle128^04_Band.wma
CountryShuffle128^04_Solo.wma
CountryShuffle128^05_Band.wma
CountryShuffle128^05_Solo.wma
CountryShuffle128^06_Band.wma
CountryShuffle128^06_Solo.wma
CountryShuffle128^07_Band.wma
CountryShuffle128^07_Solo.wma

Those 14 should have been installed, along with the other 3,646 that are missing in c:\bb\RealTracks\Data\RealDrums Demos Audio.

Because they were not installed, the program had to go to the Internet to play the demo variations each time. Now that I have added the contents of the ZIP file to that directory, it now plays the demo locally from my hard drive.

Even though my problem has been fixed in a roundabout way with Musocity's generous help, the question remains as to why the install fails to add them in the first place 3 times in a row.

PGMUSIC has not responded to me after they asked me a question and I sent them a long list of these details.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
MIDI Style Demos Audio, and RealDrums Demos Audio from 2014 or earlier aren't currently included in the download by default. We will plan to add those. Here are links to download them. The files should be extracted to "Style Demos Audio" and "RealDrums Demos Audio" folder in your RealTracks\Data folder.

MIDI Style Demos Audio (7 GB):
https://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allrdstydemoszip/style-demos-audio_1_midisty_05-28-14.zip

All RealDrums Demos Audio (3.5 GB):
https://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allrdstydemoszip/realdrums_demos_audio_03-05-2023.zip

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
J
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
J
Thank you Andrew for the response.

This not only solved my problem but also answered the question as to why I was missing so many files.

I will mark resolved for now.

jcland

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,665
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200