Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
PL, Fantastic. You often provide sensational workarounds, and these are greatly appreciated. No doubt there is a big effort to develop these.

But, with respect, we're looking for this feature to be an integrated part of the program. I think you will agree that this would be the most appropriate delivery mechanism.

I suspect that the count-in is perhaps hard-coded to the song's time-signature, but it should be able to be 'modified' to suit the correct timing of that critical first bar. That's the reality.

Can you imagine a band leader who delivers a 4/4 count-in to the band members who then must start playing in 3/4? No, neither can I, but that's what BiaB does in these circumstances.

Sorry I have to say this, but it's way past time for this issue to be resolved. It may be difficult, but it's not impossible.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Sorry I have to say this, but it's way past time for this issue to be resolved. It may be difficult, but it's not impossible.
+1

I totally agree with that. It's really rather fundamental.

I rather suspect there's some nasty under the surface that makes it very difficult ... perhaps backward compatibility issues?

I do wonder if it's tied in with the rather limited handling generally of time signatures. I appreciate that there are some weird ones around(*), but 5/4 and 12/8 are pretty common and 7/8 is not exactly rare.

(*)My wife wanted to sing with the band and wanted "Light Flight" as done by Pentangle. No worries ... the verses are in 5/4+5/4+2/4 and the chorus in 6/4.

Even Pentangle admitted they'd never worked out how to count it in properly :-)

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
What I'm saying is there is no reason I can see that the method I describe can't be integrated into Biab now, like today, if I had the source code I would code it now and upload it.
Whatever the first time signature is set to it will play 2 bars of that then start play at bar 1 or a custom start point.
Maybe it's because they spend 6 months re-programming Mac that there is not the time left to fit these things in, I don't know......

Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/nf3htbh420pkbx6/Reaper-Count-In.mp4?dl=0

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Views 31297
They could sell some ad space in this forum to pay for the fix.

Views 71598

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
If a song has a mix of 3/4 and 4/4 time signatures, and needs to start in 3/4, it needs to use a 4/4 style and use F5 to set the first bar to 3/4. However, this means that the count-in will be in 4/4 when the song then actually starts in 3/4.

It seems to me that it would be a whole lot more practical if Band In A Box just produced the count-in using the same time-signature as the first bar of the song. If the first bar plays in 3/4, the count in should automatically be in 3/4. This would be a great improvement.

Hopefully there is still interest from the BiaB fraternity. Feel free to comment.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1 for a count-in that matches the time signature of the first bar in a song.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Again another big +1

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
39379 views and still waiting...

83444 views and still waiting...

I suppose if it's using a 4/4 style that 4/4 Drum will have a 4/4 count-in recorded in it, it would have to load a count-in from a 3/4 recorded drum RealDrum and set the 2 count-in bars to 3/4 but then if you have to use a 4/4 style when you have 3/4 changes then there must be a big issue stopping this if it hasn't been done by now ?

Quote:
We plan to add support for floating point tempos and any time signature, in BiaB, plug-in

maybe when this is overhauled and updated other issue will be then doable ?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB23-3-4-Count-in.png (147.28 KB, 170 downloads)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
1+

...Deb

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I see I was the first +1 ten years ago, but I'm changing my mind. This feature as it is now makes counting in a song more adventurous to follow, and who wouldn't want that? Are all 88,000+ of you not up to the challenge? No? You would like this fixed?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I see I was the first +1 ten years ago, but I'm changing my mind. This feature as it is now makes counting in a song more adventurous to follow, and who wouldn't want that? Are all 88,000+ of you not up to the challenge? No? You would like this fixed?

Well, this made me smile (if I didn't laugh I'd cry). I also witnessed the use of the word 'Whoa' from this thread. Very appropriate.

Any more takers? (This is a really important bug that needs resolving)

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Gimme a Whoa:

"WHOA"

Gimme a Fix:

"FIX"

What's that spell?

"WHOAFIX"

----------

Huh?

Yeah, OK.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Yes, it's sort of like begging:

WHOcAnFIX ?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Not bad!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Another nudge. PG Music agree it's a good idea.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Online Content
Expert

World peace is a good idea.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
07/05/2013 10:16 PM
If a song has a mix of 3/4 and 4/4 time signatures, and needs to start in 3/4, it needs to use a 4/4 style and use F5 to set the first bar to 3/4. However, this means that the count-in will be in 4/4 when the song then actually starts in 3/4.

It seems to me that it would be a whole lot more practical if Band In A Box just produced the count-in using the same time-signature as the first bar of the song. If the first bar plays in 3/4, the count in should automatically be in 3/4. This would be a great improvement.

Hope others approve.

Regards
Trevor

07/07/2016 01:13 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Good points.

07/28/2023 05:40 PM 89410 views

There are lots of "good ideas" here but I thought you had to get 100,000 views, 10 pages and 10 years first ?
Is this another issue where you are stuck:
Quote:
Get your programming sorted so you can implement things easily and quickly for both Win and Mac.
It's like the time signatures saga that got stuck in the way they are for so long because of how they were made, it's the same with the programming way you have been stuck in for so long. All of these issues are now manifesting, the dam is starting to show it's leaks, the lid is blowing off the pressure cooker because they kept being put off for song long.
Really you need to bite the bullet and New Ways of Doing Things, Quantum Leaps In Thinking
You have an old car with a good engine but you keep patching the body up, going off half cocked.

Quote:
... and the 255 bar limit and I'm sure some other things.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Notes: For time signature higher than 4/4, each bar is spread out over 2 or more bars (e.g. 5/4 will be written as 3/4+2/4).
So would you need 4 pre roll bars to get a 5/4 count-in to fit ?
The only way I can see is have it work like the AutoHotkey script play the count-in with a metronome without playing bars -1 and 0 then start play at bar 1 OR any chosen bar to start the count-off as Reaper can do.
Unless you add RealTimeSignatures so then the count-in bars will be in the real time signature and can then play the correct 2 bar count-in.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Hey can I do a + 1 Too?!?!?! I wanna say Whoa like Matt did!

(Obvious attempt to boost post count)

Hey maybe by the time this gets fixed Audio track will be call four dimensional-Ai-track, Musocity will be Nursinghomecity, Rustyspoon will get new silverware, and well Matt will still be Matt

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Well, in a nutshell, the program creator favored the idea many years ago, and years later still states it's a good idea. But this serious deficiency still exists in 2013.

This issue does need serious attention.

The count-in to a song is there for very good musical reasons. At the very least it tells the performers
a:) when to start,
b:) the song tempo, and
c:) the time signature.

Musicians need an accurate count-in. Simple. Receiving a 4/4 count-in for the start of a 3/4 song is way beyond crazy. It's an extremely serious program deficiency.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,513
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195