Page 1 of 2 1 2
#759187 03/26/23 02:36 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
3-19 Song

BobH came over on 3/19 (hence the title) with an original chord progression.

I completely changed my recording methods for this one. I recorded his guitar in Studio One Pro 6 then had the DAW determine the chords. In BiaB I did not input any chords as I just picked a style. I was going to add drum fills but I liked what BiaB yielded so I kept the non-fills drum part. I brought the BiaB tracks into my DAW and had them follow the chord progression. I did have to make a few modifications but the process went very quickly, actually I was finished the next day but I wouldn't upload it until I had Bob's approval, which was today.

BiaB style = Nashville Pop 16
Tempo = 95 BPM

Bass - Ample P-Bass
Piano & Guitar - EZ Keys Dream Machine - preset - Mellow MK VII
Drums - Steven Slate's SSD-5 - preset - Deluxe Vintage Funk 02
Shakers - Kontakt - Brio - Shakers - Note I only kept the toms and shakers from the drum kit and deleted all of the other drums and cymbals.
BobH - Dean acoustic guitar
Me - Via my wind controller Kontakt - Crystal Flute

As always all comments are welcomed.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #759393 03/28/23 09:29 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Incredible Mario. I haven't figured out how to do one method just right, and here you are coming up with a completely new one! You always create such great soundscapes, and I love the title!

Brad

Brad Williams #759419 03/28/23 12:49 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Incredible Mario. I haven't figured out how to do one method just right, and here you are coming up with a completely new one! You always create such great soundscapes, and I love the title!

Brad

Thanx so much Brad for listening and commenting. I greatly appreciate it.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #759423 03/28/23 01:07 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nicely done guys. I enjoyed this and could see the Celtic Woman ladies doing a version of this.
I especially liked the intro percussion and the flute.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
MarioD #759540 03/29/23 08:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very original sounding piece, cool chord progression and very interesting soundscape, that crystal flute melody really gives an exotic vibe and works surprisingly well with the guitars. I feel I'm on a flight to a new country somewhere in Asia, excited yet nervous what might show up.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Bass Thumper #759560 03/29/23 01:27 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Nicely done guys. I enjoyed this and could see the Celtic Woman ladies doing a version of this.
I especially liked the intro percussion and the flute.

Thanx for listening and commenting on little jam Steve. I appreciate it.

jannesan #759561 03/29/23 01:28 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very original sounding piece, cool chord progression and very interesting soundscape, that crystal flute melody really gives an exotic vibe and works surprisingly well with the guitars. I feel I'm on a flight to a new country somewhere in Asia, excited yet nervous what might show up.

Janne

Thanx Janne. Yes Bob came up with a very unusual chord progression. I'm glad that you liked the flute.

MarioD #759678 03/30/23 01:15 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario and Bob,

well, your process certainly worked very well! I also have that EZ KEYS dream machine and you inspired me to explore it a little more now! This whole track has a beautiful sound! Guitar part really is a big plus on this and the controller work was lovely!

Thanks, TB

Torrey Bliss #759695 03/30/23 03:28 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Mario and Bob,

well, your process certainly worked very well! I also have that EZ KEYS dream machine and you inspired me to explore it a little more now! This whole track has a beautiful sound! Guitar part really is a big plus on this and the controller work was lovely!

Thanks, TB

Thanx so much Torrey. BobH is a great guitarist and when he said he came up with a chord progression I had to listen and record it.

MarioD #759727 03/31/23 02:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Mario,

You keep on experimenting a lot in the way you make your songs!
This is a nice song, it has the vibe of an Irish song (in the beginning), very good accompanied by the drums!
Then the Irish vibe disappears, while the flute keeps meandering through your beatiful musical fields. Very nicely done!
So this song pleased me a lot as you can read in my previous sentence.

A little drawback was the end of the song. Too abrupt.
But another good one from your hand, Mario!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
Birchwood #759741 03/31/23 03:23 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hello Mario,

You keep on experimenting a lot in the way you make your songs!
This is a nice song, it has the vibe of an Irish song (in the beginning), very good accompanied by the drums!
Then the Irish vibe disappears, while the flute keeps meandering through your beatiful musical fields. Very nicely done!
So this song pleased me a lot as you can read in my previous sentence.

A little drawback was the end of the song. Too abrupt.
But another good one from your hand, Mario!

Hans

Thanx so much Hans for this wonderful review.

MarioD #759751 03/31/23 04:49 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful song with a great relaxing mood.
I'm always amazed at what you do with the wind controller.
Good stuff!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
MarioD #759806 03/31/23 11:25 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I like the Indian flavor of that flute sound
Very interesting arrangement and chord progressions
Great production on it too

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

B.D.Thomas #759826 03/31/23 12:57 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Beautiful song with a great relaxing mood.
I'm always amazed at what you do with the wind controller.
Good stuff!

Thanx so much Brain. Using a wind controller and using MIDI editing can add a lot to a song, especially on wind instruments.

Elliott Kayne #759828 03/31/23 12:58 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Elliott Kayne
I like the Indian flavor of that flute sound
Very interesting arrangement and chord progressions
Great production on it too

Thanx Elliot. I like the tone of that flute also. Thanx for noticing the chord progression, BobH will love that!

MarioD #759901 04/01/23 03:58 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Mario & Bob

Fun soundscape. Interesting chord progression and cool flute work. Mix is very clear. The only critical point is I believe too much of shaker. I would either put it on some parts or add a variation. In any case, great for such short production time. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

MarioD #760118 04/02/23 03:50 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is a really nice piece Mario. Love how the drums lock the groove of the song in. Excellent instrumentation on this. The wind controller flute was a really cool melody. Well done..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
MarioD #760128 04/02/23 05:10 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Mario...love this...kind of an ethereal Celtic flavor to my ears...great flute and a real nice chord progression for sure...everything works (with maybe the exception of the abrupt ending)...bravo!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2023, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12, Wavelab 11.1, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
MarioD #760139 04/02/23 09:18 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well done Mario - always learning and always creating interesting ear focussing stuff.
Nice mix on this.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Rustyspoon# #760162 04/03/23 04:29 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Mario & Bob

Fun soundscape. Interesting chord progression and cool flute work. Mix is very clear. The only critical point is I believe too much of shaker. I would either put it on some parts or add a variation. In any case, great for such short production time. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanx so for listening and commenting Misha. That is a good idea about those shakers.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
This is a really nice piece Mario. Love how the drums lock the groove of the song in. Excellent instrumentation on this. The wind controller flute was a really cool melody. Well done..

Thanx Scott. I really like using the wind controller on horn and woodwind parts. It does add realism to those tracks.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,526
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199