Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I hate to spread rumors, but Toontracks has an ad floating on Facebook of a new release coming on April 3 with a hint of "Piano keys". If its true, you heard it here first. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You are a real troublemaker...lol I have already spent about a zillion dollars on Toontracks!

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Don't blame the messager. grin

In full disclosure, some are saying the crytic message from ToonTracks is hinting that a Subscription Service will be launched on April 3. cry

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Now that is funny.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Here you go, EZKeys 2.0 or Subscription Service?

Pick your poison. crazy

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Dan,
You are a fan of Toon stuff. Can you please share if/how it can be integrated with BIAB? I have tried demo once, but could not get it right. Can it work similarly to Kontakt ( with transposable phrase instruments) using a BIAB chord track? Thanks.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hey Dan,
You are a fan of Toon stuff. Can you please share if/how it can be integrated with BIAB? I have tried demo once, but could not get it right. Can it work similarly to Kontakt ( with transposable phrase instruments) using a BIAB chord track? Thanks.

Misha, how did you miss my past history of videos introducing this software along side BIAB? I am aware that I tend to delete my old videos, so that may be the reason. But stay tuned, if this is indeed EZKeys 2.0, than I will go on a tear with new fresh material on this topic.

Keep in mind, EZKeys released circa 2012 and is still today at Version 1. So it suffers in regards to its ability to play well with other software (sound like some other software we know). That would be the biggest change expected in EZkeys 2.0.

So your question is good but your timing is bad. Lets see what happens...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,
"how did you miss my past history of videos introducing this software along side BIAB"
Did you post it this year (the year of the Chord Track)?

To me, it is not so much about the software, but it's content and integration with BIAB. To my understanding their MIDI content is in a way similar to Super Midi tracks. I doubt that they will re-invent most of the content that has been added in past years, and I do get that things "might" change with 2.0 as far as integration. But in short, can their MIDI phrases "follow" BIAB Chord Track or all chording has to be programmed independently in the VST? (I am not talking about inversions)

Thanks.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
"...but it's content and integration with BIAB". As I mentioned, I would not say these two packages integrate well together. However, both have excellent content. I agree, much like super midi tracks.

Yes, you can copy any track from BIAB and past into EZKeys and it will play it note for note. For that matter, you can insert EZkey.dll (VST2) as a VST inside of BIAB and the EZKeys instrument will play note for note.

Or, you copy the chord track and paste into EZKeys standalone, then you can use the EZKeys libraries to fully improvise over the tracks, just like Super Midi Tracks.

But the fact is, you really need a DAW to integrate them.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,
Thank you for explanation.

From what I understand, as it stands, it will play note for note if Toontrack is inserted as VST, but will not trigger and transpose its own phrases according to BIAB chord sheet? It will play just as a basic instrument. That's what I got when I tried fooling around with it if I remember it right...

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Here you go, EZKeys 2.0 or Subscription Service?

Pick your poison. crazy

I think you got it right the first time. EZ Keys is the one that desperately needs an upgrade and now that they've released EZ Drummer 3 and EZ Bass I'd bet EZ Keys is about to be upgraded!

No way Toontrack is converting to subscription; they're making money hand over fist with the add-on business.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
In full disclosure, some are saying the crytic message from ToonTracks is hinting that a Subscription Service will be launched on April 3. cry

They'd be better off announcing it on April 1st grin

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Dan,
Thank you for explanation.

From what I understand, as it stands, it will play note for note if Toontrack is inserted as VST, but will not trigger and transpose its own phrases according to BIAB chord sheet? It will play just as a basic instrument. That's what I got when I tried fooling around with it if I remember it right...

Misha, AFAIK that is correct. EZkeys VSTi in BiaB will only play what BiaB gives it.

But there is at least one workaround that I use, but you must have Presonus's Studio One Pro; this might work on the entry level Studio One but I know have it to test this.

Drag and Drop your BiaB tracks into Studio One (ST) and have ST extract the chords from the BiaB chord track to the ST chord track. Generate your EZKeys using one of their styles and don't worry about the EZKey chords. Drop the EZKey track into ST and have that track follow the ST chord track. All of the EZKey chords will be eliminated and replaced with the BiaB chords but using the EZKeys rhythms. That is it will play the same as in EZKeys but with BiaB chords. You may have to do a little editing but I have found that this works very well plus it is very easy to do in ST.

If I can help fell free to contact me.

Last edited by MarioD; 03/30/23 03:25 PM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,
Thank you for chipping in. I am a Cakewalk dude.

I wonder... Some developers can amend things fast if they feel it's beneficial. Especially in early stages of release. Perhaps if it's not too tricky they can do something to V2.0 so it accepts a Chord Track from BIAB (and other software)

If v2 of Toontrack will not have that feature, perhaps people on this forum who prefer a smooth integration with BIAB should cook up a joint letter requesting this to happen?

P.S. I would be very interested in new Toontrack Keys if it would play friendly with BIAB. With partial regeneration + Chord Track, I spend much more time in BIAB than I used to, not having to jump between BIAB and DAW.
Having another flavor, would definitely enrich BIAB experience.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Goodness Gratious, I do believe that actually worked! I can only figure that it works on the Utility tracks but not on the Legacy tracks. Cause that is what I see here at this time.

Put the chord chart on Utility #4.
Then insert EZKeys to the VSTi slot for Utility Track #4
Save the midi on Utility #4 to desktop then copy pasted into EZKeys VST.
Use EZKeys midi library to edit the midi
Then play the track in BIAB and we now have EZKeys midi playing along inside BIAB in synch.

I did not think that was possible. In the past I had tried this on the legacy tracks with no success.

Not sure this will be a workflow changer for me since I prefer to get to the DAW as quick as possible, but for those who want to stay longer in the box...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Musocity seems to cracked it. I am tempted to download the demo, but will wait to see what will happen in 3 days.

Musocity, thanks! This is a good candidate video for Tips/Tricks
Just narrate it, or use Dan's description. I don't think he would mind.
It might be useful to current and future users who have, or considering Toontracks.

I guess the biggest downside, you will always have to Re-dragg Midi if you are changing things in BIAB. It seems, unlike Kontakt (guitar series), which can be triggered live, Toontrack writes whole Midi track prior to playback.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 03/31/23 10:55 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
EZKeys is on Util 01 and I generated a chord track on util 02 and drag the name "Chords" into EZkeys (just make sure EZkeys is set to the same key as Biab)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I made a video of this years n years ago in the Tips n Tricks, I thought all you guys knew this ?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199