Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I hate to spread rumors, but Toontracks has an ad floating on Facebook of a new release coming on April 3 with a hint of "Piano keys". If its true, you heard it here first. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You are a real troublemaker...lol I have already spent about a zillion dollars on Toontracks!

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Don't blame the messager. grin

In full disclosure, some are saying the crytic message from ToonTracks is hinting that a Subscription Service will be launched on April 3. cry

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Now that is funny.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Here you go, EZKeys 2.0 or Subscription Service?

Pick your poison. crazy

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Dan,
You are a fan of Toon stuff. Can you please share if/how it can be integrated with BIAB? I have tried demo once, but could not get it right. Can it work similarly to Kontakt ( with transposable phrase instruments) using a BIAB chord track? Thanks.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hey Dan,
You are a fan of Toon stuff. Can you please share if/how it can be integrated with BIAB? I have tried demo once, but could not get it right. Can it work similarly to Kontakt ( with transposable phrase instruments) using a BIAB chord track? Thanks.

Misha, how did you miss my past history of videos introducing this software along side BIAB? I am aware that I tend to delete my old videos, so that may be the reason. But stay tuned, if this is indeed EZKeys 2.0, than I will go on a tear with new fresh material on this topic.

Keep in mind, EZKeys released circa 2012 and is still today at Version 1. So it suffers in regards to its ability to play well with other software (sound like some other software we know). That would be the biggest change expected in EZkeys 2.0.

So your question is good but your timing is bad. Lets see what happens...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,
"how did you miss my past history of videos introducing this software along side BIAB"
Did you post it this year (the year of the Chord Track)?

To me, it is not so much about the software, but it's content and integration with BIAB. To my understanding their MIDI content is in a way similar to Super Midi tracks. I doubt that they will re-invent most of the content that has been added in past years, and I do get that things "might" change with 2.0 as far as integration. But in short, can their MIDI phrases "follow" BIAB Chord Track or all chording has to be programmed independently in the VST? (I am not talking about inversions)

Thanks.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
"...but it's content and integration with BIAB". As I mentioned, I would not say these two packages integrate well together. However, both have excellent content. I agree, much like super midi tracks.

Yes, you can copy any track from BIAB and past into EZKeys and it will play it note for note. For that matter, you can insert EZkey.dll (VST2) as a VST inside of BIAB and the EZKeys instrument will play note for note.

Or, you copy the chord track and paste into EZKeys standalone, then you can use the EZKeys libraries to fully improvise over the tracks, just like Super Midi Tracks.

But the fact is, you really need a DAW to integrate them.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,
Thank you for explanation.

From what I understand, as it stands, it will play note for note if Toontrack is inserted as VST, but will not trigger and transpose its own phrases according to BIAB chord sheet? It will play just as a basic instrument. That's what I got when I tried fooling around with it if I remember it right...

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Here you go, EZKeys 2.0 or Subscription Service?

Pick your poison. crazy

I think you got it right the first time. EZ Keys is the one that desperately needs an upgrade and now that they've released EZ Drummer 3 and EZ Bass I'd bet EZ Keys is about to be upgraded!

No way Toontrack is converting to subscription; they're making money hand over fist with the add-on business.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
In full disclosure, some are saying the crytic message from ToonTracks is hinting that a Subscription Service will be launched on April 3. cry

They'd be better off announcing it on April 1st grin

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,
Thank you for explanation.

From what I understand, as it stands, it will play note for note if Toontrack is inserted as VST, but will not trigger and transpose its own phrases according to BIAB chord sheet? It will play just as a basic instrument. That's what I got when I tried fooling around with it if I remember it right...

Misha, AFAIK that is correct. EZkeys VSTi in BiaB will only play what BiaB gives it.

But there is at least one workaround that I use, but you must have Presonus's Studio One Pro; this might work on the entry level Studio One but I know have it to test this.

Drag and Drop your BiaB tracks into Studio One (ST) and have ST extract the chords from the BiaB chord track to the ST chord track. Generate your EZKeys using one of their styles and don't worry about the EZKey chords. Drop the EZKey track into ST and have that track follow the ST chord track. All of the EZKey chords will be eliminated and replaced with the BiaB chords but using the EZKeys rhythms. That is it will play the same as in EZKeys but with BiaB chords. You may have to do a little editing but I have found that this works very well plus it is very easy to do in ST.

If I can help fell free to contact me.

Last edited by MarioD; 03/30/23 03:25 PM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,
Thank you for chipping in. I am a Cakewalk dude.

I wonder... Some developers can amend things fast if they feel it's beneficial. Especially in early stages of release. Perhaps if it's not too tricky they can do something to V2.0 so it accepts a Chord Track from BIAB (and other software)

If v2 of Toontrack will not have that feature, perhaps people on this forum who prefer a smooth integration with BIAB should cook up a joint letter requesting this to happen?

P.S. I would be very interested in new Toontrack Keys if it would play friendly with BIAB. With partial regeneration + Chord Track, I spend much more time in BIAB than I used to, not having to jump between BIAB and DAW.
Having another flavor, would definitely enrich BIAB experience.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Goodness Gratious, I do believe that actually worked! I can only figure that it works on the Utility tracks but not on the Legacy tracks. Cause that is what I see here at this time.

Put the chord chart on Utility #4.
Then insert EZKeys to the VSTi slot for Utility Track #4
Save the midi on Utility #4 to desktop then copy pasted into EZKeys VST.
Use EZKeys midi library to edit the midi
Then play the track in BIAB and we now have EZKeys midi playing along inside BIAB in synch.

I did not think that was possible. In the past I had tried this on the legacy tracks with no success.

Not sure this will be a workflow changer for me since I prefer to get to the DAW as quick as possible, but for those who want to stay longer in the box...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Musocity seems to cracked it. I am tempted to download the demo, but will wait to see what will happen in 3 days.

Musocity, thanks! This is a good candidate video for Tips/Tricks
Just narrate it, or use Dan's description. I don't think he would mind.
It might be useful to current and future users who have, or considering Toontracks.

I guess the biggest downside, you will always have to Re-dragg Midi if you are changing things in BIAB. It seems, unlike Kontakt (guitar series), which can be triggered live, Toontrack writes whole Midi track prior to playback.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 03/31/23 10:55 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
EZKeys is on Util 01 and I generated a chord track on util 02 and drag the name "Chords" into EZkeys (just make sure EZkeys is set to the same key as Biab)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I made a video of this years n years ago in the Tips n Tricks, I thought all you guys knew this ?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I was all over that 2016 and 2018 thread back in the day.

But it has nothing to do with inserting EZkeys as a VST in BIAB and using the EZKeys library to play in synch with the BIAB tracks. It was only using the EZKeys Standalone with BIAB chords.

What you have shown us today is EZKeys working as a VST inside BIAB. But I still believe, only on a Utility Track, which did not even exist in 2016 or 2018. If that part about only on a Utility track is true, then this workflow is not well definded and should be illustrated in a video (with narration!). Muso, if you can't do the narration part, than I would be glad to put something into this thread. I was able to repeat with EZKeys on the String Track.

Last edited by MusicStudent; 04/01/23 08:15 AM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You do good videos, go for it.
Biab did not have VST Sync back then but it works the same way as now.
EZkeys will work on any track, you don't need a chord track on the EZKeys track as it will only play the chord notes, you have to drag n drop the "Chords" track into EZkeys to give EZKeys a chord progression, then you simply replace the whole track with browser midi or sections of track with different browser midi. Just make sure the keys the same or it will transpose the chords.
That's the way I got it to work, but maybe there is another way ???
In the pic I have EZKeys playing a Midi Super Track.

It should be the same deal with EZBass, isn't it the same thing as I'm doing here in videos ?
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=758019

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8fouoy73alr2fd/BB23-EZBass-PlayableRealTracks.mp4?dl=0

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You have this also: Biab Snap MIDI To Chords you can put any midi in a track and this will snap it to the Biab chord sheet. It will also snap midi to the key.
You can drag the EZKeys midi into the Biab piano roll and it will snap it to the chords and play back through EZKeys.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
So when EZkeys-VST is inserted on a track in BIAB which has MIDI already on it, it will play that midi.

Then if you add the chord chart (export - copy and paste) to the EZKeys VST, it will not only play the Chords from the chord chart, but it will "merge" them with the midi on the BIAB track, playing both simultaneously.

Now, if you next apply the EZKey library to the chord chart to use any of the EZKeys library of grooves, those grooves will merge and play with the Midi coming from the original BIAB track. Be sure to check the "follow host" in EZkeys.

I have never seen this work this way in BIAB. In fact, EZKeys is working almost the same way you would expect it to work in your DAW. With one exception. I don't belive EZkeys would play both the DAW Midi and the EZkeys midi at the same time. But that part has me a bit confused primarily cause I would never think of doing that.

I look forward to doing some more of this when EZKeys 2.0 is released in 2 DAYS.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I don't belive EZkeys would play both the DAW Midi and the EZkeys midi at the same time.

The chords are on octave 6:

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I look forward to doing some more of this when EZKeys 2.0 is released in 2 DAYS.

Have heard something new about this possibility?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It would have to be similar to EZBass.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

It is essentially a complete give a way. Each day on Toontracks Face book they have provided a hint. No question what is coming... grin

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 2023-04-01 123228.jpg (78.65 KB, 209 downloads)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
For those that don't have EZKeys or can't afford it, in this demo I drag a midi phrase into the piano roll and it will snap all the notes to chord notes on playback:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=757804

Zoom++

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J

It is essentially a complete give a way. Each day on Toontracks Face book they have provided a hint. No question what is coming... grin

I hope they have a great upgrade price!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Just responding to your subject title, Dan.

May your heart not be still. That sounds a little bit serious crazy

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
EZCpr?

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Guys, I have not been this excited about a new release since Spitfire Appassionata Strings... grin

Current buzz is that tomorrow will only be the announcement of EZKeys 2.0. The actual release will be 1 month later. cry

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Guys, I have not been this excited about a new release since Spitfire Appassionata Strings... grin

Current buzz is that tomorrow will only be the announcement of EZKeys 2.0. The actual release will be 1 month later. cry

That gives us a month of a special upgrade offer like they did with EZD2 to EZD3!

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I have been putting in a good word for us on ToonTrack FB.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 2023-04-02 124906.jpg (102.6 KB, 145 downloads)

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

It looks good but what I didn't see was an upgrade price or if it was compatible with old MIDI styles. Without those I will be staying with what I have now.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Skip the Toontrack page and go straight to Shootie's page. Get your coffee first, you will be there for a while.

"holy tunetrack invasion..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MZm63RJxfg

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan, you might want to consider sleeping aid smile

funnies aside, since you are an active forum member there, can you please ask if new release will be able to play directly from MIDI chord file, or it still would have to be "dragged in"?
Thank you.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD

It looks good but what I didn't see was an upgrade price or if it was compatible with old MIDI styles. Without those I will be staying with what I have now.

Rest assured all will be backward compatible or will have a features to import all prior library content. But the real big news is:

New business model: Software includes core sound library

This is a huge change...

Watch Shootie

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: MarioD

79 €/$ to upgrade before 16 May. 99 after. Full price 199. Upgrade price includes VAT in Europe. The EZ?Keys 2 page says that v1 pianos and MIDI are compatible with v2.

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; PreSonus Studio 1810c; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Studio One 6 Pro; MuseScore 4; Melodyne 5 Studio; Acoustica Premium 7; Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I found these tidbits at the link Dan posted:
Quote:
a prerequisite is that the host supports VST3, AU or AAX instruments

That quote means it will not work in Band-in-a-Box for Windows or RealBand since neither program accepts VST3.

An AU version of EZKeys2 is available so perhaps the plugin will work with Band-in-a-Box for Mac.

Quote:
the full MIDI content from the legacy version is also included.

Quote:
In May, all previously released EZkeys titles get converted to EKX expansions. Already own one or a few? Don’t worry, all EZkeys sounds will work in EZkeys 2.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
funnies aside, since you are an active forum member there, can you please ask if new release will be able to play directly from MIDI chord file, or it still would have to be "dragged in"?
Thank you.

Looks like this is covered in...

Play away. Apply playing styles from any EZkeys MIDI on your own chord sequences – in real-time!

Watch Shootie

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: TheMaartian
79 €/$ to upgrade before 16 May. 99 after. Full price 199. Upgrade price includes VAT in Europe. The EZ?Keys 2 page says that v1 pianos and MIDI are compatible with v2.

They did something like that after I bought EZDrummer 2. A very short while later they announced EZDrummer 3, I wasn't offered a free-upgrade and baulked at paying yet more to upgrade what I'd only just bought. I've not been willing to buy anything else from them since.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott

They did something like that after I bought EZDrummer 2. A very short while later they announced EZDrummer 3, I wasn't offered a free-upgrade and baulked at paying yet more to upgrade what I'd only just bought. I've not been willing to buy anything else from them since.

Ya, we all remember that. Although, I don't remember any issues with the cost of the EZD3 upgrade. You may want to rethink this, EZD3 is fantastic.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Spent the moning getting "everything we know as of now" from Shootie

I have been with EZKeys for over a decade. In fact, I (jazzmandan) am the OP in the EZKeys forum who 7 years ago first requested EZKeys2. That thread has been active all these years, and now we finally have EZKeys 2.0! That thread is having a celebration today.

The new features look incredible. And I am stoked to pre-order. But I had an unexpected strong feeling of sadness as I spent the morning with Shootie going through the marketing. EZkeys 1 was so simple and so beautiful. EZKeys 02 is so much more than simple piano midi generation. But time marches on and we either adapt or resign. I figure I got a few more good years in me (remember none of us are getting out of this alive). So I guess I have to get syched for the changes to come. As shootie said, "Holy Toontrack Invation touching down now."

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Hey Dan,

This is awesome news. I have a question for you, the resident EZexpert!

- The upgrade price is $79. OK, I could be happy with that (very happy!)

- But, out of curiosity, I went to the page for ordering an Electric Grand sound expansion priced at $89 for the upgrade

- However, on this page that lists both the upgrade price and the full price for EZ Keys with this sound expansion, it also says "EZ KEYS 2 UPGRADE INCLUDED*"

Is this perhaps a loophole where I could buy a sound expansion for $89 upgrade price and qualify for a free EZ Keys 2 upgrade? Just looking to maximize my value on this investment!!

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J

This is a huge change...

Watch Shootie

Can you please explain? I thought I got a core sound library when I bought EZ Keys 1?

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Dan, thanks for the reminder to go to Shootie's site. I'm watching him explain everything and it is awesome!

OMG, that Suggest Chords feature looks amazing!!!!

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Although, I don't remember any issues with the cost of the EZD3 upgrade.

You might have done if you'd only just bought it. :-(
EZD3 does appear very good. I just have to stop smarting first.
It was the EZD2->EZD3 change that persuaded me to not buy either EZBass or EZKeys. Or indeed any further add-ons.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

This is a huge change...

Watch Shootie

Can you please explain? I thought I got a core sound library when I bought EZ Keys 1?

The old business model was a nightmare for users and a bonus for the company. TT sells EZKeys in 3 types Core, Expansions and Midi Paks.

Core is single new Piano with full EZKeys program (there is currently only the most minimal Core-midi-library.
1) Expansion Pack is a new Instrument only (which by the way comes with that little library but is much 2) cheaper and needs the "Core" for the innstrument to work.
3) Midi Pack is just the midi content.

If you buy EXKeys1 now you get upgrade free.
If you buy just an expansion - no free upgrade
If you buy a midi pak - no free upgrade

What a mess... This will change in the new business mode. This is all explained very well by Shootie

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
DANG! Shootie just name-checked BIAB!

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Scaler is taking some potential marketing hits also. EZK2.0 has laid down the gauntlet to the competition.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I'm still not clear on the old vs. new business model. Is my summary below correct?

OLD BUSINESS MODEL
With the old model I'd buy EZ Keys by choosing an instrument and that would include that instrument along with a standard MIDI library.

Then, I could buy expansions to get new instruments but the expansions only included the same MIDI library.

Or, I could buy MIDI packs that did NOT include an instrument but DID include new MIDI library content.

NEW BUSINESS MODEL
EZ Keys comes with a core library and a grand piano.

Expansions include an instrument AND new MIDI library content.

Will new MIDI-only packs still be produced?

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Scaler is taking some potential marketing hits also. EZK2.0 has laid down the gauntlet to the competition.

Yeah, I've been predicting this for some time. Once Toontrack gets everything bundled (as they are now starting to do with EZ Line branding) and maybe adds guitars, they become an extremely serious competitor to Band-in-a-Box. As delighted as I am with EZ Keys 2 I would not want to be marketing a competing product right now!

Off-Topic
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
I have just upgraded.

Thanks for the reminder, otherwise I would probably have missed it.

These guys really knows ho to make an efficient, simple, clean and on the task focused user friendly interface.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Just sent Toontrack more of my kids' inheritance!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I thought it would look much the same as EZBass.
You know you can turn the volume down in it and use the midi outpout to any other VSTi, you can even use a guitar VST and create some guitar midi phrases for the library.
What are you guys going to do about the VST3 ?
You might be forced into using VST3Shell or Element

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Playing around with EZkeys1 via its VST2 was a bit fun and interesting but I would never use it as an official workflow. At least that was never my intention. EZKeys belongs in a DAW and Reaper/BIAB/EZWhatever, have always worked as a great combination.

BTW, I worked a little more with BIAB/EZKeys following our discovery of EZKeys synching in BIAB the other day. While the first trials went surprizingly well, further efforts resulted in some oddities which no one wants to battle with.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
If you use it in the DAW just insert the BBPlugin, open the Biab song and without generating drag then C7 into EZKeys, right click C7 for options.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan, you shameless seducer!
I bought the Dream machine.

Since new version WILL accept chords in real time and Peter Gannon confirmed in wishlist that VST3 is set for 2024, that would be a nice addition / companion to BIAB.

For new users (!!) I talked to Toontrack customer service and you can purchase current version from other retailers and it would still be eligible for V2 update. I bought dream machine from Best Service for $136, registered it with Toontrack and what they say is true. Confirmed. I got my v2 update AND core library reserved. See attached.

I decided to pull the trigger, because they might discontinue new sales of VST2 and besides BIAB I have another software that is VST2 only. This way I will have both versions.

ezkeys.jpg (63.13 KB, 195 downloads)
Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 04/04/23 05:15 AM.
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Misha, I would never ask you to do something I would not do myself. And wasn't it you who made me buy Scaler back in the day? Or maybe it was you who convinced me to buy Flashback Pro? So what goes around comes around. grin

Screenshot 2023-04-04 114940.jpg (31.44 KB, 187 downloads)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Not sure if I was the one to strip dance Scaler for you, but Flashback is awesome! I still stand by it.
------------------------------------

Dan, since you had been with Toontrack for a while. Can you recommend third party keys patterns? Their stuff is OK, but I feel a bit overpriced.
Thanks.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Dan, since you had been with Toontrack for a while. Can you recommend third party keys patterns? Their stuff is OK, but I feel a bit overpriced.
Thanks.

Good Question. I am afraid I have good and bad news but then some good news for you.

First the good news. EZKeys will allow you to incorporate any third party midi library. Here is how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpskly3jgBA

Bad news there is a ton of crap out there in the world of third party midi libraries. We have been spoiled by BIAB. So much of their stuff is so good with so little effort. Unlike midi libraries which will allow you to build a sequence one chord arpeggio at a time. These libraries are relatively cheap, but you get what you pay for. I have picked up several big commercial packs over the years and I can't recommend any of them other than EZKeys packs which do go on sale at times. Remember, this was EZKeys model (I call it the printer model). Sell the printer for cheap and then make all your money on selling the ink and paper.

But a bit of good news, there is one 3rd party exception. One guy who makes midi packs in the cimimatic genre which I really like. https://www.mediamusicmastery.com/.
Go to his site and grab a selection of freebees to see what he offers. I have used this to make music.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan, Thank you!

" EZKeys will allow you to incorporate any third party midi library"
That was one of the main reasons I bought into it.

" ton of crap out there " - precisely smile

Thank you for the link! Will check him out.
--------------------------------------------

I hope third party will still be the game in V2. To my understanding, this will not change.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
As I read the fine print, it says I can upgrade at the discounted price until the day of the release. Also I wanted to buy Synthwave but if I understand it comes with the upgrade.

Dan, is this your understanding?

Billy

I own EZKeys, EZBass, EZDrummer2, and Superior Drummer3. A bunch of midi packs and a few expansions packs. The more I use their products the better I like them.

What I generally find a waste of time and money is third party midi. But that is only a general statement. If you know of any midi packe that are really good I would like to know and I don't care what they cost.

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Nice thanks MC!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
As I read the fine print, it says I can upgrade at the discounted price until the day of the release. Also I wanted to buy Synthwave but if I understand it comes with the upgrade.

Dan, is this your understanding?

No, I think you have that wrong. You will only get to choose one of four free expansions when you are a first time purchaser. No free expansion when you upgrade ($79 is too cheap to give a free expansion). Check it out closely, the anwer is out there.

Billy

What I generally find a waste of time and money is third party midi. But that is only a general statement. If you know of any midi packe that are really good I would like to know and I don't care what they cost.

I am in fully agreement with your understanding about 3rd party midi packs (for keys). I have invested in an embarrising amount of these products so I speak from experience. But this is only in the case of Keys. Drums on the otherhand offer a host of great 3rd party options. Check out GrooveMonkey as an example.

Oh, but don't miss this...
Quote:
But a bit of good news, there is one 3rd party exception. One guy who makes midi packs in the cimimatic genre which I really like. https://www.mediamusicmastery.com/.
Go to his site and grab a selection of freebees to see what he offers. I have used this to make music.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I am in fully agreement with your understanding about 3rd party midi packs (for keys). I have invested in an embarrising amount of these products so I speak from experience. But this is only in the case of Keys. Drums on the otherhand offer a host of great 3rd party options. Check out GrooveMonkey as an example.

I can vouch for Groove Monkee! After Mario and Dan recommending them I tried them and ended up buying their entire collection! What an amazingly sweet library to add to my EZ Drummer 3!!!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Cost: Synthwave Instrument $89, Midi packs are $29 each

So I bought The Synthwave instrument plus New Wave Midi and Synthwave Midi. You could play with these three things for weeks...lol It provides some of the same sorts of sounds that are in Kontakt.

The Toontracks website is very unclear about what comes with this Synthwave instrument. They infer an upgrade to EZKeys 2 when it gets here. They don't say how that would actually work or what it cost, or if you are buying this instrument as an add-on to your current EZKeys stuff. The added value stuff is only indicated when clicking "add to cart." Even then, it does not tell you anything. There is no value at $179 for standard if you own EZKeys.

Here is the Synthwave Instrument page link so you can see what I mean. https://www.toontrack.com/product/ezkeys-synthwave/

I will order the EZKeys2 software for whatever value it may or may not bring. It is not a material amount of money compared to what I have already spent on Toontracks stuff.

What is less clear is the value of EZDrummer3. What will it do that Superior Drummer3, which I own, does not do?

The bottom line, if you are concerned about what any of this costs, the video Dan posted will give you some idea of how unethical their pricing structure is.

Unfortunately, we live in a world of corporate come on BS.

I think their products are worth the money. I think their deceptive pricing structure sucks.

Billy

EDIT: I did some testing with Synthwave. There is a bass part with 30 presets. Any of this can be played out in EZBass and Trillian. Also, all third-party midi I put in Synthwave worked without issue, including midi I created on my keyboard and drew in by hand. I tested midi from BIAB also without issue.

As far as cost is concerned, good midi at $29 is better than crap midi, even if you pay me to try the crap midi...lol

Last edited by Planobilly; 04/04/23 01:40 PM.

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
The Toontracks website is very unclear about what comes with this Synthwave instrument. They infer an upgrade to EZKeys 2 when it gets here. They don't say how that would actually work or what it cost, or if you are buying this instrument as an add-on to your current EZKeys stuff. The added value stuff is only indicated when clicking "add to cart." Even then, it does not tell you anything. There is no value at $179 for standard if you own EZKeys.

Here is my take: What you just purchased will not change the cost of the upgrade which will be $79. At the same time anything you already have purchased will be fully compatible with the upgrade. I think it will all be a good thing in the end.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I only mention this because it is free.

I ASSUME Cakewalk still has a ton of usable drum midi. I have not used that DAW for a long time. In the Sonar days, it had something called a session drummer, which had a pretty extensive midi collection plus an easy way to separate each drum on a separate track.

I ASSUME you could get to the midi files and use them in EZDrummer.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I only mention this because it is free.

I ASSUME Cakewalk still has a ton of usable drum midi. I have not used that DAW for a long time. In the Sonar days, it had something called a session drummer, which had a pretty extensive midi collection plus an easy way to separate each drum on a separate track.

I ASSUME you could get to the midi files and use them in EZDrummer.

Billy

Wrong assumption. Cakewalk by Bandlab does not include the Session Drummer plugin use to be included with Sonar. However, any third party content you may have from Sonar packages work with Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Cakewalk by Bandlab does include drums as one of the 4 virtual instruments of drums, bass, electric keys and strings included in the Studio Instruments suite. However, none of the virtual instruments include much midi content.

Clipboard01.jpg (380.54 KB, 119 downloads)
Studio Drummer

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Jim,

Yes, my assumption was incorrect. No free lunch...lol

As a test, I tried to download the old paid version of Sonar. The files and the serial numbers are still there on cakewalk.com. It actually loaded up but would not run correctly. The session drummer was there in the program. Perhaps it would run on an older version of Windows.

I think if I remember correctly, things like Dimension Pro 1.5 would work even in other DAWs. Not sure.

I no longer have Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Billy

EDIT: Just as a test, I downloaded the old paid Sonar program on my Win 10 machine. It runs without issue, and all the Session Drummer midi is there. Not that I think I will have a lot of use for it. It looks like all the other stuff I paid money for still exists for download.

Last edited by Planobilly; 04/04/23 05:24 PM.

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
The Toontracks website is very unclear about what comes with this Synthwave instrument. They infer an upgrade to EZKeys 2 when it gets here. They don't say how that would actually work or what it cost, or if you are buying this instrument as an add-on to your current EZKeys stuff. The added value stuff is only indicated when clicking "add to cart." Even then, it does not tell you anything.

I initially thought buying an expansion might qualify me for the free upgrade because their webpage is a bit unclear!

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
But I quickly understood this is NOT the case based on this text at the bottom of the EZ Keys 2 page (I bolded the key part),

Quote:
Buy EZkeys, get the EZkeys 2 upgrade included
**This offer is valid now until EZkeys 2 is released on May 16, 2023. This offer applies to any “Regular” version of EZkeys as well as currently available bundle configurations any such variant may be included in. EZkeys Sound Expansion purchases do not include an upgrade to EZkeys 2. Offer is for a digital download only, no physical copy is distributed. EZkeys download is available upon purchase/registration. Upgrade download will be available on release day (on May 16, 2023). Advertised savings may differ depending on currency and currency changes may create price discrepancies. Pricing and availability are subject to change during the course of the promotion. We reserve the right for any printing errors, spelling mistakes or inaccuracies in images or text relating to this offer. Promotion void where prohibited.

Off-Topic
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S

I wonder why good 3rd party midi packs for keys are so scarce? (it seems it can't be found at all)

Is it so much more difficult to produce, or is it less demand for it?

I have several of the 3rd party midi packs from Groove Monkee for EZD3 drums, great stuff.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: shlind

I wonder why good 3rd party midi packs for keys are so scarce? (it seems it can't be found at all)

Is it so much more difficult to produce, or is it less demand for it?

I have several of the 3rd party midi packs from Groove Monkee for EZD3 drums, great stuff.

The great thing about GrooveMonkee is that they offer their loops in many formats and these other formats are always free.

Last edited by MarioD; 04/05/23 04:24 AM.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Don't you all get inundated in the morning emails with ads from these guys?

https://www.ghosthack.de/ultimate-midi-bundle

or this guy?

https://midi.pianoforproducers.com/niko-midi-pack

Hundreds if not thousands of keyboard midi tracks and always huge sales... These all work in EZKeys the same way that EZkeys packs work.

Just place an order one time, and you will get on the list for ever! grin

You guys know me, I would never tell anyone what to do. crazy But in this case, do your self a favor. Go to https://www.mediamusicmastery.com/ and download the free pack. Just insert the midi library folder into the "Browser" option in the EZkeys menu. You may be pleasently surprized. This is good stuff. Oh, by the way, your emial will start getting hit. But maybe in a good way for you.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 090130.jpg (146.76 KB, 78 downloads)

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
OK, now I do have to apologize. I maybe have been a bit overly vocal on this topic. I don't want to be considered a Fanboy who just goes on and on about a specific app. Unfortunately, it maybe too late for me to do anything about that. But that was never my intention.

So I am going to leave this topic and turn the floor over to this guy who covers this far better than I ever could.

Dan

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
OK, now I do have to apologize. I maybe have been a bit overly vocal on this topic. I don't want to be considered a Fanboy who just goes on and on about a specific app. Unfortunately, it maybe too late for me to do anything about that. But that was never my intention.

So I am going to leave this topic and turn the floor over to this guy who covers this far better than I ever could.

Dan

Dan, please don't leave this topic! The word I'd used to describe you is not fanboy but EXPERT!

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Don't you all get inundated in the morning emails with ads from these guys?

https://www.ghosthack.de/ultimate-midi-bundle

or this guy?

https://midi.pianoforproducers.com/niko-midi-pack

Hundreds if not thousands of keyboard midi tracks and always huge sales... These all work in EZKeys the same way that EZkeys packs work.

Just place an order one time, and you will get on the list for ever! grin

You guys know me, I would never tell anyone what to do. crazy But in this case, do your self a favor. Go to https://www.mediamusicmastery.com/ and download the free pack. Just insert the midi library folder into the "Browser" option in the EZkeys menu. You may be pleasently surprized. This is good stuff. Oh, by the way, your emial will start getting hit. But maybe in a good way for you.

Are you recommending ghosthack and Niko? Prices seem great for their collections.

I went to https://www.mediamusicmastery.com/ but did not see any free packs. Where are they?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, Dan, what John said. The information you provide is very useful.

It is obvious you like the product, and there is nothing wrong with that. So do I. You know a lot about Toontracks, and I look forward to hearing more from you about the product.

And even if you were a "Fanboy," whatever the hell that could be construed to mean...lol I see nothing wrong with being extremely or overly enthusiastic about something you like.

Well...this is a BIAB forum, not Nickelodeon. Mr. Hank Muffin resides elsewhere.

If anyone gives you a hard time...lol just let me know. I will send Vinny and Veto over to correct their attitude...lol Or perhaps this guy...lol

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
JJJ, website will have a pop-up to enter your email once you do you'll receive a link to download that pack. You might have to disable pop-up blocker. I downloaded it. Poked a bit at it. Sounds okay. Still packs are a bit pricey for just a handful of MIDI files he does offer 25% off for the first time buyers.

Free is free, so good start. Dan, thank you! I might have a suggestion too, but before I do I have to try a couple of things that I already own. We'll get back in couple of days.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Are you recommending ghosthack and Niko? Prices seem great for their collections.

I went to https://www.mediamusicmastery.com/ but did not see any free packs. Where are they?

A big NO for ghoshthack and Niko. However they also have free content, so you can download and see for yourself.

Todd has recently changed things up on mediamusicmastery.com. You need to register to get the free content. He just wants you email. (I warned you about that, but I can testify Todd has been around a long time and is legit.) If you wonder around his site for a bit and then.... exit, you should see this popup. Thats it. If all else fails, PM me.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 132606.jpg (90.25 KB, 126 downloads)

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Still packs are a bit pricey for just a handful of MIDI files he does offer 25% off for the first time buyers.

Those levels of discount are extended to repeat customers on a regular basis via those emails we talked about... In fact, Todd has actully provided free codes at times. But maybe that was only to me, since I am such a nice guy. grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, Dan, what John said. The information you provide is very useful.

It is obvious you like the product, and there is nothing wrong with that. So do I. You know a lot about Toontracks, and I look forward to hearing more from you about the product.

And even if you were a "Fanboy," whatever the hell that could be construed to mean...lol I see nothing wrong with being extremely or overly enthusiastic about something you like.

Well...this is a BIAB forum, not Nickelodeon. Mr. Hank Muffin resides elsewhere.

If anyone gives you a hard time...lol just let me know. I will send Vinny and Veto over to correct their attitude...lol Or perhaps this guy...lol

Billy

I agree. But Billy, please leave my cousins out of this, at least you didn't mention Tommy the Torch grin grin grin grin grin grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
LOL Mario...I like Tommy, but he is inclined to start flame wars...lol

Here is a 20-second clip of some Toontracks Synthwave sounds using the current version of EZKeys and EZDrummer2. This is just experimental messing around.

https://soundcloud.com/planobilly/toontracks-test

I wish we could expand this thread, or start a new one, to include information about other Toontrack products and show some audio examples of how you use it with BIAB or alone. I would especially like to hear from Dan on the subject and like to hear some examples.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J

A big NO for ghoshthack and Niko. However they also have free content, so you can download and see for yourself.

Todd has recently changed things up on mediamusicmastery.com. You need to register to get the free content. He just wants you email. (I warned you about that, but I can testify Todd has been around a long time and is legit.) If you wonder around his site for a bit and then.... exit, you should see this popup. Thats it. If all else fails, PM me.

Well I moved from mobile to desktop and now I see the form. But every time I submit it I never receive the email. Tried it with several different email addresses. No joy!

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J

Well I moved from mobile to desktop and now I see the form. But every time I submit it I never receive the email. Tried it with several different email addresses. No joy!

Thanks to Dan for helping me sort it out!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
LOL Mario...I like Tommy, but he is inclined to start flame wars...lol

Here is a 20-second clip of some Toontracks Synthwave sounds using the current version of EZKeys and EZDrummer2. This is just experimental messing around.

https://soundcloud.com/planobilly/toontracks-test

I wish we could expand this thread, or start a new one, to include information about other Toontrack products and show some audio examples of how you use it with BIAB or alone. I would especially like to hear from Dan on the subject and like to hear some examples.

Billy

That sounds great Billy.

I have four EZKeys, Dream Machine, Mellotron, Upright Piano, and Electric Grand. All were bought during sale events. I also have EZ Mix but I rarely use it anymore. I have used all EZKeys in some of my songs, most of the time as a sound source but a few times incorporating their MIDI.

Why not just start a new thread?

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Well... Today is release day!

Kevin smile

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Well, it has been May 16 here in Chigoland for almost 3-1/2 hours and still no EZ Keys 2! frown Plus, when I load Toontrack Product Manager it shows EZ Keys 1 as a downloadable/installable but when I go through that, after install it still says..."Install" and won't let me progress beyond that step.Also, all of my EZ Keys sound expansions (now called EKXs) show the option to download and install but they also get stuck after install with..."Install".

I hope this is just my own dang fault for trying to get started too soon and not an indication of some screwy Toontrack launch fail!

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
A few minutes later, I close and reopen Toontrack Product Manager and it wants to update itself. After updating it I am back to where I started with everything installed and activated and ready to use except EZ Keys 2. Gonna go to bed and try again tomorrow, er, later today!

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
4:09am and...IT WORKS! EZ Keys 2 is a full-screen delight! All installed and spent 15 minutes playing around with it. SWEET!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
4:09am and...IT WORKS! EZ Keys 2 is a full-screen delight! All installed and spent 15 minutes playing around with it. SWEET!

I have yet to see an answer to this question (in all the early talk...)

Once you install the new version (2) - do you still have access to the old version (1) ?
(there are aspects to it - Ver 1 - that I like and some of those don't appear to be in Ver 2)

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
do you still have access to the old version

Yes. I just confirmed both EZKeys 1 and EZKeys 2 are coexisting on my machine.

Screenshot 2023-05-16 074107.jpg (18.07 KB, 51 downloads)
Last edited by MusicStudent; 05/16/23 02:42 AM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
do you still have access to the old version

Yes. I just confirmed both EZKeys 1 and EZKeys 2 are coexisting on my machine.

Thanks for that, Dan...

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
By the way, your only option is to install the ~4Gb library to your c:\ drive.

There is a quick step-by-step in the manual chapter 8.4.8 on how you can relocate your libraries after they are installed.

https://www.toontrack.com/manual/ezkeys-2/8/8-4-the-settings-menu/#8-4-8-the-ezkeys-content-on-your-file-system

Last edited by MusicStudent; 05/16/23 03:55 AM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
EZK2....
Looking pretty, scalable, powerful, but VERY sluggish compared to original for simple tasks. Thinks too much smile
Workflow, it seems gotten more complex too. More steps. I am talking about simple: move, slice, cut.

Biggest disappointment so far: Many 3rd party loop libraries do not have the loops set at Bar1/Beat1 and that messes up EZkeys. So lets say you have or picked up a decent melodic loop pack that has for example 100 files, that do not start at first bar, you are up for lot of manual work re-saving them to work properly in EZkeys. Some packs are much larger than 100 files...I was hoping this would be fixed in EZkeys2, but it's not.

Bottom line, definitely an upgrade for the better, but will take more time to complete basic tasks and still picky on 3rd party stuff.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
Workflow, it seems gotten more complex too. More steps. I am talking about simple: move, slice, cut.

This was my biggest fear. But it is the price we have to pay to get a ticket and take a ride. Otherwise, still way to early to turn sour on it. EZKeys 1 is still there if you need quick and simple. EZKeys 2 will be something we will all have to grow into with time. grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
NotSoEZKeys?

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,
"still way to early to turn sour on it"

It's not that. Overall, it is better, no questions about that. Just light constructive beating. Plus nobody is taking away V1, so no regrets smile

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I took a quick test run through all the new stuff. There is a lot of much better piano playing. I saw a good bit of "piano bar" usable sort of stuff right out of the box.

I like the layout structure better. It seems like finding the things I am looking for is a little faster.

The "generic" idea is cool as a base to write in midi. Having pre-programmed 16th notes is a time saver.

Some of the boogie midi was fun stuff.

Definitely worth the $79.

I am looking forward to digging deeper, just not today. I had to take some pain meds last night, and I feel like I have been taking pain meds...sucks...lol

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I am disappointed that they changed the playback keyboard (the piano).
The 3D look of the piano is cool, but the old 2D-ish from above display was MUCH easier to see what is being played (keys depressed). I use that (2D) as a learning tool.
Anyone know if you can change the piano display back to the old one????

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Agreed. That 3D view is for the Session Grand only. So try using the Grand Piano and you will see a different view which does illustrate the keyboard better. But maybe still not as detailed for key depression as EZK1, but better than the Session Grand.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
I am disappointed that they changed the playback keyboard (the piano).
The 3D look of the piano is cool, but the old 2D-ish from above display was MUCH easier to see what is being played (keys depressed). I use that (2D) as a learning tool.
Anyone know if you can change the piano display back to the old one????

I checked it with Studio Grand and it is almost identical perspective and size with EZ Keys 2 full-screen. But I agree it could be bigger. In fact, I wish they had an option to fill the screen with just 88 keys. And they wouldn't need to be an image, a drawing would be fine for learning as keys are played.

EZKeys1-EZKeys2-StudioGrand.jpg (64.87 KB, 36 downloads)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, thanks. I had not tried the other pianos. They are, in fact, as they were before.

I would really like if the keys remained "pressed" (highlighted) when you pause the play.
Even BETTER would be a way to "walk" through a phrase in some kind of a "step mode" (so I could watch the phrase being played step-by-step)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,682
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200