Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Kajun Jeaux
---"I couldn't risk multiple trips because I didn't have anybody to watch what was left while I was gone with the first load."---

Gee, it looks like we've played some of the same places, Pat...LOL

yeahhh... it's a commonly told story among musicians: You come back to the stage after taking one load to the van, only to discover the rest of the stuff has vanished.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
A guy here loaded his drums, went in to use the bathroom, had an accomplice of the thief buy him a beer on his way out and when he went out 10 minutes later his van was empty

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/26/23 02:35 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
. But they no longer make some of the chips that were used in that machine, so if one of those go, it's goodbye to the Thunder.

It's surprisingly possible to obtain such chips. There are two sources. One is that when chips are going obsolete, companies make a "last time buy" of as many as they think they may need, but they then go on to design the chip out of their product. Once they've done that, they often release much of that last-time stock back onto the market, so chips that were unavailable bcoume available again. They may release another tranche when they stop support for the product.

The other is recycling. A surprising number of components are recycled from old equipment and end up back on the market. Those should be identified as recycled and some can be tested. That's always a risk, though.

octopart.com can often help.

Most ICs will go on for years provided the power supplies behave.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Yes, but you have to find technicians with the skill level to analyze and identify the problem Integrated Circuit. Most service guys nowadays are 'board jockeys'. It's such a shame. But it's true.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Most service guys nowadays are 'board jockeys'.

Board exchange is pretty close to inevitable now with so many components so small that one needs a microscope, heat table, tiny heat gun and tweezers.
Now I'm 70, it can be a struggle even doing that. laugh

Fortunately most of my design prototypes get assembled by someone else now.

A chip I'm using at this moment is 3mm square, has 10 under-chip pads on a 0.5mm pitch and has a central thermal pad under the centre of package. I've used smaller.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
What is a chip...lol My last design.

Some design schematics.

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 04/26/23 06:28 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
LOL on that schematic! Looking forward to meeting you in person, Billy.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here you go Trev. I actually own a few transistors...lol

Mullars stuff from a VOX T60 amp the Beatles Played

Billy

EDIT: Mullard...spell check only understands tube electronics...lol

Last edited by Planobilly; 04/26/23 06:53 AM.

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
LOL on that schematic! Looking forward to meeting you in person, Billy.

Me 2, C U Saturday.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Danny! Took your advice and went with a RocknRoller but I got the R8. Doesn't have the wide all-terrain tires but it weighs a heck of a lot less and su[pports the same weight. I figure if I find that I really need those wide tires, I can change them out to the all-terrains. Right now, other than size, weight is the most important criteria for me.

Thanks for the advice.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
One of the two day-jobs I had in my life was as a Cable TV field engineer, back in the 1970s when I tried unsuccessfully to quit music. I found out quitting music was a stupid idea for me.

When something broke, we were component jockeys. Amp, filter, equalizer, power supply, whatever. Pull it out, and replace it. Send it back to the factory where they had the sophisticated equipment to not only find out what was broken, but to make tests to try to see if anything else was likely to fail in that component.

And I remember when guitarists used to re-solder the phone plugs on their cables. Now they just buy new ones. Same for mic cables.

Times change.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And I remember when guitarists used to re-solder the phone plugs on their cables. Now they just buy new ones.

On Sweetwater. From our computer. And they send them right to our houses!

Times do indeed change. I remember when I had energy and motivation. LOL!

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/27/23 04:27 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
One of the two day-jobs I had in my life was as a Cable TV field engineer, back in the 1970s when I tried unsuccessfully to quit music. I found out quitting music was a stupid idea for me.

When something broke, we were component jockeys. Amp, filter, equalizer, power supply, whatever. Pull it out, and replace it. Send it back to the factory where they had the sophisticated equipment to not only find out what was broken, but to make tests to try to see if anything else was likely to fail in that component.

And I remember when guitarists used to re-solder the phone plugs on their cables. Now they just buy new ones. Same for mic cables.

Times change.

LOL, I remember when guitarists re-solder cables also. Like today...lol
This is about as complicated as opening a can of beer. Letting the gun heat up takes two minutes, ten seconds to fix it, and ten seconds more to check the resistance value.

I knew where it was broken before I unscrewed it. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt...lol

Sweetwater solution
Fender 0990820086 Deluxe Series Straight to Right Angle Instrument Cable - 15 foot Tweed
15' Instrument Cable with Gold-plated Connectors - Straight-Angled, Tweed
$26.14

No thanks!

Billy

EDIT: This all assumes you know how to solder and where your equipment is, and have some high-quality marine shrink tube...lol

What it should look like when finished.

Last edited by Planobilly; 04/27/23 05:53 AM.

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Soldering. UGH!!! I bought this to not have to bother with it anymore.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I still solder phone jacks.

Takes only a few minutes. I like Switchcraft brand phone jacks.

XLR Jacks? It depends. Some brands are a major PITA

I also remember when guitarists brought single strings instead of sets.

In my first band, when I was just a kid, the guitarist made his own light gauge set by buying a banjo string for the first, the E was second, B for third, a wound G for 4th, D for 5th and A for 6th. He learned the trick in Nashville. Black Diamond brand strings.

That was before the retailers started selling light gauge sets.

We toured the country in a car with a U-Haul trailer. We rented it for 6 months, and the dealer said just renew the lease wherever you are then. But nobody wanted to renew it. When the license became 2 years old, in the middle of the night, we backed it into a big U-Haul lot and left it there. I suppose the owner had a time trying to figure that one out.

We bought a used trailer for our gear and never painted it. It looked pretty rough on the outside, but we figured it looked like there was nothing valuable inside that way.

Those were fun days for me. Traveling college towns, playing singles bars, before DJs took over that end of the business.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You are very welcome.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195